wes

In Response: Shavar Ross (AKA Reggie "The Reckless" Winter)

19 hours ago, wes said:

So, seems to be a lot of chatter about our pal Reggie, huh?

On 4/18/2018 at 10:20 AM, Cokeyskunk said:

Removing posts from the five users mentioned above, only 3% of comments were POSITIVE about adding the character.

logointro-preview-hq_3.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

logointro-preview-hq_3.gif

No matter how many times you post this, it will remain biased, fake news.

Screenshot_2017_12_23_13_06_08.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Armani? said:

That poll has nothing to do with the posts in the thread.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

That poll has nothing to do with the posts in the thread.

I think I'll take a poll of 1000 people vs coming up with a biased statistic by removing 5 members who post the most in the thread the most. This community is not that big.

20 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Explain to me how me taking the time to go through each and every post and write down every cold, hard metric and extrapolate the percentages is in ANY way "fake news"?

Those metrics are 100% factual. Facts cannot be debunked. Your refusal to accept them does not make them any less factual.

14 minutes ago, Armani? said:

I think I'll take a poll of 1000 people vs coming up with a biased statistic by removing 5 members who post the most in the thread the most. This community is not that big.

You could make that poll for practically ANY counselor, and they would get similar responses.

You see this as "740 people are DEMANDING REGGIE!"

The rest of the world sees this as people seeing the poll, thinking "Yeah, Reggie might be cool" (as they would with practically any addition from the films), and clicking "Yes."

• Like 1

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

Explain to me how me taking the time to go through each and every post and write down every cold, hard metrics and extrapolate the percentages is in ANY way "fake news"?

Those metrics are 100% factual. Facts cannot be debunked. Your refusal to accept them does not make them any less factual.

Those are alternative facts, not facts. 

You removed 5 members just to fit your argument.  

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Those are alternative facts, not facts. 

You removed 5 members just to fit your argument.  

Negative. I stated I was removing the five members spamming the page. Alternative facts would omit that very important factor.

Your thread proves that 5 people on the forum really want that character. 

3% of the rest think it might be cool, too.

The overwhelming majority of the remainder either don't care, don't want him, or don't like the spamming.

There is no alternative viewpoint, unless you can go through your own thread, as I have, and find different metrics. But you won't because you can't.

Which leaves you with:

dJAdxF.gif

6 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Negative. I stated I was removing the five members spamming the page. Alternative facts would omit that very important factor.

Your thread proves that 5 people on the forum really want that character. 

3% of the rest think it might be cool, too.

The overwhelming majority of the remainder either don't care, don't want him, or don't like the spamming.

There is no alternative viewpoint, unless you can go through your own thread, as I have, and find different metrics. But you can't, so you won't.

Which leaves you with:

dJAdxF.gif

5 members didn't spam the thread.

They posted the most in the thread because they wanted him in the game.  You removed 5 members and came up with a fake statistic.

Let's also ignore the fact the thread got the 2nd most likes for a counselor pitch in the OP on the entire forum.

No, people click yes on a poll if people think he would be a good counselor. They click no if they think not, so no, it wouldn't be the same perentage for every character in the movie.

tenor.gif

• Thanks 2

I doubt we'll be getting anymore counselors. After this huge update drops, we'll be desperately waiting for dedicated servers, Jason X, and grendel, and I'm fully convinced that after that, this game is done and will slowly bleed into obscurity unless the new updates serves as a support beam that it desperately needs. As much as I would love Alice, Demon, Reggie, etc to be in the game, I doubt it at this point. I would love to see a part 2 of this game, but with them using the other license so we could get all the Jasons that can't be in the game 

What about his character from Family Matters? Playable Weasel?

5 members didn't spam the thread.

They posted the most in the thread because they wanted him in the game.  You removed 5 members and came up with a fake statistic.

Five members made more than half of the posts. You yourself made a quarter of them.

Almost a third of responses were negative.

I could make a thread about adding Muffin, spam the page myself day-in and day-out, and I guarantee you I could have more OP likes and pages than the Reggie thread in a month. I would be much less liked for it, and I would have to have a lot more free time on my hands, but it's absolutely doable. But if I were to -- does that mean MUFFIN has a HUGE fanbase and everyone wants her added??  

Find the fake news in that, please.

Also, you re-using my gif with the 3 makes absolutely no sense, but I guess it's par for the course.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I doubt we'll be getting anymore counselors. After this huge update drops, we'll be desperately waiting for dedicated servers, Jason X, and grendel, and I'm fully convinced that after that, this game is done and will slowly bleed into obscurity unless the new updates serves as a support beam that it desperately needs. As much as I would love Alice, Demon, Reggie, etc to be in the game, I doubt it at this point. I would love to see a part 2 of this game, but with them using the other license so we could get all the Jasons that can't be in the game 

I'm pretty sure we're getting another counselor. Then that may be the last one. 

@Cokeyskunk

giphy.gif

Muffin won't get 17 likes in the OP.

4 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Let's also ignore the fact the thread got the 2nd most likes for a counselor pitch in the OP on the entire forum.

How is it a fake statistic? It shows that other than the 5 forum members that were pushing hard for Reggie, only 3% out of the near 50% of the other posts by many more forum members thought it was a good idea or didn't really care.

Yet at the end of the day the answer from the people who decide what will and will not be in the game, and I quote 'nah'

5 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Muffin won't get 17 likes in the OP.

Of course she won't. Because she doesn't have a small group actively campaigning for her. No one wants to do the things you and the four others are doing in order to skew the numbers. And even if myself and the others chose to do it and made sure the Muffin thread got 50 OP likes and 2,000 pages JUST to make a point with you, it STILL wouldn't mean people wanted her added! 

No matter how you look at it -- five very active members campaigning for a counselor DOES NOT MAKE HIM POPULAR.

But go ahead, change the subject again when faced with an inarguable metric.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Of course she won't. Because she doesn't have a small group actively campaigning for her. No one wants to do the things you and the four others are doing in order to skew the numbers. And even if myself and the others chose to do it and made sure the Muffin thread got 50 OP likes and 2,000 pages JUST to make a point with you, it STILL wouldn't mean people wanted her added! 

No matter how you look at it -- five very active members campaigning for a counselor DOES NOT MAKE HIM POPULAR.

But go ahead, change the subject again when faced with an inarguable metric.

Muffin will not get 50 likes in the OP or 2000 pages, so stop acting stupid. Not even the mean girl thread got that.

#1 This community is a very small part of the game community. 

#2 No other counselor pitch was getting more than 5 members consistently post in the thread, campaigning after Victoria was confirmed besides mine.

#3 No other counselor pitch has more likes in the OP of my thread besides Melissa.

aybSKah.gif

Edited by Armani?

6 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Muffin will not get 50 likes in the OP or 2000 pages, so stop acting stupid. Not even the mean girl thread got that.

So, you're actually suggesting I couldn't organize enough people or create enough fake accounts -- no matter how hard I tried -- to get the Muffin OP 50 likes, and make the thread have 2,000+ posts? You're really saying it would be IMPOSSIBLE for myself and a small band of others to use deceptive practices to accomplish this? I'm just trying to be clear as to if that's what you're saying. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

So, you're actually suggesting I couldn't organize enough people or create enough fake accounts -- no matter how hard I tried -- to get the Muffin OP 50 likes, and make the thread have 2,000+ posts? You're really saying it would be IMPOSSIBLE for myself and a small band of others to use deceptive practices to accomplish this? I'm just trying to be clear if that's what you're saying. 

Sounds like a challenge to me! I'm not sure how you would contact the dog though...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Truth said:

Sounds like a challenge to me! I'm not sure how you would contact the dog though...

Lol

11 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

So, you're actually suggesting I couldn't organize enough people or create enough fake accounts -- no matter how hard I tried -- to get the Muffin OP 50 likes, and make the thread have 2,000+ posts? You're really saying it would be IMPOSSIBLE for myself and a small band of others to use deceptive practices to accomplish this? I'm just trying to be clear as to if that's what you're saying. 

You could make fake accounts, although I wouldn't recommend it. It is against the rules of the forum and all.

11 minutes ago, Truth said:

@Cokeyskunk maybe not Muffin, but Alice already has 13 positive reactions after just a few days and very little effort from @bewareofbears.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/18603-alice-hardy-bring-the-original-“final-girl”-to-the-game/

I'd say 13 in a few days tops 17 in a few months.

That thread was made as a direct result of Shavar contacting the Devs, so I'm not upset :)

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

That thread was made as a direct result of Shavar contacting the Devs, so I'm not upset :)

Why would be upset about the success of someone else's idea? No one ever said you should be. My point was that it's been far more accepted than Reggie was in the first few days. He's already about to beat your Reggie thread and he's barely put forth ANY effort.

Just now, Truth said:

Why would be upset about the success of someone else's idea? No one ever said you should be. My point was that it's been far more accepted than Reggie was in the first few days. He's already about to beat your Reggie thread and he's barely put forth ANY effort.

. . . and he didn't even use any smug GIFs of girls smiling and drinking champagne!! @bewareofbears, how do you do it, you magic man?!?!

;)

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

Maybe because people like the character from the movie??? Reggie is still the #1 male thread. You guys make it so hard for new female counselors or additions, they can only pick so many because there has to be a gender balance.

That said, Wes just said adding new characters from the movies is unlikely now and if they do, it'll be the ones on their wish list. 

Maybe because people like the character from the movie??? Reggie is still the #1 male thread. You guys make it so hard for new female counselors or additions, they can only pick so many because there has to be a gender balance.

That said, Wes just said adding new characters from the movies is unlikely now and if they do, it'll be the ones on their wish list. 

I don't think there has to be a gender balance, that's never really been an issue with video games before. Worst case there are more females, who would complain about that?

We know what Wes said, we know how to read. You keep bringing up your 17 positive reactions and that stupid poll like you received a purple heart or something. We're trying to get you to understand just how insignificant that truly is.

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

I don't think there has to be a gender balance, that's never really been an issue with video games before. Worst case there are more females, who would complain about that?

Not me! In fact, here's Alice Hardy (1), Ginny Field (2), Chris Higgins (3), and Trish Jarvis (4) together!

ladies-of-the-lake-lg.jpg

• Like 2