1 hour ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I doubt will get anything substantial today. So let’s not set ourselves up for disappointment.

Removing the unlock level on weapon switching seems like the obvious play. We'll have to wait and see though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

Removing the unlock level on weapon switching seems like the obvious play. We'll have to wait and see though. 

I don't think that is going to happen. Although it is a small sample size, a poll I made showed the forum community is split almost 50/50 concerning changing the level for weapon swap. I think this it's a decent indicator of the community as a whole.  People are just going to have to level up to swap weapons. 

16 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I have been playing all morning on Quick Play. Good times so far.

PS4?? I played three matches last night. I was Tommy the first two games (on purpose). The first two Jason’s rage quit while getting killed. I’m a level 150, so it didn’t bother me, but no one got the XP for killing Jason because he quit. I hope the update also address this by dealing out the XP regardless of Jason quits or not. There are a ton of cry baby Jason’s on PS4. 

4 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I don't think that is going to happen. Although it is a small sample size, a poll I made showed the forum community is split almost 50/50 concerning changing the level for weapon swap. I think this it's a decent indicator of the community as a whole.  People are just going to have to level up to swap weapons. 

IMO, weapon swapping should be a level 100 unlock. XP/CP is so easy to get. Some counselors don’t contribute to an escape, that why they are still at a low level. HELP FIX SHIT=XP TO LEVEL UP, that simple. Setting these “unlockables” to high level limits, would help encourage players to help out and be more productive players!

1 minute ago, kepps-66 said:

IMO, weapon swapping should be a level 100 unlock. XP/CP is so easy to get. Some counselors don’t contribute to an escape, that why they are still at a low level. HELP FIX SHIT=XP TO LEVEL UP, that simple. Setting these “unlockables” to high level limits, would help encourage players to help out and be more productive players!

A lot are probably quitters as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

Or turn new players off that have to put 100s of hours into a game to get the cool features. Its a dicey roll. Only time will tell how this turns out. Just hoping PC doesn't lose any more players. I truly enjoy playing with or without new cool shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Or turn new players off that have to put 100s of hours into a game to get the cool features. Its a dicey roll. Only time will tell how this turns out. Just hoping PC doesn't lose any more players. I truly enjoy playing with or without new cool shit.

It's not even that huge of a feature... It's just the fact that it's the ONLY high level unlock that really adds to the game in any way. Other than that, we have 3 kills, heavy bloody skins (that you can't see if you set Jason to random), and clothes. Nothing with any real substance. It's about time they added something to work towards. This might not be the right reward, but it's something. I understand your argument, but in my opinion it's not really that important anyway. I feel like a lot of people don't even care about swapping weapons, just the fact that it's locked behind a high level. Did anyone complain when they added the high level kills? I know it's not the exact same thing, but it's the same concept...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

It's not even that huge of a feature... It's just the fact that it's the ONLY high level unlock that really adds to the game in any way. Other than that, we have 3 kills, heavy bloody skins (that you can't see if you set Jason to random), and clothes. Nothing with any real substance. It's about time they added something to work towards. This might not be the right reward, but it's something. I understand your argument, but in my opinion it's not really that important anyway. I feel like a lot of people don't even care about swapping weapons, just the fact that it's locked behind a high level. Did anyone complain when they added the high level kills? I know it's not the exact same thing, but it's the same concept...

Good point and I bet over time they will fill in that gap and it will all make more sense. Just now is so weird cuz like you said there is nothing really high level locked at the moment.

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Good point and I bet over time they will fill in that gap and it will all make more sense. Just now is so weird cuz like you said there is nothing really high level locked at the moment.

Really, the gap starts after unlocking Part 4... After that you have nothing to work towards really unless you care about cosmetics. I'm sure they will get better things added to unlock. I didn't understand why they didn't level lock the new counselors/Roy. Those would've been great to fill the gaps...

I'm just hoping they add more weapons to unlock at some point. Now that they're adding the feature, there's no reason not to add more weapons. That's another reason they should've set it lower though... But I'll take it.

49 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

This just isn't accurate. I escape like 80% of the time, complete at least 1-2 objectives most games, and help other people all the time. My wipe-the-lobby rate as Jason is about 75%, too. I've been playing since launch and have 160 or so hours. And I'm only level 65. 

People that are at level 100+  play MORE than the average player, they aren't the average player. 160 hours feels like more than enough to have earned what should be a basic feature of the game. In my opinion, of course. The initial proposed level was like 130, right? I can't imagine having to play again the amount I already have just to switch my weapons around. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

160 or so hours

It took me at least 500 hours to get to 150. I'm at 656 hours right now...

When you put it that way it really does sound like a lot...

51 minutes ago, Truth said:

Couldnt have said it better. This might not be the right thing but there needs to be something to work towards.

Crossing my fingers for an announcement today We need this update to be out within 3 weeks from today. It cannot be late June and coming out in the full swing of summer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

Shifty confirmed on Twitter on date being announced today. They do know the one year anniversary is next week, right? 

When did you see this? I assumed, but didn't see anything posted.

8 minutes ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

Shifty confirmed on Twitter on date being announced today. They do know the one year anniversary is next week, right? 

Link?

Just now, thrawn3054 said:

It'll be another hour if there's an announcement. 

So speculation and no proof? That’s what this thread is for.

Shifty made a post on Twitter, about a game he played at pax. Someone asked him, about the update confirmed. He replied...Nah.

1 minute ago, Brian76 said:

Shifty made a post on Twitter  about a game he played at pax. Someone asked him, about the update confirmed. He replied...Nah.

Reading comprehension can be difficult for some.

1 minute ago, Brian76 said:

Shifty made a post on Twitter, about a game he played at pax. Someone asked him, about the update confirmed. He replied...Nah.

Bullshit!! I follow Shifty. No post stating anything of the sorts!