Jdt827

Risk Slashing: reviving dead players

10 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Bad idea. 

If you want to have to babysit your "kills" go play Dead by Daylight. 

By Babysit do you mean like facecamping? Lmao, that's why I don't want this to be implemented 

1 hour ago, Qcici said:

By Babysit do you mean like facecamping? Lmao, that's why I don't want this to be implemented 

Indeed.

On 4/20/2018 at 4:15 AM, Ahab said:

run AWAY from the psychotic zombie slasher....

Keyword being Slasher. He is a character from a series of "Slasher Films" after all.

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, Jdt827 said:

This would not change anything regarding groups. He can still slash. Reviving someone should be the same type of challenge as a repair. It’s not s quick one and done. If Jason camps a dead counselor, that’s great. Gives everyone else time to repair cars and boats. Also, if you can only revive someone who’s been slashed, that leaves a highly unlikeliness it will even be used often. 

Explain my logic? I explained perfectly. The vast majority of players don’t like slashing. I clearly stated I don’t have a problem with it. But I recognize it as an issue for many people who find it boring and unentertaining. I think there is massive room for the game to evolve from just 20 minute rounds. Especially when now, we are expected to sit through other people’s game play after we die or we are sent to the salt mines. No one wants to sit there and watch other people play. I am confident the market for people who want to see the game evolve in content and gameplay is much bigger than the market who just want things to stay the same with the exception of new counselors every so often. 

This would change a great deal as long as Jason can be used as a piñata. It could lead to needing to slashing down the same player many times and make the piñata Jason tactic the norm for pretty much every game. If it were ever implemented a prompt for a ground execution would be needed to balance it out. AS I have pointed out, Jason camping ANYTHING leads to every other objective being completed and a great many escapes. This is a MASSIVE BUFF to counselors who at this time need no more buffs. A team with any kind of co-ordination can escape with nearly the entire lobby before Jason gets access to his first shift. When this is at all possible, you actually need to explain your logic behind counselors needing a buff in any way and any buff still needs to be balanced out for the other side.
   Myself, I look at balance for both sides of play... not just one. I also do not claim to be correct all the time and am open to learning new things that can change my opinion on anything.  Although I do enjoy playing Jason, like EVERYBODY else in the game I play WAY MORE games as a counselor. Dying as a counselor happens a lot in this game, sometimes you will even die when playing Jason.... if we all rarely died, there would be no challenge for the counselors at all... no challenge at all is pretty boring... unless you think there should be no challenge and think everyone should win in every game. When there is no challenge, there is no need for practice to get better at anything in life... and bettering ourselves should be a goal for everyone.
   Crying when something doesn't go your way is acting like a child that thinks they are just entitled to everything they think they should have.... if you think this to be logical, you have not thought it through and your logic is flawed. Claiming the majority of people on twitter or whatever platform don't like something is no reason to fight for it... particularly when you have no problem with a stance opposing them. Most people do not think things through very well, or do any kind of research into an issue, but think their point is the only point that anyone should listen to... this is the polar opposite of logic. The majority of people on 'the internet' also think that slapping a women on the ass is just as bad as rape.... both are unacceptable behavior, but one is actually worse than the other.
   You have not explained your logic at all.... which is pretty far from 'perfectly'. If someone does not like an integral game mechanic, that is on them... whining about it is still just whining. If you think people whining about the use of a mechanic that SHOULD be in the game makes it a shifty strategy in any way.. your logic is flawed... and the vast majority of people I have EVER played with do not complain about slashing at all.... not seeing a vast majority of the player base with these complaints, just a bunch of people crying about a legitimate tactic... there will always be a lot of people crying about things they do not like... that does not make them correct or a majority. Once again, please explain your logic on this.
   If you read my previous post through, you will notice I made several points you did not address and asked a couple of pertinent questions that you totally ignored.... if you want to convince someone that you have a valid point, you need to answer their questions and give a rebuttal to their points.... which you have failed to do.

I fully understand that there are Jason players that slash every single counselor in the game when it is totally unnecessary to do so. This does make for a boring match. However, there are MUCH bigger issues in the game to worry about... like Jason teamers that ruin the match for everyone... hackers that ruin the match for everyone.... and many more that can actually ruin a match for everyone involved in it.
   Also... no one said you have to go to the salt mines for leaving after you have officially joined the afterlife club. When you are dead and gone from the match, you can still leave if you are not the host without penalty. But if you want to play with the same group again, you may want to learn some patience and stick around.... everybody will die first at some point, which can sometimes be very early in a match.
   I also never said the game should not evolve. It is evolving consistently. We have not had a patch for a while for reasons that you should be well aware of, and changes are coming with the next patch... we cannot judge these changes until we have played them from both sides.

Also... If you do not have a problem with it... then why are you here to fight for someone else? There are real problems in the world that could use people to figure them out... why would you even try to fight against something when you have no problem with it happening? Particularly about something in a game! That is the opposite of logic.... your time would be much better spent fighting for something that you have an actual concern about and have done enough research to be certain that you actually have a valid concern.

On 4/20/2018 at 3:52 PM, badassgixxer05 said:

Had a slashing Jason In a game last night, and whole lobby was going nuts crying about it. Calling him garbage and a shitty Jason, but the guy was actually really good. Slashed the F out of everyone in like 5 mins. Was pretty impressive..

As far as reviving, If you take 4 to 5 hacks from a butcher knife I don't think there is a med kit in the world that is going to save you, so wouldn't want to see that in the game.

Just make sure you are managing stamina and don't get caught out in the open huffing and puffing. Load up on med sprays and continue hitting the objectives. Don't be a hero and try getting in a fist fight with Jason if you can't handle the end result of possibly dying..

Well It's not really Logical That Jason Can Slash Someone with A FREAKING HELL PITCHFORK AND NOTHING HAPPENS TO THEM (Until a few slashes later) Or a Freaking Pick axe, A Fire Ax and More weapons! 

Also Med Kits Magically make all Cuts and Blood Go away.

It wouldn't really be a stretch that you could be healed with a Med Kit at this point.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, Qcici said:

You'd be REALLY surprised how some Jason players will literally throw logic out the window-- Well, Idk how it is on PC, but on PS4 they sometimes throw logic out the window. Plus it would be annoying seeing a Jason circle over your body for 3 minutes, which is ironic because it would be JASON bullying and trolling the counselor instead of Vice Versa.

To further prove my point:

Yesterday I was in a match against a level 33 Part 9 Jason. I noticed that he was going after someone in the house, I decided to dance to regain my stamina and not look like an idiot standing still. The moment the Jason saw me dancing, he literally lost his shit and started chasing me for like 5 minutes straight. I was in a house then he sees someone else start dancing, then HE starts chasing them! Let's not forget that during those 5 minutes he chased me, the police was called and HE DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH. HE STILL WENT AND CHASED ME XD.

At the end of the match, everyone was bullying Jason at the cop spawn for like 4 minutes. Unfortunately someone did die because they weren't paying attention. All in all, he only got 1/8 kills for throwing logic out the window. This also further explains my point that people in the game are driven by weak emotion sometimes... 

Many people pay no attention to logic either way... some people are just like that. So long as it does not hurt others, there is no real issue with their behavior.... people will play how they want to play for good or for ill. When we finish a game playing with people we do not like, we are free to leave and remember their name so we can leave a lobby if we see them again and do not want to play with them.
   The idea of revival would still need a prompt for Jason to do a ground execution... A killer without the ability to kill a helpless person laying on the ground would be extremely illogical and further from realistic than an undead psychotic killer in the first place. This would take away any need for Jason to 'camp' someone who is down as well. More realism is better then less is for anything. But sometimes in a story or game, there are some unrealistic things that need to be included just to make a game playable or a story enjoyable... or just for more dramatic effect. Too many unrealistic things in a story or game just make it too cheesy and laughable.

I do get your point, but I would not call these people douchebags and just move on. If they got rude about it I may then call them douche bags.... or worse.
    The level 33 Jason you speak of is probably still relatively new to playing Jason and has a lot of the 'ins and outs' of playing him to learn yet. I understand why newer players can get upset playing Jason, particularly if a group of skilled players is using him as a piñata. It is very frustrating for them.... and so many people out there have little or no patience. Hopefully he learns how to play better and deal with the parts he finds difficult, and perhaps learns some patience. Frustration can make people very upset... which leads to stress... and stress kills. It is better for all of us to try to keep calm in any situation.... losing our shit makes us all look like assholes. But there are still many idiots that think it is funny to make people lose their shit... these are the true douche bags.
    I do not understand why the dancing upsets so many people.... you can dance if you want to!!!! I even dance myself some times... in the game at least. In real life... I have no rhythm.
    Those dance parties in front of the cops can be a frustrating thing for new players to deal with, but not so much if people are not rude.... They are just giving the Jason player another chance to get a kill or two at least. The dancing is not the problem here, just the rude people.... people that are rude upset everyone.... Plus, why are people choosing to be rude to someone who will be their team mate in the next match? I fail to see any logic here either.... role playing is one thing, but when someone else does not realize that someone is role playing, they tend to take these things personally. We cannot read each others minds..... at least, I can't anyway.

Also.... if you are really good at evading Jason.... I would chase you down until I got you just for the practice (even at the expense of a few kills).... but I still have to find you first. I do not go out of my way to find any specific player when I am Jason. I love a good chase and it is one of the best parts of this game in my opinion. There is some logic in this way of thinking... I am just getting in some practice at chasing someone who happens to be a challenge to catch. I am just trying to improve my game play by getting good at doing the hard parts. I would hope you would not think me a douche bag for thinking this way.... I would do the same to anyone else... just for the practice. Getting 8 of 8 in every Jason game is not a huge concern for me, we all have good games and bad games.
   Even at work, I like to get the hard part done first, just so the rest of the job is easy and less frustrating.

I get what you are saying but I don't really agree with this. Far to many good points on the side that doesn't want this.

It's a slasher game period and the goal is to avoid Jason at all cost..

However... I do happen to know a solution to your problem. Dead By Daylight but that game isn't as good as Friday The 13th in my opinion so I can't always recommend that.

it would be nice to add when a counselor is bleeding on the ground after being slashed, Jason can simply press E and execute him with a nice animation, but that animation can be interrupted if someone hits him

On 4/21/2018 at 5:38 PM, Ahab said:

This would change a great deal as long as Jason can be used as a piñata. It could lead to needing to slashing down the same player many times and make the piñata Jason tactic the norm for pretty much every game. If it were ever implemented a prompt for a ground execution would be needed to balance it out. AS I have pointed out, Jason camping ANYTHING leads to every other objective being completed and a great many escapes. This is a MASSIVE BUFF to counselors who at this time need no more buffs. A team with any kind of co-ordination can escape with nearly the entire lobby before Jason gets access to his first shift. When this is at all possible, you actually need to explain your logic behind counselors needing a buff in any way and any buff still needs to be balanced out for the other side.
   Myself, I look at balance for both sides of play... not just one. I also do not claim to be correct all the time and am open to learning new things that can change my opinion on anything.  Although I do enjoy playing Jason, like EVERYBODY else in the game I play WAY MORE games as a counselor. Dying as a counselor happens a lot in this game, sometimes you will even die when playing Jason.... if we all rarely died, there would be no challenge for the counselors at all... no challenge at all is pretty boring... unless you think there should be no challenge and think everyone should win in every game. When there is no challenge, there is no need for practice to get better at anything in life... and bettering ourselves should be a goal for everyone.
   Crying when something doesn't go your way is acting like a child that thinks they are just entitled to everything they think they should have.... if you think this to be logical, you have not thought it through and your logic is flawed. Claiming the majority of people on twitter or whatever platform don't like something is no reason to fight for it... particularly when you have no problem with a stance opposing them. Most people do not think things through very well, or do any kind of research into an issue, but think their point is the only point that anyone should listen to... this is the polar opposite of logic. The majority of people on 'the internet' also think that slapping a women on the ass is just as bad as rape.... both are unacceptable behavior, but one is actually worse than the other.
   You have not explained your logic at all.... which is pretty far from 'perfectly'. If someone does not like an integral game mechanic, that is on them... whining about it is still just whining. If you think people whining about the use of a mechanic that SHOULD be in the game makes it a shifty strategy in any way.. your logic is flawed... and the vast majority of people I have EVER played with do not complain about slashing at all.... not seeing a vast majority of the player base with these complaints, just a bunch of people crying about a legitimate tactic... there will always be a lot of people crying about things they do not like... that does not make them correct or a majority. Once again, please explain your logic on this.
   If you read my previous post through, you will notice I made several points you did not address and asked a couple of pertinent questions that you totally ignored.... if you want to convince someone that you have a valid point, you need to answer their questions and give a rebuttal to their points.... which you have failed to do.

I fully understand that there are Jason players that slash every single counselor in the game when it is totally unnecessary to do so. This does make for a boring match. However, there are MUCH bigger issues in the game to worry about... like Jason teamers that ruin the match for everyone... hackers that ruin the match for everyone.... and many more that can actually ruin a match for everyone involved in it.
   Also... no one said you have to go to the salt mines for leaving after you have officially joined the afterlife club. When you are dead and gone from the match, you can still leave if you are not the host without penalty. But if you want to play with the same group again, you may want to learn some patience and stick around.... everybody will die first at some point, which can sometimes be very early in a match.
   I also never said the game should not evolve. It is evolving consistently. We have not had a patch for a while for reasons that you should be well aware of, and changes are coming with the next patch... we cannot judge these changes until we have played them from both sides.

Also... If you do not have a problem with it... then why are you here to fight for someone else? There are real problems in the world that could use people to figure them out... why would you even try to fight against something when you have no problem with it happening? Particularly about something in a game! That is the opposite of logic.... your time would be much better spent fighting for something that you have an actual concern about and have done enough research to be certain that you actually have a valid concern.

You are turning this into something so stupid. First of all, most deaths happen when no one else is around. It will rely first and foremost on the body being found. Second and most importantly the idea requires it to be slash killing only with cokes with minimal points. Three - whoever revives you has to have a health spray. The opportunity will be rare as fuck to even get revived with those three points in mind. It’s literally a minuscule area of opportunity. It will incentivize people stay in game and give small chances to keep playing. The point is the game needs more depth and this is a simple feature to add that while making some people hopeful to have a second chance at the round. You have absolutely overthought this to a point it’s not even being suggested. Your opinion has been heard. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

it would be nice to add when a counselor is bleeding on the ground after being slashed, Jason can simply press E and execute him with a nice animation, but that animation can be interrupted if someone hits him

Also a great idea.