I love the Friday the 13th series, have since I was a youngun. My dad was really into horror so it was kind of bound to happen. It's the love for the series evident in the game that keep me tied to it.

10 minutes ago, Deputy Dewey Boy said:

I love the Friday the 13th series, have since I was a youngun. My dad was really into horror so it was kind of bound to happen. It's the love for the series evident in the game that keep me tied to it.

So why don't you just watch the movies that you love, or read comics that further the story? Rather than play a game that is a let down for you? Just because it has the name Friday the 13th doesn't mean you need to play it if it's not what you enjoy.

1 minute ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

So why don't you just watch the movies that you love, or read comics that further the story? Rather than play a game that is a let down for you? Just because it has the name Friday the 13th doesn't mean you need to play it if it's not what you enjoy.

Because it's not a let down, even with all the issues, I play with family and friends. We have a good time and I really like playing as Jason. I play it BECAUSE I enjoy it. 

Just came back a week or so to playing this game and apart from obvious issues with rage quitters, hit detection etc... I'm still enjoying it. Play with a group of friends and just have fun. The purpose of all games is to have fun, isn't it?

• Like 1

I play for the thrill of the chase on both ends. I love playing as a counselor doing my best to evade, outlast and sometimes fight and kill Jason. As Jason I enjoy chasing the counselors and wiping them out in awesome Friday the 13th style. 

As far as those who dislike the game lurking here on the fourms perhaps I can provide some insight. My wife and I bought Destiny when it came out years ago. It too was a flawed product. I joined the Destiny fourms in an attempt to improve the game by suggesting changes that really needed implementation. I won't go into them all here but my main gripe with the game revolved around every DLC expansion made the one before it obsolete. In an attempt to make all the content in the game that I bought twice worth something I endlessly suggested that they simply implement a system they had actually used before to bring all the old gear to current DLC standards. But alas my pleas fell on deaf ears. After I quit playing the game and visiting the fourms Bungie finally implemented the system I had asked for when the game's life cycle was over and Destiny 2 was about to be released. But it was too late. My wife and I had moved on and we didn't appreciate learning the game had been developed then hacked up into DLC "expansions." We spent a lot of money on content torn from the game at launch and each one we bought trivialized the rest of the game. 

But for a time I had hope for Destiny to turn itself around. And those here on the fourms who are openly critical have hope Friday will free itself from the bug filled mire it currently resides in. If it dosen't they will eventually move on just like I did with Destiny.

• Like 1

I'm not playing from Wednesday. I will not play until an update appears. ;) I have nothing to do, I have already unlocked everything I could, so I am waiting patiently. :)

Every game has those hanger-ons that love the game deep down, but who are also angry or frustrated with something about it. Instead of just walking away or trying to remain constructive, they lash out and try to spread their misery around. They aren't satisfied with the game, so why should anyone else be?

I love this game, and I'm good at it: much better than I've ever been at any online game (I gave up on Call of Duty long ago due to being killed too quickly).

But I do totally understand people's frustrations with it, particularly the developers' shenanigans.  I myself have been frustrated by their lack of transparency (although this has improved somewhat recently).

Because I like it so much I recognize some small changes and fixes that could make it even better.  But I keep on playing because I have a blast playing it.

Just now, CPLhicks31 said:

We are getting answers from reasonable folks haha. I was hoping to hear from the whiners.

Give it time.

Yeah I love your answers guys. But I was more looking to hear from the people who constantly say they hate the game and trash talk the devs. Because I just don't understand hating something that you choose to put so much time into. But enjoying something despite its flaws and hoping they get fixed is completely different and understandable.

I enjoy the game it keeps me entertained and have fun that's why I keep playing.

They bitch and complain because they have nothing else better to do with there time.   

21 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

Yeah I love your answers guys. But I was more looking to hear from the people who constantly say they hate the game and trash talk the devs. Because I just don't understand hating something that you choose to put so much time into. But enjoying something despite its flaws and hoping they get fixed is completely different and understandable.

Those people won't give you a good answer.  Kinda like asking a troll in your match why they're being so obnoxious.  Your sincere question will only be met with more trolling, such as "BECAUSE I CAN!" or "F--- YOU I CAN PLAY HOW I WANT!" or some other childish annoying answer.

Because I like playing as Jason Voorhees and killing people in game and hopefully as Pamela Voorhees one day as well.

• Like 1

The funny thing is it you ever visit the "Dead by Daylight" steam forum you'll see the same whining about the game over there. "The killers are treated as a joke," "pallet looping needs to be fixed," "self care is OP," "can't find a decent lobby without trolls," "new rank system sucks," etc. 

According to posters on that board, the DbD game is dying, and the devs don't give a shit. Which sounds familiar... :P

I feel the complaining on hear is an example of the silent majority vs the vocal minority Dichotomy. Those that are mostly satisfied with the game won’t speak up too often because they are enjoying their game experience, for the most part. (looking at you Dec patch, you know what you did.) While those who complain are extremely dissatisfied for one reason or another and feel strongly  compelled to share it, often in a negative way.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

The funny thing is it you ever visit the "Dead by Daylight" steam forum you'll see the same whining about the game over there. "The killers are treated as a joke," "pallet looping needs to be fixed," "self care is OP," "can't find a decent lobby without trolls," "new rank system sucks," etc. 

According to posters on that board, the DbD game is dying, and the devs don't give a shit. Which sounds familiar... :P

And Every other Survivor Perk is Overpowered and Killers are helpless babies who need caretakers.

EVEN THE LEAST USEFUL ONES ARE CONSIDERED OP

• Haha 1