thrawn3054

How do you fight groups of counselors?

Just now, CrazyLawyer said:

I burned $40 on it; I want my achievements. I'll get them and then I'll go play Dead By Daylight until Last Year comes out. F13 is a bad game that insults the source material, has an unrealistic physics dynamic for the killer, and has soured me on future offerings from Gun Media and Illfonic. Go get a moderator if you don't like my opinion. They've banned me before; I'm sure they'll ban me again for not singing the praises of this crapfest.

I really don't care enough about your opinion to get a moderator. But these "achievements" are immaterial items. They don't exist in the actual physical world and can disappear like that once whatever platform you play on decides to remove the game, etc. So why are you wasting time trying to earn them?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

I just slash away hoping to get a few. Eventually they scatter if one of them dies or their weapons break. If they manage to get my mask off I will target the girls or if Tommy is there I will target him. But if I ever see sweater girl she's my main target until she's dead. 

This.

I love when 4 counselors surround me, talking shit and trying to act tough with their melee weapons. The glorious tears start the second you start swinging instead of grabbing (I only swing when they brazenly walk up to me in groups and try to jump me like a buncha morons).

This may be an incredibly stupid question, but when Jason is in combat stance what button is used for blocking again (PC, Xbox 360 controller)?

I was dueling with a Tommy last night and and the dude was kicking my ass. *sob*

If only block & slash would work properly we would not be talking about this. Anyway if there are 3-4 skilled and organized counselors you have no chance as Jason. 

anyways another useful tip is to try to bring them in an isolated place. If you stay near houses or other dead bodies they can get new weapons and especially new sprays more easily.

I have one quick kill in slot.    And usually just block, shift away and around the counselors.  Throw knives, slash and  use quick kill grabs..

Honestly never had any problems with getting ganged up on.  My only problem with getting ganged up on is everyone dies too fast :(

31 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

This may be an incredibly stupid question, but when Jason is in combat stance what button is used for blocking again (PC, Xbox 360 controller)?

I was dueling with a Tommy last night and and the dude was kicking my ass. *sob*

right bumper

I stalk, shift grab and I ALWAYS have the choke as a kill, as its animation seems to be the fastest. I also turn the power off close to Tommy’s radio house and trap it so it slows their time down to call tommy. I then target the faster girls first, like Vanessa. Then the stealthily girls like AJ. Then I kill off the remaining girls. I normally have this done before anyone fixes the power. When they attack in groups, I block until their weapon breaks then I shift grab the one closest who still has a weapon. That way the one is is weaponless, can not stun me and save their friend. ?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I was wondering what techniques people use to fight groups of counselors? Do you just block and slash, use knives, or grabs, or some combination? Any fun little tricks you like to use, or just pretty basic moves?

Keep swinging your weapon and make sure you're in combat stance.

48 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

right bumper

Yes, thank you! I just totally blanked last night, lol.

7 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

You're lucky to get 3/8 these days with bitch-mode Jason

Sounds like somebody isn't a very accomplished Jason player...

3 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

F13 is a bad game that insults the source material

Insults the source material? Listen, no matter you opinion on how the game actually plays (I personally love it, some bugs and balance issues aside), I can't see how anyone can say that the game wasn't made with an almost loving degree of attention to detail and the utmost level of respect for the series. The devs are obviously real F13 fans.

an unrealistic physics dynamic for the killer

wat? Please explain the issue with Jason's physics. Serious question.

Go get a moderator if you don't like my opinion. They've banned me before; I'm sure they'll ban me again for not singing the praises of this crapfest.

Um, people rip into the game and devs here every chance they get. I haven't seen anyone banned for bitching about the game. I'VE been legit banned once or twice, and it's only because I was trolling other posters, not complaining about bugs or glitches or whatever.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kepps-66 said:

I ALWAYS have the choke as a kill, as its animation seems to be the fastest.

Head Punch seems to be faster but you need slightly more space for it to activate. 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Yes, thank you! I just totally blanked last night, lol.

Funny enough, I always forget to use it. After seeing that block grab compilation video, I need to start practicing and up my game... Power to the Jason!

My advice would simply be to slash away and maybe if you have any left, place a few traps around the area you're being ganged up on in.

Slash, knives, move around to keep yourself from being surrounded and stay on "the outside" of the counselor gang bang group.

You can usually get an uninterrupted kill after 2 grabs with counselor saves, but I wouldn't recommend it,  since you risk taking damage with those counselor stun saves, and players have no qualms about attempting a Jason kill anymore.  I've had to change up my Rope-A-Dope strategy because of it.

2 hours ago, kepps-66 said:

I stalk, shift grab and I ALWAYS have the choke as a kill, as its animation seems to be the fastest. I also turn the power off close to Tommy’s radio house and trap it so it slows their time down to call tommy. I then target the faster girls first, like Vanessa. Then the stealthily girls like AJ. Then I kill off the remaining girls. I normally have this done before anyone fixes the power. When they attack in groups, I block until their weapon breaks then I shift grab the one closest who still has a weapon. That way the one is is weaponless, can not stun me and save their friend. ?

Dang, those are some ice cold killer tactics right there! :JasonPt7:

• Thanks 1

I don't mind when counsellors gang up on Jason. It's a very good strategy to survive the match. I only have a problem when they start tea bagging. Like really? How old are we? Or when they just beat on you just to beat on you and no one has gotten Tommy or the sweater and they clearly don't give a shit about objectives. Then they call you trash and Yada yada. It becomes annoying and then if you kill them they get so angry it's hilarious. I'll have to try the block technique. I'm on PS4 and havent had the game long. How do I block?

22 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

. I'll have to try the block technique. I'm on PS4 and havent had the game long. How do I block?

Right bumper in Combat Stance which translates to...R1, I Think? I don't know PS4

12 hours ago, ns7979 said:

Block

Doesn't take long for them to all break their weapons.

The great equalizer.  Then it's time to slash like a mofo.

Every scenario faced with a gang of counsellors is going to be different eg all inside a cabin or surrounding the car. You have to try your best to stand your ground, block, take the hits and pick your moments to attack, stealth can be good to use to make some drop their guard. It can be difficult when facing an aggressive and skilled bunch though. 

Block, slash, and use your knives.

When the counselor goes for a swing, block, exit, and throw a knife\slash them.. That's how i handle a group of counselors.

Knives do about 30% damage, so. It will only take 4 knives to kill them.

Recommend runing both Part 3 & part 4 Jasons, it works with any Jason. But the +Weapon Strength will reduce the amount of slashs it takes to kill a counselor. With Weapon Strength its 3 slashs, and without Weapon Strength It's 5-6 slashs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Right bumper in Combat Stance which translates to...R1, I Think? I don't know PS4

Yes. R1. The same as XBox’s RB. On PS4 it is called R1. But you are correct none the less. 

11 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Jason takes so little it is basically nothing.

Damage values for counselor vs Jason

Other than for defending it also offers you the optimal opportunity to counter eg. Block Grab.

Hey Tommy, if you don’t mind can you teach me how to block? I mean i know how to, but like do i just hold down R1, and Jason will remain blocking? Or do i have to exit then enter combat stance again? Because i can remember, this match where i was being ganged up on and my block won’t stay up. I hold down R1, and there is like a delay, then i end up taking damage, i try tapping R1, but there is still a delay. 

Some slashing and quick grab kill as fast you can generally does the trick.   They will all scatter like Herpes after 1-2 quick grab kills 

11 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

I burned $40 on it; I want my achievements. I'll get them and then I'll go play Dead By Daylight until Last Year comes out. F13 is a bad game that insults the source material, has an unrealistic physics dynamic for the killer, and has soured me on future offerings from Gun Media and Illfonic. Go get a moderator if you don't like my opinion. They've banned me before; I'm sure they'll ban me again for not singing the praises of this crapfest.

You have the right to dislike the game and it's really sad for you. I think it's a great game and Jason is still strong. But the game evolved since its release, and it's not because of patch or amount of pocket knives (but I agree for med spray). No, it's because the players who play since last year are really strong now, so it's most difficult to be Jason now. We can't blame any dev for that.

I just think we should adapt to that and the game is still great, just different from the beginning. Best game in QP are with all sort of level, not only lvl 150 players.