I heard there are things you can do that enable rage mode prior to halfway through the game, for example; destroying hiding spots supposedly help enable it faster... can anyone confirm this?

Each time you get hit or get stabbed with a pocket knife it goes up. No idea about the hiding spots.

13 minutes ago, megaweenieman said:

I heard there are things you can do that enable rage mode prior to halfway through the game, for example; destroying hiding spots supposedly help enable it faster... can anyone confirm this?

Destroying hiding spots doesn't so much "up rage" as it does spend more time. The only things that add rage are:

-getting hit by a counselor's weapon

-getting shot by a counselor's shotgun

-getting shot by a counselor's flare gun

-getting stunned by a counselor's firecracker

-getting stabbed by a counselor's pocket knife

-stepping in a beartrap

-a counselor breaking free of your grasp

Being shot by the cops, breaking doors, windows, hiding places, walls, grabbing knives, and killing counselors doesn't do anything to Rage.

4 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Destroying hiding spots doesn't so much "up rage" as it does spend more time. The only things that add rage are:

-stepping in a beartrap

Being shot by the cops, breaking doors, windows, hiding places, walls, grabbing knives, and killing counselors doesn't do anything to Rage.

Pocket Knifes and Counselors, breaking free from your grasp, does not increase Rage. 

4 hours ago, megaweenieman said:

The most safest and fastest way is to block weapon attacks from Counselors. 

4 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

-stepping in a beartrap

Sums it all up.

I witnessed a guy go into rage 2 minutes into the match.  I assumed there is some grand cheat code for this.  He had buddies in the room maybe they hit him while he blocked.  Idk.  It was either a code or a very coordinated effort by some loser kid with too much time on his hands

keep in mind that its easier to lose your mask during rage & taking all that damage is NOT good for jason, rage be damned.. youre better off learning how to avoid taking damage. then again, it probably wont matter if youre not in the lobby with a bunch of psychopath jason hunters ha ha ha but seriously, avoiding damage is very important imo. use block to gain rage if ya really want to be raging that soon.

1 hour ago, glowing ooze said:

keep in mind that its easier to lose your mask during rage

Not anymore since stuns and non stuns do the same damage now.

6 hours ago, MakeItNaschy said:

I witnessed a guy go into rage 2 minutes into the match.  I assumed there is some grand cheat code for this.  He had buddies in the room maybe they hit him while he blocked.  Idk.  It was either a code or a very coordinated effort by some loser kid with too much time on his hands

No cheat code. He just stood in block while his buddies beat the shit out of him.