Sign in to follow this  
Azmodan_Rising

Why So Serious

So, I have been playing for a month now and have heard and seen all types of people and characters. It is almost surreal how some people can take a game so serious, as if they're lives depended on it. I was recently in a match where the person playing Jason, went on a massive tirade against everyobody, making it even worse for himself and an easy target for trolling. He was cursing everyone and accusing people of cheating and having extra pocket knives. Crying and screaming because he could not perfom a kill and because, the person would break free and then knock him down. He went on to curse everyone's family and tell everyon how there mothers where all whores and had aids (LMAO). It was so funny because, he was serious and almost had a mental breakdown, over a GAME, a freaking $39.00 game. This is just one of so many times I have witnessed someone having a mental breakdown while playing. Whether they are getting trashed as Jason or being trashed as a counselor. I need to buy more popcorn hahahaha...

Welcome to Video Games

Most games are competitive, so it breeds competitive minded people. It could be a MLP MMO and someone will be competitive about something.

18 minutes ago, Flyin_J said:

Most games are competitive, so it breeds competitive minded people. It could be a MLP MMO and someone will be competitive about something.

Exactly,

Since the earliest times games were a competitive thing. Being competitive is not a bad thing and it should never be frowned upon. Growing up in arcades it was a matter of pride to have your initials on the high score of a video game. I play games to win because winning feels good. If winning wasn't important than they wouldn't give trophies away for doing it.

It is important to be a gracious winner or loser. Nobody goes undefeated forever. We will all lose at some point. You have to be able to deal with losing and move beyond it. Sadly more and more people never learned how to lose, I blame it on the everyone gets a trophy generation. 

There's no need in rubbing someone's face in their loss, all it does is diminish your victory.

• Like 1

Because this game is fucking life! Why dont you people fucking care?! These cheaters, hackers....

Sorry. Couldnt keep that joke up. In that person's defense, a game is meant to be played in the way you choose for your own enjoyment. I guess he wants to play F13th: MLG. 

@AdmiralJT I agree, that is why I appreciate hockey players more than any other sport. There is a certain class and etiquette in the sport.

1 minute ago, TheHansonGoons said:

@AdmiralJT I agree, that is why I appreciate hockey players more than any other sport. There is a certain class and etiquette in the sport.

Has something to do with Hockey's Canadian roots.

I think people's incapability to accept loss that makes playing certain competitive games unenjoyable. Playing CoD's multiplayer is arguably less fun due to the competitive mentality of mainstream CoD players than Battlefield's multiplayer. I could play BF4 for years, but I can't stand playing any CoD other than MW.

• Like 1