Jdt827

Risk Slashing: reviving dead players

Between the forums, YouTube, Reddit, and in-game players, I think it’s safe to say slash killing is comes with a lot of stigma when you’re playing as Jason. Players gripe that it’s a shitty strategy for Jason. While I don’t fully agree, I understand everyone’s frustration. It can be very disappointing when you don’t get to use the supplies you’ve worked hard to find and it decreases your chance of fighting Jason back. So I have an idea to balance this. 

Jason’s should be able to kill you however they want. BUT if he slash kills you, I think it would be awesome to allow another player to find you and revive you and patch you up before bleeding to death. This makes it a little more risky for Jason to use this strategy. The dying counselor would have to rely on the luck of someone stumbling upon them as they lay unmovable or they would have to rely on the luck of having previously found a walkie to call for help before they bleed to death. Maybe even give it a 3 minute time limit so that it’s fair. This allows a small window for a second chance to survive the game and may even be very rewarding for situations in which a player is killed early on. I just What do you guys think?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

Between the forums, YouTube, Reddit, and in-game players, I think it’s safe to say slash killing is comes with a lot of stigma when you’re playing as Jason. Players gripe that it’s a shitty strategy for Jason. While I don’t fully agree, I understand everyone’s frustration. It can be very disappointing when you don’t get to use the supplies you’ve worked hard to find and it decreases your chance of fighting Jason back. So I have an idea to balance this. 

Jason’s should be able to kill you however they want. BUT if he slash kills you, I think it would be awesome to allow another player to find you and revive you and patch you up before bleeding to death. This makes it a little more risky for Jason to use this strategy. The dying counselor would have to rely on the luck of someone stumbling upon them as they lay unmovable or they would have to rely on the luck of having previously found a walkie to call for help before they bleed to death. Maybe even give it a 3 minute time limit so that it’s fair. This allows a small window for a second chance to survive the game and may even be very rewarding for situations in which a player is killed early on. I just What do you guys think?

I'm not exactly all for this, BUT I do agree with some aspects about this. I don't think that there should be a revive feature because there's the douchebag Jasons in the game who would abuse the 3-minute time limit and camp the person bleeding out because they got in their feelings or something relevant to that. 

I think that players should have the option to either keep the pocket knife in their slots in the event that Jason grabs them, OR have the ability to actually HOLD the pocket knife and then stab him. It's a way for players who get slashed to be able to use their resource rather than die. There would be a huge drawback for it though:

- If you miss the knife stab, Jason can press a prompted button to grab the knife in your hand and stab you w/ it in the gut. You won't die from it, but you'll take enough damage to limp

This would actually give pocket knives some skill to them and make players have to be more careful. An alternative to swinging though, is to just stack on med sprays and equip Hypochondriac (The perk I never use but everyone calls it cancer lmao.) 

So Jason will have no chance of thinning out a herd of counselors chain stunning him at the 4 door?

Slash killers can be a bit eh if they're repetitively spamming but it's a mecessary evil if we're to keep some balance.

@Jdt827
    If you don't want to get slashed... its pretty simple... Don't attack Jason in groups or he WILL slash you. When you die.... you die.... dead is dead. That IS fair. It is already 7 vs 1 in a timed match, this is not Left 4 Dead. Reviving counselors is WAY TOO BIG OF A BUFF. A group of experienced battle Chads could extend a fight out for the entire length of the match with the ability to revive slashed counselors. That is beyond ridiculous. If you do not want to die.... run AWAY from the psychotic zombie slasher.... This is an extremely simple strategy that works more often then ANY other strategy.... but it amazes me how many people need this pointed out to them.
    If you bought this game expecting to live through every match and beat the crap out of Jason frickin' Voorhees then you bought the wrong game.
    Please explain your logic as to how it is a 'shifty strategy' for the "slasher" to slash. Those that want to fight me get slashed.... those that cry about me slashing... get slashed. It is simply the most effective way to deal with groups that want to fight or people that try to tell you how to play. Also great for slowing down hard to catch counselors, which is already made difficult enough with the quantities of med sprays..... there are MANY extremely skilled counselor players out there.
    Try playing Jason and fighting a group that knows what they are doing without slashing, let me know how that goes for you... keep in mind, I have done it more times then I care to count.
    Slashing is Jason's only viable strategy when fighting groups, particularly if the group actually knows what they are doing. If this needs to be explained to you, then you are VERY new to this game. You risk death getting in Jason's face and there are a great many med sprays in the game even without anyone using the medic perk.... I often find six med sprays myself in one match.
     I have fought groups that took seemingly 80 to 100 slashes to bring them all down with all of the med sprays that are in game as it is now. I didn't count each slash, but how many times do you think Jason can slash over 12 minutes? I have had fights with the battle Chads that lasted that long..... your suggestion will double, triple, quadruple the number of slashes required, quite possibly even more... but the match only lasts twenty minutes. How is that fair exactly? And Just how many times do you think Jason should have to kill one counselor?
     The only people I have EVER seen complain about getting slashed are the same people that roam in groups trying to beat the crap out of Jason and are damned good at striking him before he can perform a grab kill and freeing their friend.... hence why slashing is the ONLY viable tactic when fighting them. Anyone complaining about a Jason player that slashes at all is acting like a spoiled rotten whiny little child. If some one wants to slash under ANY circumstances.... they will slash. No amount of crying is ever going to change that.

@Qcici If a 'douchebag' Jason camps ANY objective... he runs the risk of every other objective being completed and losing pretty much every potential kill in the game. When you see this, the counselors are camping the objective waiting for Jason to leave, he is just trying to kill them. That is how it works from Jason's side of play EVERY time people have said I was camping an objective. Why would I leave the area if half (or more) of the counselors are nearly within my grasp? Should I just leave and take a chance that some one might be on some random spot of the map, or try to kill the counselors that I know are nearby?

• Thanks 1

Had a slashing Jason In a game last night, and whole lobby was going nuts crying about it. Calling him garbage and a shitty Jason, but the guy was actually really good. Slashed the F out of everyone in like 5 mins. Was pretty impressive..

As far as reviving, If you take 4 to 5 hacks from a butcher knife I don't think there is a med kit in the world that is going to save you, so wouldn't want to see that in the game.

Just make sure you are managing stamina and don't get caught out in the open huffing and puffing. Load up on med sprays and continue hitting the objectives. Don't be a hero and try getting in a fist fight with Jason if you can't handle the end result of possibly dying..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Had a slashing Jason In a game last night, and whole lobby was going nuts crying about it. Calling him garbage and a shitty Jason, but the guy was actually really good. Slashed the F out of everyone in like 5 mins. Was pretty impressive..

Im one of those people who will openly call out a Slashing only Jason for being complete trash.  

I mean, if the Jason player had to slash.. thats totally understandable.     But the ones that completely ignore the grabs kills and slash only, can go F themselves. 

Game i was in last night.    Ended up escaping in the two seater with another player.  We sat back and watched this Jason slash everyone to death.     God that was so boring,  grabbing is complicated i guess.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Im one of those people who will openly call out a Slashing only Jason for being complete trash.  

I mean, if the Jason player had to slash.. thats totally understandable.     But the ones that completely ignore the grabs kills and slash only, can go F themselves. 

Game i was in last night.    Ended up escaping in the two seater with another player.  We sat back and watched this Jason slash everyone to death.     God that was so boring,  grabbing is complicated i guess.

idk, I've been in matches when I hit multiple shift grab kills and got salt thrown my way for that too. That one is usually "buy some new kills, you are trash" If they are pissed its because they are dead, and if they are dead I did my job. The rest is just music to my ears...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

There's nothing wrong with slashing.

Some people deserve it ^_^

I agree with this, nothing wrong with slashing, stop making up "unwritten rules" in game, slash away!!

There does not need to be any more Jason nerfs, OP.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

I agree with this, nothing wrong with slashing, stop making up "unwritten rules" in game, slash away!!

There does not need to be any more Jason nerfs, OP.

I agree with pretty much everyone. But I think it would be cool to have someone revive you from flesh wounds. Obviously, it wouldn’t make sense with grab kills or content kills. I like slashing but never do it cuz people cry about it. 

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

@Jdt827
    If you don't want to get slashed... its pretty simple... Don't attack Jason in groups or he WILL slash you. When you die.... you die.... dead is dead. That IS fair. It is already 7 vs 1 in a timed match, this is not Left 4 Dead. Reviving counselors is WAY TOO BIG OF A BUFF. A group of experienced battle Chads could extend a fight out for the entire length of the match with the ability to revive slashed counselors. That is beyond ridiculous. If you do not want to die.... run AWAY from the psychotic zombie slasher.... This is an extremely simple strategy that works more often then ANY other strategy.... but it amazes me how many people need this pointed out to them.
    If you bought this game expecting to live through every match and beat the crap out of Jason frickin' Voorhees then you bought the wrong game.
    Please explain your logic as to how it is a 'shifty strategy' for the "slasher" to slash. Those that want to fight me get slashed.... those that cry about me slashing... get slashed. It is simply the most effective way to deal with groups that want to fight or people that try to tell you how to play. Also great for slowing down hard to catch counselors, which is already made difficult enough with the quantities of med sprays..... there are MANY extremely skilled counselor players out there.
    Try playing Jason and fighting a group that knows what they are doing without slashing, let me know how that goes for you... keep in mind, I have done it more times then I care to count.
    Slashing is Jason's only viable strategy when fighting groups, particularly if the group actually knows what they are doing. If this needs to be explained to you, then you are VERY new to this game. You risk death getting in Jason's face and there are a great many med sprays in the game even without anyone using the medic perk.... I often find six med sprays myself in one match.
     I have fought groups that took seemingly 80 to 100 slashes to bring them all down with all of the med sprays that are in game as it is now. I didn't count each slash, but how many times do you think Jason can slash over 12 minutes? I have had fights with the battle Chads that lasted that long..... your suggestion will double, triple, quadruple the number of slashes required, quite possibly even more... but the match only lasts twenty minutes. How is that fair exactly? And Just how many times do you think Jason should have to kill one counselor?
     The only people I have EVER seen complain about getting slashed are the same people that roam in groups trying to beat the crap out of Jason and are damned good at striking him before he can perform a grab kill and freeing their friend.... hence why slashing is the ONLY viable tactic when fighting them. Anyone complaining about a Jason player that slashes at all is acting like a spoiled rotten whiny little child. If some one wants to slash under ANY circumstances.... they will slash. No amount of crying is ever going to change that.

@Qcici If a 'douchebag' Jason camps ANY objective... he runs the risk of every other objective being completed and losing pretty much every potential kill in the game. When you see this, the counselors are camping the objective waiting for Jason to leave, he is just trying to kill them. That is how it works from Jason's side of play EVERY time people have said I was camping an objective. Why would I leave the area if half (or more) of the counselors are nearly within my grasp? Should I just leave and take a chance that some one might be on some random spot of the map, or try to kill the counselors that I know are nearby?

This would not change anything regarding groups. He can still slash. Reviving someone should be the same type of challenge as a repair. It’s not s quick one and done. If Jason camps a dead counselor, that’s great. Gives everyone else time to repair cars and boats. Also, if you can only revive someone who’s been slashed, that leaves a highly unlikeliness it will even be used often. 

Explain my logic? I explained perfectly. The vast majority of players don’t like slashing. I clearly stated I don’t have a problem with it. But I recognize it as an issue for many people who find it boring and unentertaining. I think there is massive room for the game to evolve from just 20 minute rounds. Especially when now, we are expected to sit through other people’s game play after we die or we are sent to the salt mines. No one wants to sit there and watch other people play. I am confident the market for people who want to see the game evolve in content and gameplay is much bigger than the market who just want things to stay the same with the exception of new counselors every so often. 

10 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Hmm... What counselors were ever revived in any of the movies? Tommy is the only one I remember.

It's a common slasher movie trope to have the guy everyone thought was dead come back and help to save the day (thinking of the Sergeant? in Jason X as one example).

I think this is actually a pretty good idea, and it's still balanced.  Maybe make it cost two health sprays and some other penalty, but I kinda like it.

41 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

I agree with pretty much everyone. But I think it would be cool to have someone revive you from flesh wounds. Obviously, it wouldn’t make sense with grab kills or content kills. I like slashing but never do it cuz people cry about it. 

Ignore them and do it more, they have no right to tell you how to play.

13 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

It's a common slasher movie trope to have the guy everyone thought was dead come back and help to save the day (thinking of the Sergeant? in Jason X as one example).

I think this is actually a pretty good idea, and it's still balanced.  Maybe make it cost two health sprays and some other penalty, but I kinda like it.

Thanks! It doesn’t seem to be a popular idea though. I just want to see something new and interesting added and I love the idea of having a chance to stay in game longer. 

18 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

The biker guy in part 3 was presumed dead till the end. Tommy was slashed out cold in part 5. Also, it doesn’t need to be from a movie. The game can have it’s own ideas too.

I think it would be a fine addition....if healing is reworked. 

The way it works now is a little hokey, tank a bear trap walk away holding your shoulder, spray and your good to go.

If damage was more specific, just in general not to the point of being game breaking and other ways to heal or stave off injury were introduced, this would be a cool addition. Bleeding effects would be a step to far in my mind, they are to big of a nerf to counselors but the time limit on recovery could represent that effect.

Tape can be used to hold a wound closed. Bear trap or slashing wounds. Up one wound level.

Bandages recover some health. Useable on all injuries but most effective on slashes, traps and window damage. Up two wound levels.

Spray moves you up one damage level per use (modified by perks), double if tape or bandages are used.

Each one would take a set number of seconds, animation time, new animations would be needed for this obviously it would take awhile to appear in the game. 

This would make attempted suicide hilarious....just made myself laugh, when I pictured it, I saw a counselor throw themselves through a window yesterday and this time I imagined them hitting the ground. Then just wiggling there to injured to get up. 

Jason should be able to pick up downed characters, then preform a grab or environmental kill at his leisure. 

Jason should be able to drop them again, say in front of a cabin to act as bait.

Counselors should be able to crawl after a short time, 30 seconds. New perks could modify this, maybe even allow you to use healing while in the prone state. 

Counselors should have the option to just die and give Jason his xp, the last counselor is downed by slashing they die immediately, Jason shouldn't be able to hold the lobby hostage wandering around getting that last environmental kill. 

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

idk, I've been in matches when I hit multiple shift grab kills and got salt thrown my way for that too. That one is usually "buy some new kills, you are trash" If they are pissed its because they are dead, and if they are dead I did my job. The rest is just music to my ears...

Throwing salt at someone for pulling off a good shift grab doesn't make sense.    Its the dying that made them complain.    (Which dying is part of the game)

For me.. Its not about competition, wining or losing.   Its all about entertainment.   When i play as Jason i do my best to kill everyone but slash kills is a last resort never a 1st option.  So when i play with someone who thinks the opposite I instantly clash with that type of player.

To me its basically this....   If all the Jason player does is SLASH kill or do the same damn grab kill.   They can go fuck themselves.  They waste my time.  They bore me, win or lose.   I don't like these types of players at all.   

Now if Jason is getting swarmed..or doesn't have the time to pull off anything other then Slashing or a Head Punch..  Thats totaly understandable.    Slash them all, for all i care.

Alls i know is, if the game had only 1 head punch kill and slashing.. I wouldn't play this game.  So i never want to play with someone who makes the game into that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think it would be a fine addition....if healing is reworked. 

The way it works now is a little hokey, tank a bear trap walk away holding your shoulder, spray and your good to go.

If damage was more specific, just in general not to the point of being game breaking and other ways to heal or stave off injury were introduced, this would be a cool addition. Bleeding effects would be a step to far in my mind, they are to big of a nerf to counselors but the time limit on recovery could represent that effect.

Tape can be used to hold a wound closed. Bear trap or slashing wounds. Up one wound level.

Bandages recover some health. Useable on all injuries but most effective on slashes, traps and window damage. Up two wound levels.

Spray moves you up one damage level per use (modified by perks), double if tape or bandages are used.

Each one would take a set number of seconds, animation time, new animations would be needed for this obviously it would take awhile to appear in the game. 

This would make attempted suicide hilarious....just made myself laugh, when I pictured it, I saw a counselor throw themselves through a window yesterday and this time I imagined them hitting the ground. Then just wiggling there to injured to get up. 

Jason should be able to pick up downed characters, then preform a grab or environmental kill at his leisure. 

Jason should be able to drop them again, say in front of a cabin to act as bait.

Counselors should be able to crawl after a short time, 30 seconds. New perks could modify this, maybe even allow you to use healing while in the prone state. 

Counselors should have the option to just die and give Jason his xp, the last counselor is downed by slashing they die immediately, Jason shouldn't be able to hold the lobby hostage wandering around getting that last environmental kill. 

I love all of this. You took a general idea and mapped out some great rules around it. I wish everyone was a little more open minded to how the idea could work instead of affirming that it can’t. 

It's an interesting idea but I dont feel there's enough time in a match to make it all work. I like the idea of jason baiting counsellors into helping others, maybe they enter a status where they scream for help and it flags the injured on map but would people risk it and bother, it's hard enough getting a group to fix objectives sometimes. 

Only problem with slashing I see is it's boring ( but so is someone using the same kill every time). I think your idea is interesting but a bit unbalanced. Maybe cut the time for someone to find them down to 60-90 seconds and you can only revive them if Jason isn't nearby. Perhaps also add a qte.

12 hours ago, Ahab said:

You'd be REALLY surprised how some Jason players will literally throw logic out the window-- Well, Idk how it is on PC, but on PS4 they sometimes throw logic out the window. Plus it would be annoying seeing a Jason circle over your body for 3 minutes, which is ironic because it would be JASON bullying and trolling the counselor instead of Vice Versa.

To further prove my point:

Yesterday I was in a match against a level 33 Part 9 Jason. I noticed that he was going after someone in the house, I decided to dance to regain my stamina and not look like an idiot standing still. The moment the Jason saw me dancing, he literally lost his shit and started chasing me for like 5 minutes straight. I was in a house then he sees someone else start dancing, then HE starts chasing them! Let's not forget that during those 5 minutes he chased me, the police was called and HE DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH. HE STILL WENT AND CHASED ME XD.

At the end of the match, everyone was bullying Jason at the cop spawn for like 4 minutes. Unfortunately someone did die because they weren't paying attention. All in all, he only got 1/8 kills for throwing logic out the window. This also further explains my point that people in the game are driven by weak emotion sometimes... 

14 minutes ago, Qcici said:

You'd be REALLY surprised how some Jason players will literally throw logic out the window-- Well, Idk how it is on PC, but on PS4 they sometimes throw logic out the window. Plus it would be annoying seeing a Jason circle over your body for 3 minutes, which is ironic because it would be JASON bullying and trolling the counselor instead of Vice Versa.

Actually this is why I think you should be able to give up when in this state giving Jason the XP, you'd just move on to your next game and not worry about it. Control of your counselor could be given to a bot, and if Jason wants to camp a bot or environmental kill them it would still eat up time and let other players do objectives. 

It would fix suicide, and could play out in funny ways, so it should at least be tried out (after they release the update of course).

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Actually this is why I think you should be able to give up when in this state giving Jason the XP, you'd just move on to your next game and not worry about it. Control of your counselor could be given to a bot, and if Jason wants to camp a bot or environmental kill them it would still eat up time and let other players do objectives. 

They would get some salt points though and could end up in the salt mines. That's why i'm not fond with this gameplay mechanic where they just collapse on the ground for 3 minutes with a Jason hovering over them...

I'm pretty sure they clarified that leaving after your dead, doesn't give you salt. 

The give up and die from your wounds prompt should happen immediately, if you select it during the thirty seconds your laying immobile. Then you could leave without gaining any salt, as per normal. If you choose to stay your at Jason's mercy, but there's still hope. The bot thing would just be icing, Jason baits you outside Packanack and you Rez the person, just for them to run into the stairs or car endlessly.

@Qcici, it definitely needs to be tested, and could be part of a different mode, but I could see it being implemented poorly so maybe your not wrong to worry.

(It would be interesting to see the world through the bots eyes when you do spectate. Why do they do the things they do. If the bots managed to kill Jason after all but Tommy were dead, it would be hilarious.)