How would a Halloween game work?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think a game like the movie Halloween should work?

• Keep the current aspect: "Counselors" (survivors) of Haddonfield, trapped in their neighborhood trying to escape with a killer on the loose
    • Similar aspect: Same with the survivors, but a different killer mechanic/location
    • Same with the killer aspect but different location and survivors

I voted for option B, we can have the same type of "protagonists" while a different mechanic for the killer is changed so that it isn't too similar to F13.

Ideas :Make stalk something permanenetly

Chase music reduced to very special moments

Different weapons for each Version(2,4,5,6,7,8,and special crafted Skins)

No Emotes

Reasonable Clothing packs

Worthy Leveling up system

Grab Kills

Less weapons for survivors

Different Way to find Survivors rather than sense

Chris Durand or Nick Castle Play Michael in the Game

Hero: Dr.Loomis

Maps:Smiths Grove(part one),Myers Neighborhood(part one),Graveyard (part one),Hospital(part two),School (part two).Farm House/Party(part four),Mine Field/Shaft(Part four/Five),Myers neighborhood(part five),Jamie's Hospital(Part five),Smiths Grove/Thorn(part Six),Myers Neighborhood (part Six),Lauries Collage(Part Seven),Smiths Grove (Part eight),Myers house (Eight)

Tapes:The Loomis Tapes,Laurie Diaries

Story Mode:Show what Michael did during some the events of the films while we didn't see him.

Story Dlc"Halloween Season Of the Witch (Spin-Off story),Alternate Storylines(What happened after Halloween Six?)

Halloween is WAY more serious than F13 is movie wise,I don't want know goofiness with Chad and stuff like that .Halloween:The Game Would be Serious all around and would Be the best Asymetrical Horror game of all time ,even beating F13 if done like I just described it .Il come up with more ideas latter.

4 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Ideas :Make stalk something permanenetly

Chase music reduced to very special moments

Different weapons for each Version(2,4,5,6,7,8,and special crafted Skins)

No Emotes

Reasonable Clothing packs

Worthy Leveling up system

Grab Kills

Less weapons for survivors

Different Way to find Survivors rather than sense

Chris Durand or Nick Castle Play Michael in the Game

Hero: Dr.Loomis

Maps:Smiths Grove(part one),Myers Neighborhood(part one),Graveyard (part one),Hospital(part two),School (part two).Farm House/Party(part four),Mine Field/Shaft(Part four/Five),Myers neighborhood(part five),Jamie's Hospital(Part five),Smiths Grove/Thorn(part Six),Myers Neighborhood (part Six),Lauries Collage(Part Seven),Smiths Grove (Part eight),Myers house (Eight)

Tapes:The Loomis Tapes,Laurie Diaries

Story Mode:Show what Michael did during some the events of the films while we didn't see him.

Story Dlc"Halloween Season Of the Witch (Spin-Off story),Alternate Storylines(What happened after Halloween Six?)

Halloween is WAY more serious than F13 is movie wise,I don't want know goofiness with Chad and stuff like that .Halloween:The Game Would be Serious all around and would Be the best Asymetrical Horror game of all time ,even beating F13 if done like I just described it .Il come up with more ideas latter.

Great suggestions! If they make a game like this and there's a beta, I hope it releases for all platforms.

1 minute ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Great suggestions! If they make a game like this and there's a beta, I hope it releases for all platforms.

Thank you.Halloween is My first lover and Hold it in number one regards above everthing in Horror .Any Company that does the Game DO IT RIGHT OR ELSE.

1 minute ago, The Gloved One said:

Thank you.Halloween is My first lover and Hold it in number one regards above everthing in Horror .Any Company that does the Game DO IT RIGHT OR ELSE.

Lol, they better not do some crappy introduction with Micheal. If they involve.. machine guns and army weapons (?!?!?!), then they have officially ruined Halloween for me.

I had an idea for stats:

Instead of your common 7 stats, you would have something like this:

Speed

Intelligence

Repair capability 

Stamina

Stealth

with 20 points across each.

To escape, well..

You have 4 methods:

Repairing the Van (I don't know if there was a van, I forgot):

You will need 1 can of gas, a tire, a brake, and an engine (different from the battery)

This is similar to F13, but you will need to insert the brake by going under the car. The engine and gas are the same, and simply you'll just need to change the tire. The van holds up to 7 people (9 survivors in-game) and it's a bit slower than the average car. Can be flipped.

Calling the Police:

This is common. For this, you will need to repair the breaker box and then repair the phone line with a key and probably a fuse. Then, you will need to locate the phone. It can be on the wall, a coffee table, etc. They arrive within 6-7 minutes, and everyone can escape. Micheal instantly enters -talk about this later- and becomes faster. 

Killing Micheal (For once and for all):

Yeah, you just need Dr. Loomis and Laurie, some steps and you'll end Micheal for once and for all (until the next match  ;))

Fixing the Neighborhood, or any other map you are on:

Let's say you are on, you know, Haddonfield, and you have to fix the entire neighborhood before Micheal kills you. Once you do, then every escape method will be available/fixed.

Hope I did good. Some of these, I just thought of myself.

Not sure how a Halloween game would work differently (As I actually really like the F13th game design). It would be neat to see a suburbs map (as well as the Hospital from Part 2). And I guess it's babysitters instead of counselors? :lol:. Perhaps, the non-Michael Myers player characters are chosen randomly (so no "clones" running through Haddonfield) and perhaps they each have a particular assignment they have to complete in addition to evading Michael? (Protecting the children, fixing a car, finding a lost dog, etc. Each task requiring gathering the necessary equipment. I dunno. Just spitballing ideas.)

I think Michael should definitely play more stealth-like in game though. (While maintaining his super strength and durability in combat.) I wonder how F13's single player modes will work?

8 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

Not sure how a Halloween game would work differently (As I actually really like the F13th game design). It would be neat to see a suburbs map (as well as the Hospital from Part 2). And I guess it's babysitters instead of counselors? :lol:. Perhaps, the non-Michael Myers player characters are chosen randomly (so no "clones" running through Haddonfield) and perhaps they each have a particular assignment they have to complete in addition to evading Michael? (Protecting the children, fixing a car, finding a lost dog, etc. Each task requiring gathering the necessary equipment. I dunno. Just spitballing ideas.)

I think Michael should definitely play more stealth-like in game though. (While maintaining his super strength and durability in combat.) I wonder how F13's single player modes will work?

I feel ya! Maybe this might be a little bit too similar to Last Year, but maybe it could be like "doing objectives without getting killed". Hah, but I like your suggestions :P

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

I had an idea for stats:

Instead of your common 7 stats, you would have something like this:

Speed

Intelligence

Repair capability 

Stamina

Stealth

with 20 points across each.

To escape, well..

You have 4 methods:

Repairing the Van (I don't know if there was a van, I forgot):

You will need 1 can of gas, a tire, a brake, and an engine (different from the battery)

This is similar to F13, but you will need to insert the brake by going under the car. The engine and gas are the same, and simply you'll just need to change the tire. The van holds up to 7 people (9 survivors in-game) and it's a bit slower than the average car. Can be flipped.

Calling the Police:

This is common. For this, you will need to repair the breaker box and then repair the phone line with a key and probably a fuse. Then, you will need to locate the phone. It can be on the wall, a coffee table, etc. They arrive within 6-7 minutes, and everyone can escape. Micheal instantly enters -talk about this later- and becomes faster. 

Killing Micheal (For once and for all):

Yeah, you just need Dr. Loomis and Laurie, some steps and you'll end Micheal for once and for all (until the next match  ;))

Fixing the Neighborhood, or any other map you are on:

Let's say you are on, you know, Haddonfield, and you have to fix the entire neighborhood before Micheal kills you. Once you do, then every escape method will be available/fixed.

Hope I did good. Some of these, I just thought of myself.

To kill Michael,you have to find six (or seven bullets) in order to kill him and it has to be by Dr.Loomis only.

Overview of the Stats

Speed: Increases your top speed and how fast you are

Intelligence: Increases speed of your healing, and any other action that is not related to repair.

Repair Capability: Increases your repair speed, and many other repair-related topics (being quiet while repairing, less amount of work, etc)

Stamina: How long you can run for and reduces your action speed, such as healing.

Stealth: Reduces the amount of noise you make and less "evil" is generated when Micheal discovers/stalks you.

(25 points distributed across instead of 20)

Generic male babysitter build:

Speed: 6

Intelligence: 3

Repair Capability: 3

Stamina: 7

Stealth: 6

Generic female babysitter build:

Speed: 4

Intelligence: 7

Repair Capability: 6

Stamina: 4

Stealth: 4

Maybe Michael players could earn extra style points for the way he "artistically" arranges the dead bodies around Haddonfield? (Like the Judith Myers bedroom display with tombstone, or setting up bodies to pop out of closets and scare other players?) 

5 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

To kill Michael,you have to find six (or seven bullets) in order to kill him and it has to be by Dr.Loomis only.

Then there can be an open grave near Micheal's limp corpse, then Dr. Loomis and Laurie Strode can push him in and bury him while he's stunned. If they don't and he's in the grave, he rises up and it's ruined. bleh

Just now, Pazuzu said:

Maybe Michael players could earn extra style points for the way he "artistically" arranges the dead bodies around Haddonfield? (Like the Judith Myers bedroom display with tombstone, or setting up bodies to pop out of closets and scare other players?) 

Exactly! Maybe scaring a babysitter into a trap that he has planned for them?

• Like 1

Overlook on Micheal and his abilities:

Micheal has 5 powers: Stalk, Attack, Teleport, Conversion, Frenzy

Stalk:  Micheal stalks his victim and increases his speed every time he stalks someone. To stalk his victim, simply look at the counselor and the camera will lock onto them.

Attack: When this power is activated, Micheal can stab at the babysitters, which will cause them to get damaged, instead of going down a health state like in DBD.

Teleport:  Similar to Morph, M. can teleport to various locations which will have a cooldown of 20 seconds, different variations for each Micheal.

Conversion: Similar to Shift, M. can quickly move location to location, closing the gap between his victim and himself.

Frenzy: Exactly like Rage, except when this is activated, it can be turned off, like in the Beta. This has a cooldown of 30 seconds, depending on your Micheal.

I made some Laurie Strode recolors in Study Hall today. I thought that since this game has recolors, it might be cool to see what Laurie could look like with different outfit colors. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yoshman2523 said:

9793E8CD-E091-4389-B3EB-EE4E804E819D.jpeg.0f2f2d81fd76e8ddd84ee50567973cff.jpeg

66258BE2-8BFB-47EE-967A-C084023C6BBC.jpeg.ba20017b9abe25c08c754efe4d8f7e88.jpeg

C19093F4-20EE-460D-88AA-53495BB5A351.jpeg.0f6da744dae193d033285a9804e94718.jpeg

I made some Laurie Strode recolors in Study Hall today. I thought that since this game has recolors, it might be cool to see what Laurie could look like with different outfit colors. 

Aww, that's adorable. Surely, if they had to make a Halloween game, they really need to consider this as Laurie's outfit selection/coloring. But it looks great, as I can't do this at all lol

Just now, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Aww, that's adorable. Surely, if they had to make a Halloween game, they really need to consider this as Laurie's outfit selection/coloring. But it looks great, as I can't do this at all lol

Maybe they can add Laurie's appearance from Halloween 2, Halloween:H20, Halloween :Resurrection .

1 minute ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

I traced an old picture of her from twitter of something like that. Then, I edited the individual colors. I might do Annie or other characters from the film later to see how they might change!!

1 minute ago, The Gloved One said:

Maybe they can add Laurie's appearance from Halloween 2, Halloween:H20, Halloween :Resurrection .

Yeah, that would actually add some type of "change"; F13 doesn't really have that ._.

1 minute ago, Yoshman2523 said:

I traced an old picture of her from twitter of something like that. Then, I edited the individual colors. I might do Annie or other characters from the film later to see how they might change!!

It's cute tho lol

• Thanks 1

Nice ideas everyone. Grip strength, stun resistance, hit points, defense and destruction could be used on Michael as well. Destruction and weapon strength would be fused together. I would also like to see proper VR support for this game. That would make it absolutely the scariest game ever. If they can¬īt get Michael actors for motion capture for some reason, they can use this Machine Learning algorithm to capture motion from video, example: https://getrad.co/ and¬† https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTisU4dibSc Imagine if this was used to capture Nick Castles iconic walking from the film. Survivor players should be locked in 1st person view only. Michael players can choose between that and 3rd person view. Weapon swapping should be implemented. Choosing heavier weapons such as scythe or metalrod increases destruction and defense but decreases stealth. This would give Michael players some customization options.

Can we get an option other than "Same" and "Similar" concept? 

My thought for a Halloween game (and even for an F13 game mode) would be to assign random everyday (calm) tasks for characters to complete.

If you're allowed to complete them, you survive.

If you're attacked, you have 2 or 3 options for surviving/escaping.

If you're the killer, you're tasked with locating each of these characters, laying in wait/hiding and ambushing them using stealth.

This seems rather unlike F13 to me, but it's my vote.

I would want it to be an open world game where you play as Michael Myers and explore Haddonfield. It could have two big maps, one which is Haddonfield and one which is Smith's Grove. 

Playable Michaels:

Classic- Michael from H1, comes with the ability to switch back and forth between the regular mask with clean coveralls and the mask from H2 with blood tears and bullet holes on the coveralls. 

Cursed- Michael From Halloween 6.

Zombified- Michael from Rob Zombie's Halloween 1, comes with three skins, one which is Michael wearing the clean mask from the beginning of the movie and from promo art, the second is Michael wearing the regular mask, and the 3rd is Michael with the additional coat on + chunk of mask missing 

Weapons:

Kitchen Knife- One of two weapons for Classic and Zombified

Scalpel- One of two weapons for Classic

Fire Axe- Second weapon for Zombified 

Machete- Comes equipped with "Cursed" Michael

Game Modes:

Story Mode-

Free Roam-

Quick Play (same as Friday the 13th)

Quick Play features:

Create-A-Character

Clothing Customization + Perks

Hero/Call In Characters:

Sheriff Brackett

Dr. Loomis 

Laurie Strode

Tommy Doyle  (as see in Halloween 6)

Movie Characters as "Counselors" (idk what to call them):

Jamie Lloyd (as seen in Halloween 6)

Annie (as seen in o.g Halloween)

Linda (as seen in o.g Halloween)

DLC:

Tina from H5 as playable character 

Michael Myers from H5 with scythe as weapon 

Additional skins for Rob Zombie michael: "Escape" skin (what he has on when he kills Joe Grizzly), "Rogue" skin (Michael with a long beard, no mask, and his hood up), and an "Aftermath" skin, which is Michael as he appears in the dream sequence of RZH2 with blood stains and a head wound

Soundtrack:

Halloween Theme by John Carpenter

Halloween Theme by Tyler Bates 

Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult 

Laurie's Theme by John Carpenter 

Chase Theme by John Carpenter 

Mr. Sandman by The Chordettes 

16 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I would want it to be an open world game where you play as Michael Myers and explore Haddonfield. It could have two big maps, one which is Haddonfield and one which is Smith's Grove. 

Playable Michaels:

Classic- Michael from H1, comes with the ability to switch back and forth between the regular mask with clean coveralls and the mask from H2 with blood tears and bullet holes on the coveralls. 

Cursed- Michael From Halloween 6.

Zombified- Michael from Rob Zombie's Halloween 1, comes with three skins, one which is Michael wearing the clean mask from the beginning of the movie and from promo art, the second is Michael wearing the regular mask, and the 3rd is Michael with the additional coat on + chunk of mask missing 

Weapons:

Kitchen Knife- One of two weapons for Classic and Zombified

Scalpel- One of two weapons for Classic

Fire Axe- Second weapon for Zombified 

Machete- Comes equipped with "Cursed" Michael

Game Modes:

Story Mode-

Free Roam-

Quick Play (same as Friday the 13th)

Quick Play features:

Create-A-Character

Clothing Customization + Perks

Hero/Call In Characters:

Sheriff Brackett

Dr. Loomis 

Laurie Strode

Tommy Doyle  (as see in Halloween 6)

Movie Characters as "Counselors" (idk what to call them):

Jamie Lloyd (as seen in Halloween 6)

Annie (as seen in o.g Halloween)

Linda (as seen in o.g Halloween)

DLC:

Tina from H5 as playable character 

Michael Myers from H5 with scythe as weapon 

Additional skins for Rob Zombie michael: "Escape" skin (what he has on when he kills Joe Grizzly), "Rogue" skin (Michael with a long beard, no mask, and his hood up), and an "Aftermath" skin, which is Michael as he appears in the dream sequence of RZH2 with blood stains and a head wound

Soundtrack:

Halloween Theme by John Carpenter

Halloween Theme by Tyler Bates 

Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult 

Laurie's Theme by John Carpenter 

Chase Theme by John Carpenter 

Mr. Sandman by The Chordettes 

I love this but I would want Laurie to be one of the main survivors to play as.

• Like 1