Jump to content
Thatguyinktown

Thursday the 12th Xbox group

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Good run, despite the 3 dashboards.

Agreed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so excited...  finally got into one of these rooms.  Swiftly beheaded.  That’s ok, I spawn as Tommy and disarm a trap at 4 seater so 4 can escape.  Promptly beheaded again.  Then I hear my wife working in the kitchen.  (We had a new fridge delivered earlier that day, so all of previous fridge contents were on ice in coolers while new fridge cools.) yeah, she decided to transfer stuff from coolers to fridge right then.  So, wanting to sleep inside that night, I went to help.  At least I got one round...  @TheHansonGoons

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must apologize for my ABSEEENCE. I fully intended to PARTAKE and watch as councilors were DELETED, but I got caught up watching 'Cobra Kai' and ended up binging all 10 episodes with Queen Christine. I may be on later tonight, if I am not called to DELETE other things first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2018 at 6:17 PM, Risinggrave said:

I look forward to seeing that. I'll be honest, my memory isn't the best so I probably won't be able to tell you what I was doing the majority of that match when I was offscreen. Though I do think I may have been the one to call the police. If I'm mistaken I'm sure somebody else will inform us. 

@Thatguyinktown

Alright, here it is!  (I managed to upload this before catching a plane last night.  Sorry to miss the Thursday night session!)

Feel free to watch with or without my following commentary:

 

1:05 - the phone house and the Tommy house spawn right beside each other, with a counselor in each.  I try to go after the electrical box first, but it’s as far away as possible, so I waste a lot of time running to it.

2:12 - I finally trap the phone, getting ready to check the car.  Wait!  The trap at the Tommy house is tripped!  And the battery repair has started!

3:10 - Breaking the phone house door.  It was important to me, not sure why.

3:24 - First visit to the car.

4:15 - Bad knife throw.

4:57 - Should have morphed instead of shifted.

5:09 - Another bad knife throw.

5:22 - Still not morphing.

5:55 - Shift grab.  Really should have had this kill. ?

6:35 - Cops called.

7:47 - White fence morph, followed by shifting without sense.

9:03 - First realization that J2 can’t swim too good.?

9:45 - Car starts

9:56 - Frustration hack, followed by 3min car chase.?

12:14 - Morphing into the river.  Jason doesn’t have rage yet, but I do!?

12:58 - WTF? In the river again.?

13:32 - Everyone’s escaped except demonwolf.  I’m ready for this match to end.

13:56 - Landed 4 good slashes.  Should’ve had him.

14:08 - Oh good, here’s Tommy!??

15:02 - Oh, c’mon.???

15:52 - Really?????

16:25 - Should have stalk-shifted in.

16:43 - Good block, couldn’t exit CS fast enough.

17:21 - In the fucking river again. ???????

18:03 - And stay out!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My take @JasonSquared

You spent the first minute or so chasing counselors. You should break windows and set traps over putting a big struggle to actually catching people. If somebody gives you an easy kill? Great. But break off chases as your morph returns so you can do your prep. Also Bagheads morph is back so fast you shouldn't worry about using it. 

Leaving La Choppa down near the phone was a risky move.

A weakness to remember for Baghead is that chases are hard for him. You do need to keep up the pressure or surprise people to grab them. Also traps being dropped in unexpected places can help.

Might be a good idea to break doors while sense is active. That helps you see if your prey leaves midway through. Also breaking down doors then running off is a waste of time.

At around 8:40 or so you stop chasing a Mitch to pursue Vanessa. 

When chasing the car. Don't waste shift. Morph+stalk to hide. Shift out of nowhere. It's the only way for a slow shifter to reliably hit the car. 

1214 Be wary of where you morph. Morphing into water is almost a sure loss. 

By the time the police and car are right there, there isn't much you could do. Game was over.  Though your buddy dragging it out another five minutes was a dickhead move. I quit watching at 13:23. 

Long story short, you played to Jason's weaknesses, (-shift/waterspeed) and didn't maximize on his strengths (traps and morph.) While this Jason can run, you didn't chase anybody long enough to run their stamina down. You seemed a bit unfocused. Too reactive and not planning ahead. Against a group who pushes objectives hard, you just got ran ragged. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 7:47 PM, Risinggrave said:

My take @JasonSquared

You spent the first minute or so chasing counselors. You should break windows and set traps over putting a big struggle to actually catching people. If somebody gives you an easy kill? Great. But break off chases as your morph returns so you can do your prep. Also Bagheads morph is back so fast you shouldn't worry about using it. 

Leaving La Choppa down near the phone was a risky move.

A weakness to remember for Baghead is that chases are hard for him. You do need to keep up the pressure or surprise people to grab them. Also traps being dropped in unexpected places can help.

Might be a good idea to break doors while sense is active. That helps you see if your prey leaves midway through. Also breaking down doors then running off is a waste of time.

At around 8:40 or so you stop chasing a Mitch to pursue Vanessa. 

When chasing the car. Don't waste shift. Morph+stalk to hide. Shift out of nowhere. It's the only way for a slow shifter to reliably hit the car. 

1214 Be wary of where you morph. Morphing into water is almost a sure loss. 

By the time the police and car are right there, there isn't much you could do. Game was over.  Though your buddy dragging it out another five minutes was a dickhead move. I quit watching at 13:23. 

Long story short, you played to Jason's weaknesses, (-shift/waterspeed) and didn't maximize on his strengths (traps and morph.) While this Jason can run, you didn't chase anybody long enough to run their stamina down. You seemed a bit unfocused. Too reactive and not planning ahead. Against a group who pushes objectives hard, you just got ran ragged. 

 

 

Thanks for the feedback!  You're right, I was being reactive the entire match.  I was lacking a sense of urgency at the beginning, jogging between the phone house and the Tommy house, then taking the time to knock down the phone house door.  I think I've learned from that for sure.

I hadn't noticed that I switched from chasing Mitch to chasing Vanessa.  Good catch!

Morphing into the stream 3 times was pretty frustrating.  Has anyone ever mapped out the morph points on each map?  I know that would take forever, but someone must have done it...

I haven't played J2 since this match.  I'll be set to have a go with him again soon, I think.

Thanks for watching and commenting!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JasonSquared said:

Thanks for the feedback!  You're right, I was being reactive the entire match.  I was lacking a sense of urgency at the beginning, jogging between the phone house and the Tommy house, then taking the time to knock down the phone house door.  I think I've learned from that for sure.

I hadn't noticed that I switched from chasing Mitch to chasing Vanessa.  Good catch!

Morphing into the stream 3 times was pretty frustrating.  Has anyone ever mapped out the morph points on each map?  I know that would take forever, but someone must have done it...

I haven't played J2 since this match.  I'll be set to have a go with him again soon, I think.

Thanks for watching and commenting!  

No problem. If it makes you feel any better we gave @Super Ty much trouble when he was Baghead as well. Ol' Baggy is great if your foes are disorganized, but low end if not. He's definitely a challenge. 

As far as mapping, I can't say I've done anything official but I am mindful of morphing in near bridges (particularly on Jarvis map where there is no way to really run back into the chase) and near the fence up North on Crystal Lake. I hate ending up on the wrong side of that. If you want to talk tech, @Alkavian is our science NERD! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

If you want to talk tech, @Alkavian is our science NERD! 

rubbinglamp.gif

You rang?

2 hours ago, JasonSquared said:

 Has anyone ever mapped out the morph points on each map?  I know that would take forever, but someone must have done it...

I don't know of anyone who has actually mapped out all the specific morph locations and posted them up anywhere.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JasonSquared said:

Morphing into the stream 3 times was pretty frustrating.

This happens to me a lot with the stupid white fence on Crystal Lake. Usually after the second time I remember to pull the marker lower than where I want to be for that car spawn, but this gets me every time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Truth said:

This happens to me a lot with the stupid white fence on Crystal Lake. Usually after the second time I remember to pull the marker lower than where I want to be for that car spawn, but this gets me every time...

I always seem to spawn nowhere close to where I think I'll spawn. 2 weeks ago, in this group of players, I somehow ended up in the water TWICE while trying to Morph to the exit to kill councilors. Made me feel incredibly stupid.......... TWICE!!! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I always seem to spawn nowhere close to where I think I'll spawn. 2 weeks ago, in this group of players, I somehow ended up in the water TWICE while trying to Morph to the exit to kill councilors. Made me feel incredibly stupid.......... TWICE!!! ?

Yeah some of the exits are hard to hit right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JasonSquared How are you able to record a full match on Xbox? I can’t seem to record more than 10 minutes at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Super Ty said:

@JasonSquared How are you able to record a full match on Xbox? I can’t seem to record more than 10 minutes at a time.

If you plug in an external usb hard drive, you get the option to record up to one hour.  It has to be USB 3.0 I think.  I use a Western Digital Passport portable 2TB.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JasonSquared said:

If you plug in an external usb hard drive, you get the option to record up to one hour.  It has to be USB 3.0 I think.  I use a Western Digital Passport portable 2TB.  

Oh cool, I didn't know that. Are you able to start and stop the recording as you want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

Oh cool, I didn't know that. Are you able to start and stop the recording as you want?

Yep, the Xbox will recognize it as the default capture location, and the capture commands will reflect the larger size.  You may have to set it as the default capture location, actually, through the settings menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JasonSquared said:

If you plug in an external usb hard drive, you get the option to record up to one hour.  It has to be USB 3.0 I think.  I use a Western Digital Passport portable 2TB.  

Seriously? That's it...? Just plug in the hard drive and change the setting...?

I would've done that months ago had I known that lol

I even have a 1TB hard drive laying around. Haven't touched the thing in years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Truth said:

Seriously? That's it...? Just plug in the hard drive and change the setting...?

I would've done that months ago had I known that lol

I even have a 1TB hard drive laying around. Haven't touched the thing in years...

Yep, that's it.  Just be careful about old hard drives as they may not be USB 3.0.  The Xbox will recognize USB 2.0, but when you try to set it as a default capture location, it'll complain that it's too slow.  And too dusty.

Oh, and a new feature that I've discovered (and verified a couple of times): If you let the capture go for the full hour, the game will dashboard you at the 60min mark.  Doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.  I try to record match by match so that this isn't an issue, but sometimes I forget.  Like the time I was hosting a couple of weeks ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, JasonSquared said:

If you let the capture go for the full hour, the game will dashboard you at the 60min mark.

That's good to know. I may just hook that up when I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×