Crispen_Glover

Should the F13 license have gone to a AAA dev?

26 minutes ago, silencedeffect said:

Save me Kojima

Starring Ryan Gosling as Jason Voorhees. And it's actually his face under the mask.

• Like 1

The Devs could easily grow this game into a AA if not AAA game. 

The problems as I see it, is that another studio has an equal chance right now, whoever expands in the best way wins.

More modes, different mechanics and good dlc are all that is needed, after the engine upgrade, some of that should be possible. I'm glad it was produced at all and wouldn't wish to take that accomplishment away from Gun or illfonic. 

1 hour ago, Trident77 said:

Everyone keeps thumping how great an AAA developer would've been if they made this game.

And all I can think of is the lootbox system EA developed. And how likely it would've made it into this game. And how much more whiny teenerboppers would be playing this game if they knew someone like EA made it.

Edit: Also, all the new Jasons/Counselors/Map would likely not be free DLC.

I personally wouldn't mind paying for dlc. As long as it’s consistent content and it’s quick and good quality, then i would buy it. 

Yeah we haven't even scratched the surface of what could be released as dlc, if a back road road map is ever added, I would pay for at least three or four different vehicles to drive on it. The cop car, the ambulance, the tow truck, the motorcycle, the RV, Pamela's jeep, the list is endless. Facing a Jason in full rage with boosted Morph and Shift when cars are running would be awesome. Give him some trees to knock in the path or a homemade spike strip. 

The, I am assuming, dozens of kills we haven't seen yet but that have been mocap'd already. 

New modes for counselors offline or in PM. I'm hoping this is done sooner rather than later. 

22 minutes ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

I personally wouldn't mind paying for dlc. As long as it’s consistent content and it’s quick and good quality, then i would buy it.

The love for the project would Be little to none. That's one thing I love about Gun is their passion to continue this game .

• Like 1

Absolutely not. An AAA dev would've delivered a game with far less technical issues, sure. But, the love-letter product we've been enjoying for most of the past year could've only been the brainchild of a group of avid Friday fans who love and respect the franchise with the kind of passion that only diehard fans can have. Would an AAA studio taken the time to hire Kane Hodder for mo-cap? Would they have tracked down Harry Manfredini to do the music and Tom Savini to design the kills? Would they have hired Thom Mathews to voice Tommy Jarvis and Larry Zerner/Shelly? Would all of those cool artifacts from the films been scattered about in an environment that was painstakingly recreated from the movies themselves?

None of this happens in the hands of a bigger studio looking to make a few bucks off a movie license.

You would've had zombies of Jason's past victims rising out of the ground every two seconds and have to race across Crystal Lake every five minutes to stop Jason from killing a bunch of kids, armed with rocks that sail over the heads of intended targets unless you remember to kneel, all the while using counselors who half of them couldn't be bothered to run faster than my grandmother walks, when KIDS are about to be KILLED. There would've been angry crows who swoop down on you for no reason and a pack of possessed, demon-sounding wolves hunting you should you decide to step ten feet away from the camp and enter the woods. Instead of spending your time trying to repair a vehicle to escape or a phone box to call the police, like any real person would do, you'd be running around lighting fireplaces in certain cabins to earn a magic flashlight to find your way through a cave in search of Mrs. Voorhees' hidden chamber, a place you could've still found in the dark if you simply had a key to get in there. Her sweater would've been pink, and the only way to access it would've been to fight her floating head while she swoops down and hurts you simply by touching you. Putting the sweater on would've changed nothing about your game experience and merely left you flashing stupid random colors. And oh yeah, Jason himself would've been wearing a purple jumpsuit with a mask that glows in the dark and he'd try to kill you with a giant toothbrush.

Oh wait. This really DID happen when the license got into the hands of a "legit" video game developer. But hey, there weren't any technical issues at all and the game never crashed...

No thanks. I'll take our game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think it's worth saying here that you don't have to like this game just because it's "Friday the 13th" and you consider yourself to be a Friday the 13th fan. Being loyal to the franchise doesn't require you to like everything about it.

• Like 1

No it shouldn't have. Unless you want loot boxes, microtransactions and DLC costs up the ass. And if you think the game would be less glitchy there is no guarantee on that. Don't believe me? Go play Aliens: Colonial Marines. It was a glitchy bug filled mess developed by a triple A studio who didn't give two fucks about Aliens or it's source material. If I ever see Randy Pitchford the CEO of Gearbox Entertainment in person I'm going to bust his fucking nose and take exactly sixty dollars from his wallet. I wouldn't be robbing his fucking ass. I would be getting a fucking refund. At least GunMedia and IllFonic have a passion for the source material. So no. Actually FUCK NO. I don't need EA, Activision or any other greedy so called "triple A" publisher trying to monotize my motherfucking nut sack.

Edit: I can't believe this is even being talked about. I have a hard time even remembering a game that was good enough from one of these supposed "triple A" publishers what was even worthy of that title. Triple fucking A. More like triple G for fucking greed.

Edit #2 And Pitchford's glasses! I would break his fucking glasses too. 

• Haha 1

Personally, I am glad we didn't get this game from a AAA company.  I agree with many people in this forum topic regarding the problems we would have if a AAA company had developed Friday the 13th game.  When I saw this post I immediately thought of the Star Wars Battlefront II fiasco with loot boxes and blatant greed.  If this game had been made from a triple A company we would have probably been given  a rushed product with no attention to detail (like the levels designed around actual movie locations) and every little bit of the dlc would have been extremely overpriced.  There would have been more emphasis on making cash rather than satisfying customers, and, as long as the cash was rolling in, there would be no attention paid to complaints or problems.    Is the game perfect now?  No.  However, regardless of all the bugs and issues, I am still rather impressed that Gun was able to make such an enjoyable game with such a simple premise.  I have said this before, but I cannot remember a AAA title that has kept me playing for as long as this game has; I have been playing since November and I have rarely touched other games since.  

• Like 1

I'm gonna say no. Whilst some things may of been better such as reduced bugs and overall polish, we would pay for every version of jason, kills and maps. It really is impossible to say at the end of the day though. 

18 hours ago, kepps-66 said:

Not in this case. it is more like host migration>dedicated servers. You are talking about a very small dev team. They cost of dedicated servers would nearly bankrupt them.

host migration sucks go back to cod dedicated servers are better 

13 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Well..  Il put it like this.  Last night for me was the luckiest unlucky night of playing ive ever had.

I played 5 games.. Every match i was Jason.  Every match ended with the host quitting.  

One host was lvl 150.  I remember thinking at least this player won't quit.  NOPE..  Still a  bitch.    (Host was my 5th kill and this bitch still quit)

The 5th time i was playing i even let the host out of my grab TWICE.   And this idiot still had to hit me with a melee weapons/T BAG me.  Then i had to kill em and of course.  Host quits and game over.

The reality for me is.. over 75% of the game i play end in HOST quitting.   Meaning im missing 75% of my CP/XP from playing this game.

Im really not sure why PC players get dedicated servers and console players eat dirt.  But id take host migration of nothing anyday.  :(

19 hours ago, Crispen_Glover said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and play it almost everyday, plus the attention to detail and fan service in the game is an F13 fans wet dream. So I am really grateful to Gun and IllFonic.  But when I see the constant bugs and glitches, and still no dedicated servers almost A YEAR after release I cant help but imagine what this game would be if it had the budget, polish, and manpower of a AAA studio. 

At the same time however I can easily see how a big developer would fuck up the game with stuff like loot boxes and micro-transactions. So in that sense I'm even more grateful that the people at Gun and ill give us so much shit for free.  

Actually at point I am at I wish Jason would just jump to dead by Daylight get a pay rise and be with all his buddies!!

44 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well..  Il put it like this.  Last night for me was the luckiest unlucky night of playing ive ever had.

I played 5 games.. Every match i was Jason.  Every match ended with the host quitting.  

One host was lvl 150.  I remember thinking at least this player won't quit.  NOPE..  Still a  bitch.    (Host was my 5th kill and this bitch still quit)

The 5th time i was playing i even let the host out of my grab TWICE.   And this idiot still had to hit me with a melee weapons/T BAG me.  Then i had to kill em and of course.  Host quits and game over.

The reality for me is.. over 75% of the game i play end in HOST quitting.   Meaning im missing 75% of my CP/XP from playing this game.

Im really not sure why PC players get dedicated servers and console players eat dirt.  But id take host migration of nothing anyday.  :(

Exactly my point. If cost is an issue of the devs to offer dedicated servers, then host migration is better than the way it is. Host migration should have already been implemented while we are waiting. These rage quitters is making it so hard to even finish a match on PS4. I don’t know if Xbox players are seeing this, but it is bad on PS4. 

59 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

And you are enjoying the “Host has ended the game” journey? Host migration is better than nothing!! Increase your internet. Maybe you are one of the players playing on just slightly better than dialup Internet!! And host migration is not costly either. 

5 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

Exactly my point. If cost is an issue of the devs to offer dedicated servers, then host migration is better than the way it is. Host migration should have already been implemented while we are waiting. These rage quitters is making it so hard to even finish a match on PS4. I don’t know if Xbox players are seeing this, but it is bad on PS4. 

I play on xbox and its really bad too.

Might as well put a big a red flag over the hosts head and warn players not to kill them... 

14 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

you do know host migration takes longer to add and dalays game for long periods of time its not the answer just be patient 

hideo-kojima-cameo-300x173.jpg

kojima sold me THOUSANDS of hours of life lessons and quality entertainment consistently since fkn nes. while right now this whole game isnt much more complicated than one of snakes nightmares. so you guys plz dont go suckin off shifty that hard, he will get sleepy when hes still got soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more work to do.

edit- i never have, nor ever will, buy any dlc.

Edited by jistsomeguy
dlc comment

30 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

you do know host migration takes longer to add and dalays game for long periods of time its not the answer just be patient 

Yes be patient. The game has been out nearly a year, and we are still getting blue screens and glitchy game play.

I think the blue screens is one cause as to why we see so many hosts quitting. I don’t believe all these host are just quitting. I have been host and got a blue screen about 80% of the time as host. I have reported this blue screen issue via jasonkillsbugs.com for over six months with no fix. Hopefully, the engine update patch will include a fix for this as well. 

32 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

Yes be patient. The game has been out nearly a year, and we are still getting blue screens and glitchy game play.

I think the blue screens is one cause as to why we see so many hosts quitting. I don’t believe all these host are just quitting. I have been host and got a blue screen about 80% of the time as host. I have reported this blue screen issue via jasonkillsbugs.com for over six months with no fix. Hopefully, the engine update patch will include a fix for this as well. 

Yep same here, Ive had the host crash everytime I've hosted. Its not just rage quitters etc

38 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

if the host blue screens it says connection timed out to other players in lobby so when host quit it says host quit 

19 hours ago, DiegoElFuego said:

AAA Dev = game would've been $60 and every added Jason, counselor and stage would've been $5 and $10 respectively. Better perks would've been in lootboxes. Maybe some of the weapons. The main benefit would've been servers.

This right were lmao! This is also EA logic.

16 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

This right were lmao! This is also EA logic.

Yeah, AAA devs mean high game cost and more stuff to buy. Their motto is “Pay me, pay me, pay me”. It is a never ending money pit. Smaller dev teams mean free or lower cost games and DLC, but longer wait times for updates and add ons due to the smaller teams. I think GUN and Wes is doing a great job. 

• Like 1