If a thread like this exists, I apologize.

This forum can be tiring sometimes with all of the complaining. I do my fair share of it too. But what about those good rounds? What about those rare times when you find a good lobby of players in QP? It can't be all bad.

Today for example, got put into a random QP lobby. Only myself and another player had mic.

during the first round I was AJ and while looking for car parts I found a Fox that had the gas for a car that already had the batteries. I had the keys. Me and fox met up with 2 other players and the one playing Vanessa died. I start the car and juke Jason for a good while, making no progress sadly. So we play Chinese fire drill and the other player with a mic gets in the driver seat. He tries picking up a Vanessa and a Deb but they refuse to get in. It appears they have the fuse and are looking for the fuse house so we leave them behind. Jason manages to stop us and we flee. Somehow the driver glitches and ends up back in Jasons grasp. I try running to save him but it's too late. We laugh about it and me and Fox take off.  As Jason chases us the second car gets fixed. Me and Fox separate as I go try to help the players with the fuse find the house. Tommy comes in and dies as Fox and another escape in the other car. The remaining car seems like suicide so I find the fuse house just as they call the cops. We're the last three left and we manage to keep Jason from killing us as he tries to shift/grab. We get towards one of the exits and pray the cops come to this one. We fight with Jason and he gets one of them. The cops show and Jason nearly grabs me but I hit him and get enough stamina to run to the cops. Me and the other player make it.

The second round starts and the other guy with a mic finds me first. He chases me but I had a flare gun, set up a trap that he walked into, had a pocket knife, and fire crackers, so I gave him a run for his money. I also had health spray and as he attempted to throw knives at me I healed myself. Eventually he catches me and we laugh as he kills me. We were having fun as each time he went for the kill I had something to counter it. After that he kills the two players who managed to get the boat together while I distracted him. Then he went for some lone wolfers and the same players from the match before were working together to find the fuse house. Only this time Jason found them first. We were on Pinehurst. They give him a run for his money but Jason gets them both eventually.

At this point no one has quit. Third round the other guy with the Mic was killed by Jason and Kenny fix the four seater. Jason finds us and chases us all across Pacanack map trying to pick up other players before he stops us. Meanwhile two people fix the boat and escape. Jason chases me instead of the driver and I give him a good chase as Mitch as the same Kenny restarts the car. I get far enough away from the car so Jason has to morph away. The driver tried picking up other players but was one of them decided to hide instead. He eventually comes to pick me up and we make it to the main road and escape. Jason finds the last player and killed him.

but for QP those three matches were fun. I had to work so I got off. Even though we couldn't communicate a lot everyone was actively trying to push objectives and everyone tried to save as many counsellors as they could in the car and boat. No one escaped alone. And when shit got down to the wire we protected each other and had fun. I got lucky today and had good QP matches and I have no complaints.

Anyoneelse have some good stories to share about QP?

• Confused 1

I have far more good times playing this game than bad, it's why I'm still playing. The bad times sting and are easy to get worked up over. But a great match will make me forgive the glitches and disconnects.

I played in a Lobby yesterday where a pair of Jason hunters killed a Savini at Higgins. I had never seen Savini with his mask off so it was kinda cool. The next round I was picked to be Jason. Ive been playing on Random so I was a little nervous when I rolled part 9, I'd only played 2 matches with him prior to this one.

The match went as expected, A Vanessa presented herself for execution so she could come back as Tommy. I knew if I didn't kill her she'd just suicide sonI took the XP. I had all the other counselors killed when they made their play for the sweater. I got my masked knocked off in the shack and missed killing her a couple of times when my shift grab missed by only a few inches.

Eventually Tommy and the sweater girl met up and I went into heavy stalk mode. Not wanting to retreat, I gathered knives and kept trying to find an opening. I was able to land a few knives from a distance, but eventually they seperated when they thought I wasn't watching. 

Tommy stepped in my trap at the phone house and I was able to shift and slash him down with a single stroke. I killed the sweater girl right after.

I took a lot of shit from the guy playing as Tommy. Called me a pussy and all sorts of other things for hiding from them. All that didn't matter because 3 of the other people in the lobby sent friend requests and congratulated me on killing those two. 

I had a bout 2 dozen disconnects and or host quits that day but none of those bothered me because that one match made my day.

• Like 2

Saturday night in a QP match.

I spawn in the cabin nearish the boat, while searching the two other nearest cabins. I find the propeller and a pocket knife. I head to the boat and while fixing the propeller an Adam runs up and drops off the gas. I quickly pour it in. He turns to me and says "Should we wait?", I reply "Wait for what?" he responds with "True". We hop in the boat and escape.

As we follow the rest of the match, Jason is wrecking shop and has killed all but two counselors (Bugsy and Vanessa) and Tommy has returned. He starts tunneling Tommy, but Bugsy shows up and he and Tommy start working on Jason but they are slowly losing ground. They are out of spray and knives. Bugsy goes for another big swing and his machete breaks, but Jason's mask comes off!

Then like Deus Ex Machina, Venessa rolls up in the two seater horn blaring. She gets out and is wearing the sweater and is carrying the axe. She tosses it to Tommy and she stuns Jason. Bugsy starts dancing. Tommy hits him once to knock him down then the killing blow.

All of us (all randos) even Jason were laughing so hard. It was just GG all around.

• Like 2

Good stuff.... Private Matches with friends on mics  who know how to play the game right..  Thats about it 

10 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

@GrandMoff

"Wait for what?" 

"Isn't this the part where he shows up and kills us both?"

If someone clanked the propeller, then for sure.. :D

12 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I have far more good times playing this game than bad

I agree! I didn't start off as a Ft13th fan (movies or game) just because horror persists in my brain. I only started watching the game play because my boyfriend loves the game and loved to scare me. Then I started playing with him. While I typically don't play as Jason just because I don't... I love the game play as a counselor.  I have more fun experiences than bad and most nights Jason kisses (the kill where he headbutts you to death) are the results of being killed by my boyfriend. We mostly play QP and rarely have an evening that completely tanks.

I have made some great friends in the short time I have played (5 months). I always look forward to teaming with them because we are all competitive BUT we all also know it is a game and have a lot of fun while we play together. Sometimes we throw Chad parties where everyone selects Chad as their counselor which is a lot of fun. 

I really haven't ran into the QP issues others have. I think I have had only 1 host ever quit. Generally I find QP to be less organized due to the mic not being utilized as much, but that doesn't mean there haven't been some fun QP rounds or that we never escape etc. 

I have been playing MMOs since 1996 and this rates up there in my top 5 for enjoyability and replayability. Looking forward to see what else comes from the Dev team. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jasix said:

have been playing MMOs since 1996 and this rates up there in my top 5 for enjoyability and replayability. Looking forward to see what else comes from the Dev team. 

Agreed

I've been playing online games a little bit longer, and this game ranks at the top of my list. It reminds me of the old 10 man dungeon raids, but it has the benefit of the Boss being smarter than any AI created.

I don't mind dying in this game because I spent so many hours in other games, getting a group together, working through the quest, getting defeated at the final boss, only to start all over again.

This game has the added benefit that no two matches are the same and everyone is unpredictable.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jasix said:

Sometimes we throw Chad parties where everyone selects Chad as their counselor which is a lot of fun. 

It's nothing compared to the LaChappa Brigade.

Just had my first match where no one left or quit while I was Jason and I killed everyone. Every other time I was Jason people would quit when they weren't picked as Jason, or people would quit if I tunneled them, or they would rage quit if I grabbed them or slashed them to the point where they start to limp. This time everyone was a good sport and stuck around until they were officially dead.

Even when Tommy came he and a Jenny threw me for a loop. The Tommy gave Jenny his pocket knife and she had one of her own. So I avoided grabbing Tommy and when I grabbed Jenny she used the first one. Then they both tried running. I assume they were trying to find my shack. I grab Jenny again and she used another pocket knife. By this time these are the only two left alive. It clicked for me that Tommy gave her his pocket knife so I shift/grabbed Tommy as they went inside a cabin and killed him before Jenny could free him from my grip. Then I went after the true final girl and she gave me a run for my money going in and out of cabins and using all kinds of weapons to try and stun me but I finally got her after a few minutes and since she wanted to run so much I did the kill where Jason forces you to do the splits. I was so happy because I thought I'd never get to play with a full lobby that stuck around while I was Jason.