J.J.

How the fuck do you play Dead by Daylight?

1 minute ago, thrawn3054 said:

As in why would they or literally how is the game played?

How? I’ve failed literally every match. It doesn’t make sense and everyone gets away too easily. People literally just disappear in front of you.

2 minutes ago, J.J. said:

How? I’ve failed literally every match. It doesn’t make sense and everyone gets away too easily. People literally just disappear in front of you.

Find one survivor.  Incap them..  Put them on a hook and then camp them till they die.    Wait for everyone to cry about it.

:D

• Haha 1

"How to play Dead By Daylight"

Step 1.  Buy "Dead by Daylight".

Step 2.  ???

Step 3.  Profit!

• Haha 1

How the hell does anybody fix those generators. You need Supergirl reflexes to do that. It pops up too fast. :(

I guess I just wasted $15.

• Like 1

Just now, J.J. said:

How the hell does anybody fix those generators. You need Supergirl reflexes to do that. It pops up too fast. :(

It just takes practice. I was constantly screwing them up when I first got the game. I felt like you did, I thought I would never get the hang of it. But it really just takes practice. And you hear a sound effect warning you that a skill check is going to pop up so make sure to listen for that.

I got people messaging me telling me how much I suck. ;-;

• Haha 1

I've been thinking about giving the game a go. A lot of people seem to like it. Have mixed feelings though. Kinda like going after the wife's sister. If I shes really good, do I ever come back to the wife?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, J.J. said:

I got people messaging me telling me how much I suck. ;-;

That's natural. The Dbd community, like a lot of gaming communities, can be quite salty.

2 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

That's natural. The Dbd community, like a lot of gaming communities, can be quite salty.

How do you pick maps?

You get looped around the same pallet for ten minutes, get blinded by a flashlight when the survivor finally decides to drop it and you can break it, and watch as everyone leaves as the generators all got powered as you were chasing the person.

Just now, gtdjlocker311 said:

And how is this related to F13?

Its main rival?

If you're playing as the killer, and you see a survivor running away from you, follow the orange scratch marks, they will lead you to them. Once you catch up to them, you have to hit them twice to knock them on the ground. Then, pick them up, and carry them to the nearest hook, and place them on it.

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

How do you pick maps?

You can't pick your maps like you can in F13. But you can burn what are called offerings which can heavily increase the odds of getting the map you want. You get these offerings on the bloodweb. You have to earn bloodpoints in the matches to buy these offerings off the bloodweb, just like every other item on it. The ones you want may take some time to show up on your bloodweb. Each map offering looks unique. For example the one for Haddonfield is a Strode Realty key. The one for the Saw map is a jigsaw puzzle piece.

3 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Its called an anology, and was a joke..  good grief.. twisted panties much?

Don’t touch my panties! :tiffbutt:-_-

30 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Don't worry, Jason only loves mommy... :huh:

My boyfriend calls me mommy.

It was between this and Dark Souls III and I figured I best get Dead by Daylight sooner before it loses traffic and becomes difficult to get a match going. I regret that decision and now I have to wait 4 more weeks for my next disability cheque!! :sadchappa::unsure:

27 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Are you 65 or something?

Tip: there's an audio chime before each skill check as a warning. Definitely don't need any special reflexes.

It's a really different game. One that requires smart leveling choices and you need to invest time into play to get better perks (especially for your Killers). I've put a good 8-10 hours into the game and have my Meg survivor just starting to become more useful.

Most people say to level up Claudette first as her perks (healing) are really beneficial for newer players. Eventually people move on to Meg for her speed.

Definitely don't judge the game based on a few hours. I still don't really like the game after 8-10 hours. But it's starting to open up and get better around that point. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Are you 65 or something?

Tip: there's an audio chime before each skill check as a warning. Definitely don't need any special reflexes.

I’m disabled .-.

22 minutes ago, J.J. said:

I’m disabled .-.

Fair enough.

But no. You don't need "supergirl" reflexes. Try to pay attention to the sound and it becomes much easier to hit the skill check.

However, there is a nasty Hex killers can have that require you to do "Great" skill checks only (the smaller QTE zone).