3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I am thinking Friday the 13th,¬†July.¬†ūüėĄ

I suppose they could release on a random date before that, who knows. But I agree I certainly don’t see it being released this month. An update of this nature is almost certainly to be riddled with bugs at launch as well.

Is it really that low on Steam? My god.ÔĽŅ

It's over. I see Steam as the canary in the coal mine. PS4 might have the largest player base (supposedly more than 50% of all copies were attributed to the PS4) but I imagine the decline rate has to be the same or worse.

Overall this is pretty fascinating. It's hard to tell what people would like and why. I would've imagined that this game, with the F13 licence and game concepts and all, would have done at least half as well as DBD, even with all the bugs and busted mechanics. But no. DBD has 9000 people right now and F13, only 318. 

• Like 1

An update about the release date of the big patch would be nice. That is very concerning about the low number of players...

I played F.E.A.R. back in 2007 on Xbox 360 for quite a few years, but at times the online multiplayer would be a ghost town. The player base was so small, you would run into the same players over and over again. I enjoyed the game, just wish it had a bigger community.

I don’t want to see F13 end up the same way. Hopefully, after the big update and the addition of dedicated servers, there will be a surge of players.

1 hour ago, mgeoff88 said:

An update about the release date of the big patch would be nice. That is very concerning about the low number of players...

I played F.E.A.R. back in 2007 on Xbox 360 for quite a few years, but at times the online multiplayer would be a ghost town. The player base was so small, you would run into the same players over and over again. I enjoyed the game, just wish it had a bigger community.

I don’t want to see F13 end up the same way. Hopefully, after the big update and the addition of dedicated servers, there will be a surge of players.

Don’t think we will get an update to the patch. GUN has only been consistent in NOT giving dates or time lines. It is mainly because this community holds them to it and cries and whines like a bunch of babies when the time line is off. F13 is dying out on PS4 due to this patch being released so slowly and Jason’s rage quitting. We will see if Shifty says anything today, but I’d be very surprised if we go a date today. 

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

It's over. I see Steam as the canary in the coal mine. PS4 might have the largest player base (supposedly more than 50% of all copies were attributed to the PS4) but I imagine the decline rate has to be the same or worse.

Overall this is pretty fascinating. It's hard to tell what people would like and why. I would've imagined that this game, with the F13 licence and game concepts and all, would have done at least half as well as DBD, even with all the bugs and busted mechanics. But no. DBD has 9000 people right now and F13, only 318. 

The price of this game continues to drop on both Steam and XBox. That is an indication that the player base is dropping to low levels. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

PS4 might have the largest player base (supposedly more than 50% of all copies were attributed to the PS4) but I imagine the decline rate has to be the same or worse.

I play on PS4 and I have to say, I have never found an issue joining a match in QP. The odd time I will be hosting a lobby and it might take a couple of minutes to fill, but if I'm not hosting Im usually in a game within one minute.

I feel sorry for people playing on different platforms if it isn't the same, but PS4 I have not had these issues, even if the playerbase is declining. I also continually see new low level players mixed in with high level ones.

The update is coming..

I know it has been for a while, but it's extremely close now. Certain actions from the dev team on here, reddit, steam, and Twitter has lead me to believe so. The patterns are unmistakable. 

Press "X" to pay respects to our fallen comrades. Their sacrifice was for us.

If I vanish next, know that it's been a blast. But I'll be back.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

The update is coming..

I know it has been for a while, but it's extremely close now. Certain actions from the dev team on here, reddit, steam, and Twitter has lead me to believe so. The patterns are unmistakable. 

Press "X" to pay respects to our fallen comrades. Their sacrifice was for us.

If I vanish next, know that it's been a blast. But I'll be back.

Hello HB,

I are you sure you want to be seen out milling with rest of us?

hiding.gif

6 minutes ago, T.W said:

Release date maybe but all we can do is keep or fingers crossed

We won't get a release date first. You'll know the patch is close when the patch notes are released. That will probably be a good indication that the console versions have passed certification.

13 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

We won't get a release date first. You'll know the patch is close when the patch notes are released. That will probably be a good indication that the console versions have passed certification.

Are sure I thought the patch notes came out after everything was updated 

1 minute ago, T.W said:

Are sure I thought the patch notes came out after everything was updated 

No, he's right. Everything's backwards with this team.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

When was the last time it was on sale on Steam?

Steam had a ‚Äúblind sale‚ÄĚ last month on Friday 13th¬†where the game was $13.13 if you used a promo code.¬†

On 4/19/2018 at 10:08 AM, T.W said:

New kills

Related image

Finally, someone who backs up his points with visual aids.  Well done.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

No, he's right. Everything's backwards with this team.

:lol:

I guess I got it backwards to

Related image

4 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

I chalk the difference up to a couple of things:

1. You're going to pull in more horror "fandoms" with DbD, because it contains entries from multiple franchises. F13, although (imo) the superior product in terms of overall presentation and mechanics, has a pretty narrow fanbase of die-hards.  With DbD, you're pulling from multiple iconic franchises, not just one.

2. I hate to beat a dead horse, but the online multiplayer is what makes this game popular.  The only playable content additions we've had to date have been focused on single player or offline play.  Bots?  Fun, but in very limited doses.  Virtual Cabin?  Again, fun, but low replay value.  Single Player Challenges are allegedly incoming, but again, those are going to have very limited replay value and are contrary to the game's strongest selling point (apart from the license), which is the online multiplayer.  

They need new QP playlists with rule variants to make it interesting, or at the very least, special weekend only playlists to engage folks with limited time to play the game.  Why play F13tG with it's ONE online mode when you can literally play almost any other adversarial multiplayer game online and have MULTIPLE options for how to play?  Nothing else is going to help with player retention or bring back folks like myself who are on an extended sabbatical until there's something worth coming back for long term.  Playing QP matches (or private ones for that matter) with the same rules, mechanics, and general gameplay ad nauseum for months on end.... frankly I"m surprised the Steam numbers are as high as they are.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Spend 5 minutes actually playing DbD, or even just browsing the forums.

9000 people doesn't mean much when you spend 15-20 minutes looking for a game EVERY TIME because everyone dodges any match up that isn't perfectly optimized for them. Try being a killer for a match or two - Even if you follow the RIDICULOUS "honor" system that half of the community home-brewed into the game, you will STILL get trolled and called a bitch, and have survivors post disgusting comments on your profile. Or the fact that there are really only 2-3 viable killers at high rank, or the fact that they nerf DLC killers, and then admit it was a mistake, yet don't fix it. 

Go look at their forums right now. The majority of people that play it are unhappy. Almost every single topic is bitching, or talking shit, or getting mad at the developers. They are in no better of a state over there, the games just been out longer and had much better advertising. I am a F13 DIE HARD, and had no idea the game was even an idea until like 2 days before it hit Steam. 

I played it for quite awhile, and I can assure you the majority of players left in DbD are sitting around waiting for it to get better...but they've been waiting a REAAALLLLY long time, and their hope has turned into vile bitterness, and it's nothing but a garbage pit of toxicity. 

Just now, SolidusPrime said:

I played it for quite awhile, and I can assure you the majority of players left in DbD are sitting around waiting for it to get better...but they've been waiting a REAAALLLLY long time, and their hope has turned into vile bitterness, and it's nothing but a garbage pit of toxicity. 

Agreed. DbD is fun for what it is and is addicting if you let it's progression system dig it's claws into you.

But the killers are a joke, every game devolves into tea bagging at the exit, and fuck the hooks.

Leatherface is fun to play though.

28 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Agreed. DbD is fun for what it is and is addicting if you let it's progression system dig it's claws into you.

But the killers are a joke, every game devolves into tea bagging at the exit, and fuck the hooks.

Leatherface is fun to play though.

Leatherface? He is like my LEAST favorite killer to play. Myers is OP when somebody plays him the right way.

5 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Leatherface? He is like my LEAST favorite killer to play. Myers is OP when somebody plays him the right way.

Basement + Chainsaw = clean sweep. Plus the mori is brutal.

Michael is my favorite killer to play against, but not play as.

1 minute ago, kitcat said:

84.gif

Cmooon, I just want to play as my Vic. :( 

Hey! That's funny, that's how long I've been waiting for you to watch CLUE!!!

ūüėÜ

6 hours ago, Matt23leo said:

I think I agree with almost everything you stated here.  I'm really hoping for a solid release date to be announced today, but, based on what has been stated in the stream and other places, I'm not really expecting it to be honest.  I must say that patience is important, especially considering how important and huge this update is, but I do understand why so many are finding it difficult to be charitable in this regard.   I usually hate multiplayer games online, but I have really enjoyed this game since I got it last year.  I have said this many times on this forum, but it is very rare that a video game (especially one like F13 with such a simple premise) holds my attention this long.  Since I first started playing this, I very rarely touch any of my other "new" games.  F13 has monopolized all my time and forced me to almost ignore other titles I have like Assassin's Creed Origins, God of War, etc.  I understand the reasonable expectations of the community wanting bugs and other things fixed in this game and I'm not really in the business of being a "white knight" for any company, but I agree that many are just too hard on the developers and the game.  Regardless of the games issues, I am still rather impressed and pleased with what they have already accomplished and I really think it is going to get a lot better.   There are plenty of areas where the game can improve, but, as long as I'm still having a blast playing it, then I'm satisfied.  

Thank you for saying all of this!!

Totally the same here, rarely touched any other game since I got this game when it first came out too!!

• Thanks 1