bewareofbears

Alice Hardy: Bring the Original “Final Girl” to the Game

@Alien_Number_Six suggested we have a thread dedicated to bringing Alice Hardy (Adrienne King) to Friday the 13th: The Game.

03735_C3_E_5_BAF_46_C8_975_B_8_DAB9400_A

• Alice is the original final girl in the Friday the 13th films.
  • She’s the only final girl to appear in two films
  • She killed Pamela Voorhees

The ‘Girl Next Door’ trope is already filled by Jenny but I can’t think of any reason not to bring Alice (and Ginny) into the game. LaChappa and Shelly share the same “trope”.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

LaChappa is the nerdy guy and Shelly is the prankster. They actually don't have much in similarities, aside from stats from what we've seen in trailers LaChappa is kind of shy and introverted while Shelly is the opposite. Another problem with adding Alice aside from sharing the same horror movie archetype as Jenny is that she would have the exact same stats, if not similar. I still stan with adding original characters over movie characters but devs should give Jenny Alices clothing maybe in a Clothing pack.

43 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Alien_Number_Six suggested we have a thread dedicated to bringing Alice Hardy (Adrienne King) to Friday the 13th: The Game.

The ‘Girl Next Door’ trope is already filled by Jenny but I can’t think of any reason not to bring Alice (and Ginny) into the game. LaChappa and Shelly share the same “trope”.

This needs to happen!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Well Adrienne would definitely be willing and if they're going to add any final girls she should definitely be the top of the list. 

I'm all in for clothing packs with the clothes of movie characters. But you all know already how I feel about movie characters. 

Still, I'm interested to hear what stats would you suggest for her. I think the Final Girls should have higher stats than average, most of them were just as heroic as Tommy and then some more. 

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Only if Pamela is brought in! I do want Alice added so she can kill part 2 Jason.

Also reposting this for those who have not seen this:  http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13126-game-mode-pamela-voorhees-4-vs-1/

7 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

The Girl Next Door trope was actually stolen from Tina, Alice should actually have The Final Girl trope w/ stats great for a sweater girl and doing damage on the killer.

Like @IcrazyKid855 said,

"Don't fuck with the original!"

- Scream IV

7 minutes ago, Qcici said:

The Girl Next Door trope was actually stolen from Tina, Alice should actually have The Final Girl trope w/ stats great for a sweater girl and doing damage on the killer.

Like @IcrazyKid855 said,

"Don't fuck with the original!"

- Scream IV

Sidney’s quote is one of my most favourite quotes in horror history

43 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

I'm all in for clothing packs with the clothes of movie characters. But you all know already how I feel about movie characters. 

Still, I'm interested to hear what stats would you suggest for her. I think the Final Girls should have higher stats than average, most of them were just as heroic as Tommy and then some more. 

Yeah I agree, we need a heroic female

7 hours ago, Culp said:

Well Adrienne would definitely be willing and if they're going to add any final girls she should definitely be the top of the list. 

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

I haven’t put too much thought into stats. It’s difficult to come up with anything meaningful considering the current stat system.

2 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Only if Pamela is brought in! I do want Alice added so she can kill part 2 Jason.

Also reposting this for those who have not seen this:  http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13126-game-mode-pamela-voorhees-4-vs-1/

Alice, as part of a Pamela mode, would be ideal.

2 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

Yeah I agree, we need a heroic female

For a franchise built around heroic female characters, it’s a shame there isn’t one in the game as an alternative for Tommy.

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

For a franchise built around heroic female characters, it’s a shame there isn’t one in the game as an alternative for Tommy.

Ikr! I know most people don’t want more final girls since we have Jenny but too be honest I’m not bothered about tropes, I would love to see more than one movie final girl eventually in the game.

1 minute ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

Ikr! I know most people don’t want more final girls since we have Jenny but too be honest I’m not bothered about tropes, I would love to see more than one movie final girl eventually in the game.

Ditto.

10 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I’d be happy if they started adding film characters as skins for existing counselors. There’s only so many stat variations.

: )

Adrienne King is aware of the game; she said in an interview (don't have the source, this was over a year ago) that she would gladly reprise her role as Alice if they asked her to.

3 hours ago, Qcici said:

I don't think they can use "The Final Girl" as a character trope since figuratively any character can be a final girl. If you just assign the trope to one character, you're pretty much setting them up for failure. I think it would work best to make Alice into a hero character like Tommy Jarvis; just make her an alt. spawn when you call for help on the CB radio.

Possible stats

Composure: 5

Luck: 6

Repair: 4

Speed: 3

Stamina: 8

Stealth: 3

Strength: 6

She’d be kind of a wild-card...she freaked out toward the end of the movie so she’d have average composure. She killed Pamela but got killed by Jason so above average luck I’d say. She was kind of slow in the movie but ran for a long time so she’d be slow like Jenny but have a lot of stamina. She did cut off Pamela’s head so she’d have a bit of strength on her. I like Alice but I still feel like Trish Jarvis is THE final girl to add in the game.

7 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

I agree about the stats but that would also support my idea that no one can be the same counselor. No duplicates!

2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Possible stats

Composure: 5

Luck: 6

Repair: 4

Speed: 3

Stamina: 8

Stealth: 3

Strength: 6

She’d be kind of a wild-card...she freaked out toward the end of the movie so she’d have average composure. She killed Pamela but got killed by Jason so above average luck I’d say. She was kind of slow in the movie but ran for a long time so she’d be slow like Jenny but have a lot of stamina. She did cut off Pamela’s head so she’d have a bit of strength on her. I like Alice but I still feel like Trish Jarvis is THE final girl to add in the game.

I love Trish. She was a fighter. But the film kind of cancelled that out in the last minute when she was a damsel in distress saved by her 12 year old brother. I don’t agree she’s the ultimate final girl since she’s the only final girl to not defeat the killer. 

I've thought about this before, Alice was the very first final girl, the original, and needs to be recognized somehow. Placing her in the game would be great, she would finally be able to take her revenge on Jason! :D

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

I love Trish. She was a fighter. But the film kind of cancelled that out in the last minute when she was a damsel in distress saved by her 12 year old brother. I don’t agree she’s the ultimate final girl since she’s the only final girl to not defeat the killer. 

If it wasn’t for Trish and Tommy being a dynamic duo they would’ve both died. Same with Ginny and Paul, Ginny delivered the final blow and did most of the work but Paul came in last second and saved Ginny. Chris had help from Ali or else she would’ve died. And the final girl in Part 5 (forgot her name) had help as well with Reggie and Tommy. My memory is foggy from Part 8 but I’m pretty sure whoever the final girl was had a running buddy with her. Part 10 didn’t really have a definite final girl I don’t think. Off topic but what about Laurie Strode? She pretty much was THE final girl in any horror movie and she had help from Dr. Loomis in the first two movies. The point is that just because Trish didn’t deliver the final blow doesn’t mean she is any less of a “final girl” because a lot of the final girls had help from somebody in some shape or form and not just in the F13 series.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

If it wasn’t for Trish and Tommy being a dynamic duo they would’ve both died. Same with Ginny and Paul, Ginny delivered the final blow and did most of the work but Paul came in last second and saved Ginny. Chris had help from Ali or else she would’ve died. And the final girl in Part 5 (forgot her name) had help as well with Reggie and Tommy. My memory is foggy from Part 8 but I’m pretty sure whoever the final girl was had a running buddy with her. Part 10 didn’t really have a definite final girl I don’t think. Off topic but what about Laurie Strode? She pretty much was THE final girl in any horror movie and she had help from Dr. Loomis in the first two movies. The point is that just because Trish didn’t deliver the final blow doesn’t mean she is any less of a “final girl” because a lot of the final girls had help from somebody in some shape or form and not just in the F13 series.

I agreed she’s a great final girl. And agree she is worthy for the game. In fact m, I think it would be cool to have Trish and Tommy in the game together. They could be a dynamic duo again! I’m just saying I think we had more resourceful final girls and kicked more ass. Alice is a good example and Ginny is the ultimate example. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

I agreed she’s a great final girl. And agree she is worthy for the game. In fact m, I think it would be cool to have Trish and Tommy in the game together. They could be a dynamic duo again! I’m just saying I think we had more resourceful final girls and kicked more ass. Alice is a good example and Ginny is the ultimate example. 

I said this earlier, but I really wouldn’t mind having more than one final girl from the movies. I don’t see any problem with it, the only thing is that there would be a lot of counselors to flick through so their could be a button for counselors and another called dlc counselors.