Sign in to follow this  
guitar.zombie

Should Jason be harder to kill? Make Tommy harder to call

Curious on peoples thoughts about this.  It seems like if you can get Jason's mask off, which isn't super hard if you have a few people that know how to fight and smack Jason when bursting through doors.  Once that mask is off, its real easy to kill him, unless the player actually knows whats up and hides in the water.  I was thinking what ways can make the game harder for that to happen without changing the game? 

The first thing I thought was making it harder to Tommy to come.  I think like 19 out of 20 games he shows up.  To make it harder maybe

1) Find a part to fix the radio, just like the phone.  Or

2) Start with all the generators off and need to be repaired.  I think this is a bad idea, but its still an idea.

3) Jason can see what cabin has the radio on the map at the start and destroy the generator early.  Sometimes you get lucky and its the first one you go to, and can see the tower in the distance.  Destory and trap.

ok, then what about not having Jason players always run from councelors when then can see they're going for a Jason kill?  The only thing I can think of, is make whoever is wearing the sweater invisible to Jason so they can't see the sweater on the councelor, of course unless theres 2 players left and one is Tommy.  Just ideas.  Thoughts?  Has this been brought up before?

• Like 1

I think that they should develop a new way to kill Jason altogether. They should still have the shack and the sweater to use as a stun item, but when it comes to the kill they should have it stop working. And on top of that they shouldn’t even tell people there is a new way until people start complaining about the “glitch”.  

Or maybe even keep the Tommy kill but add a second kill and then randomize which of the two will work every match. 

It is too easy for large groups to deal with and kill Jason. Was thinking maybe Tommy's radio should require a missing part to get it working, but, Tommy is like a second chance for players unfortunate enough to die early. Not sure if making Tommy harder to call is such a good idea. I do however think that Jason shouldn't be as vunerable as he is when he loses his mask.

21 minutes ago, Elias Voorhees said:

It is too easy for large groups to deal with and kill Jason. Was thinking maybe Tommy's radio should require a missing part to get it working, but, Tommy is like a second chance for players unfortunate enough to die early. Not sure if making Tommy harder to call is such a good idea. I do however think that Jason shouldn't be as vunerable as he is when he loses his mask.

This is certainly a good point, but I feel some people who get killed don't even wait that long because the chance of them being Tommy is small.  And ones that don't get  chosen sometimes just leave anyway and sacrifice the XP

You def should have to find something to fix the radio. We simply need more comprehensive objectives. Last year someone suggested adding a one-shot rifle and a pocket knife that spawns in a locked gun case in a random cabin. You have to find the key to open it. Someone also suggested that the frequency for Tommy Jarvis should have to be found on a message board or notebook before being able to call. Someone also suggested a locked safe with times you also have to find a key for. These are just examples of objectives worth adding to the game to enhance the gameplay. 

All that needs to be done is that Jason knows where the generator is that powers the radio house. Jason can then trap that generator if he sees fit. We don't need a big overhaul, we don't need parts to fix the shit, we don't need stuff to start off turned off. Simple knowledge would help by giving Jason another option. Does he go to a generator or does he go to a car/boat/phone at any given time.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

All that needs to be done is that Jason knows where the generator is that powers the radio house. Jason can then trap that generator if he sees fit. We don't need a big overhaul, we don't need parts to fix the shit, we don't need stuff to start off turned off. Simple knowledge would help by giving Jason another option. Does he go to a generator or does he go to a car/boat/phone at any given time.

...which is why I suggested that idea.

2 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

...which is why I suggested that idea.

Indeed. I'm mostly noting the other suggestions put out there. 

I do agree for a second kill but one as final survivor ( or tommy Alone ) if they are strong enough to survive alone you might kill him by hitting him until is dead or something like that but to do that they need to make Jason less vulnerable.

14 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

All that needs to be done is that Jason knows where the generator is that powers the radio house. Jason can then trap that generator if he sees fit.

This is the best, easiest solution. Give Jason an icon for the Tommy radio house on his map, and let him decide what to do from there.

5 hours ago, Super Ty said:

This is the best, easiest solution. Give Jason an icon for the Tommy radio house on his map, and let him decide what to do from there.

Even better. Jason would still have to guess what generator to hit. Most times it's common sense, but sometimes two are close enough it could be either one. More random=more shenanigans and shenanigans in this game are fun. 

The icon for the radio would be good and make alot of sense, after all Jason lives there and knows where everything else is, why wouldn't he know the radios location? I also wouldn't oppose upping Jason's hit points so the mask is harder to remove. 

This has actually become something of an issue, hasn't it? The combination of Tommy + Sweater Girl is very overpowered and there are far too many people in lobbies that have mastered their use. Blocking will break their weapons but it won't stop Tommy's shotgun. The second the stun wears off there isn't enough time to get a block up before you get hit with the ax. He can effectively get chain stunned from then on until the mask comes off and then you're toast. When there are groups that go lobby to lobby, match to match and manage to kill Jason in almost every single one, you gotta know that the game is unbalanced. Every other aspect of the game seems to have an effective counter measure. If Jason does X, counselor can do Y. If counselor does X, Jason can do Y.  But seemingly not in this case. Against a seasoned vet you basically have to rely upon a sweater glitch in order to not die. It's no wonder so many people hide in the lake.  I wouldn't mind so much, but most of the Jason killers seem to have counselor set as a preference so they never have to be on the receiving end. 

I know, I know: "Git Gud."  That would be a lot easier to do if I was able to play Jason more than once every four hour period (with Jason set as a preference at that). 

And marking the radio on the map might help, but there always seems to be one person that spawns inside or just outside that house. I couldn't tell you how many times I have called Tommy in the first 30 seconds of the game. It's been a lot!

• Like 1

On April 21, 2018 at 9:59 AM, thrawn3054 said:

Jason's hit points so the mask is harder to remove. 

this is best idea

I don't know how I feel about this subject. I have never been killed as Jason but I have done plenty of killing. It's too easy to just wipe out the sweater girl and call it a day. But I have seen some new players get stomped through the ground. I guess it depends who is playing.

2 hours ago, Loading said:

Just increase his mask hp and remove chain stunning.

These are simple fixes.

True. It takes two to three hits most times to knock off the mask with a machete or ax. That doesn’t even come close to a fair fight against, at minimum, Tommy with a knife and spray, and a sweater girl who is also likely packing a knife and running the medic and thick skin perk. I’m not looking for “fair”, per se, but good grief Charlie Brown!

And I’ve thought about it for a few hours and I definitely think the radio should be on Jason’s map, if only for the fact that realistically speaking it should be the one objective in the game that Jason always knows where it is because of the 20 FOOT BLINKING TOWER ON THE ROOF! lol

I always felt Jason should be able to put his mask back on, making it very important to make sure it is picked up and kept away from him. But if Jason kills the person who is carrying it, he can put it back on and the whole process starts over.

• Like 1