Jump to content
FlameRiderSD

Your favorite horror movie deaths

Recommended Posts

I was thinking of this topic and now I want to ask,

What is your favorite horror movie death guys?

think of one or more of the following things when deciding your favorite death

brutality of the death,

Artistic/Almost beauty of death

Surprise of it,

How much it impacted the story.

How awesome

How memorable,

Creativity,

Effects

acting during death

are all points I consider during these kills and you should to

 

For me my all time favorite deaths are Axel from Friday the 13th part 4,

Captain Rhodes from day of the dead,

And Captain quint from jaws

 

Remember, its all opinion based and as a recommendation try to add a picture or clip of the death

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll play.

I like the woodchipper scene in Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

I'll follow up with a clip later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

26 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I'll play.

I like the woodchipper scene in Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

I'll follow up with a clip later.

I don't know the title of mine. But I remember the scene clearly.

It was these teens who stopped in a town full of really weird people. Anyway, they told one of them to get into a sideways barrel (with no bottom or top), and they'd roll them down the hill. Said it was lots of fun.

They guy begrudgingly agreed and crawled in. Then the people held his hands and feet (so he couldn't get out) while they hammered a ton of nails into the sides of the barrel.

Then they rolled him down the hill.

Dude got turned into hamburger meat.

Bleh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sleepaway Camp when the pedaphile cook gets thrown in the pot.

Scanners when the one guy's head explodes. Best head explosion ever.

A bunch of NOES ones. 

Murder-Set-Pieces girl in chair getting chainsaw to the guts scene.

Mother of Tears when she is hung by her own entrails.

My skin always crawls when Lucio Fulci executes a kill where something stabs through a person's eye. 

Braindead lawnmower scene. 

Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3, Sperm Bank fight. Now that's what I call a sticky situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tina's death Nightmare on elm street. The whole sequence is genius from start to finish.

The clever way craven started the film was tricking you into thinking Tina as the protagonist which makes the death even more shocking. 

It also shows how brutal and what Fred krueger is capable of. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Axe to the face- Friday the 13th (1980)

Johnny Depp blood fountain- A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Lifting nurse up with a scalpel, shoes fall off- Halloween II (1981)

Ripping Tom Atkin's jaw off with a pick axe- My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009)

Folding bed machete kill- Freddy vs. Jason (2003)

Hunting knife to the temple- Jason Lives (1986)

Pinning Bob to the wall with a kitchen knife- Halloween (1978)

Sleeping bag kill- The New Blood (1988)

Head Punch- Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)

Harpoon Gun Kill- Friday the 13th Part III (1982)

Hacksaw head twist- The Final Chapter (1984)

Cutting out steaming intestines at the dinner table- Bride of Chucky (1998)

Axe thrown at back- Friday the 13th (2009)

Machete through the skull- Friday the 13th (2009)

Kill from behind with sledgehammer- Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

Lifted off ground with chainsaw- Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers: The surgery room massacre, that gave me nightmares for years. The lights flash and you see shadows of doctors and nurses getting cut by Michael, that kind of brutality you didn't see in Halloween films until Rob Zombie's Halloween films.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

:( poor Lambert.

That Black Christmas scene made me jump out of my seat better than any violin James Wan can chuck at me :P  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a death scene. But Dallas getting caught in the vents during Alien and Parker's explaination of how he found the Flamethrower but no sign of the man freeked me out. I kept wondering where did it take him? Why did it take him? What is it doing to him? And when I found out in Aliens the scene made me feel even more uneasy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are too many to name an absolute favorite but this is one of my favorites.

 


 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:19 AM, kohagan said:

Tina's death Nightmare on elm street. The whole sequence is genius from start to finish.

The clever way craven started the film was tricking you into thinking Tina as the protagonist which makes the death even more shocking. 

It also shows how brutal and what Fred krueger is capable of. 

 

This is definitely the one I thought of immediately.  In all the years of watching horror movies, I have never seen a better kill than Tina getting cut open, drug up the wall and ceiling, and then dropped into a pool of blood on the bed and rolling into the floor limp and lifeless.  That scene was beautifully done from start to finish and without CG and current technology, which made it even better and more impressive.  I liked the way you got to see Freddy under the covers with Tina briefly before she is first cut, and then you see it from Rob's perspective where he cannot see Freddy at all-- only four slashes happening all at once.   It made the scene really disorienting and terrifying.  Oh, the movie where Freddy was still scary.  They just don't make movies like that anymore. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Hurt in Alien.

Shocking, brutal, beautifully shot by Ridley, amazingly well acted by everyone, great effects, and I imagine for Kane it must have been an absolutely horrific and painful death. 

It was the huge turning point in the film and you could argue it birthed the whole franchise.

I can't imagine what it was like seeing that in cinemas at the time having no idea it was coming ... talk about a "hoooo-leeee SHIT" moment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:34 AM, Matt23leo said:

This is definitely the one I thought of immediately.  In all the years of watching horror movies, I have never seen a better kill than Tina getting cut open, drug up the wall and ceiling, and then dropped into a pool of blood on the bed and rolling into the floor limp and lifeless.  That scene was beautifully done from start to finish and without CG and current technology, which made it even better and more impressive.  I liked the way you got to see Freddy under the covers with Tina briefly before she is first cut, and then you see it from Rob's perspective where he cannot see Freddy at all-- only four slashes happening all at once.   It made the scene really disorienting and terrifying.  Oh, the movie where Freddy was still scary.  They just don't make movies like that anymore. :( 

This one comes a close second for me ... another painfully brutal one that was amazingly well filmed. I always imagined what would be left of Tina when she fell backl to the bed, as it was only fleetingly shown on screen ... literally in pieces! A real stomach turner. Such a shame Freddy didn't remain this blunt and brutal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

It's not a death scene. But Dallas getting caught in the vents during Alien and Parker's explaination of how he found the Flamethrower but no sign of the man freeked me out. I kept wondering where did it take him? Why did it take him? What is it doing to him? And when I found out in Aliens the scene made me feel even more uneasy.

Presume you've seen the deleted scene from Alien where Ripley finds Dallas and Brett during her escape? ... the answer of what happened to them (which wasn't really followed through in terms of biology with the people they showed captured in Aliens) is even more gross than the sequels showed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Presume you've seen the deleted scene from Alien where Ripley finds Dallas and Brett during her escape? ... the answer of what happened to them (which wasn't really followed through in terms of biology with the people they showed captured in Aliens) is even more gross than the sequels showed.

Ah yes the eggmorphing scene. In the extended universe it takes a warrior two dead bodies and a live host to construct a queen egg. But back in 1987 when I first saw Alien this scene was not included. And I can see why. Ripley is supposed to be fleeing to the shuttle. Dropping a scene in the middle of that super tence ending effects the pacing. I do enjoy the scene. But part of what made the ambush in the atmosphere processor in Aliens so gut wrenching was the fact that you remembered it took Dallas in the first film instead of killing him. Seeing the adult eight foot tall killing machine with acid for blood also had a thing for fucking people to death made me even more terrified of the Alien.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Ah yes the eggmorphing scene. In the extended universe it takes a warrior two dead bodies and a live host to construct a queen egg. But back in 1987 when I first saw Alien this scene was not included. And I can see why. Ripley is supposed to be fleeing to the shuttle. Dropping a scene in the middle of that super tence ending effects the pacing. I do enjoy the scene. But part of what made the ambush in the atmosphere processor in Aliens so gut wrenching was the fact that you remembered it took Dallas in the first film instead of killing him. Seeing the adult eight foot tall killing machine with acid for blood also had a thing for fucking people to death made me even more terrified of the Alien.

It was a great scene, but quite right about the pacing, it would have slowed things too much.

The egg-morphing looked truly horrible, especially when Dallas croaked "Kill me" like he was in horrendous pain ... imagine having to watch your infected body slowly morph in to an alien egg. The stuff of nightmares!  I'm not so sure it was clear in the theatrical cut that the alien took Dallas to fuck him though; I just assumed it took him to kill him. Without the egg scene I'd still have assumed that.

Speaking of the xenomorph fucking them to death what did you think of the uncut Lambert death scene / crab walk scene?  I never picked up on that until I saw the deleted scene ... I just assumed Lambert got chomped and that was it. I totally missed the clue where you see Lambert's bare legs hanging down with no trousers on.

Looking back though, when you listen to the sounds of Lambert 'dying' that Ripley hears over the intercom, it does sound like there's more going on than just a quick death for her.  Ridley should have spent more time getting the crab walk scene right, so that it was more implicit that Lambert was raped to death ... that would have made it even more horrific!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

It was a great scene, but quite right about the pacing, it would have slowed things too much.

The egg-morphing looked truly horrible, especially when Dallas croaked "Kill me" like he was in horrendous pain ... imagine having to watch your infected body slowly morph in to an alien egg. The stuff of nightmares!  I'm not so sure it was clear in the theatrical cut that the alien took Dallas to fuck him though; I just assumed it took him to kill him. Without the egg scene I'd still have assumed that.

Speaking of the xenomorph fucking them to death what did you think of the uncut Lambert death scene / crab walk scene?  I never picked up on that until I saw the deleted scene ... I just assumed Lambert got chomped and that was it. I totally missed the clue where you see Lambert's bare legs hanging down with no trousers on.

Looking back though, when you listen to the sounds of Lambert 'dying' that Ripley hears over the intercom, it does sound like there's more going on than just a quick death for her.  Ridley should have spent more time getting the crab walk scene right, so that it was more implicit that Lambert was raped to death ... that would have made it even more horrific!  

"Horrific things happen to Lambert off screen." - Ridley Scott 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was always partial to the bed death from Freddy vs. Jason:

 

I think it's just the sheer over-the-top, unnecessary-ness of it. The guy was probably dead after the first stab, but Jason just keeps going and going, and then even breaks his spine to make sure he's super dead. I feel like this one kill just utterly defines Jason as a character. He's having fun with his murders, and keeps finding creative ways to kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×