Thatguyinktown

Thursday the 12th Xbox group

Since I play with you guys the most, talk me down here. 

I don’t know why but I have an aversion to killing Jason and I feel bad about it. I don’t know if it’s my mother’s instincts or just having an affinity for Jason, but I don’t really enjoy killing him. 

I know it’s part of the game and if they didn’t want it there they wouldn’t allow it as a gameplay option, but being in a QP match I just feel bad killing someone not knowing their play level. If a newer player who is just starting gets killed it might sour their experience and then I’d have guilt. 

Do I need to just get over myself and not worry about it? I also know this is a silly thing but my OCD has been working overdrive since this came up last night in a match. 😔

45 minutes ago, Dr B DDS said:

Will there be a room tonight?  @TheHansonGoons @Thatguyinktown 

Absolutely! I will try to hop on around 9 but we will see. Should be there by 10 though.

42 minutes ago, Zaneygrrl said:

I don’t know why but I have an aversion to killing Jason and I feel bad about it. I don’t know if it’s my mother’s instincts or just having an affinity for Jason, but I don’t really enjoy killing him. 

I know it’s part of the game and if they didn’t want it there they wouldn’t allow it as a gameplay option, but being in a QP match I just feel bad killing someone not knowing their play level. If a newer player who is just starting gets killed it might sour their experience and then I’d have guilt. 

Do I need to just get over myself and not worry about it? I also know this is a silly thing but my OCD has been working overdrive since this came up last night in a match. 😔

Honestly, I think that is one of the most conscientious and sweetest things I have heard in gaming. I respect it totally. 

Though I think killing an undead masked serial killer a little more fulfilling, I can empathize with why you choose not to. It can ruin a new player's fun and hurt their feelings. Make them not want to play again. 

That is why I am not a fan of dance trolling by cops. Its disrespectful and i feel undignified. If you can survive so well, help others get out. Don't be a Chad and dance by the exit. Its discouraging for newer players or people that just want to have fun. 

I may actually join today.

Probably around 5 or 6 ct.

I've been exhausted the last couple of days, but I'm planning to suffer through it with you clowns. I should be on sometime abouts10 PM EST.

Also, if anybody is interested, since we generally disband by 0130 should we try to get together a bit earlier, or is 3.5 hours a week enough playtime? 

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Honestly, I think that is one of the most conscientious and sweetest things I have heard in gaming. I respect it totally. 

Though I think killing an undead masked serial killer a little more fulfilling, I can empathize with why you choose not to. It can ruin a new player's fun and hurt their feelings. Make them not want to play again. 

That is why I am not a fan of dance trolling by cops. Its disrespectful and i feel undignified. If you can survive so well, help others get out. Don't be a Chad and dance by the exit. Its discouraging for newer players or people that just want to have fun. 

Awww thank you. 😊 I’m glad I wasn’t being crazy, but now I’ve lost any attempt at building a reputation of having a cold heart of stone.

I feel the same about the dancing.

I’m also down for tonight, unless you guys need the room for others. I could use a break from QP for sure. 

13 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I've been exhausted the last couple of days, but I'm planning to suffer through it with you clowns. I should be on sometime abouts10 PM EST.

Also, if anybody is interested, since we generally disband by 0130 should we try to get together a bit earlier, or is 3.5 hours a week enough playtime? 

I can be on as early as 8EST tonight.  I'm all for maximizing the time to play with good people.

Just now, JasonSquared said:

I can be on as early as 8EST tonight.  I'm all for maximizing the time to play with good people.

I may pop my head in roughly 9EST, but I wouldn't expect anything this week with the crew. I'm thinking we can all throw in our two cents and make it official for next if that is what we want to do. 

With that we can always take half a lobby into QP if some people are on early. 

2 hours ago, Zaneygrrl said:

To be honest, I didn't know there was a stigma around being killed as Jason until I started reading these forums.  A newbie probably wouldn't get that upset...

...however, the trash talking that happens while killing Jason is by far more damaging.  The problem is that it's relatively easy to kill Jason if the group decides they want to do it, especially against a new player who doesn't know what they should be defending against.  The pricks that then turn around and berate you as a shitty Jason often cross the good sportsmanship line (to put it mildly).

I wouldn't mind being killed by a good group nearly as much as I would by a mean-spirited one.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zaneygrrl said:

Awww thank you. 😊 I’m glad I wasn’t being crazy, but now I’ve lost any attempt at building a reputation of having a cold heart of stone.

Don't give up, you'll get there! 😝

• Haha 1

I won’t be able to make it tonight. This week I’ve been more busy than J7 trying to manage objectives on Pack small! I’ll be back next week.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JasonSquared said:

To be honest, I didn't know there was a stigma around being killed as Jason until I started reading these forums.  A newbie probably wouldn't get that upset...

...however, the trash talking that happens while killing Jason is by far more damaging.  The problem is that it's relatively easy to kill Jason if the group decides they want to do it, especially against a new player who doesn't know what they should be defending against.  The pricks that then turn around and berate you as a shitty Jason often cross the good sportsmanship line (to put it mildly).

I wouldn't mind being killed by a good group nearly as much as I would by a mean-spirited one.  

I think you make a great point. I think if people were more humbling in their attitudes and would still congratulate other people, or compliment something it wouldnt be nearly as tragic or frustrating of an experience.

I have killed some Jasons with some of the rudest people. I dont like that. I want to thank the Jason for staying in and accepting the fate. Tell them good luck next time and good game. Not call then garbage and insult them for not necessarily being great with the mechanics or such. Besides, killing a Jason that never knew how to shift or morph isnt exactly an accomplishment. 

I have also noticed recently I dont give as many tips to newer players as I used to. Not that I dont want to help them get better, but its that I dont want to come off as an asshole or make them feel belittled for having bad rounds. I dont want to discourage players. I am just trying to have fun.

As for the group, I am still down for 10pm. Dont know if I will get the TV for video games before that time. If we have a small group, we can still party up and QP together worst case scenario.

This is why you guys are my people. We can trash talk and not be mean about it. 

The earliest I can probably get on would be 8:30 CST. And that’s if the planets align and I draw a pentragram in unicorn blood on my floor.

@Zaneygrrl last night when I became the pinata Jason against that Vanessa and Tiffany, I even asked them why they weren't going for the sweater (to back up for everyone, I was J8 on Packanack Small, the blue seater I stopped just east of the main house, and the 2 seater was almost completed at the main house.) Both vanessa and Tiffany had bats and were 150s and knocking me out left and right and dancing afterward, yet despite having each other's backs, neither decided to use a damage weapon OR get my mask off, which I found odd.  I'm too used to Jason killers in QP that I was thrown when they went for this stall tactic.  It was always going to fail, because I was within shift distance of both vehicles and still had traps on both vehicles at the doors, so they were never going to get it started all the way back up again.  The fuse house was also all the way back up at the repair shop too.

Facing Jason killing groups isn't fun, but it is part of the game now, more prevalent now since the player base treats the game like abandonware without an update in sight.  This may be arm chair psychology, but I take it escaping just isn't where the thrill is for these players anymore, and so now Jason killing is where there fun lies.

Part of what sucks about being Jason against a group of jason killers for me isn't that they're trying to kill me, it's that they've flipped the game without me knowing.  I have no problem playing against Jason killers when I know that's what they are planning on doing from the start, but when you start prepping objectives and 4 minutes in no traps are thrown and suddenly now you're playing defense against counselors, it just sucks to have to quickly readjust your playing tactic.  Jason cannot effectively patrol 3 objectives AND prevent himself from being killed, that's just way too many balls in the air. 

But, if you're in a dedicated Jason killing lobby and know that's what they are trying to do from the start, it's actually quite fun and a different game experience all together.  Instead of 1 vs 7, it becomes 7 vs 1, and you don't have to worry about objectives, so you can focus your energy on protecting the shack, and preventing tommy from being called.

Since Jason killers are more prevalent in QP now, i've since changed up my strategy, and I think it's made me a better Jason for it.  I no longer blow all my traps on objective management at the start, I keep 1-2 behind for trapping the shack if i know they're going for it, or putting it at the drivers door if the car gets stopped.  I also no longer play Rope-A-Dope Jason.  I used to just be a bull, blasting through scenarios to get people to use their knives, guns, flares, weapons early, so that way they're defenseless later.  This left me open to quite a few demaskings, which ironically made ME the defenseless one later once tommy's on the scene and there's still a girl counselor on the map.  I've also learned shift does not protect you from a sweater stun, so use it early enough when there's still distance between the counselors and you.  Shorelines are also advantageous, especially if you find the shelf (the last spot between where jason goes full underwater and where he peeks out.  Use this area for your cooldowns, so then counselors can't exactly say that you're hiding in the water the whole time.  Plus, you can always use it to throw knives at the sweater girl.

@bewareofbears @BrokenFattHardy @TiffanyxAJ@Alkavian @Kodiak   @AldermachXI@Riot_Dame

you're all invited as well.  We're going to try for an hour earlier (9PM EST) or earlier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'm in. My wife will probably be asleep so she might be snoring in the background. 

@Truth you gonna be on?

I'll probably hop on in like an hour or so, but I likely won't be playing too long. Also hoping to watch the stream if I can.

Aight. Hopefully you'll still be killing (or surviving) at 8pm tonight and can get in on the group.

I apologize but I probably wont make it until about 10:30 as of right now. Hope the group is still slashing away

1 minute ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I apologize but I probably wont make it until about 10:30 as of right now. Hope the group is still slashing away

I'm on now but will have to take a break for dinner. After that I'll be in until everyone else leaves or they boot me. Either is possible. Hahahahaha

4 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I’m going to likely be on in an hour-ish.

You gotta watch Arrow? 🤔

3 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

You gotta watch Arrow? 🤔

Boo, Arrow. Making supper.

8 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Boo, Arrow. Making supper.

I had to dip out for dinner too. I'll be back on later tho.

you're all invited as well.  We're going to try for an hour earlier (9PM EST) or earlier.

once again, will be home at 11 oz time and plan on playing friday. might hop on with y’all if some friends i haven’t played with in a while aren’t still on. 🙂