megaweenieman

Still too many pocket knives

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

Its not hack and slash Jasons ruining your death scenes, more often than not, it is the people that get in Jason's face and want to fight, alone or in groups... you will get slashed. The Jason player does not know if you are running thick skin or what the percentage of damage reduction it has for you, neither do most keep track of how many slashes you have taken or should take.... you will simply be slashed....deal with it.

No, they’re just hack n’ slash Jasons. I’m not trying to beat up on Jason, I’m left with no choice. I’m not one of those battle Chads. But if I’m trying to stay alive, I have no choice but to dance with him, especially if I’m being tunneled.

I play this game a little every night, and run into one, on average, once a night. It’s not a huge deal; hack n’ slash Jasons prove to not be very good at the game in general, so their success is limited. It’s like playing a fighting game where you have a move list containing a toe kick and... that’s it.

Yes, I said my knife idea wasn’t well-thought out; I was just trying to make the knife useful. I use most of mine on traps. Indeed, any sort of parry IS ridiculous, but you’re talking as if this game is realistic. And it’s not, nor is it meant to be. There’s nothing realistic about the movies either. I can definitely see how a Jason player would slash his way out of a group of battle Chads, but these scenarios for me have been rare. A hack n’ slash Jason is just trying to avoid a possible knife.

The bottom line is that, it’s predominantly Jason mains that want less knives, and it’s because they’re not very good. I sometimes get frustrated when one player is hoarding knives, but I just go after them more. Eventually, their resources run dry and they die. I just think it’s funny that people think there’s too many knives, when they’re just hack n’ slash Jasons anyway. Jason’s slash is virtually unstoppable, and it’s the only thing they’ll use, and now on top of it, they want less knives on the map. 

Sounds more to me like those players simply want to press one button at the beginning of the game and win.

510C0ADB-A37A-4320-8E06-C942E67F80C3.jpeg

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JackTV said:

No, they’re just hack n’ slash Jasons. I’m not trying to beat up on Jason, I’m left with no choice. I’m not one of those battle Chads. But if I’m trying to stay alive, I have no choice but to dance with him, especially if I’m being tunneled.

I play this game a little every night, and run into one, on average, once a night. It’s not a huge deal; hack n’ slash Jasons prove to not be very good at the game in general, so their success is limited. It’s like playing a fighting game where you have a move list containing a toe kick and... that’s it.

Yes, I said my knife idea wasn’t well-thought out; I was just trying to make the knife useful. I use most of mine on traps. Indeed, any sort of parry IS ridiculous, but you’re talking as if this game is realistic. And it’s not, nor is it meant to be. There’s nothing realistic about the movies either. I can definitely see how a Jason player would slash his way out of a group of battle Chads, but these scenarios for me have been rare. A hack n’ slash Jason is just trying to avoid a possible knife.

The bottom line is that, it’s predominantly Jason mains that want less knives, and it’s because they’re not very good. I sometimes get frustrated when one player is hoarding knives, but I just go after them more. Eventually, their resources run dry and they die. I just think it’s funny that people think there’s too many knives, when they’re just hack n’ slash Jasons anyway. Jason’s slash is virtually unstoppable, and it’s the only thing they’ll use, and now on top of it, they want less knives on the map. 

Sounds more to me like those players simply want to press one button at the beginning of the game and win.

510C0ADB-A37A-4320-8E06-C942E67F80C3.jpeg

Pretty solid. I do agree with you for the most part. That said, just because Jason is slashing you to death doesn't make him a shit Jason or a true hack n slash monster. If he slashes everyone, it is pretty annoying (like using choke on an entire lobby).

However, there are times when slash killing is the smart move (a battle for an objective where a knife is too risky, or killing the last player with only a few seconds to go), but many Jasons slash when the urgency just isn't necessary... That is when it is frustrating, as if they are not planning to counter your knife, but are just terrified that you will have one because they don't feel good enough to catch you a second time.

Slashing to avoid a knife when that knife could be the difference between the 4 seater escaping is smart though. I tip my hat to those Jasons.

Slashing everyone when no one is working on objectives, the lobby is full of noobs, and there is still tons of time left... Just kinda seems like Jason needs to take a dump and wants the match to end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Pretty solid. I do agree with you for the most part. That said, just because Jason is slashing you to death doesn't make him a shit Jason or a true hack n slash monster. If he slashes everyone, it is pretty annoying (like using choke on an entire lobby).

However, there are times when slash killing is the smart move (a battle for an objective where a knife is too risky, or killing the last player with only a few seconds to go), but many Jasons slash when the urgency just isn't necessary... That is when it is frustrating, as if they are not planning to counter your knife, but are just terrified that you will have one because they don't feel good enough to catch you a second time.

Slashing to avoid a knife when that knife could be the difference between the 4 seater escaping is smart though. I tip my hat to those Jasons.

Slashing everyone when no one is working on objectives, the lobby is full of noobs, and there is still tons of time left... Just kinda seems like Jason needs to take a dump and wants the match to end.

Thank you. You get it. In no way am I saying that one slash here or there doesn’t have its place. And the player can’t be blamed for using it when it was put there for them to use. But it’s extremely unrewarding. That’s poor game design.

Its a big reason I don’t have a problem with the amount of knives on the map. 

I'm I the only one who isn't annoyed by Slashing Jasons?  They are far easier to handle than Jasons that go for grabs first in a 1v1 scenario.  Spacing, blocking, and punishing, handling them isn't a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I'm I the only one who isn't annoyed by Slashing Jasons?  They are far easier to handle than Jasons that go for grabs first in a 1v1 scenario.  Spacing, blocking, and punishing, handling them isn't a problem.

^ Knowledgeable player. Slashing Jasons are indeed the easiest to handle because for every single slash they execute, they can be stunned for immediately. It is as simple as block slash > counterhit. Or ideally good whiffbaiting and counterhit so no damage to you is dealt. Jason has recovery frames on his slash that cannot be cancelled, so if he whiffs, the stun is yours.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Nope, your not alone .Slashing is a legit method in the game and could be used to stop group work if done correctly.

Posts like this shouldnt exist. 4 knives aint too much. It's too little for someone who can grab you and insta kill you.

• Thanks 1

I'd prefer another tool to be able to disarm traps. As a Deborah fixer, a slow runner and not a super looter I rarely get to the pocket knives first and when I do I need them to escape. However I'm super diligent about running parts and fixing things however when I arrive at the phone box with the fuse and it is trapped I just have to toss the fuse on the ground since I can't tank it and getting a QP player to doing anything useful is Iffy at best. So off I go look for another object to complete. 

The statement a "hack and slash" Jason is a bad player is hilarious, and delusion.   Every time someone has a pocket knife, they get mad when Jason kills them via a slash.

8 minutes ago, GrandMoff said:

I'd prefer another tool to be able to disarm traps. As a Deborah fixer, a slow runner and not a super looter I rarely get to the pocket knives first and when I do I need them to escape. However I'm super diligent about running parts and fixing things however when I arrive at the phone box with the fuse and it is trapped I just have to toss the fuse on the ground since I can't tank it and getting a QP player to doing anything useful is Iffy at best. So off I go look for another object to complete. 

This. And usually I have to circle back around and step in the trap myself anyways cuz everyone in the game completely ignores my call outs to the phone house or the big icon on the map screaming come fix me! End result is failed objective cuz jason is always there before have time to call cops yourself..

53 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

The statement a "hack and slash" Jason is a bad player is hilarious, and delusion.   Every time someone has a pocket knife, they get mad when Jason kills them via a slash.

I’m not alone when I say it, and I stand by it. Having the slash in your arsenal is one thing; relying on it to get you through the game is a different story entirely. It’s there for you to use, so I encourage anyone to have at it, but I’m surprised you’d recognize slash dependency as anything other than being bad at the game, when the rewarding elements are the grabs, environments, etc. Why do you think Jason is rewarded with more XP for kills that require skill and knowledge of the mechanics? 

Again, it’s up to you how you wish to play, but to suggest my point is invalid because you depend on the slash is where the delusion is.

6 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I’m not alone when I say it, and I stand by it. Having the slash in your arsenal is one thing; relying on it to get you through the game is a different story entirely. It’s there for you to use, so I encourage anyone to have at it, but I’m surprised you’d recognize slash dependency as anything other than being bad at the game, when the rewarding elements are the grabs, environments, etc. Why do you think Jason is rewarded with more XP for kills that require skill and knowledge of the mechanics? 

Again, it’s up to you how you wish to play, but to suggest my point is invalid because you depend on the slash is where the delusion is.

No offense, but when I load up this game, I'm not on to entertain JackTV... If you don't want to get hack and slashed get better? Adjust your game to the situation and escape or survive... or die....

• Like 1

What's wrong with slashing? To me grabbing is easier to kill someone because 9/10 they can't escape in time unless they have a pocket knife. If you're slashing they can jump through a window. Stun you. Run and get away, or heal themselves Vs a grab where your only chance is another player helping your or a PK. It's not about what's more rewarding or gives you more xp. It's about killing all of the counsellors before they escape. And sometimes depending on the player you're trying to kill, slashing may be what works on them better, just like sometimes grabbing may be what works better. Why are we knocking on ways people choose to play? It's there for a reason, it's not there to ONLY use in group bearings or against Tommy.

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

No offense, but when I load up this game, I'm not on to entertain JackTV... If you don't want to get hack and slashed get better? Adjust your game to the situation and escape or survive... or die....

I don’t get killed by hack n’ slashers anymore. And, if you read my post, I stated that I encourage people to play how they want.??‍♂️

Slashing, it happens.... don't brag about having a knife, or it will happen to you. 

The number of PK's in the game is fine right now, imo.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I don’t get killed by hack n’ slashers anymore. And, if you read my post, I stated that I encourage people to play how they want.??‍♂️

Yeah, I find it way more easy to escape a slasher then a grabber, but everyone has their own style...

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yeah, I find it way more easy to escape a slasher then a grabber, but everyone has their own style...

Right. 

The bigger point I was trying to make was about the knives. I don’t see the number of knives as a big deal, because hack n’ slashers render them useless as escapes anyway. I almost always use knives for traps nowadays.

4 hours ago, carnage4u said:

They get mad because they believe they are safe from Jason's bigger threat, the grab-kill, but don't know how to deal with slasher, so they complain.  Most "hack and slash" Jasons I've come across are not good Jasons and players that fall victim to them are equally not good counselors.

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

If you don't want to get hack and slashed get better...

Yea pretty much this.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Slashing, it happens.... don't brag about having a knife, or it will happen to you.

I play very brave and aggressive toward Jason, with or without pocket knives.  Since many Jasons assume I have a PK when I confront them when I don't, they'll resort to slashing even though grabbing is the bigger threat.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, SirMang said:

I'd honestly be okay with no pocket knives in matches.

Most people use them as get out of jail free cards early in the match, thus playing carelessly and wasting them, and never both using them to disarm a trap on the fusebox or the car.  They then die a minute or so later and have contributed nothing.  Maybe if they didn't have a pocket knife they would be more helpful towards the team effort...even if just to be more cautious and not be all up in Jason's face. 

Personally, I'd miss them if they were gone since I do actually use them on objectives that are trapped...even if I do not have the objective part.  

pocket knives would actually mean something if there weren't so many med sprays. How many matches do you play as a counselor and you have 4 med sprays and pocket knife? you don't even hesitate to go take a trap and use one of your med sprays, its ridiculous.Not to mention its not very realistic. Do away with the med perk all together, there are enough med sprays as is. Plus it takes away the effectiveness of throwing knives. I cant tell you how many wasted knives I use per round. How many times have you used 3 knives on a Deb and right before you grab her you get shot by another counselor, she crawls through a window and you hear her using one of her sprays lol. GET  RID OF THE MED PERK

@JackTV I see some slashers kill the entire lobby one at a time in this way as well from time to time. I just do not complain. Chances are I will not be facing the same type of Jason in the next match. I was not saying do not attack Jason, I was saying getting in Jason's face does not usually end well for counselors, and if they want to swing a weapon at Jason, he is fully within his rights to do the same to them. They are free to block and so is Jason.
   Slashing is a useful tactic in many situations and I agree that it is boring when a Jason player slashes down people for no reason, but I am not a mind reader either... they may have a reason that is justified to them... so I do not complain. Some slashing Jason's are actually awesome players... you give them so little credit because you do not like how they play. Just because they slash does not mean they are not good at the game... we all have good games and bad games.
   I do not think there are too many pocket knives, I like the game as it sits now on most issues, including pocket knives.... but nothing the devs do will ever make everybody happy. I have never actually met a "Jason Main" all of us get to play counselors way more often then we get to play Jason... Anyone that keeps quitting until they get Jason, must spend an incredible amount of time in the game, not playing at all. The upcoming Jason selection change will make quitting until you get Jason a thing of the past anyway... even in the Salt Mines.
   It sounds to me like the people that want more pocket knives in the game want it to be a cake walk to escape and have a slasher that is not allowed to slash. It is in no way poor game design to allow slashers to slash. You are complaining about a few players playing the game how they want to play it. It is not your place or mine to tell other players how they should or should not play, considering they are within the rules and using in game mechanics without exploits.... A slash follow by several more slashes is not an exploit in any way... no more than a counselor swinging a bat over and over again is an exploit.

As far as realism goes... there is plenty of realism in the movies. A car drives just like a car does in real life. When Vera was shot in the eye with a spear gun, she died.... just like it would happen to pretty much anyone in real life that was shot in the eye with a spear gun.... I could go on and on with this. The unrealistic thing in the movies was the unstoppable killer... who in some of the movies, was undead. This is where you need some voluntary suspension of disbelief. There are very few other unrealistic things I can think of... non come to mind at the moment. Poor dialogue and stupid people is not in any way unrealistic... I would argue that these are the most realistic things in the movies.
   The less realism in a movie, the cheesier and more laughable it gets. Some people today call these movies cheesy or campy. You have to remember that at the time they came out, they were the bloodiest gore fests that you could find.... in their own time, they were far from cheesy or campy.
   To keep something from being cheesy and campy, you need as much realism as possible to the story you are trying to tell... Some things in a game cannot be realistic or you loose playability, like if any counselor died after one shot with any of Jason's weapons, or there was no way to heal yourself... the game would be much less fun and perhaps unplayable. Too many unrealistic things and you turn anything into a complete joke.

@GeneiJin You are not the only one who isn't annoyed by slashing Jasons.... but sometimes it seems we are out numbered by those who are annoyed with a player using what sometimes can be his only workable offence. The only people I see in game complaining are the ones attacking him in large groups.

Again, I encourage my posts to be re-read. I encourage everyone to play how they please. I never argued to the contrary.

However, I am entitled to stand by my claim that slash-only players are less skilled at the game than those who can execute kills the way the game was designed. This is just a fact. It’s like a fighting game where one player has a single move he repeats the whole match. He may have won a round, but he’s not on the level of a skilled player.

The topic is about knives, but I struck a nerve with a couple of hack n’ slashers. That wasn’t my intention. I was just curious as to why there are too many knives when hack n’ slashers have rendered them useless as defensive tools anyway? 

On 4/23/2018 at 12:49 AM, GeneiJin said:

The Jasons you've played with obviously don't know how to block and they don't know how powerful it is. Slashing is the most effective way to kill counselors when using a slasher Jason in almost any scenario. 

• Thanks 1

I don't mind Slasher Jason's, as it is a effective way to whittle down a counselor's health so you can grab kill them. Even if they have a pocket knife, can still grab them again as they hobble away. Use throwing knives at a distance and make them use healing spray if they have it, get in close... slash a few times...

2 minutes ago, Deth_Hed said:

I don't mind Slasher Jason's, as it is a effective way to whittle down a counselor's health so you can grab kill them. Even if they have a pocket knife, can still grab them again as they hobble away. Use throwing knives at a distance and make them use healing spray if they have it, get in close... slash a few times...

If you grab them and they have a pocket knife, they can heal spray and get away. It's more effective to just kill them by slashing, especially if you already have them in the limp state. It only takes 2 hits to immobile with a slasher Jason, might as well hit them again and get it over with. Slashing also kills much faster and grants more time to hunting.

1 minute ago, stoney said:

If you grab them and they have a pocket knife, they can heal spray and get away. It's more effective to just kill them by slashing, especially if you already have them in the limp state. It only takes 2 hits to immobile with a slasher Jason, might as well hit them again and get it over with. Slashing also kills much faster and grants more time to hunting.

Which is why I use throwing knives first... so they use their healing sprays, then get up close while they heal and slash.