ShiftySamurai

Update Status & First Look: Engine Update

12 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

It is hilarious how someone can read, “...many weeks away.” As, “It will be released May 12th”. And others forgetting that the dedicated servers will not be in the same patch.  All these loser YouTubers posting false information seems to have rotted many brains.  The information is available, here in these forums, posted by official personnel, you just need to read it correctly.  I’m still laughing at everything I’ve read in this thread.  It’s absolutely hillareous.

He didn't say many weeks. Just, "At least weeks away". This could mean an early May release. It could mean it is months away. Since they've said the update is largely finished and is just in the polishing stage before certification, I'm betting on late May.

@MichaelMemers he didn’t say it was largely finished. I am a software engineer, and have been for over 40 years, so I know exactly what he meant with the precise words that he chose to use.  Just because a lower level piece of code “appears” to be ready for others to use, does not mean that it is finished.  Nothing in what he said would lead me to believe that they are close to releasing anything.  At least not in the next 3-4 weeks.  Here is what @ShiftySamurai stated:

However, we are at least weeks away from release, and if major issues are found we will work to solve them before release.

Weeks + unforeseen issues > 3-4 weeks

13 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

I’d prefer they don’t stick to any of the fan created timelines. All timelines are fucked up and I hate the idea of Part 8 having taken place around the year 2000. Apparently Batman from 1989 was being advertised in 2000? The films weren’t really made with attention to timelines and I don’t think we should pay attention to them either.

I like the idea of the year shown for a map being the year the film was released. If I had my way, the year wouldn’t be shown at all.

The timeline I proposed is based upon internal lore, so it's not headcanon that part 7 would have to be in 1999 or 2000. We know that Jason was in the lake when Tina was young, and that Part 6 is likely at most a year after Part 5, and part 5 can't logically have happened any less than 4 or 5 years after part 4(because Tommy looks too old to be less than 17), which was in 1984, 5 years after Pamela died(1979), confirmed by her gravestone.

I'm just using the leaps in time provided by the films themselves.

As for the Batman advertising, maybe Michael Keaton finally came back for Batman Triumphant in the F13 universe.

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

I’m aware but the filmmakers obviously didn’t care and I think neither should we.

The maps, while representative of film locations, don’t require being dated.

Yeah, but, my timeline is accurate to the lore so they should use it lol. It is what it is. I'd rather not break time and space to cram Jason into the 80s exclusively and have Tommy age 5 years in 5 months, and Tina 10 years in one year.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah, but, my timeline is accurate to the lore so they should use it lol. It is what it is. I'd rather not break time and space to cram Jason into the 80s exclusively and have Tommy age 5 years in 5 months, and Tina 10 years in one year.

Tommy is showing up as an adult in 1979- an impossibility. Another reason we don’t need the dates.

Just now, bewareofbears said:

Tommy is showing up as an adult in 1979- an impossibility. Another reason we don’t need the dates.

Tommy Jarvis doesn't exist in 1979. That's Rick Astley before his music career took off.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Tommy Jarvis doesn't exist in 1979. That's Rick Astley before his music career took off.

Rick Astley turned 13 in 1979. :lol:

I appreciate your attention to detail but this is probably the one time I’m not onboard. Does it matter? Not really, it’s just a number so I’m not too bothered.

With some of the recent announcements I'm convinced this update will come out the second or third week of May at the earliest, end of June at the latest. I leave for camp on May 17th, I just hope it's out before then because I won't get to play the new update until July 23rd otherwise. 

@bewareofbears, Tommy is able to be in 1979 because he stole the time stone from Dr. Strange 

Just buff Fox, for the love of all things holy, help the gal out. She could be one of the best players in the game.  I'm tired of the Chad, Vanessa and Myers type B utx they are hands down, the best and easiest to use. Also, I know this isn't the right forum for this. I just hope you all start taking a look at this in the near future. Even if Fox had a boost to her luck and stamina, that would make her a much more rounded character. 

If you pause the videos you can found some details:

friday_test.jpg

thunder.jpg

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2018 at 5:59 PM, MsJones-23 said:

People should wait because they fixing a lot of problem and not easy to fix the bugs and glitching i wish they fix when you playing in xbox one that you gonna go in dashboard or when jason trying to hit window but get stuck, and other stuff and i wish in dedicated server we getting new clothing, kills pack for part 5, 6, 8 or 9, jason x and grendel map after that they can work on paranoia mode or some optional game mode( if paranoia don’t work it out after all).

How weeks they said like 1 or 3 weeks

Looks great guys! Keep up the good work :)

On 4/27/2018 at 1:33 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The timeline I proposed is based upon internal lore, so it's not headcanon that part 7 would have to be in 1999 or 2000. We know that Jason was in the lake when Tina was young, and that Part 6 is likely at most a year after Part 5, and part 5 can't logically have happened any less than 4 or 5 years after part 4(because Tommy looks too old to be less than 17), which was in 1984, 5 years after Pamela died(1979), confirmed by her gravestone.

I'm just using the leaps in time provided by the films themselves.

As for the Batman advertising, maybe Michael Keaton finally came back for Batman Triumphant in the F13 universe.

There is no reason to believe Jason was in the lake when Tina was young. Not even a young Jason would have been in the lake.

36 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

There is no reason to believe Jason was in the lake when Tina was young. Not even a young Jason would have been in the lake.

2 reasons why that's wrong:

1. Jason is shown in the lake BEFORE young Tina goes out to the lake in the boat. Jason's outfit resembles his part 6 outfit aside from continuity errors, and has no advanced decay. After Tina kills her dad time jumps forward by 10 years and Jason is much more rotten by the time he is awakened.

2. Even if Part 7 happened 1 year after part 6, young Jason (supposedly)drowned in the 1950s bruh...

On 4/27/2018 at 1:39 AM, bewareofbears said:

I’m aware but the filmmakers obviously didn’t care and I think neither should we.

The maps, while representative of film locations, don’t require being dated.

I have a theory about horror movie film making in the 80s and early 90's.  The theory is that all horror writers were banned from watching the previous entries in a series, and forced to live on a strict diet of cocaine, alcohol, and marijuana.  That theory has made the timeline and plots in multiple horror franchises seem much more understandable.  

1 minute ago, TimmyJarvis said:

I have a theory about horror movie film making in the 80s and early 90's.  The theory is that all horror writers were banned from watching the previous entries in a series, and forced to live on a strict diet of cocaine, alcohol, and marijuana.  That theory has made the timeline and plots in multiple horror franchises seem much more understandable.  

lmao that actually makes a lot of sense

5 hours ago, TimmyJarvis said:

You should watch the John Milius Documentary, that's how he worked in the late 60's and early 70's.

George Hamilton put him up in a house stocked with girls, guns, and drugs to have him write a bunch of B movies.

I'm fairly certain it was a common practice for many years.

24 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Doesn't it seem weird that the forum for the game is more popular than the game itself?

I wouldn't say that, it's always the same 15-25 people responding and making threads each day. 

Just now, Gummybish said:

I wouldn't say that, it's always the same 15-25 people responding and making threads each day. 

There are people who I haven't seen play the game in months, yet they still make time to visit here daily.

26 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

There are people who I haven't seen play the game in months, yet they still make time to visit here daily.

Very true. Hopefully the game is brought back to life with the next update.