wes

In Response: Shavar Ross (AKA Reggie "The Reckless" Winter)

So Is the Reggie Thread finally quiet now? 

3 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

So Is the Reggie Thread finally quiet now? 

Does it matter?

Just now, Armani? said:

Does it matter?

It actually does, And I'm not going to go into detail about it, Since like... 50 Other people explained it already, Just look around and you will find your reason. 

Just now, SmugDoka said:

It actually does, And I'm not going to go into detail about it, Since like... 50 Other people explained it already, Just look around and you will find your reason. 

The thread got reconstructed. 

Just now, Armani? said:

The thread got reconstructed. 

Okay, Good for you then. 

Just now, SmugDoka said:

Okay, Good for you then. 

All those other threads you all made after Shavar contacted the Devs should be reconstructed too

The characters are very likely not making it in game. 

Just now, Armani? said:

All those other threads you all made after Shavar contacted the Devs should be reconstructed too

The characters are very likely not making it in game. 

We are Simply Making Suggestion Threads, It's not like We are Killing everyone and saying that those Characters are 100% Going to make it into The Game

I my Self, Never actually Said in any of my posts that My Minor Characters would make it into the Game, Talk to others if you wish, This is not my problem. 

Why do we need a male character composed and lucky? We already have Jenny, you take it or leave it. I imagine these guys saying "Yuuucckkk!! i won't be playing Jenny cos' she's a guuurrrlll!!! Eeeeewww!"

Why are people still asking for this Reggie kid to be added to the game . It doesn’t make sense to me , it doesn’t go with the game , also he’s not a councilor , and did I mention the fact that well , he’s a KID !! And plus he wasn’t even that memorable or iconic in his film . And they’re already adding Melissa and probably that wheelchair guy from Part 2 which I rather see added to the game instead , in my opinion lol .

9 minutes ago, ElusiveGamer said:

Why are people still asking for this Reggie kid to be added to the game . It doesn’t make sense to me , it doesn’t go with the game , also he’s not a councilor , and did I mention the fact that well , he’s a KID !! And plus he wasn’t even that memorable or iconic in his film . And they’re already adding Melissa and probably that wheelchair guy from Part 2 which I rather see added to the game instead , in my opinion lol .

I'm sure @Armani? would be more than happy to explain it. Or maybe one of the other 5 people that wanted him.

22 minutes ago, ElusiveGamer said:

You do realize every person added to this game isn't a counselor lol

Also, no one asked for him to be a kid in the game. 

Also he was memorable. He's the most memorable character from part 5. All Part 5 merchandise money made nowadays is from Reggie related things.

1 hour ago, Santi_Lee said:

Why do we need a male character composed and lucky? We already have Jenny, you take it or leave it. I imagine these guys saying "Yuuucckkk!! i won't be playing Jenny cos' she's a guuurrrlll!!! Eeeeewww!"

Maybe because no one wants to play Chad and have his map go black every 5 seconds of being around Jason, but still be able to run decently.

If I see my stats used for any counselor besides an Reggie inspiration, I will be upset.

Composure - 8

Speed - 8

Luck - 7

Stamina - 4

Repair - 3

Strength - 3

Stealth - 2

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

All Part 5 merchandise money made nowadays is from Reggie related things.

Hoooooooo my . . . 

Wow.

Sorry. I-- I just have to ask: can you show any substantiation of this at all?

I don't mean like a link or two to available Reggie memorabilia. I mean, like, sales figures? 

I really, reeeeeeeeaaalllly have a hard time believing Reggie merch beats Roy merch.

7 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Hoooooooo my . . . 

Wow.

Sorry. I-- I just have to ask: can you show any substantiation of this at all?

I don't mean like a link or two to available Reggie memorabilia. I mean, like, sales figures? 

I really, reeeeeeeeaaalllly have a hard time believing Reggie merch beats Roy merch.

I was referring to the characters in the film, not Roy/Jason.

My fault.

15 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Maybe because no one wants to play Chad and have his map go black every 5 seconds of being around Jason, but still be able to run decently.

But we already have Jenny for that.

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

I was referring to the characters in the film, not Roy/Jason.

My fault.

Understood.

And look: I am actually sorry for this announcement. It's not what you and the others wanted to hear. I know how it is to want something so badly and it not to turn out the way you wanted it to. And hey, maybe Reggie will be added someday when the rights are all settled. It's definitely a good sign that Shavar is interested and reaching out.

They could do a lot of fun things with him. It's just, if he is added -- I'd like to see him added in an honorable, positive way.

Keep trying. Keep hoping. Rallying the troops is not a bad thing. Just fight the good fight, and we'll all be proud at the finish line.

Best of luck.

6 minutes ago, Santi_Lee said:

But we already have Jenny for that.

Then one could ask, what was the point of adding Victoria? 

I mean...she's essentially Chad with stamina and speed switched.

The 8 composure hasn't been used yet nor 7 for luck. We also need more luck counselors. We only have 4.

Yes by all means, I agree with Skunky. Nothing wrong with wanting a character or ten, look what it inspired. 

On 4/23/2018 at 2:50 PM, wes said:

Hey campers! 

I hope you all had a great weekend and that this Monday isn’t being too rough on you. I heard that Mitch is still recovering from having too much fun this past Friday. ;)

So, seems to be a lot of chatter about our pal Reggie, huh? It is true that Shavar Ross AKA Reggie “The Reckless” Winter reached out to us about being a character in the game. We’re fans of Mr. Ross and loved him as Reggie in Part V. Let’s not forget that scream he has! Man, he could beach dolphins with those pipes! However, as you guys are fully aware, adding a new character to the lineup isn’t as easy as flipping a switch. A lot of thought would need to go into a new counselor and their stats. Let’s not forget that Reggis was a kid in the film, and Mr. Ross is a little older now. I’m not sure he can hit that high note scream anymore. :)

It would be cool to see Reggie back at Pinehurst again, but adding new content to the game isn’t always our call to make. Especially with the uncertainty of the on-going Miller case with respect to the license. There are other characters we have on our internal wish list as well. Maybe someday we will get to bring them back to Crystal Lake. But in the interim, under the circumstances, we can’t commit to them. It sucks, I know. Trust me...I’m a fan just like you guys, and I want to see more familiar faces at camp. 

Wes Keltner
CEO Gun Media 

Glad you notice the love!

Why was a special thread made just to tell us something that's NOT coming?

I got excited thinking it was going to happen.  Part 5 rules, and Reggie is my boy!

Thanks to Wes for being the ultimate Debbie Downer.

1 minute ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I got excited thinking it was going to happen.  Part 5 rules, and Reggie is my boy!

Perhaps we can get an male adult counselor inspired by him

You never know with them

3bDW5.gif

2 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I mean its better that he shows he looks through comments and looks through the forum ya know?

1 minute ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I mean its better that he shows he looks through comments and looks through the forum ya know?

That wasn't exactly the case, this scenario....

Just now, Armani? said:

That wasn't exactly the case, this scenario....

Wes acknowledges the love and explains not all things are possible at the moment so its hope in the future he could be added but not right now.

Yeah, but he didn't mention Muffin, so everything is still good. 

Now that the Reggie thing is done, we can do the real work, Muffin still needs those likes.

(It is way easier to say that with a straight face on the internet, lol)