20 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

But if it's still Wednesday, that means my vacation will never end. I can live with that lol

I can't... I have Friday off this week to start my camp trip...

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Truth said:

I can't... I have Friday off this week to start my camp trip...

Well, because that sounds fun, I will allow it to no longer be Wednesday. Tell me you're bringing a hockey mask with you though. 

Edited by The Tommy
I messed up you're. Dammit lol
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Well, because that sounds fun, I will allow it to no longer be Wednesday. Tell me your're bringing a hockey mask with you though. 

Nah, but I always bring my machete!

Edit: @The Tommy Better?

Edited by Truth
Had to fix @The Tommy's quote.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Truth said:

Nah, but I always bring my machete!

Good. Though not so good with your quote forever shaming my misuse of "your". 

Edited by The Tommy
To laugh @Truth fixing my quote. Shame I can't like his edit as well as his post.

@ShiftySamurai has not posted in the News thread since January. He is not really doing a good job keeping the fans informed. @wes can you please wake him up and give him some coffee for God's sake?!

3 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

@ShiftySamurai has not posted in the News thread since January. He is not really doing a good job keeping the fans informed. @wes can you please wake him up and give him some coffee for God's sake?!

To be clear, Shifty has been posting updates on most Thursdays for quite some time. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that he is not placing those updates in the News section because the General Discussion section tends to get more traffic, so more people see it. Additionally, if you'll look at the News section posts, they are not open for comments, so discussion it isn't possible in that section, making the General Discussion area a good spot to start a conversation around a bit of news.

Shifty has been doing his job, just fine. If you want to verify, you can click on this profile and select the option to see his post listings.

6 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

To be clear, Shifty has been posting updates on most Thursdays for quite some time. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that he is not placing those updates in the News section because the General Discussion section tends to get more traffic, so more people see it. Additionally, if you'll look at the News section posts, they are not open for comments, so discussion it isn't possible in that section, making the General Discussion area a good spot to start a conversation around a bit of news.

Shifty has been doing his job, just fine. If you want to verify, you can click on this profile and select the option to see his post listings.

I have looked at his profile. He has not really posted much NEWS on the upcoming update. I didn't realize that the NEWS section was closed. That don't make much sense to close it and post NEWS elsewhere. Most people claims he posts on Thursdays, but I haven't been around these forums long enough to notice a Thursday trend. I also have noticed that the whole F13 dev team is being extremely tight lipped about this upcoming update. My guess is that there will be some hidden surprises coming. I have not seen them so tight lipped with the past updates as they are with this one.

4 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

I have looked at his profile. He has not really posted much NEWS on the upcoming update. I didn't realize that the NEWS section was closed. That don't make much sense to close it and post NEWS elsewhere. Most people claims he posts on Thursdays, but I haven't been around these forums long enough to notice a Thursday trend. I also have noticed that the whole F13 dev team is being extremely tight lipped about this upcoming update. My guess is that there will be some hidden surprises coming. I have not seen them so tight lipped with the past updates as they are with this one.

Below are some topics I found in his content listing:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17341-friday-the-13th-the-game-grab-animation-update

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/18019-part-7-jason-adjustments/

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/18023-welcome-to-the-salt-mines

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/18165-offline-bot-ai-improvements

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17711-roys-coveralls

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17105-friday-the-13th-the-game-jason-weapon-swapping-keybinding

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17520-perk-system-update-legendaries

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16851-first-look-single-player-challenges

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17861-jason-selection-update

A list like this does not strike me as "tight-lipped". I would lean more towards "embarrassment of riches".

3 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Tight lipped about the update, as in a release date. We already know what will be included, mostly. Last I heard, was April. The perk system, Victoria, single player challenges, engine update, etc. was released a while back via Twitter. The fans are looking more for a “when”, not really so much as a “what”. 

People really are just getting impatient at this point. The info, while small bits, has been fairly regular.

While I'd love more in-depth info and previews of the new engine, I'll take the info they're putting out. Shifty did tell me that the new engine is something that has to be seen to truly be appreciated - So hopefully we see something soon.

If not, I think we're about a month away from the update...We've been through worse.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

People really are just getting impatient at this point. The info, while small bits, has been fairly regular.

While I'd love more in-depth info and previews of the new engine, I'll take the info they're putting out. Shifty did tell me that the new engine is something that has to be seen to truly be appreciated - So hopefully we see something soon.

If not, I think we're about a month away from the update...We've been through worse.

You hit it!! People are wanting to experience the new engine and the fixes so much, it has brought an impatient feel to the table, even I am growing more impatient waiting to see it. Some type of weekly updates on the progress from the devs would help. As we creep towards the end of April, May is starting to seem more realistic in sense of seeing the update. 

1 minute ago, kepps-66 said:

Tight lipped about the update, as in a release date. We already know what will be included, mostly. Last I heard, was April. The perk system, Victoria, single player challenges, engine update, etc. was released a while back via Twitter. The fans are looking more for a “when”, not really so much as a “what”. 

I see.

The only thing I can tell you is that this team doesn't announce a release date until it is very close. This has been true for most of the game's life cycle. They learned the hard way about announcing projected dates after circumstances prevented cross-platform release of some early patches, causing users who didn't get the update to push back. I recognize that since you only joined the forums about in March, you haven't bore witness to all of this, so it may not be the expectation for you.

Keep in mind we were not guaranteed an April release. We were told "April at the earliest", meaning that April was the soonest that an update could be delivered in a best-case scenario.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I see.

The only thing I can tell you is that this team doesn't announce a release date until it is very close. This has been true for most of the game's life cycle. They learned the hard way about announcing projected dates after circumstances prevented cross-platform release of some early patches, causing users who didn't get the update to push back. I recognize that since you only joined the forums about in March, you haven't bore witness to all of this, so it may not be the expectation for you.

Keep in mind we were not guaranteed an April release. We were told "April at the earliest", meaning that April was the soonest that an update could be delivered in a best-case scenario.

This is all understandable. After all, we ALL want a STABLE release not just a rushed release with tons of bugs. But, it is also good practice to release progress updates as well. The last time frame update was a while back, just to say "earliest, April". Maybe it's time to say a little more, or even release a video showing off the new engine.....saying something is always better than saying nothing at all. I am not asking for an actual release date, just asking for some updated news about the time frame.

19 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

This is all understandable. After all, we ALL want a STABLE release not just a rushed release with tons of bugs. But, it is also good practice to release progress updates as well. The last time frame update was a while back, just to say "earliest, April". Maybe it's time to say a little more, or even release a video showing off the new engine.....saying something is always better than saying nothing at all. I am not asking for an actual release date, just asking for some updated news about the time frame.

I understand. That's certainly not unreasonable. I don't know that we will get it, though.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I understand. That's certainly not unreasonable. I don't know that we will get it, though.

Of course we won’t get it. That would be way too reasonable and transparent for GUN to do.

2 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Of course we won’t get it. That would be way too reasonable and transparent for GUN to do.

I don't think the steady stream of information around new features in the update qualifies them to be called non-transparent. The player base for this game has a history of treating vague time frames as a signed contract from the development team. So we have basically taught them to hold that information until there's no chance of uncertainty.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I don't think the steady stream of information around new features in the update qualifies them to be called non-transparent. The player base for this game has a history of treating vague time frames as a signed contract from the development team. So we have basically taught them to hold that information until there's no chance of uncertainty.

Well said.

The sooner people set their expectations to May 26th, the sooner their anxiety will subside.

Whoever saw "April, at best." and thought "Oh, so April then!" hasn't been paying attention to this game's development.

I say May 26th because I think there's no way they let us hit the 1 year anniversary with this buggy version. But then again, who knows...It might not even be ready by then. It could very well take til Summer. Either way, I don't want any more rush jobs. Just get it right or the game will die.

• Thanks 1

Threads in "News" do not allow replies from non moderation/admin users. I post information in the "About Friday the 13th: The Game" section to allow for one-stop discussion.

6 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Threads in "News" do not allow replies from non moderation/admin users. I post information in the "About Friday the 13th: The Game" section to allow for one-stop discussion.

Could you post yesterday's "announcement", and the one from two weeks ago. I would appreciate it if you could move the explanation of the skulls that you offered as well. Thanks.

Well, today's Thursday. Any thoughts on announcements?

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Holy shit, 72 replies?!?!?!

I hope we can get a video explaining some new features or a post that says "We're adding back the Beta animations!"

OMG, I JUST REALIZED SHIFTY REPLIED TO MY THREAD

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Shifty was beginning to post a thread, Idk why he stopped.