wes

In Response: Shavar Ross (AKA Reggie "The Reckless" Winter)

Hey campers! 

I hope you all had a great weekend and that this Monday isn’t being too rough on you. I heard that Mitch is still recovering from having too much fun this past Friday. ;)

So, seems to be a lot of chatter about our pal Reggie, huh? It is true that Shavar Ross AKA Reggie “The Reckless” Winter reached out to us about being a character in the game. We’re fans of Mr. Ross and loved him as Reggie in Part V. Let’s not forget that scream he has! Man, he could beach dolphins with those pipes! However, as you guys are fully aware, adding a new character to the lineup isn’t as easy as flipping a switch. A lot of thought would need to go into a new counselor and their stats. Let’s not forget that Reggis was a kid in the film, and Mr. Ross is a little older now. I’m not sure he can hit that high note scream anymore. :)

It would be cool to see Reggie back at Pinehurst again, but adding new content to the game isn’t always our call to make. Especially with the uncertainty of the on-going Miller case with respect to the license. There are other characters we have on our internal wish list as well. Maybe someday we will get to bring them back to Crystal Lake. But in the interim, under the circumstances, we can’t commit to them. It sucks, I know. Trust me...I’m a fan just like you guys, and I want to see more familiar faces at camp. 

Wes Keltner
CEO Gun Media 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 4

What about an update on the status of the  new engine, single player challenges, etc without being vague? 

2 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

What about an update on the status of the  new engine, single player challenges, etc without being vague? 

I’m sure he knows fans want an update on the engine progress. It’s been asked many times. I am also sure it will come eventually. 

Eventually= probably the beginning of August when I've abandoned the game entirely 

Well, an official statement was made finally.

Though it's interesting to hear the actor was interested in having his character appear in-game. If the single player challenges involved movie scenes, I could imagine Reggie making a guest appearance. It's not like a voice actor who sounds like Reggie couldn't be hired.

What I find really interesting is the fact the devs have a wish list of their own. If possible, mind sharing a clue or two?

That case isn't going to affect the eventual addition of Uber, is it?  Or any future maps based on the existing films?

I've been a bit concerned about it, especially because if it goes the way the plaintiff wants, the rights are going to be in a very confusing place.

Edit:  Not that I think he has a strong case, but there's always that bit of worry.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Shit. I’d rather have Demon. 

THIS.

His actor has also expressed that he'd gladly reprise the role if asked.

We still need a male counselor with composure and luck. Perhaps it would be easier to make a counselor inspired by him. That seems to be the new in thing anyways with Mitch and Victoria. There is stats in the Reggie thread with trope role and clothing ideas.

@Gertz

@GunMedia_Ben

@wes

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

Eventually= probably the beginning of August when I've abandoned the game entirely 

Really it's coming give them some dam time sheesh 

20 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

So is this, "he'll never be added to game as a older counselor", or maybe "down the road a bit."

Everything is here for a conceptual idea, there's nothing to tweak or add anymore. So when you're ready, I'm ready

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/14162-reggie-reckless-winter-shavar-ross-contacts-the-devs-new-details-in-op/

Or.....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RoyBurns said:

We still need a male counselor with composure and luck. Perhaps it would be easier to make a counselor inspired by him. That seems to be the new in thing anyways.

He should be a kid and not grown up.

Jason killed a guy on a wheelchair, a pregnant woman, and a cute dog. Not to mention its sort of confirm that he even rape a women. So going through all that, killing a kid is no different.

5 minutes ago, Loading said:

Jason killed a guy on a wheelchair, a pregnant woman, and a cute dog. Not to mention its sort of confirm that he even rape a women. So going through all that, killing a kid is no different.

Well, about that, Reggie was supposed to come back for the next movie and be killed during the beggining alongside Pam a la Alice. 

Reggie was last seen sleeping in Pam's lap. Reggie was presumably sent to a mental institution or foster care since he had no other family.

In the original script of Jason Lives, Reggie was revealed to have been placed in a mental institution alongside Tommy, and was killed by Jason when he rose from the grave. However, despite the film was being a direct sequel to New Beginning, he and Pam were rewritten out of the film. 

At one point in time when Jason Lives was being considered as a direct sequel to A New Beginning rather than to The Final Chapter, the surviving characters Pam and Reggie from A New Beginning were to have died in the film's opening moments.[14] Shavar Ross, who played Reggie in A New Beginning, said he wasn't interested in coming back to be killed off and has intimated as much in interviews/commentary for His Name Was Jason and the 2009 DVD of A New Beginning.

Murder is murder, and it's just wrong in all scenarios, I agree with you on that. But that's simply how the ratings for games work and so it's a huge complication on many different levels. 

5 minutes ago, Loading said:

This is a game...so...yeah. No "kid" murder

He was already 14 anyways. Making a 17 or 18 year old counselor based off him is easier. 

I'm assuming the various legal hurdles to add Shelly, Tommy and Fox into the game aren't the same legal hurdles as adding Reggie?

So if Victor wins the lawsuit = GG future film content?

That's certainly what it seems like here.

18 hours ago, Loading said:

Not to mention its sort of confirm that he even rape a women

Where the fuck did that come from?