Sign in to follow this  
Horrorking138

Places Jason can't find/sense counselors?

So, I was playing a match last night with my friends that I always play with. We were on Jarvis map, and I was Jason (Savini). I got down to the last person, and I had rage. The guy was hiding somewhere, and I could Not sense him no matter where I went. Killed the power boxes, still nothing. He ended up surviving because I could not find him,  and when the match was over, none of them would tell me where he was. I had this happen once before with a rando, and they told me after that he was on one of the docks or something. So, my question is, does anyone know of a specific spot on Jarvis, or any map,  where Jason can't see counselors, and they don't show up on sense, even in rage? I mean, I can't really blame them for not telling me where he was, but if there is some magic spot, I don't want to look like a chump every time, either.

The reason why you couldn’t Sense him is probably because he had Sense avoidance perks on. The counter to this is spamming Sense, on 1 second then turn off, repeat until found. Sense cooldown is only refilling the amount you used, so in this way it can be spammed. The perks only operate on chance so you are guaranteed to catch them eventually.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There used to be some glitches like hiding behind doors in the Jarvis building, and something about hiding behind a cabinet, but those were patched a while back.

I think, at least. This game has an issue of recurring bugs popping up out of nowhere. Really hoping the upcoming game engine update starts off smooth, because there's a laundry list of bug issues I'd love to see gone for sure.

3 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

There used to be some glitches like hiding behind doors in the Jarvis building, and something about hiding behind a cabinet, but those were patched a while back.

The Sense glitches are only limited to players hugging a certain spot of the cabin to light it up, without actually being inside. All Jason has to do is look around the exterior of the cabin to find them. Good example is the Packanack lodge.

If such spots exist, do not post them here, report them to the devs instead. We don't need a new wave of exploiters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check by Jason's cabin. I have found people hiding out by there. Sense range only goes so far, and cabin is in middle of nowhere on most maps..

20 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Check by Jason's cabin. I have found people hiding out by there. Sense range only goes so far, and cabin is in middle of nowhere on most maps..

This and the fringes of the map, there's a spot on the north side of Higgins I had someone hiding outside of my sense range. Check the boat exits people have tried hiding there also.

11 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

This and the fringes of the map, there's a spot on the north side of Higgins I had someone hiding outside of my sense range. Check the boat exits people have tried hiding there also.

I still don't get it though. Where is the fun factor in crouch hiding in the middle of nowhere for 20mins?

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I still don't get it though. Where is the fun factor in crouch hiding in the middle of nowhere for 20mins?

Who said those people care about fun, It's all about Winning and being better than everyone else by... Hiding! 

The most common place the sense-avoidance perk-users seem to hide is in the water, near a map edge, behind a piece of land like a hill. There is another sense avoidance that works in the water, so they go there to stack them up. 

Also, even in rage, Sense doesn't cover 100% of the map, correct? He could have been at the tippy-tip edge somewhere....sometimes they are hard to spot because the distance makes them so small. If you don't look right where he is and kind of just spin in circles you can miss 'em. 

13 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

Also, even in rage, Sense doesn't cover 100% of the map, correct?

Correct, you will not see someone if they are out of range.

At 14 minutes rage kicks in and I still have to search for the guy but I found him.

22 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

Who said those people care about fun, It's all about Winning and being better than everyone else by... Hiding! 

Ha, yeah now that I think about it, they usually are pissed when I find them. Call me a teamer or cheater for finding them.

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Ha, yeah now that I think about it, they usually are pissed when I find them. Call me a teamer or cheater for finding them.

Wait Seriously... That's just sad 

And Somewhat Hypocritical, The "Bug Abusers/Cheaters" Are Calling someone else a Cheater!

4 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

Wait Seriously... That's just sad 

And Somewhat Hypocritical, The "Bug Abusers/Cheaters" Are Calling someone else a Cheater!

ehh its QP. I just roll with it. Played 4 games last night and the first 3 had actual Jason teamers.. I just use the experience to improve my game. Jason chasing you for 18 mins is pretty exciting...

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

ehh its QP. I just roll with it. Played 4 games last night and the first 3 had actual Jason teamers.. I just use the experience to improve my game. Jason chasing you for 18 mins is pretty exciting...

WELL Surviving for 18 mins while Jason is chasing you makes you actually pretty good!

1 minute ago, SmugDoka said:

WELL Surviving for 18 mins while Jason is chasing you makes you actually pretty good!

Or was a really bad Jason. He got me with a minute left, but I was AJ.. :lol:

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Or was a really bad Jason. He got me with a minute left, but I was AJ.. :lol:

Either one still proves that you didn't mess up

I'm a trash Jason but Even I don't don't take 18 mins to kill someone, Especially Low Stam/Speed counselor like AJ. 

There's only one map I know of where you can hide so far away that Jason can't sense you.

His shack is a good hiding spot but you need to get in there earlier in the match and hope he doesn't come over when he gets alerted.  If you've been in the shack since the 5 minute mark or so, there's no way he would think of going there at the 15 minute mark to look for you.  And the fact it tends to be out of the way from everything else.  I have seen people hide on the side of the shack late in the game for the same end result of surviving. 

Just now, SirMang said:

There's only one map I know of where you can hide so far away that Jason can't sense you.

His shack is a good hiding spot but you need to get in there earlier in the match and hope he doesn't come over when he gets alerted.  If you've been in the shack since the 5 minute mark or so, there's no way he would think of going there at the 15 minute mark to look for you.  And the fact it tends to be out of the way from everything else.  I have seen people hide on the side of the shack late in the game for the same end result of surviving. 

Well when I am Jason and I can't find the last person, this is actually the FIRST place I morph to.

It is better to play with a high stealth charterer (like AJ) and use homebody, low profile, and level headed. Stay away from cabins late, and stay crouched.