HTMLRulezdOOd1

Not attempting objectives more toxic?

I'm starting to feel like playing with people who don't try to complete any objectives is more toxic than any other encounters while playing. Almost every QP game, I'm a lone Wolf traversing the map by myself.  Just played a game where I installed every car part on the four seater and fixed the fuse/called the cops.  I'm the only one that escaped (not a very good Jason either mind you).  Two people hid the entire time and I have no clue what the others that died were doing. 

• Like 3

Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake. Reminds me of the movies though so I don't mind. There's people there just to die and the. You have the few level headed people who know what needs to be done in order to live. I find the rounds where I do objectives and am the only survivor exhilarating. 

• Like 1

Yeah, not sure if you're talking about Xbox but it's been especially bad since the sale. Lots of new players learning. Some are fine, because they ask questions/take advice. But there's also a lot of clueless players right now too.

• Like 1

I've noticed it to most off the games I've played in the last 24 hours most off the team don't try for the objectives or even pick up and drop the part so it shows on the map, they just seem to run from cabin to cabin till Jason kills them or someone has called the cops and they leave

On 4/20/2018 at 11:12 PM, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, not sure if you're talking about Xbox but it's been especially bad since the sale. Lots of new players learning. Some are fine, because they ask questions/take advice. But there's also a lot of clueless players right now too.

PS4.  It's been like that since day one for me. The ratios been around 9:1 for me in where people don't attempt objectives to helping. Some of it's just bad QP luck, but I'm not sure what's going on.  I feel like this will just frustate the loyal gamers because it's no fun doing everything yourself while watching the other six try to troll Jason. 

Yes it's hard to find people who actually play the game. I noticed that on small maps there is more action, I don't know why, maybe because objectives are more close to parts and they can interrupt their inconclusive and useless game.

9 hours ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

PS4.  It's been like that since day one for me. The ratios been around 9:1 for me in where people don't attempt objectives to helping. Some of it's just bad QP luck, but I'm not sure what's going on.  I feel like this will just frustate the loyal gamers because it's no fun doing everything yourself while watching the other six try to troll Jason. 

On the plus side, if six people are trolling Jason and doing a good job of keeping him busy, you can slip away in the chaos. It's not as fun, but it works.

• Like 1

It happens far too often in QP on the PS4.    This is why from Day 1 I always wanted enough pocket knives to potentially survive going lone wolf and escaping on my own (All I ever got here was just hate-filled responses in regards to this)  .  I know playing random QP I will NEVER be able to rely on a team because chances of finding a good team of randomers is RARE.    You can still escape against a good Jason by yourself provided you spawn perhaps in the general boat area to where you can get the propellor and gas quickly though.   Or if you play a crappy, rookie Jason its not that difficult to survive.  

The only solution is to find a good crew of private match players to play with that play the game the way its SUPPOSED to be played.  Its 100x more fun.    In Random QP all you're gonna get is counselors running from cabin to cabin and getting picked off.  They're to stupid to even "group up" and just attack Jason all out even if they don't fix objectives.  They just run off on their own thinking they can kite Jason for 20 minutes.  ITs possible against a crappy Jason of course, but good luck doing that for 20 minutes against a Jason that knows what their doing,  If you're not going to repair objectives at LEAST go in a group with weapons and go for the sweater.  SOMETHING!!!

Hell, even not going to repair objectives, its not that difficult to bully up"  and kill Jason since Jason (regardless of how good he is) can be at a SERIOUS disadvantage against 5-6 counselors that roll together and go for the kill.  You can knock his mask off easy and chain stun him and avoid the grab kills provided you hit him timely. 

Random QP players refuse to do ANY of this most of the time,  You will get the typical arguments, "Things are fine the way they are".  No they aren't.  Not really.  Since QP play is the anti-thesis of how the developers have structured the game in the way its supposed to be played. 

Being an experienced Jason in QP is a vacation, creampuff walk (Maybe the easiest game Ive ever played) . Sure you may get knocked down once or twice by a sucker punch perk counselor/  but thats probably the extent of the damage that will be done to you.  Once you trap the cars, boat, phone its "easy open season" on Counselors where you can pick them off one by one because most QP teams don't do a damn thing.  They don't stick together and run around with the gas/batteries in their hands all by themselves. Jeesh!!!

I hope the next patch there is a somewhat overhaul of game metrics for Random QP because regardless of whatever patch there is, the game is NOT being played how the developers envisioned 

16 hours ago, DorianRo said:

It happens far too often in QP on the PS4.    This is why from Day 1 I always wanted enough pocket knives to potentially survive going lone wolf and escaping on my own (All I ever got here was just hate-filled responses in regards to this)  .  I know playing random QP I will NEVER be able to rely on a team because chances of finding a good team of randomers is RARE.    You can still escape against a good Jason by yourself provided you spawn perhaps in the general boat area to where you can get the propellor and gas quickly though.   Or if you play a crappy, rookie Jason its not that difficult to survive.  

The only solution is to find a good crew of private match players to play with that play the game the way its SUPPOSED to be played.  Its 100x more fun.    In Random QP all you're gonna get is counselors running from cabin to cabin and getting picked off.  They're to stupid to even "group up" and just attack Jason all out even if they don't fix objectives.  They just run off on their own thinking they can kite Jason for 20 minutes.  ITs possible against a crappy Jason of course, but good luck doing that for 20 minutes against a Jason that knows what their doing,  If you're not going to repair objectives at LEAST go in a group with weapons and go for the sweater.  SOMETHING!!!

Hell, even not going to repair objectives, its not that difficult to bully up"  and kill Jason since Jason (regardless of how good he is) can be at a SERIOUS disadvantage against 5-6 counselors that roll together and go for the kill.  You can knock his mask off easy and chain stun him and avoid the grab kills provided you hit him timely. 

Random QP players refuse to do ANY of this most of the time,  You will get the typical arguments, "Things are fine the way they are".  No they aren't.  Not really.  Since QP play is the anti-thesis of how the developers have structured the game in the way its supposed to be played. 

Being an experienced Jason in QP is a vacation, creampuff walk (Maybe the easiest game Ive ever played) . Sure you may get knocked down once or twice by a sucker punch perk counselor/  but thats probably the extent of the damage that will be done to you.  Once you trap the cars, boat, phone its "easy open season" on Counselors where you can pick them off one by one because most QP teams don't do a damn thing.  They don't stick together and run around with the gas/batteries in their hands all by themselves. Jeesh!!!

I hope the next patch there is a somewhat overhaul of game metrics for Random QP because regardless of whatever patch there is, the game is NOT being played how the developers envisioned 

My sentiments exactly. 

• Like 1

No offense, but "toxic" is the most over-used word right now.

But I agree with the sentiment.  Certainly, anyone not actively attempting to complete objectives is a certifiable jackass.  Ignorance is not an excuse in the information age, where I can find out the current weather in Duluth Minnesota while ordering blood diamonds at the same time from a computer that fits in my pocket.  

It's great if you enjoy playing Jason and want to scratch a few environmental kills off your list, though.  No victory is hollow or unsatisfying when you're Jason; if it is, you need to walk away from the game because nothing will ever be good enough.

36 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

No offense, but "toxic" is the most over-used word right now.

I can't stand the word toxic.    Why not just say what you mean.

But there does seem to be 3 kinds of players in QP.   

-Players that do objectives

-Players that get ready long chase/battle. 

-Players that seek to troll Jason.. By dancing and T bagging.  (Also these players rage quit instantly)

Now the 1st two are cool.     Third one is the real problem.   "oooH, i mean Toxic"...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't really mind them not pushing objectives as long as they're serving as cannon fodder. I do get irritated when I waste 10 minutes of Jason's time and they still achieved nothing. 

On 4/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

I'm starting to feel like playing with people who don't try to complete any objectives is more toxic than any other encounters while playing. Almost every QP game, I'm a lone Wolf traversing the map by myself.  Just played a game where I installed every car part on the four seater and fixed the fuse/called the cops.  I'm the only one that escaped (not a very good Jason either mind you).  Two people hid the entire time and I have no clue what the others that died were doing. 

This has been a pretty frequent experience for me lately on PC as well. I'm still escaping so I can't really complain, I guess. 

Its not uncommon in QP now to see 15 minutes pass and the only objective completed is Tommy Jarvis was called. 

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

-Players that seek to troll Jason.. By dancing and T bagging.  (Also these players rage quit instantly)

Now the 1st two are cool.     Third one is the real problem.   "oooH, i mean Toxic"...  

Toxic is appropriate.  It applies because it's made me not want to play the game.  I'm sure it's done that to others as well, hence toxic gameplay. 

11 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

Toxic is appropriate.  It applies because it's made me not want to play the game.  I'm sure it's done that to others as well, hence toxic gameplay. 

But some people enjoy trying to survive the full 20 minutes against Jason more than they like trying to escape in 5 minutes. I don't mean the troll who just want to teabag him either. But those who genuinely try to outsmart Jason and try to shake him up and down the map. Hiding in good spots and hitting when appropriate.

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

So would this make me a problem since the 2nd and 3rd one can apply to me at times?  Often I would to "throwaway games" where I would just armor up then seek the Jason to test or practice, I'd dance or tea-bag to entice him to single me out, and after he kills me and gets the points, I'd just leave the game to join a new one to repeat. 

I think we need to be clear what trolling is.  I play to undermined and frustrate Jason.  Since he is the enemy, I would say I'm not actually trolling.  I won't do things like lock away key items, team kill with the car, or anything that hinders other counselors.

I think @AldermachXI is right about the influx of new players on Xbox One. I noticed most people I played with today were under level 20. Its frustrating when you are the only one getting things done.

An old argument to why this is happening is because of the "survive the night" badge.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think @AldermachXI is right about the influx of new players on Xbox One. I noticed most people I played with today were under level 20. Its frustrating when you are the only one getting things done.

An old argument to why this is happening is because of the "survive the night" badge.

Happening a lot on PC too. I guess the game has gained some new players during the lull.

It's crazy how you can be 5-10 minutes deep into a round and NOTHING has been done (not even a Tommy call, not a single part marked on the map - nothing). I played a quick round this afternoon (benchmarking stream - getting a brand new PC this week :D). But I was playing as Deb, found keys pretty quick, someone else eventually died close to the 2-seater with the battery. So I put that in. It was Packanack and the 2-seater was at the lodge...Run into the lodge and immediately find gas - gas up - start car - escape.

I heard Jason's music once the entire round. It was down to me and one other counselor when I escaped, and when I did, spectate showed the other counselor hiding under a bed and Jason couldn't find them.

The Jason player's skill is the "difficulty setting" for a round in this game, and it's stupid easy when you have a new player playing as him.

A lot of people dick around lately or try to kill Jason while ignoring other objectives. As a Vanessa main, I almost always repair objectives while repair counselors do almost nothing. It's weird.

19 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Happening a lot on PC too. I guess the game has gained some new players during the lull.

It's crazy how you can be 5-10 minutes deep into a round and NOTHING has been done (not even a Tommy call, not a single part marked on the map - nothing). I played a quick round this afternoon (benchmarking stream - getting a brand new PC this week :D). But I was playing as Deb, found keys pretty quick, someone else eventually died close to the 2-seater with the battery. So I put that in. It was Packanack and the 2-seater was at the lodge...Run into the lodge and immediately find gas - gas up - start car - escape.

I heard Jason's music once the entire round. It was down to me and one other counselor when I escaped, and when I did, spectate showed the other counselor hiding under a bed and Jason couldn't find them.

The Jason player's skill is the "difficulty setting" for a round in this game, and it's stupid easy when you have a new player playing as him.

Playing tonight makes me think of the early days. 

Tiffany's trying to turn power back on while Lachappa stands behind.

If I had a dime for every door left open or unlocked...

I am once again terrified to drop keys next to a car. Seems like evey time I do they disappearand end up on one of the last two people alive's bodies.

The Chads are back... boy are they back. When you start a lobby and its all Chads, Bugzys and Adams, you already know what is going to happen.

7 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Playing tonight makes me think of the early days. 

Tiffany's trying to turn power back on while Lachappa stands behind.

If I had a dime for every door left open or unlocked...

I am once again terrified to drop keys next to a car. Seems like evey time I do they disappearand end up on one of the last two people alive's bodies.

The Chads are back... boy are they back. When you start a lobby and its all Chads, Bugzys and Adams, you already know what is going to happen.

lol...I'm not minding it too much. I run around the nothingness and do my thing, and escape while everyone else dies. I've died a handful of times in my last 50 or so rounds.

17 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...I'm not minding it too much. I run around the nothingness and do my thing, and escape while everyone else dies. I've died a handful of times in my last 50 or so rounds.

Lol I hear that. This is Lachappa heaven right now. Just put the battery in the car, found the fuse and called the cops, called Tommy Jarvis, found the propeller and gas and escaped in the boat. 

I am loving these untrapped objectives. Only wish they had mics so I could help some of these people out more.

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I am loving these untrapped objectives.

I'm definitely noticing a lot more of that these days. Was bizarre at first. Now, I'm getting used to expecting to find no traps at the phone. I've gotten the cops called within the first three minutes my last five games.