Anonymous

How do you get this Deborah sweater for PC version?

That's a texture that came with the physical (disc) version of the game. Not sure if pc got those clothes or not, nor if they can.

14 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

That's a texture that came with the physical (disc) version of the game. Not sure if pc for those clothes or not, not if they can.

Pic is from the PC version.

1 minute ago, Anonymous said:

Pic is from the PC version.

They were either one of the handful of people who ordered a physical copy, or more likely just used some trickery to illegitimately unlock it for their account.

Just now, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Did you purchase the physical copy? I know @TiffanyxAJ already said this but it comes along with the physical release.

There was a physical release for the PC version like in retail?

Just now, Anonymous said:

I don't believe there was, then again it seems unfair to leave out the clothing pack for pc players. The guy in the photo probably just hacked it in if that's the case.

yeah that sweater  you need to hack in for the pc version there is no legitmate way to obtain it for pc at this current time

3 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Not at retail, but if you backed or pre-ordered the game on backerkit you could get a physical copy sent to you. I doubt it even had a disc, probably just a shiny box and a code.

15 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Not at retail, but if you backed or pre-ordered the game on backerkit you could get a physical copy sent to you. I doubt it even had a disc, probably just a shiny box and a code.

@JPops can inform us what was included in the PC physical copies. Pretty sure he got one (or more).

I have one steelbook for PC and a regular version, however I can not confirm anything as I am leaving them sealed. 

30 minutes ago, JPops said:

I have one steelbook for PC and a regular version, however I can not confirm anything as I am leaving them sealed. 

Well then...

Either way, as far as I know, the physical copies only include a Steam code inside and none of the console physical exclusives are included.

I've also never seen those exclusives while playing on PC. So I'm assuming they're not there at all (other than this hacked one from the first post of this thread).

You can't. Gun Media and Illfonic don't give a single fuck about the pre-order, digital customers they lured in with promises they'll never keep. Folks who buy the game today get all the perks; we're just cash cows set up for financial slaughter. I'll never buy another product from this studio.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Can you get banned?

5 hours ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

No, it’s just using texures from the physical copy. 

I wouldn't be too sure on that one.  Although I HIGHLY doubt someone would take the time to report something such as an article of clothing, the devs DO have the power to ban if they deem it as breaking the rules (like the jargon on copying/duplicating/hacking/modifying in the EUA/Code of Conduct).  I totally get that it doesn't affect anything in the game since it is just cosmetic, so it shouldn't be a huge deal.  It's a very small and doubtful possibility of a ban, but possible nonetheless.  

4 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

I wouldn't be too sure on that one.  Although I HIGHLY doubt someone would take the time to report something such as an article of clothing, the devs DO have the power to ban if they deem it as breaking the rules (like the jargon on copying/duplicating/hacking/modifying in the EUA/Code of Conduct).  I totally get that it doesn't affect anything in the game since it is just cosmetic, so it shouldn't be a huge deal.  It's a very small and doubtful possibility of a ban, but possible nonetheless.  

I agree. Probably, technically an offense that could get a player banned but unlikely. 

There's 2 kinds of game hacking.

The harmless version where people do things like modding a sweater or other similar things where, in my opinion, it's something PC gamers do because they can and it doesn't hurt the game. 

Then the other type of hacking where players outright cheat and run around with a God-mode Uber Jason and that does have a grossly negative effect on gameplay. 

9 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I agree. Probably, technically an offense that could get a player banned but unlikely. 

There's 2 kinds of game hacking.

The harmless version where people do things like modding a sweater or other similar things where, in my opinion, it's something PC gamers do because they can and it doesn't hurt the game. 

Then the other type of hacking where players outright cheat and run around with a God-mode Uber Jason and that does have a grossly negative effect on gameplay. 

I think the point is, if they are putting time and energy into something that has no effect on game play, what are they willing to do to gain an advantage at the same time?

Aren't the files in the PC version different than the console version? I'm wondering why these textures would be buried in our game files if they never intended to give people access to them.

If they are NOT normally in our files, then this would be something only the user can see. 

5 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

They don't ban hacking they cover it up

• Like 1

18 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I think the point is, if they are putting time and energy into something that has no effect on game play, what are they willing to do to gain an advantage at the same time?

Believe it or not there are some people that maintain a certain, I don't know, ethical code we'll say where a player might mod the game where they've got Uber Jason available but would only use him in offline for multiple reasons. They may not want to get banned and they may also just not want to use him in QP because they know it'll ruin the game and It's just cheap. This type of player would also probably dump the mod once Uber is officially released since they're only using him in offline because they think he looks cool. 

Then you get the other type that simply doesn't care. They'll ruin everyone's game until they get banned and once that happens just crack another game and do it again. They're probably also a hardcore rage quitter. 

All I'm saying is think there's a difference. But, if someone were to mod a sweater and get banned, as lame as I would think that was I also couldn't say the ban was wrong.

Maybe if some level of modding were acceptable and didn't come with the threat of a ban it would let people get that out of their system. If there were counselors running around QP with all kinds of modding clothing prints and patterns I would be totally fine with that. 

Would also think level building would be an amazing addition.