HTMLRulezdOOd1

Not attempting objectives more toxic?

I always hit the objectives. No risk no reward. I am smart the way I go about it mind you, but the only time you will find me hiding out under a bed for a long period time is if I had to run and take a shit. When nature calls, she does not dial the wrong number... :o

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

I've came from a fighting game background, I don't really play any other games beside this one.  This game has a competitive aspect to the game, even if its a asymmetrical one.  Just like in a fighting game, the loser may not have fun.  If the player want to change that, work is involved.  You may not care about perspective, but everyone has their own, they are different than your, and you have to live with it whether it upset you or not.  I guess you can try to tell me how to play, and I guess I can just ignore it ;).

This has nothing to do with challenge or competition.    This game isn't even really competitive.  

I mean, of course I care about perspective.   I just don't see how being annoying  'Just because you can" for no reason.. Is a perspective that i need to respect.  

And when less and less players play this game because of that kind of in game actions..  You can stand up and take a bow.  

I haven't even encountered trolling players lately.  It's literally players that don't ever attempt to go for objectives (they're usually bugsy or vanessa).  I can't spectate because I'm usually the last person left, so I don't know what they're doing the whole time.  Can't count how many times I've yelled into my mic, "anyone have keys?  We just need the keys!  I found the phone box, who has the fuse?" To have no one respond , then I get killed and spectate players get killed then drop the fuse/keys. 

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

This has nothing to do with challenge or competition.    This game isn't even really competitive. 

Its not competitive in the e-sport sense (F13 tournament :lol:) but anytime you pit two or more player with opposing goals, likely someone wants to come out on top.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

I mean, of course I care about perspective.   I just don't see how being annoying  'Just because you can" for no reason.. Is a perspective that i need to respect. 

A sign of a good Jason is one that makes good decision and priorities.  If I can annoy or frustrate him into a poorer performance, I would call that a tactic and not "for no reason".

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

And when less and less players play this game because of that kind of in game actions..  You can stand up and take a bow.  

I highly doubt players like me would be the reason this game is dwindling.  I'd say its all the bugs, lack of polish, and just a game that has been out for awhile now is the bigger reason.  All games will come to a end anyhow.  Good times will be had now, but we'll all have to move on to other things.

20 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

A sign of a good Jason is one that makes good decision and priorities.  If I can annoy or frustrate him into a poorer performance, I would call that a tactic and not "for no reason".

I highly doubt players like me would be the reason this game is dwindling.  I'd say its all the bugs, lack of polish, and just a game that has been out for awhile now is the bigger reason.  All games will come to a end anyhow.  Good times will be had now, but we'll all have to move on to other things.

Look man.. Im not going to debate this,

A game filled with players that dance/T Bag Jason till they die is not helping anything.   I don't care if you frustrate players, its looks retarded and we all know this.

Again, this trolling shit only really works on newbie Jasons.  So who you trying to fool?

You might get your rocks off annoying newbie Jasons by acting like a dip shit. But, I don't...   And if you think that doesn't lead to new players not wanting to play the game anymore you're outta your mind.

So ya.. enjoy frustrating newbie Jason.   

I mean, i sometimes love stealing candies from a baby.  And after i steal that candy i make sure to rub it in their stupid baby faces.  Teach em a lesson :D

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Look man.. Im not going to debate this,

A game filled with players that dance/T Bag Jason till they die is not helping anything.   I don't care if you frustrate players, its looks retarded and we all know this.

Again, this trolling shit only really works on newbie Jasons.  So who you trying to fool?

You might get your rocks off annoying newbie Jasons by acting like a dip shit. But, I don't...   And if you think that doesn't lead to new players not wanting to play the game anymore you're outta your mind.

So ya.. enjoy frustrating newbie Jason.   

I mean, i sometimes love stealing candies from a baby.  And after i steal that candy i make sure to rub it in their stupid baby faces.  Teach em a lesson :D

Don't get me wrong man, nothing excites me more than playing a good Jason.  The thing is bad or unknowledgeable Jasons can't do much about me anymore.  I just the play the to my best ablities.  If a Jason can't stop me from doing what I want, its on him/her.

Eh, if a group of people get together, chain stun Jason and then teabag him and have this go on for 5 minutes to a newbie who's just sitting there getting more and more pissed off at the game and to be honest the players doing it...the likelihood of him wanting to play this game again are slim to none, not too mention he's just gonna rage quit the match.  Maybe he does stick around after such a thing, but I can guarantee that once he or she figures out how to change preference to counselor, they'll never play as Jason again.

I don't see how someone cannot envision this scenario. 

On topic with the thread, but also directed to @HuDawg and @GeneiJin...  This game may not be geared towards a competitive "e-sport", but it certainly can be set up to be.  That tournament I took part in was made up by another player/horror fan and had the right idea in how to handle it with a pretty well thought out scorecard.  Since it was focused purely on counselor play (Jason just did his thing and killed everyone), each major milestone (and some minor) had a certain score set, such as completing all repairs on a vehicle (complete, not each individual part) was given a score, or simply calling Tommy got a small score as well.

When I played for my team as Jason against the others, 3 out of the 4 teams mostly tried to ONLY go for a Jason kill (which gave a big one time score, yet neglecting everything else that adds up to more points overall) and left everything else alone.  By doing so, they only hurt their own teams, which lead to us essentially steamrolling everyone (in line with the thread topic... mostly.).  Now, I'm not trying to promote this game to become something it isn't (which is why I think @Maddogg_8121 deleted me), but it certainly CAN be played that way and still be fun if it is set up properly.  If the damn forum wouldn't restrict image sizes so small, I'd post an image of the Part IV Jason mask I won as a prize (signed by Ted White).  

• Like 1

I rarely play QP due to having a lot of in-game friends. I logged on the other day though and most of my friends were already in a party so I decided to just do a QP. I recognized a name or two in the QP and there was a guy talking about how he just installed the game a few days ago. I check..sure enough he is level 7. Then I looked at everyone else--- level 40 through 150. So we all agreed that if he was selected we would help him - not by telling him where people were etc but by telling him what he should do next or how to use his powers etc. I actually walked around with him for a good 5-6 minutes of the match telling him where to trap, explaining why he should trap things and which doors/windows he needed to focus on. He legitimately killed one person while I went off to help with repairs. Down to the last few minutes... just me in the lobby alive still. I fought him a lil..let him chase me some... and then let him capture and kill me... because it is just a game. He friended me and we have played a few games together... he no longer needs counselors to tell him what to do when he is Jason hehehe and if he wants to kill me - he has to work for it just like every other Jason out there :)

It is a mixed bag in QP - Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised because it seems all the objectives are either done or people are working on them. The only real difference in QP from private parties is that parties have more communication. Although this could also be because while waiting in the lobby if people are being stupid/bigoted I mute them. 

Over the last couple of weeks on PS4 I've noticed an influx of new players. A lot of them either don't know what the objectives are or how to go about completing them. They also don't seem to know what counselor's responsibilities are. It'd help if there was a proper tutorial for counselors and Jason to better explain the mechanics of the game.

• Like 1

I like theese people in-game , they keep Jason busy, So I can complete Gather Stuff and complete Thangs....

39 minutes ago, Erik13E said:

I like theese people in-game , they keep Jason busy, So I can complete Gather Stuff and complete Thangs....

Most of the time though, they're holding key elements like the keys or fuse, yet they just run around and don't complete them or drop them. 

4 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

Most of the time though, they're holding key elements like the keys or fuse, yet they just run around and don't complete them or drop them. 

just wait for them to die, my friend. No use in trying to help people when don't want to complete anything. or be helpful. Be one with nature!

1 hour ago, AdmiralJT said:

Over the last couple of weeks on PS4 I've noticed an influx of new players. A lot of them either don't know what the objectives are or how to go about completing them. They also don't seem to know what counselor's responsibilities are. It'd help if there was a proper tutorial for counselors and Jason to better explain the mechanics of the game.

Counselor Mode tutorial edition, I like it. Doesn't need a full Jason A.I.

Just some challenges that demonstrate how his powers work, how to use the mini games, and a find this item-do this task mini race, if time runs out you get Shift grabbed and executed.

It frustrated me at first but now I don't really mind. I have gotten pretty good at QT so I put the parts in as Tiffany while the Buggzy, Chads and Vanessa's act as sacrifices to Jason. He is too busy with them to notice me leaving which is fine by me!

What still does annoy me though is how people still do not at least pick up parts so they show up on the map. Even if you want to kill Jason, or survive the night others may not so just pick up anything you see so other players who wish to escape or earn XP can play their way too. It takes seconds to do.

Just leave the Vanessa's/Bugzy's of the world for the end since their repair sucks.  Kill off the slower repair counselors first and you're set 

On 4/25/2018 at 1:54 AM, GeneiJin said:

Jason's objective is in complete conflict with the counselor's, so yes, I'd say is IS THE ENEMY when I'm a Counselor.  If players are getting killed quickly because of reckless play, I don't see how that is a problem for Jason, and even without Dancing or Tea Baggings, hitting a bad Jason around like a pinata is going to look silly.   If a player wants to Teabag and Dance the whole game, if the Jason player can't do anything to stop him, why should he stop.   Bad Jasons shouldn't be given any privileges over a vastly better player just because he is the Killer.  The better player has a better understanding of the Killer's strengths and weakness and if the weaker player can't do anything about it, then it's up to that losing player to step-up his/her game.  I don't give a damn about the egos of "special snowflakes", people just need to grow thicker skin. 

The way I see it is...what would you do in real life if there is a killer chasing you? You would stick in a group and fix things to get out of the camp or kill whoever is inflicting harm on you. Jason is the enemy when you are the counselor and just like Jason SOLE goal is to kill, the counselors SOLE goal is to survive and help others survive. Whether that is by trying to make Jason chase you while the other smarter counselor get the objectives fixed or defending yourself. Sure it is frustrating for a new Jason player but they get no special privileges just because they are new, they have to get better just like everybody else; they won’t get any better if everybody in the lobby is babying the new Jason player and LETTING him kill them. When the new Jason player gets into a lobby full of Level 150’s then he’ll get a rude awakening. I’m not going to just let the killer kill me whether he is Level 1, 36, 89, or 150...they’re gonna have to legit catch me and earn the kill. I’m going to try to survive one way or another and whatever way I choose to survive is my choice, I’m not in the match to please the damn killer. “But bullying Jason is so wrong and mean.” Yet he is chasing after me with a machete trying to kill me yet I’M the bully? Get out of here. I don’t troll but I survive one way or another and it’s that simple.

On 4/25/2018 at 12:53 PM, RustInPeace said:

On topic with the thread, but also directed to @HuDawg and @GeneiJin...  This game may not be geared towards a competitive "e-sport", but it certainly can be set up to be.  That tournament I took part in was made up by another player/horror fan and had the right idea in how to handle it with a pretty well thought out scorecard.  Since it was focused purely on counselor play (Jason just did his thing and killed everyone), each major milestone (and some minor) had a certain score set, such as completing all repairs on a vehicle (complete, not each individual part) was given a score, or simply calling Tommy got a small score as well.

When I played for my team as Jason against the others, 3 out of the 4 teams mostly tried to ONLY go for a Jason kill (which gave a big one time score, yet neglecting everything else that adds up to more points overall) and left everything else alone.  By doing so, they only hurt their own teams, which lead to us essentially steamrolling everyone (in line with the thread topic... mostly.).  Now, I'm not trying to promote this game to become something it isn't (which is why I think @Maddogg_8121 deleted me), but it certainly CAN be played that way and still be fun if it is set up properly.  If the damn forum wouldn't restrict image sizes so small, I'd post an image of the Part IV Jason mask I won as a prize (signed by Ted White).  

Don't take it personally.  I just really don't enjoy playing with people who play competitively.  My time is limited and I want to have fun.  I want people who I play with to have fun.  I deleted over 200 people and have pretty much shut down the forum for myself.  This is the first time I've logged in to the forum in quite some time. Everyone I deleted was done so for the following reasons: 

1) competitive play.  Can't stand it, don't want to be a part of it. 

2) have not played with in quite some time.  Not gonna clutter my list with people who don't play anymore. 

3) people who no longer invite me.  I can take a hint.  Nuff said.

4) friends of friends.  People I've played with once but never heard from again.  

5) people who take it too seriously and have to be the best of the best never trying new things.  Basically, if you play very vanilla or ask me to play very vanilla I don't wanna join.  I like trying new things.  This worked.  That didn't.  Game evolution.  

What it boils down to for me is I enjoy partying up with two or three others now and playing QP.  I have fun with it.  There is no stress for me now.  I play with couple of players I absolutely adore and make it to where I have a ton of fun playing this game even with all the issues.  No one feels they HAVE to go 8/8 and we try new things.  No score system, no stress, just lots of laughs. I'm down to under 100 people on my list with more cuts to go.  I was at well over 300.  Nothing personal, I just like to play how I like to play.  As soon as I saw the post to make your guy's group a tournament style play I was out.  Not my thing.  

So, basically, I was right?  Well, that's on you for making the wrong assumption.  I play to kill everyone, seeing as how it's the only goal Jason has.  I don't see how aiming for that is "competitive" in the way you are thinking about it, nor do I see how playing ONE fan-made tournament for a few $20 giftcards justifies a stamp on my head that says DELETE.  Never said I wanted to play competitively, but I was asked to join, since the group WE ALL played with thought I was a decent candidate, so I accepted.  Guess I'm an asshole for accepting.

Honestly when it comes to the competitive side. Like trying to do the whole esport tournament that's not my thing. I do love to have fun and try different builds and counselors. That being said @RustInPeace and I had a great session the other day. We were screwing around and having fun. Talking about the game. Talking about how Pappus is an egotistical nightmare on PC and is helping kill the game. Talking about how META builds can be pretty boring. I even got the levitation glitch and let Rust kill me because he was Savini Jason.  I was streaming at the time and I got some great footage. I'm going to drop some time editing it and post it here. I have to say that is one of the reasons why I enjoy Friday so much better then DbD. It's built for me the guy who might have a few hours to burn if he isn't too tired and wants to have fun. I think making it an esport is probably fun. Just not my cup of tea.