I know it's going to bug people to read that but it just does.

As Jason, you deal with nothing but the lamest shit every game.

A loop around furniture that the supernatural killer can't move, chasing a window vault, or a car full of people that each have the capability of easily stunning you while a med spray heals through your weapon damage. Nevermind the shit mini-game of keeping the destroyed car, destroyed, while trying to manage the counselors.

Then you have this inaccurate shift that is supposed to make up for all of it and it doesn't because even if you use it successfully you still deal with a plethora of pocket knives.

You can stop people from disconnecting with the Salt Mines but you can't make people want to play it.

It's just bad and your team is taking all this time to deal with console issues while PC is dying.

For fuck's sake, I can't play Savini if I choose Jason to be random and mute flat out doesn't work.

You dudes made a lot of money and so far the experience is marginally better than a fertilizer breakfast.

I've tried playing the last two days and quit after just a game. 

Both of the games I was Jason, did 6+ or better kills and still had no fun.

The mechanics and the polish are shit. Complete tedium.

The combat is supposed to require skill yet is wonky and doesn't allow for much more than luck.

I can imagine being Jason both of those games was no coincidence, no one else wants the job.

I can't honestly see a point where this team will fix it before there is no one left who wants to play it.

I can't even tell if the devs understand the issues or how bad it sucks to play.

It isn't a git gud issue, because I am good. I can leave for months and still come back and slaughter. But being good doesn't make the game fun.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Caliph said:

As Jason, you deal with nothing but the lamest shit every game.

True

A loop around furniture that the supernatural killer can't move, chasing a window vault, or a car full of people that each have the capability of easily stunning you while a med spray heals through your weapon damage.

Well.. That would affect balancing in the game..

2 minutes ago, Caliph said:

You can stop people from disconnecting with the Salt Mines but you can't make people want to play it.

They'll have to learn from the salt mines, simple as that.

3 minutes ago, Caliph said:

It's just bad and your team is taking all this time to deal with console issues while PC is dying.

Console is priority because that's where the majority of the playerbase is from. PC has less than a thousand players. They're not going to divert all their attention to a smaller crowd of people (ironically PC is the smaller crowd and not console.)

4 minutes ago, Caliph said:

For fuck's sake, I can't play Savini if I choose Jason to be random and mute flat out doesn't work.

Then just pick Savini...

5 minutes ago, Caliph said:

You dudes made a lot of money and so far the experience is marginally better than a fertilizer breakfast.

Lmao I've never heard of a fertilizer breakfeast

5 minutes ago, Caliph said:

I've tried playing the last two days and quit after just a game. 

That's me when I try to play Overwatch as Widowmaker and everyone wants to tunnel me. 

6 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Both of the games I was Jason, did 5+ or better kills and still had no fun.

Tbh it's not really fun unless the other side is actually scared. It's nice to be able to play Jason and all, but it isn't really fun. I 100% agree w/ you.

7 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Could you elaborate more?

8 minutes ago, Caliph said:

I'm ranting right now because I can't honestly see a point where this team will fix it before there is no one left who wants to play it.

They're gonna fix it, but they're dog-shit devs. I've NEVER seen devs who are completely lousy on the job. Like @DocEss said in another thread, the team of Gun Media and Illfonic are basically fucking clowning around at this point; actually not even, they've been clowning around since the BEGINNING. Other game devs like the team working on Dead By Daylight is celebrating their 1-year anniversary on a good note, with glitches not game-breaking like in Friday the 13th and consistent new content being released over and over. 

Honestly, Gun Media and Illfonic are full of shit-bags who obviously don't know how to correctly run a game whatsoever, it's completely unprofessional and oblivious. Again, like @DocEss said, I've NEVER seen a team act like this EVER! They always claim that they're "Hauling ass" when they try to get something in, but honestly, I don't believe it. The only true professional act that they first performed, was when they announced that Paranoia may be cancelled or delayed. Other than that, everything is just a disappointment on their atrocious behavior...

14 minutes ago, Qcici said:
38 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Could you elaborate more?

Yes, no matter how accurate you attempt to be it feels wonky.  Unpolished. What further elaboration do you need?

Just about everything that should require finesse and feel smooth to pull off doesn't. It feels more like luck and always rough.

Swinging a weapon, precision course correction while shifting, weapon swings, environment interaction, object loops, etc.

A poorly programmed experience isn't a part of balancing, it's just shit programming.

Just now, Caliph said:

Yes, no matter how accurate you attempt to be it feels wonky.  Unpolished. What further elaboration do you need?

Just about everything that should require finesse and feel smooth to pull off doesn't.

Swinging a weapon, precision course correction while shifting, weapon swings, environment interaction, etc.

A poorly programmed experience isn't a part of balancing, it's just shit programming.

Omg yeessss... They really need to fix the damn hit detection in the godamn game. You don't know how many damn times I die to Jason because I'm literally swinging at a body who phases through my bat. The devs are so fucking lousy.

15 minutes ago, Qcici said:
39 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Then just pick Savini...

I don't want to pick Savini, I want to pick random and occasionally play Savini.

I don't want to pick Savini, I want to pick random and occasionally play Savini.

But why though

Hit detection is very broken.

The weapon that shows it going through Jason 80% of the time is the Pan. Like seriously it looks so awkward seeing a piece of cookware going through Jason, at least the Pot has a better chance at hitting.

I actually think the game is amazing, it’s just so plagued by countless bugs and problems, and the devs have essentially gone into hiding and left the fanbase high and dry. If a major update does not come soon this game will be remembered as something that couldve been amazing had the devs not screwed the pooch.

• Like 1

It has its issue but good grief it's just s game. There's just some things you aren't going to be able to do because it's not real. Like moving the furniture. It's kind of like GTA in that aspect. 

And I see plenty of Jasons hold their own against good counsellors. And some have mastered the shift grab/slash method.

sounds like you need more practice. But if you think the game is so bad why do you play it?

No game is 100% perfect. Each game has it's flaws and problems... and while some studios may just release a shit game initially and then patch after patch (looking at you EA... and others), Gun is working on fixing things with the upcoming patch. @Caliph, while you have your own opinion, others may or may not share said opinion. Myself? Yeah, the game has issues... but I can accept it for what it is : A game. Do I have fun playing it? Yup. At the end of the day, that's all I care about.

4 hours ago, Caliph said:

It isn't a git gud issue, because I am good. I can leave for months and still come back and slaughter. But being good doesn't make the game fun.

Based on what you’ve said, I disagree. You complain about looping and window vaulting when both are easily counterable (window vaulting is in Jason’s favour since that is an easy 50% damage with glass + knife). So you definitely have a lot to learn. Maybe consider asking for help instead of incessantly ranting, you might enjoy the game more. The reason why you think combat is “wonky” is simply because you don’t understand it yet.

Been playing at least twice a week for a year with, more or less, the same group of people. I had zero friends on my xbox friends list before I played, but since starting I've made lasting personal connections (I met my best friend through this game) and professional ones (I started writing at Dread Central because of people I met through this game) and, aside from that period early this year when Jason sucked (TOO MANY POCKET KNIVES) I've pretty consistently had a blast. 

So, you know, maybe - JUST maybe - the problem isn't the game.

Rather than dish out warnings and lock this thread, I'm going to say something and I want people to remember this.

Yes, you're all entitled to your opinion - no problem with that - but be adults about it. Calling the developers 'shit bags' and similar names is childish. You can leave such phrases out of your personal 'reviews'; you can express your displeasure but don't throw your toys out of the pram about it. Put it across in a way that's constructive and useful to read. How is insulting the developers going to help better the game, and who would want to read your opinion if it's mostly angry insults?

These are people you are talking about. People have feelings and emotions, and these people have been working hard for a long time for us. It's so easy to complain about little things and forget everything else.

I don't want to see any more of these hate filled 'opinions' (mostly just anger fueled insults). Remember when you say 'the devs are <profanity>, <profanity> and <profanity>', they are people just as we are and the forum rules state no flaming or antagonising. Post sensibly and reasonably.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4