Freddie Mercury

What games are you looking forward to this year and next year?

I'm getting Red Dead Redemption 2 and the new Spider-Man as soon as I get back from camp in August. 

Still waiting for the FF7 Remake. Which, I heard, is going to be later than previously anticipated.

8 hours ago, Flyin_J said:

Still waiting for the FF7 Remake. Which, I heard, is going to be later than previously anticipated.

It was announced 3 years ago and the last trailer was two and a half years ago. As I understand it they outsourced it (for some unfathomable reason), then cancelled the outsourcing, fired the dev team they outsourced it to and had to shift to internal development. I've also heard they had to largely rebuild everything, so the development was probably set back a full year just by that. It's Square Enix so I except more blunders to come.

11 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

It was announced 3 years ago and the last trailer was two and a half years ago. As I understand it they outsourced it (for some unfathomable reason), then cancelled the outsourcing, fired the dev team they outsourced it to and had to shift to internal development. I've also heard they had to largely rebuild everything, so the development was probably set back a full year just by that. It's Square Enix so I except more blunders to come.

I read that recently, and it's very unfortunate. But SE makes good games with great quality to them, so I expect that it will be wonderful in the end.

Just now, Flyin_J said:

But SE makes good games with great quality to them

15 years ago, maybe. Now most of their big releases are messes and their good games tend to be made by Western development studios they own, or small B teams making handheld stuff.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

15 years ago, maybe. Now most of their big releases are messes and their good games tend to be made by Western development studios they own, or small B teams making handheld stuff.

I consider FF15 to be a great game. Cinematically, at least. I've played it since release, and played all of the expansions. Except Comrades.  Very dull multiplayer attempt. I'm still a bit sore that my pre-order item is available for everyone to buy, for $0.99.

FF15? That game is a barely held together patchwork. Blatantly unfinished, basically early access disguised as a full release, kind of like this game, except this game didn't charge us extra after the fact for half of the additions. FF15 is a mess. It also has probably the least engaging opening to any JRPG ever. The combat is hilariously bad, holding down a button to attack and dodge removes any feeling of weight from the combat and makes it feel largely automated. Kingdom Hearts did it better two console generations ago.

That's why I said "Cinematically". Playing at level 100 through New Game+ without enemies scaling to your party's average level makes the game too easy.

Last of Us 2 definitely.  I'm also looking forward to Spider-Man PS4, and The Walking Dead from Overkill.  They all look like they are going to be great games.  Next year, I hope Mortal Kombat 11.  

I have been taking a break from F13, I've finally started playing Bloodborne,

I am trying to get it done by [Dark Souls Remastered, so that game is my #1],

#2 RDR 2,

#3 Days Gone

#4 Ghost of Tsushima [whenever it will be released]

Jurassic World Evolution on PS4

Spyro on PS4

Kingdom Hearts 3 on PS4

That's my list for right now. Read dead 2 is on the list but only after it comes out. 

I just hope Borderlands 3 gets announced anytime soon (which is likely to happen). Well , I look forward to it since I played through the Pre-Sequel. But it´s probably gonna release next year or later.

I don´t really care about today´s games because most are the same and some stupid shooters.

Well Last Year : The Nightmare has some potential. I am gonna see how it looks and look if I buy that.

I just buy older games.