Sign in to follow this  
Showstopping

Jason killing

I come to realize its way easy to kill Jason then to escape him it what movie do u see people run up on jason. I never did there all trying to get out. So why is everytime I play as Jason are people trying to kill instead of going for escape. I think u should make it harder to kill him cause he is a hunter he shouldn't be getting hunted that why u are losing alot of people cuz they don't want to be always running as Jason 

That's a well know topic of debate. Since the initial pocket knife patch, people have turned the game from a game about escaping to a game where the killer becomes the killed. I don't really know how they can go about it to make it harder than what it currently is.

It's like @Flyin_J said, when we had 7 knives in every match counselors were able to play without penalty of death. They were able to learn the ins and outs of all the mechanics and become very proficient.

Even with the reduced knives the skill level is still high. It's gratifying for some to kill Jason because they feel it shows there superior skill. I feel like keeping all the team alive takes more skill than sacrificing 5 players so 2 can make the kill, but that's just me.

The only way to shift gameplay back to making escaping the main focus is to make Jason stronger and introduce something that makes killing him or even trying to Duke it out with him harder. Upping his hit points so that it's harder to demask him would be a start, but there needs to be something more. Increase counselors fear when being in Jason's presence. Getting the sweater needs to be more difficult, timing the stun and the Killshot needs to be more challenging. Make a failed kill attempt a death sentence. 

There are ways to put the fear of Jason back in the game and if done right it could change gameplay, but it won't be permanent. Eventually people will figure things out and the stakes will have to be raised again.

• Like 1

There's been threads over this in suggestions I believe