When you play as someone with high stealth and someone that plays as Vanessa stays attached to your hip for some reason.  

I was just playing a game as AJ, I had the fuse and keys, I was trying to find the phone box house (of course no one else had completed tasks or picked up and dropped items they saw).  I was moving around the entire map and couldnt find the phone box. Came across the Tommy radio (which no one even radiod him in...), Called him and then I notice it's down to three (including Tommy now).  The player that's Vanessa sprints over to me (Jason not chasing her currently) and starts sticking to my hip. I say on my mic "hey separate, you're going to draw Jason to me", and they proceed to stick with me. Totally unexpectedly, Jason appears , she takes off, he goes after me since I'm slower and I get killed.

Frustrating. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

When you play as someone with high stealth and someone that plays as Vanessa stays attached to your hip for some reason.  

I was just playing a game as AJ, I had the fuse and keys, I was trying to find the phone box house (of course no one else had completed tasks or picked up and dropped items they saw).  I was moving around the entire map and couldnt find the phone box. Came across the Tommy radio (which no one even radiod him in...), Called him and then I notice it's down to three (including Tommy now).  The player that's Vanessa sprints over to me (Jason not chasing her currently) and starts sticking to my hip. I say on my mic "hey separate, you're going to draw Jason to me", and they proceed to stick with me. Totally unexpectedly, Jason appears , she takes off, he goes after me since I'm slower and I get killed.

Frustrating. 

I hate this so much, like I know this games main theme is team-work but you don’t have to be conjoined twins

10 minutes ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

I hate this so much, like I know this games main theme is team-work but you don’t have to be conjoined twins

Especially when you're down to 3 or less. Split up and give others a chance to complete objectives. 

Ya, it can be annoying.

The worst are the players that run straight towards the nearest circle on the map when Jason appears, and run up to your cabin and start saying things directly to you so he knows you're there. "Get out here and help me" "Why are you hiding?" etc.

One guy ran into my cabin with Jason chasing him and was like "He knows you're under the bed". Jason said "I had no clue, but thanks" -.-

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

Especially when you're down to 3 or less. Split up and give others a chance to complete objectives. 

Exactly!

15 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

Ya, it can be annoying.

The worst are the players that run straight towards the nearest circle on the map when Jason appears, and run up to your cabin and start saying things directly to you so he knows you're there. "Get out here and help me" "Why are you hiding?" etc.

One guy ran into my cabin with Jason chasing him and was like "He knows you're under the bed". Jason said "I had no clue, but thanks" -.-

Wow. Hate people like that 

Or at the very least, don't bunch up. Either let the less stealthy character take point and draw Jason's attention while the stealthy fixer does their thing, or have the louder character lag 10-15 paces behind so they can run and save the fixer from jason.

Sounds to me like Vanessa was buying herself time by sacrificing you. Best you can hope for is Jason got her after.

This is one of the reasons I liked being able to damage counselors in QP. This is in the first week or so after release. I was Kenny and had a Vanessa do the same to me. After I told her to leave me, and she didn't, I took a bat to her and left her limping. You don't have to run fast, you just have to run faster then that loud ass bitch. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Sounds to me like Vanessa was buying herself time by sacrificing you. Best you can hope for is Jason got her after.

This is one of the reasons I liked being able to damage counselors in QP. This is in the first week or so after release. I was Kenny and had a Vanessa do the same to me. After I told her to leave me, and she didn't, I took a bat to her and left her limping. You don't have to run fast, you just have to run faster then that loud ass bitch. 

Lol.  It's just a bad strategy though. With 3 people left and the only objective complete was a battery installed (by me), it's not abgood strategy to sacrifice a good repairer left.  They'd have been better bringing him to the Tommy player than me as it'll be a matter of time before Jason picks off the last two. 

2 hours ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

Frustrating. 

I find this funny AF. When I’m playing a stealth character a default clothing Vanessa, follows me around everywhere I go. But eh, I don’t let it bother me anymore. 

51 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

Lol.  It's just a bad strategy though. With 3 people left and the only objective complete was a battery installed (by me), it's not abgood strategy to sacrifice a good repairer left.  They'd have been better bringing him to the Tommy player than me as it'll be a matter of time before Jason picks off the last two. 

Some people are just out for themselves. You find out who they are pretty quick in this game. The other night I put the gas in car(2 seater), grab flare gun to defend against jason while car is started, I fire and turn around to run to car, another guy hops in and yells cya AJ!.. I'm pretty sure they both died and I escaped to cops. It was all good.. :D Karma is a bitch when you leave an AJ behind....

1 hour ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

It depends. You want to keep the other counselors alive as long as possible because it means Jason may have other distractions. However by sacrificing another later in the game, a runner like Vanessa or Chad may be able to run the clock down and survive. The time Jason took to finish you gave them time to move away, to replenish stamina, to possibly restock gear or to prep a cabin. It really depends on the skill level of the player. With the average player, it might have been a bad strategy, though I know more than a few who could capitalize on it. 

11 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Some people are just out for themselves. You find out who they are pretty quick in this game. The other night I put the gas in car(2 seater), grab flare gun to defend against jason while car is started, I fire and turn around to run to car, another guy hops in and yells cya AJ!.. I'm pretty sure they both died and I escaped to cops. It was all good.. :D Karma is a bitch when you leave an AJ behind....

That is a reason why AJ is an ANGEL.

10 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

It's not like any of this matters: Jason is a big, soft bitch in this game. Just beat the retard.

Why are you so angry? Jason was taken down by women, kids and a telekinetic girl and got beaten around in all of the movies. He was never unbeatable.