This update needs to happen soon (no, really). Its all good for now, but people are slowly beginning to get impatient again (and rightfully so). No, April was not a date and expecting April was wishful thinking, but May is a totally reasonable expectation. June might be okay too, but after that we are getting into delay territory and after everything that has gone on with this game that just won't cut it. Loyal players deserve better than vague statements, recycled news, and apologies without results.

don't get me wrong, patience is a virtue, but patience also runs out. Here's hoping we get the update before mid june. If it was April at the earliest, then May/June seems perfectly reasonable for fans and devs to expect.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mgeoff88 said:

YNQrL.gif

lol, I just realized my phone auto corrected NO to ON for some reason, so it looks like I was saying he confirmed a date announcement. It was the opposite, he was confirming no date was getting announced today. My b on the typo. 

I'm pretty sure they have announced all there is to announce. The last few announcements have been pretty miniscule (and disappointing) and then last week was a live stream. They are losing steam and any further information released until a date for the update is announced will probably just be a teensy little insight into something we already know about.

Yeah, but leave it to GunMedia and it's community manager to get all bent out of shape with the fan base, who get bothered when they don't produce news. News that they have trained their fans to expect every Thursday until this magical update drops. I don't see how anyone who has grown impatient with them can be seen as the bad guy here? They have starved an entire playerbase almost to the point of death, and the player count backs that up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

News that they have trained their fans to expect every Thursday until this magical update drops.

I was honestly wondering how that all started.

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I was honestly wondering how that all started.

They posted some announcement on a Thursday back in February and did it every week until now. So we've had about 4 months of training.

12 minutes ago, piercev3 said:

I was looking forward to the usual Thursday update. When @ShiftySamurai came on and mentioned he was home with a migraine, i lost all hope for any news.

Pretty sure him having a migraine was our news for the week. Next week they will announce that Wes stubbed his toe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, kepps-66 said:

Bullshit!! I follow Shifty. No post stating anything of the sorts!

I wasn’t bullshitting anyone. Lol. Oh well...6tS.gif

I wonder if they were intending to announce the release date today only to find out they failed certification a day or two ago.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I wonder if they were intending to announce the release date today only to find out they failed certification a day or two ago.

Hopefully. Meaning I hope they wait to announce the release date until after it passes certification. That has caused delays before. And that would mean the update would be coming a few days later.

2 hours ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

Yeah, but leave it to GunMedia and it's community manager to get all bent out of shape with the fan base, who get bothered when they don't produce news. News that they have trained their fans to expect every Thursday until this magical update drops. I don't see how anyone who has grown impatient with them can be seen as the bad guy here? They have starved an entire playerbase almost to the point of death, and the player count backs that up. 

This

2 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

So, nobody at Gun is upset with fans.

We apologize if we use vulgar language/actions towards you guys. we know all of you are working hard and I’m thankful.

6 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

So, nobody at Gun is upset with fans.

Seems like you have to tune out a lot of negativity as a community manager. I wouldn’t have the patience to deal with the rude people in this community.

• Thanks 1

If people didn’t care, then they wouldn’t care. They wouldn’t give us crap, they wouldn’t get angry, and they wouldn’t tell us that they were upset. Players only do that when they care about the game. That’s the thing I remember every time I read a “bad” post, comment, Tweet, Reddit message. 

If they didn’t care, then they wouldn’t care. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

If people didn’t care, then they wouldn’t care. They wouldn’t give us crap, they wouldn’t get angry, and they wouldn’t tell us that they were upset. Players only do that when they care about the game. That’s the thing I remember every time I read a “bad” post, comment, Tweet, Reddit message. 

I can wait. I love this damm game.

• Like 2

Hey guys? Maybe we could . . . I don't know . . . STOP tagging Shifty so much?

I mean, unless you WANT your comments to become white noise to him.

#JusSayin

30 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Hey guys? Maybe we could . . . I don't know . . . STOP tagging Shifty so much?

I mean, unless you WANT your comments to become white noise to him.

#JusSayin

I'd say leave the dude alone to shake the migraine. 

So no news huh? 

I thought these guys said they were going to tease us with news every Thursday since January. 

I predicted correctly that they were going to run out of stuff to talk about, and I guess right.

12 hours ago, kepps-66 said:

PS4?? I played three matches last night. I was Tommy the first two games (on purpose). The first two Jason’s rage quit while getting killed. I’m a level 150, so it didn’t bother me, but no one got the XP for killing Jason because he quit. I hope the update also address this by dealing out the XP regardless of Jason quits or not. There are a ton of cry baby Jason’s on PS4. 

Played until the afternoon and had a good time. Good host

If there's no news, that's just the way it is. I think it gets a bit much expecting it on a set day like a newspaper deadline each week.

6 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Thanks for coming online and clearing up any information and I hope the migraine has gone or your feeling a lot better, some people forget then anyone can fall ill and even after you explained why you were quiet today people still went on about being no post or info about the update. People do care a lot about this game as it is fun to play with a group off friends and it can get on peoples nerves not knowing what is going on and can transfer to their post, as a player that enjoys this game thankyou for keeping us informed with changes and any news and being able to deal with the bad post, thankyou for taking the time to come on today to explain what was going on your end you didn't have to till you felt better but doing so showed you care about the game and the players, get some rest on hope you feel better soon.

People care about this game, but the problem is to know for how long yet ? I see a lot of PSN friends who don't play this game unfortunately and I hardly found a game last night, but maybe it's just servers issues.

I really hope the game is not about to die and a lot of people still play but for sure it loses some players.