Sign in to follow this  
NekoJubei

Perks that still don’t work properly

So I searched and I don’t think theres a topic regarding to this..

Seriously, Sneaky and Evasion still dont work properly and is been months >.< is it because the attention is not being brought much in public?

The reason they don’t work properly is because they only fasten the animation but you still have to wait for the original duration of the action performed ): It should work like Swift Attacker where it fastens everything (startup,active and recovery frames)

Also it’s not only those two... The extra healing granted by Medic and Hypochondriac don’t work as well.. 

which is fine because Medic is already broken buuuuut

I really hope they get fixed :/ I been wanting to use my Epic Evasion perk as well..

Hopefully the perks have all been looked at when they did the engine conversion and this will have changed after the update. 

Edit - how did this make you sad? I said hopefully, I'm hoping they are, I'm not sad about it.

I was trying to be reassuring, do I not sound reassuring? How do I emote reassurance?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sneaky or Evasion won't help you survive with the current unbalanced mess the game is....actually they wont help at all. They're useless.

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Hopefully the perks have all been looked at when they did the engine conversion and this will have changed after the update. 

Hopefully ))): 

1 minute ago, JayDoesGames said:

Sneaky or Evasion won't help you survive with the current unbalanced mess the game is....actually they wont help at all. They're useless.

Basically every perk that isn’t Medic,Swift,Sucker,Marathon and Thick Skinned LOL this makes me sad

Just now, NekoJubei said:

Hopefully ))): 

Basically every perk that isn’t Medic,Swift,Sucker,Marathon and Thick Skinned LOL this makes me sad

True. I think the perks we call useless should be counselor perks that come with specific counselors and don't take a perk slot. It's kinda like the legendary perks they're doing. Each character has a bonus perk. 

• Like 2

Just now, JayDoesGames said:

True. I think the perks we call useless should be counselor perks that come with specific counselors and don't take a perk slot. It's kinda like the legendary perks they're doing. Each character has a bonus perk. 

Honestly we need to make a big post about how the community overall feels for the current perks :/ is been way too long and most of the perks are super useless and are outclassed by the top tier ones

2 minutes ago, NekoJubei said:

Honestly we need to make a big post about how the community overall feels for the current perks :/ is been way too long and most of the perks are super useless and are outclassed by the top tier ones

I have a feeling the devs don't care, or they just don't get how their game is played. When they start buffing Quit Swimmer, it makes me think they haven't a clue.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

I have a feeling the devs don't care, or they just don't get how their game is played. When they start buffing Quit Swimmer, it makes me think they haven't a clue.

They nerf Man At Arms which was pretty underused already and leave Scout AKA one of the absolute worst perks in the game untouched

I really hope the devs realize this ): I still have faith but it can only last for so long

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

I still play this way to this day, and escape quite frequently. I really need to start making some videos on how to be sneaky as AJ...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JayDoesGames said:

True. I think the perks we call useless should be counselor perks that come with specific counselors and don't take a perk slot.

I like this idea.  Perks like fire cracker stun radius, faster car starting, etc. would be cool if they were little bonus abilities attached to specific counselors.  As it stands now, I simply never use them (even in epic form) because their benefits just do not outweigh perks like marathon, thick skin, etc.  Anyway, that's a good idea. 

8 hours ago, Matt23leo said:

I like this idea.  Perks like fire cracker stun radius, faster car starting, etc. would be cool if they were little bonus abilities attached to specific counselors.  As it stands now, I simply never use them (even in epic form) because their benefits just do not outweigh perks like marathon, thick skin, etc.  Anyway, that's a good idea. 

I like this idea too, but after more thought I think it would be nice if the devs just gave all counselors an extra perk slot.  Better for us to determine which counselor receives which "bonus" ability.  They might lock an epic fire cracker on say Kenny, but we may rather have rolled a rare with very little downside and slap it on our favorite counselor's 4th slot.  Or hell, do both a special ability and an extra slot.  I always felt like 3 slots are not enough to bring a counselor to their full potential.  

On 4/23/2018 at 8:10 PM, JayDoesGames said:

I feel personally Insulted because I use Sneaky on almost everyone because I only had 4 perks

.-.

As I said guys remember the animation is fastened but you are still locked as if you were doing it without the perk

On 24/04/2018 at 2:10 AM, JayDoesGames said:

JayDoesGames...maybe shouldn’t do games. Not this one at least.

@NekoJubei There is nothing broken about Evasion for me, I have read reports of it freezing up but I personally haven’t experienced any such thing. Of course you have to go through the animation, if you want a faster attack start up then you must equip Swift. Here is a controlled test of dodge cancels with an Epic Evasion -

And in comparison to regular dodge cancel without Evasion -

Why anyone wouldn’t automatically sell Sneaky is beyond me though. It is a useless perk.

7 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

JayDoesGames...maybe shouldn’t do games. Not this one at least.

@NekoJubei There is nothing broken about Evasion for me, I have read reports of it freezing up but I personally haven’t experienced any such thing. Here is a controlled test of dodge cancels with an Epic Evasion -

Why anyone wouldn’t automatically sell Sneaky is beyond me though. It is a useless perk.

Oh! Really appreciate the video example <3

Honestly I think there’s definetly something wrong with it... I have a 18% one which is not perfect but the differences are noticeable.. everytime I dodge with it and try to move or attack with the counselor, they just get stuck a bit :/ that’s why the swings come out a bit late ):

the dodge somewhat works, it’s just the ending frames that are messy

3 minutes ago, NekoJubei said:

Oh! Really appreciate the video example <3

Honestly I think there’s definetly something wrong with it... I have a 18% one which is not perfect but the differences are noticeable.. everytime I dodge with it and try to move or attack with the counselor, they just get stuck a bit :/ that’s why the swings come out a bit late ):

the dodge somewhat works, it’s just the ending frames that are messy

What platform are you on? The examples I posted were on PS4. It is possible it is bugged on other platforms as like I said I have read reports about it freezing up.

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

What platform are you on? The examples I posted were on PS4. It is possible it is bugged on other platforms as like I said I have read reports about it freezing up.

Oh oops lol I guess I should of specified :x Im on PS4 and Xbox but I mostly play on Xbox and have the perk there as well

19 minutes ago, NekoJubei said:

Oh oops lol I guess I should of specified :x Im on PS4 and Xbox but I mostly play on Xbox and have the perk there as well

Well it’s certainly interesting why some people are having an issue with it. Something I will have to look into more.

44 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Well it’s certainly interesting why some people are having an issue with it. Something I will have to look into more.

Yeah ): I’ll record my results when I get the chance

Btw I love your contribution in the playbook aaaaaa

ok uh back on topic.. ;p

Looks like Evasion and Sneaky aren’t the only weird working perks.. the extra healing granted by Medic and Hypochondriac do not work

It'd be amazing if all perks would feel like they actually contribute to something. For example, Light Footed doesn't do shit unless you're A.J and only A.J for whatever reasons, despite Tiffany also having 10 points in composure. It'd be nice if everyone would notice a change regardless of their stealth score. Same goes for all the other perks and builds. 

40 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

It'd be amazing if all perks would feel like they actually contribute to something. For example, Light Footed doesn't do shit unless you're A.J and only A.J for whatever reasons, despite Tiffany also having 10 points in composure. It'd be nice if everyone would notice a change regardless of their stealth score. Same goes for all the other perks and builds. 

Yeah I definetly agree :/ also Lightfoot needs to get changed to “Overall reduction to noise” it would benefit the rest of Counselors because this is pretty much an AJ-exclusive perk

I’m gonna be making a post about how I feel about the current perks and their viability and I would love to see other people’s opinions because it’s been far too long and the majority of the perks stink.. not to mention their balancing is bit questionable since they are nerfing Man At Arms and not touching Medic or Sucker Punch lol