Deputy Dewey Boy

Anybody else not too fond of Tommy Tapes

To clarify,

did anyone else dislike the direction that the tapes took Tommy's life? The middle of the tapes just feels like a reference fest, mentioning the hospital from nightmare was a nice touch considering how close the series now, but then it feels like a tourist guide to horror locations and gets ridiculous. And I love a lot of the movies mentioned but frankly I think the only other one that should've been included was Glen Echo and maybe Hatchet.

No offense to the writer but personally I felt that was a bit much. But having Tommy institutionalized after Part VI just left a bad taste in my mouth. I always felt that with Jason at the bottom of the lake Tommy would finally start a new more healthy life but apparently not. I know the game could be considered it's on canon and it's not like this changes anything in the films but with Tommy being one of my favorite characters in the franchise, I was really looking forward to these and was a little let down.

thoughts?

I was a little confused by them, as Tommy's stats seem to indicate he's in batman like shape. The head cannon I have right now is that we only have half the story. When all the maps have been released we'll get the Dukes tapes. Tommy was at each of those institutions to hunt the monster that was associated with it. Tommy was recruited by game universe Duke to hunt the unkillable, getting ready to take Jason down for good. Tommy wasn't crazy he was testing Freddy's daughter, and making reports to Duke through Tina or another psychic. 

Then again I want this game to eventually tell the most coherent F13 story ever, not expecting it but still, it would be awesome. 

I just consider them pretty irrelevant. The story is not ‘real,’ the acting is awful, and you don’t even get a trophy for collecting them all. Some Tina Tapes would be more interesting. Fans have been calling for Tina to be added as another hero or Sherif Garris since the game came out. Tommy is a wuss and hardly a hero. Even Ginny is that bitch and showed the importance of being able to outwit Jason. She should be a hero but fuck the fans’ opinion right?

1 hour ago, Bignewtdawg said:

I don’t know. I can’t find any of the damn things

Same. I've got 19/20 Pamela tapes but 0 Tommy tapes. I wonder if you can even get them before you get all the Pamela tapes.

I would like some Chris Higgins tapes. I'd be interested to see how she handled the aftermath of facing Jason again. If she recovered from the traumatized state we last saw her in.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

I would like some Chris Higgins tapes. I'd be interested to see how she handled the aftermath of facing Jason again. If she recovered from the traumatized state we last saw her in.

Woah I never even thought of that, that'd be wonderful!

Some of the information on both of the tapes has been weird. For starters, apparently Elias Voorhees is Jason's stepfather now instead of his biological father, and the fact the owners of the original Camp Crystal Lake didn't pick up on the idea that Pamela was completely insane seems too campy to be true.

The Tommy tapes were basically just references to a bunch of unrelated horror movies. I'm still of the mindset that Tommy eventually hooked up with Megan, and by the time Jason became a threat Tommy had long since passed away, leaving way to a new generation of campy teenagers having to fight Jason himself. Although Never Hike Alone was a cool side movie as well, so I don't know, maybe Tommy lived a happier life until some dumbass hiker happened to get caught up in the madness. I gotta watch that movie again, starting to forget some of the plot stuff.