Thatguyinktown

Thursday the 12th Xbox group

I'll try to get on tonight if anyone is playing...and the wife doesn't grab the TV first. ?

2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I'll try to get on tonight if anyone is playing...and the wife doesn't grab the TV first. ?

Yeah, I should be on.

5 hours ago, Zaneygrrl said:

Really fun time last night. You guys are awesome and kind to a trash Jason player like myself. I’m enjoying the hell out of this Thursday meetup. ?

I will never forget how much you made me jump by the phone box! I think I peed a little.

2 hours ago, JasonSquared said:

Thank you @Thatguyinktown, @TheHansonGoons, @BrokenFattHardy, @Zaneygrrl, @TiffanyxAJ, @Risinggrave, @Alkavian, @Super Ty

I feel like a rookie being called up to the big leagues when I play with this group, and it's been an awesome good time playing with people who respect the game and each other.

Case in point, when I discovered a new interaction lock as Tommy and couldn't do anything to save Hanson - all while forgetting to un-mute my mic - he didn't swear at me (outwardly) once!

Dude, you handle yourself well bud! 

I wont lie, sometimes I get nervous to play Jason around groups like these. Everyone works together so well!

I think we should name this group "Thursday the 12th".

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zaneygrrl said:

Really fun time last night. You guys are awesome and kind to a trash Jason player like myself. I’m enjoying the hell out of this Thursday meetup. ?

Nobody cares how good you are when you bring a good persona to the lobby. Also you'll pick up on all our tricks in time... (Cont' below since Squared had similar sentiment.)

3 hours ago, JasonSquared said:

Thank you @Thatguyinktown, @TheHansonGoons, @BrokenFattHardy, @Zaneygrrl, @TiffanyxAJ, @Risinggrave, @Alkavian, @Super Ty

I feel like a rookie being called up to the big leagues when I play with this group, and it's been an awesome good time playing with people who respect the game and each other.

Case in point, when I discovered a new interaction lock as Tommy and couldn't do anything to save Hanson - all while forgetting to un-mute my mic - he didn't swear at me (outwardly) once!

(Cont from above) ...Guy can fill you in on that. I recall bringing him in from Quickplay. Dude went from being lost in the sauce to fucking everybody up. Rookies eventually become MVP's. 

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

First problem is you letting her out of her cage. 

I may be on tonight. Depends on if my date with the Swedish Bikini team got cancelled. 

8 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I will never forget how much you made me jump by the phone box! I think I peed a little.

I wont lie, sometimes I get nervous to play Jason around groups like these. Everyone works together so well!

I'll second the group name. I guess we can take a vote in the clubhouse. Who's bringing cookies?

Also, You need to call dibs on being Jason next week since you got scammed out of it. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Nobody cares how good you are when you bring a good persona to the lobby. Also you'll pick up on all our tricks in time...

I’m a fast learner!

26 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

? Glad I made a little bit of impact last night! 

Group name is a go for me. 

I'm okay with the name change.

@JasonSquaredwith this group, you learn

as Jason how to spot a distraction, and not to give priority to any one chase in exchange for patrolling objectives.  @Risinggrave taught me this as Jason when he chased after me two different times in a match, only to morph away mid chase. I don't know if he heard an objective being fixed, or he has an egg timer that tells him when he's devoting too much time to a chase, but, it taught me to be cognizant of everything occurring, not just the chase in front of me.

Traps don't deter as long in our group as they do in QP, and simultaneous trap tanking/coordinated tanking as a distraction to get a car started or a phone repaired isn't unheard of.

-shift jasons have a hell of a time all around and if you don't prevent the cars from starting up in the first place, you'll need to get lucky to get them stopped again.

-there's ALWAYS going to be someone who tries the boat when it spawns with us, so you'll need to compensate when using a minus water speed jason.

-a recent development I've noticed is protecting the fuse box, where there are dedicated counselors defending it against Jason. An even newer development with that is Jason's chosing to go after the caller then. Evolution in practice, I guess.

-i personally try to hold off going after a car until I have both morph AND shift available, morphing as close to where I anticipate the car to be, and then shifting to the car before the driver knows where I morphed. If you can hit stalk before morphing, all the better. This works well with our group, who are more likely to drive around rather than escaping, in order to provide a distraction for the counselors still on the map.

You also learn how much luck comes into factor when playing as Jason, as it relates to repair item spawns and counselor spawns. That's why you see the same player sometimes wipe out a whole lobby, and sometimes they can only get a couple.

Those are the things I've learned playing with this group.

• Like 1

You guys were hounding the phone and car hard in my run as Jason. I knew I'd probably have to give up the boat to keep Rising-roach off my damn phone box. Lol. 

You folks made me work my ass off for that 6/8. ?

@JasonSquared Only thing I can think to add to Guy's primer is every time you get a chance, check your map and look at trap status. Pocket knives disarm traps silently, but you can still see the icon as having been set off. (It'll be filled in with a diamond.) This will help your chances as far as counselors running up your phone bill. 

50 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

You guys were hounding the phone and car hard in my run as Jason. I knew I'd probably have to give up the boat to keep Rising-roach off my damn phone box. Lol. 

You folks made me work my ass off for that 6/8. ?

Ugh I screwed up good on that match lol. I intentionally tanked your phone trap right atter you placed it, even though I didn’t know if anyone had found the fuse yet, so it would be clear for the repair and get the cops called. That worked! Then you got me right in front the damn exit! :P

• Like 1

Just now, Super Ty said:

Ugh I screwed up good on that match lol. I intentionally tanked your phone trap right atter you placed it, even though I didn’t know if anyone had found the fuse yet, so it would be clear for the repair and get the cops called. That worked! Then you got me right in front the damn exit! :P

You put up a good strategic chase with Adam. Keeping to confined areas to negate easy grab kills and dissuade slashing. In the end it could have gone either way.

2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'm the first to admit I'm a horrible Jason. ?

Me too, me too! ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Thanks, man!  Yes, nervous is one way to describe how I feel when I'm grabbing those first two knives.  But I felt much more comfortable last night than last Thursday, so things are progressing in the right direction!

And 'yes' to the group name.

3 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

@JasonSquaredwith this group, you learn as Jason how to spot a distraction, and not to give priority to any one chase in exchange for patrolling objectives.  @Risinggrave taught me this as Jason when he chased after me two different times in a match, only to morph away mid chase. I don't know if he heard an objective being fixed, or he has an egg timer that tells him when he's devoting too much time to a chase, but, it taught me to be cognizant of everything occurring, not just the chase in front of me.

This I've tried to keep in mind.  But I always think that while patrolling objectives, it's not enough to just scare counselors away with each morph - you still need to capitalize on opportunities to remove a chess piece from the board.  So keeping the chases short but ultimately winning a few of them is what I think I need to work on.

Traps don't deter as long in our group as they do in QP, and simultaneous trap tanking/coordinated tanking as a distraction to get a car started or a phone repaired isn't unheard of.

Yeah, there's nothing quite as stressful as hearing several traps tripped at once!

-shift jasons have a hell of a time all around and if you don't prevent the cars from starting up in the first place, you'll need to get lucky to get them stopped again.

-i personally try to hold off going after a car until I have both morph AND shift available, morphing as close to where I anticipate the car to be, and then shifting to the car before the driver knows where I morphed. If you can hit stalk before morphing, all the better. This works well with our group, who are more likely to drive around rather than escaping, in order to provide a distraction for the counselors still on the map.

Being able to reliably stop the car would be a big improvement for me.  I'm still finding that I have to orient myself after a morph, so morph-shifting will take some practice.  I think I know the answer to this question, but do you have to press a button to stop the car when shifting, or is it enough to make contact?

-a recent development I've noticed is protecting the fuse box, where there are dedicated counselors defending it against Jason. An even newer development with that is Jason's chosing to go after the caller then. Evolution in practice, I guess.

Actually, sometimes I do go lie in wait for the caller to reach the phone.  It's produced a few good reactions!  But having a plan doesn't always translate to actions when in the heat of the moment, so I'll often find myself going after the group around the fuse box. 

Those are the things I've learned playing with this group.

Your ongoing willingness to share your expertise is very much appreciated!

2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

@JasonSquared Only thing I can think to add to Guy's primer is every time you get a chance, check your map and look at trap status. Pocket knives disarm traps silently, but you can still see the icon as having been set off. (It'll be filled in with a diamond.) This will help your chances as far as counselors running up your phone bill. 

Yes, I have to do this more often.  Maybe the egg timer Guy was talking about can be useful here...

This is all excellent advice, and very motivating.  Thanks!

I'm going to see the new Avengers movie tonight, but I may well try to join for a few matches later on if you guys have an empty slot.

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'm the first to admit I'm a horrible Jason. ?

I am mediocre at best. Don't feel bad. With this group, I am happy with 4/8. Seriously, no one has a problem with being a martyr for the other counselors and doing what they have to for the greater good. 

Practice quickly throwing knives and quick combat stance blocking. These people are great at fighting back.

@Thatguyinktown great advice. I noticed a lot of killing the callers instead of smashing boxes.

Also add going into stalk and not moving out of the room will sometimes trick us into thinking you went outside. May catch us hopping back inside. @lHeartBreakerl taught me that.

@JasonSquared watch this match at 39:06-52:13, this shows EXACTLY what I'm talking about when using J2. 

Laphin goes for counselor pursuits before objective management, and shows J2's weakness when trying to stop cars. 

He tunnels a Vanessa and a Kenny (why?) and continually allows free hits while knocking down doors (combat stance and take it at an angle, which he eventually does).

In addition to neglecting objectives, he also doesn't use J2's Morph buff, chosing to use shift. (Note: with -shift Jasons, you can't catch up to the car when it's ahead of you, your only chance is shifting in from the side or head-on). 

47:00: Bad morph, but this should tell you that you shouldn't select the spot on the road to morph on Crystal Lake, because it'll always put you behind the white fence.  Aim a bit further south.

He does show good use of throwing knife before counselors attempt windows/after jumping through windows.  And, he gets REAL lucky at the end. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/256327688

On 5/1/2018 at 3:10 PM, Thatguyinktown said:

@JasonSquared watch this match at 39:06-52:13, this shows EXACTLY what I'm talking about when using J2. 

Laphin goes for counselor pursuits before objective management, and shows J2's weakness when trying to stop cars. 

He tunnels a Vanessa and a Kenny (why?) and continually allows free hits while knocking down doors (combat stance and take it at an angle, which he eventually does).

In addition to neglecting objectives, he also doesn't use J2's Morph buff, chosing to use shift. (Note: with -shift Jasons, you can't catch up to the car when it's ahead of you, your only chance is shifting in from the side or head-on). 

47:00: Bad morph, but this should tell you that you shouldn't select the spot on the road to morph on Crystal Lake, because it'll always put you behind the white fence.  Aim a bit further south.

He does show good use of throwing knife before counselors attempt windows/after jumping through windows.  And, he gets REAL lucky at the end. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/256327688

Thanks, @Thatguyinktown

I've never seen anyone blatantly ignore objectives like that, using the one +trap Jason yet only setting one trap all match.  Yet even with that, and all the other points you pointed out, he still managed 6/8, which I'm sure is a reflection on the co-operation of the lobby.

I'd like to post the match that started this discussion - my 0/8 against you guys.  You've given me tons of tips already, but it'd be cool to hear your critique after seeing it the way I saw it.  I'll try to do that soon.

3 hours ago, JasonSquared said:

I'd like to post the match that started this discussion - my 0/8 against you guys.  You've given me tons of tips already, but it'd be cool to hear your critique after seeing it the way I saw it.  I'll try to do that soon.

I look forward to seeing that. I'll be honest, my memory isn't the best so I probably won't be able to tell you what I was doing the majority of that match when I was offscreen. Though I do think I may have been the one to call the police. If I'm mistaken I'm sure somebody else will inform us. 

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

ok-i-see-sfb5at.jpg

I forgot, man, I'M SORRY!  You weren't part of my list from last week.  I'll correct that.

But also, you in?

25 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I want to get in today. No promises, since real life has a way of shitting in my Cheerios.??

Just now, Alkavian said:

I want to get in today. No promises, since real life has a way of shitting in my Cheerios.??

Plus a wife that loves the Shonda Rhimes night.