Jump to content

Part 8 Characters And DLC  

50 members have voted

  1. 1. Which counselors would you like to see from my list implemented into the game?

    • Tamara Mason [Sophia Price]
    • Eva Watanabe [Sabrina Lee]
    • Wayne Webber [George Dyer]
    • Sean Robertson [Kevin Fowler]
  2. 2. Would You Like A Manhattan Disco Party Clothing DLC?



Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Qcici said:

Long hair in video games is possible, but it's a challenge. Did you know that in the Incredibles, they took 2 years just to work on Violet's hair because it was long?

unknown.png

The person who worked on Rapunzul's hair made her hair have proper physics and did it in a much shorter timespan. I personally wouldn't want Eva to have hair that goes above her shoulders, but atleast have part of it go past of shoulders. Gun Media needs to hire someone who specializes in hair for video games or movies, it wouldn't just make Eva more accurate, but it would also make Gun Media think about giving our counselors even longer hairstyles. 

Yeah I agree that if they're going to add her she should have long hair. If they can't do that then they should at least give her a long ponytail as an alternative. But if Eva and Tamara are added it probably won't be until they add Lazarus/Manhattan sooooooo since they still haven't added Grendel yet that gives them probably at least a year or longer to work with. They definitely could learn how to improve and make longer hair in that time. Most of the counselors need some hair improvements imo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Espy said:

Yeah I agree that if they're going to add her she should have long hair. If they can't do that then they should at least give her a long ponytail as an alternative.

Personally I wouldn't like her having a long ponytail, but I'd rather just have her hair go at least A LITTLE BIT past her shoulders. I think that adding just a little bit of length past the shoulders shouldn't hurt at all, and would be easier to implement rather than Eva's hair that goes to the back of her waistline. If they could practice with really long hair, that would be AWESOME! But I think for starters, they should at least have it go an inch past the shoulders. Shouldn't be too hard at all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, the poll is now in this thread. This is so that more people can better see the poll (not everyone scrolls to the bottom) and allows more people who view this thread to vote!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Oh shirt, I voted no by mistake. Count one 'no' less and add it to yes in your minds, lol. 

No problemo!

 

@daveliam Why'd you vote no?? :((((

 

@MidnightCallerXx Ikr! Eva is my favorite character in Part 8 along with Tamara. She was so pretty in the movie, the devs have to add her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was re-watching part 8 and it still confuses me that they decided to kill of Eva and Tamara even before they arrive at Vancouv- er, New York. All of the interesting characters were killed off on the ship! Eva really should've been the final girl because Rennie is just...no. Just no.

Anyway two things I noticed are 1. Both Eva and Tamara were flats, so they wouldn't have to worry about making heels I guess, and 2. Both of them have long hair, Tamara's actually goes half-way down her back and Eva's is all the way to her waist. So yeah, they'd need to learn how to make longer hair. It's definitely not impossible and would greatly benefit current counselors like Jenny, Adam, Tiffany etc. as well. For alternate outfits, a good Halloween possibility for Eva could be a reference to Kelly Hu's role in The Scorpion King:

kelly+hu02.jpeg

 

It's a cool outfit and a nice reference to her other work. An alternate for Tamara comes from another movie I watched recently, I Know What You Did Last Summer. Helen (aka Buffy) in that is crowned in a pageant and this type of outfit could work with 'The Prom Queen' trope:

I-Know-What-You-Did-Last-Summer-Croaker-

She also wears the crown alongside a swimsuit at the beginning of the movie, which maybe could work for the swimwear dlc?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Qcici said:

No problemo!

 

@daveliam Why'd you vote no?? :((((

 

@MidnightCallerXx Ikr! Eva is my favorite character in Part 8 along with Tamara. She was so pretty in the movie, the devs have to add her!

Tamara is too similar to Melissa.  Eva is too similar to Deb.  I just don't see the need for these two to get added in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I do agree that Tamara and Melissa are similar, to me Deb is an asian Maddie. She looks almost exactly like her. Outside of being Asian and smart, I don't see the similarities. When I first started playing I didn't even realise she was supposed to be Asian and it wasn't until I saw the surname that I noticed. The whole 'each character represents a new trope' thing I'm not fond of because not only does that mean we won't get any final girls, who are all super popular, it also means we are limited to tropes which aren't popular at all, and therefore the characters probably won't get played as much. I mean I'd love to see Dr. Crews or Tina's mom etc. but will they be regularly played? Probably not. Personally I'd do away with each new character representing a new trope because we've all but ran out of tropes and the ones left aren't that popular at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daveliam said:

Tamara is too similar to Melissa.  Eva is too similar to Deb.  I just don't see the need for these two to get added in. 

I can agree on that, but statistic-wise, they're very different (this is according to the stats I provided for them lol) Eva is my #1 most requested because we need a Fixer who is sneaky and has average running capabilities, rather than terrible stamina. Reason is because the game's lobbies are filled with non-fixer character mains, and implementing Eva would shift people's playstyles. More people are opting to kill Jason rather than actually repair objectives most of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Espy said:

I was re-watching part 8 and it still confuses me that they decided to kill of Eva and Tamara even before they arrive at Vancouv- er, New York. All of the interesting characters were killed off on the ship! Eva really should've been the final girl because Rennie is just...no. Just no.

Anyway two things I noticed are 1. Both Eva and Tamara were flats, so they wouldn't have to worry about making heels I guess, and 2. Both of them have long hair, Tamara's actually goes half-way down her back and Eva's is all the way to her waist. So yeah, they'd need to learn how to make longer hair. It's definitely not impossible and would greatly benefit current counselors like Jenny, Adam, Tiffany etc. as well. For alternate outfits, a good Halloween possibility for Eva could be a reference to Kelly Hu's role in The Scorpion King:

 

 

It's a cool outfit and a nice reference to her other work. An alternate for Tamara comes from another movie I watched recently, I Know What You Did Last Summer. Helen (aka Buffy) in that is crowned in a pageant and this type of outfit could work with 'The Prom Queen' trope:

I-Know-What-You-Did-Last-Summer-Croaker-

She also wears the crown alongside a swimsuit at the beginning of the movie, which maybe could work for the swimwear dlc?

Omg this is making me so happy! Yes! I love these outfit ideas for Eva and Tamara! I'm getting so much nostalgia from the Mean Girl thread! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Added new emote, "The Gorgeous Guy"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2018 at 4:05 PM, Qcici said:

Update: Added new emote, "The Gorgeous Guy"

Ooooooh I like. I'm one of the few people who actually enjoy using emotes lol

Also do you think they'd release two counselors at once? I'd like to see them do it because they could add a lot more counselors that way but with the lawsuit and everything they might stop. Adding Ginny and Winston from part 2 could be cool too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jemez said:

Ooooooh I like. I'm one of the few people who actually enjoy using emotes lol

Also do you think they'd release two counselors at once? I'd like to see them do it because they could add a lot more counselors that way but with the lawsuit and everything they might stop. Adding Ginny and Winston from part 2 could be cool too.

Honestly I'd doubt they release two counselors at once, but it would be pretty cool if they could manage to pull it off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Qcici said:

Honestly I'd doubt they release two counselors at once, but it would be pretty cool if they could manage to pull it off. 

Yeah and they don't have any counselor from part 8 in game yet right? They have 3-4 from part 3 so who knows. I'd like to see J.J. too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jemez said:

Yeah and they don't have any counselor from part 8 in game yet right? They have 3-4 from part 3 so who knows. I'd like to see J.J. too.

:wub: JJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, F134Ever86 said:

:wub: JJ

I love her! Her hair gives me life. I'd like to see her guitar too and have it as a kill maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jemez said:

I love her! Her hair gives me life. I'd like to see her guitar too and have it as a kill maybe.

Definitley not maybe. Throw in Wayne too. make it a part 8 pack

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Definitley not maybe. Throw in Wayne too. make it a part 8 pack

Yes! Part 8 had a lot of cool characters. I'd suggest Julius as well but Vanessa's stole his tracksuit lol

On the topic of kills Rennie's uncles death from that movie with the toxic waste barrel would be nice too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jemez said:

Yes! Part 8 had a lot of cool characters. I'd suggest Julius as well but Vanessa's stole his tracksuit lol

On the topic of kills Rennie's uncles death from that movie with the toxic waste barrel would be nice too.

I concur 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tried contacting the actresses? I know people have for J.J.'s, Alice's, Pam's etc. but I wander what these two would say? Kelly Hu does voice work so I'm sure she'd be happy to return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Espy said:

Has anyone tried contacting the actresses? I know people have for J.J.'s, Alice's, Pam's etc. but I wander what these two would say? Kelly Hu does voice work so I'm sure she'd be happy to return.

Kelly Hu has a facebook page, but I'm not sure if I can contact her there.


 

Kelly Hu is a REALLY busy woman I believe, I'm not sure if she can voice Eva in the game. I think personally contacting her would be a breach of privacy kinda, we can only ask that Gun Media and Illfonic contact her about implementing her into the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Qcici said:

Kelly Hu has a facebook page, but I'm not sure if I can contact her there.


 

Kelly Hu is a REALLY busy woman I believe, I'm not sure if she can voice Eva in the game. I think personally contacting her would be a breach of privacy kinda, we can only ask that Gun Media and Illfonic contact her about implementing her into the game. 

Yeah you're right best leaving it to Gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...