ShiftySamurai

Update Status & First Look: Engine Update

Place your bets, who here ACTUALLY believes that the 'BIG Update' will arrive BEFORE the game reaches it's 1 YEAR anniversary? 

My money's on it won't!

Prove me wrong Gun Media/Illfonic! 

Does anyone still believe that the dedicated servers for consoles will appear before the END of 2018 either? 

SMH! 

I have no idea when to expect the update, and I guess no one else does either really.  With that said, given the fact that they still don't feel comfortable with even giving a projected release date for the update at this point, I wouldn't expect it to fall any time too soon.  Ah well....Honestly, I would rather wait longer and get and update that helps fix bugs and make the game better rather than a rushed update that creates more problems. 

1 minute ago, KenshiroNero said:

Just a bunch of lies from the Devs.. Release this April my Ass.. It's May now.. 

It was never promised to be released in April to begin with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

It was never promised to be released in April to begin with.

Check the first post.. They said this April.. No update on release date.. And day by day, This game is Dying.. Whether its on the console or PC, and only an update could save this game from being uninstalled permanently.. Either the Devs are just lazy to do their work.. I rest my case.. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KenshiroNero said:

Check the first post.. They said this April.. No update on release date.. And day by day, This game is Dying.. Whether its on the console or PC, and only an update could save this game from being uninstalled permanently.. Either the Devs are just lazy to do their work.. I rest my case.. 

No they said "April, at the earliest".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

No they said "April, at the earliest".

This is correct, glad someone clarified. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2018 at 7:49 AM, scorpio said:

Place your bets, who here ACTUALLY believes that the 'BIG Update' will arrive BEFORE the game reaches it's 1 YEAR anniversary? 

My money's on it won't!

Prove me wrong Gun Media/Illfonic! 

Does anyone still believe that the dedicated servers for consoles will appear before the END of 2018 either? 

SMH! 

They probably figured they could save it for the 1 year anniversary and thus give them more time to work out all the kinks. It make sense but goddamn im so tired of waiting.

On 5/3/2018 at 4:51 PM, Tonyglove said:

When is Jason X or Uber Jason coming?

Soon

• Like 1

Given how they handled the whole Paranoia Mode debacle and how lazily the introduction of Roy was (with the exact same mechanics being used as for Jason, despite it making zero sense), I honestly don't believe for a second they'll have the imagination to come up with new mechanics for a Grendel Map - coz they'd have to come up with a mechanic to replace cops/telephones etc, etc. Time will tell but I'd honestly not be surprised in the least if either The Grendel Map never happens or if it ends up being some less than half assed 'hologram room' version of the same kind of 'in the forest' style map that all the rest have been, instead of the kl spaceship themed map we were promised! 

I’m not too worried about the Grendel map myself. I do understand a lot of people are waiting on it, but I could do without. I don’t think the games’s mechanics would change too much for a single map, and I don’t think they necessarily should. 

• Like 1

I expect this to come out on like August 31st or something 

10 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I expect this to come out on like August 31st or something 

Dude, really.

It's not that bad, their buttoning it up now, everything's going to be fine. I know it's been a long wait, but it's almost over.

Yes, really. I don't think it's as done as they let on. You know how slow these guys are 

11 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

Yes, really. I don't think it's as done as they let on. You know how slow these guys are 

Slow an steady wins the race....I know you just want to try it before you head off for break but we are all hanging by a thread waiting with you. I guess what I'm saying is I know what your going through, but don't kick other people's threads. Your comment wanted a response, it's going to be ok. 

I know how these guys are, and other than being exceptionally bad a communication for a media company, all signs point toward it being not to far away. Weeks, not months. 

On 4/23/2018 at 4:12 PM, Hell Toupee said:

Speculation started damn fast lol While it does sound possible that it could hit in May, that was not specifically stated. Fingers crossed but let's please not have a dozen "update coming in May" threads started.

Nothing about this upcoming update has been specifically stated. 

2 hours ago, kepps-66 said:

Nothing about this upcoming update has been specifically stated. 

Yes, but this won't stop dipshit youtube commenters from speculating endlessly otherwise, spreading false hope and disappointment to the ignorant masses.

I'm just glad they're working on it.  Working in the publishing business I've seen many hot shot publishers start up and fail.  Mainly because they were too ambitious and took on more than they could handle.  Looks like Gun is trying to do the right thing.  I applaud them for that.  That said, I want that update just as bad as the rest of you!

5 hours ago, ItsKekzig said:

And where is update date? 😕 I waiting for update long time 🤬

On 4/23/2018 at 3:00 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

When is the update coming?
We are in the later stages of finalizing, but we are not yet at a place in the process where we can state a specific date with certainty. All of our major reworks and new features - updated game engine, Single Player Challenges, Victoria, Bot AI Improvements, Weapon Switching, Legendary Perks, etc. - are in place in our development builds. However, we are at least weeks away from release, and if major issues are found we will work to solve them before release. What we do know is that there is no longer a possibility of hitting a release date in April, and we felt that we should let Friday the 13th: The Game players know.

After all this crap, we better see a fix on games ending because of the host leaving. That should not be a problem in 2018. If Jason leaves, that's one thing. But if a non-Jason host leaves and it doesn't alocate hosting duties to somebody else? That's another. That's not even getting into the constant and constant and constant connection issues.

4 hours ago, Zentorno said:

After all this crap, we better see a fix on games ending because of the host leaving. That should not be a problem in 2018. If Jason leaves, that's one thing. But if a non-Jason host leaves and it doesn't alocate hosting duties to somebody else? That's another. That's not even getting into the constant and constant and constant connection issues.

That's what this is for:   http://forum.f13game.com/topic/18023-welcome-to-the-salt-mines/

Until we get this: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/9937-dedicated-servers-update-and-why-host-migration-wont-happen/

Not perfect, not pretty, not a permanent solution, but it's our best bet until they get the servers running.