megaweenieman

Still too many pocket knives

7 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Yes! Exactly dude. Unless they start talking crap after I went easy on them lol. Try and and get new players to stay and not scare them off. 

It’s just so, interesting to see low levels play lol. But yeah, on rare caeses if they do have a mic they just explain how they almost shat them selfs and don’t want to against me anymore haha. Also i don’t feel cool after wiping out a whole lobby of low levels, it’s just not challenging but then again it’s better than suicidal trolls. Also another funny thing is that players still rage quit and suicide even i’m using J7, which is odd if you ask me. 

9 minutes ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

It’s just so, interesting to see low levels play lol. But yeah, on rare caeses if they do have a mic they just explain how they almost shat them selfs and don’t want to against me anymore haha. Also i don’t feel cool after wiping out a whole lobby of low levels, it’s just not challenging but then again it’s better than suicidal trolls. Also another funny thing is that players still rage quit and suicide even i’m using J7, which is odd if you ask me. 

The shame lol, and yes odd as his DLC kills are cool. Always hope the part 7's I face have them. 

17 hours ago, Ahab said:

You are also among the top players I have chased in this game at evasion tactics... which is why I would single you out if I saw you in game (no offense meant)....

Hahaha, it's the ultimate complement when you have to factor a gameplan dealing with a pain-in-the-ass.  :lol:.  A Jason player I play with often said he'd kill randoms or easy targets first so I'll get a bad Tommy or avoid trying killing me first for the same reason, lol.

• Like 1

Yeah, a bit too much. But honestly, the high ammount of first aid sprays (and also the x2 perk) is more annoying. That allows people in an act of desperation to jump out of a 2nd floor window and heal themselves right after, which is bizarre.

The use of first aid sprays should be nerfed. Reduce the number of sprays, remove that x2 perk and make the first aid spray less automatic to use (more time needed to heal yourself).

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Hahaha, it's the ultimate complement when you have to factor a gameplan dealing with a pain-in-the-ass.  :lol:.  A Jason player I play with often said he'd kill randoms or easy targets first so I'll get a bad Tommy or avoid trying killing me first for the same reason, lol.

When you get Tommy you can be a much larger and more painful thorn in Jason's eyeball... But even if you die first you still may not get him. I just try to have fun while doing the best I can playing either side... but when the opportunity for a good chase gives a chance to get in some good practice, I will take the practice over more kills. Betterment of my gameplay and the fact that I find a good chase to be the best part of this game are my only reasons for this. It does not matter if I am chasing a counselor or being chased by Jason.... but I never have to go out of my way to be chased by Jason.... that happens in every counselor game I play, with extremely few exceptions.

@Redcat345 Thanks for the clarification... I sometimes have a hard time understanding the slang talk of the younger generations.... I feel old again. I never get rude with anyone (at least I try not to be rude.... we all have our moments) unless of course, they get rude with me.. my friends... or someone else for no reason at all (then I can give people a new understanding of the term: rude). I still get called a try hard from time to time... but I will continue to thank them when they refer to me this way, and continue to try to be the most polite slasher in Crystal Lake.

@The Tommy I get a lot of good practice chasing my friends around the camp. I have some truly great players in my friends list.. and many still learning the game. I also run into some awesome players in quick play sometimes. The cars get away now and again... nobody is perfect, but that is becoming a much rarer event as I continue to play with the -traps Jasons. When I see a player I consider to be 'trouble' for Jason to catch, I will still always take the practice of the chase over the car (a car gets started in a lot of matches, so I already get a lot of practice with this), but not necessarily the fuse box, that can cut down the length of the chase... or Pamela's warning from the shack... the sweater changes the dynamic of the chase, particularly when Tommy is already in the game.... I may need more throwing knives for that and the knives always take a while to collect.
   Learning the tactics of good players through chasing them helps with play on both sides of the game.

8 hours ago, AJViolet said:

Yeah, a bit too much. But honestly, the high ammount of first aid sprays (and also the x2 perk) is more annoying. That allows people in an act of desperation to jump out of a 2nd floor window and heal themselves right after, which is bizarre.

The use of first aid sprays should be nerfed. Reduce the number of sprays, remove that x2 perk and make the first aid spray less automatic to use (more time needed to heal yourself).

I think have 3-4 pocket knives are a decent amount to have. First Aid spray and the perk being nerfed? I disagree. While yes, you can find a lot of them, having them does help prolong matches and makes it more fun imo. Removing the perk? Maybe a reduce in it's effectiveness or such... but not removal. It's up to the player if they want to have it equipped it or not.

11 hours ago, Deth_Hed said:

I think have 3-4 pocket knives are a decent amount to have. First Aid spray and the perk being nerfed? I disagree. While yes, you can find a lot of them, having them does help prolong matches and makes it more fun imo. Removing the perk? Maybe a reduce in it's effectiveness or such... but not removal. It's up to the player if they want to have it equipped it or not.

So you think it's fair to have people trying to run out of trouble by throwing themselves out of Packanack's 2nd floor windows and instantly healing with the first aid spray?

I'm pretty sure there are more than 3-4 pocket knives. At least 5 in some matches. I think they could reduce the effectiveness of pocket knives introducing a mini-game of skills, just like in the car parts and fuse box. What is more annoying is the pocket knife being automatic. Sometimes you can make a great surprising play with Jason, caught a monitor with a wonderful stalk+shift+grab action, only to get your glory robbed by a stupid pocket knife.

As for the first aid sprays, just introduce a small mini game as well, a monitor need to waste some time while healing.

1 hour ago, AJViolet said:

So you think it's fair to have people trying to run out of trouble by throwing themselves out of Packanack's 2nd floor windows and instantly healing with the first aid spray?

I'm pretty sure there are more than 3-4 pocket knives. At least 5 in some matches. I think they could reduce the effectiveness of pocket knives introducing a mini-game of skills, just like in the car parts and fuse box. What is more annoying is the pocket knife being automatic. Sometimes you can make a great surprising play with Jason, caught a monitor with a wonderful stalk+shift+grab action, only to get your glory robbed by a stupid pocket knife.

As for the first aid sprays, just introduce a small mini game as well, a monitor need to waste some time while healing.

If people want to do that, then let them. Some people are more strategic with how they use disposable items, others aren't. If you run into the second level of Packanack or Higgins, then you run the risk of having to jump out the window.

I have only seen, personally, 4 pocket knives in one match of Pinehurst... I managed to get 2 and two friends of mine got the others... then Tommy brings one along. I don't think a mini game with the pocket knife is needed, as it would defeat the purpose of having on in the first place. Do we need a pocket knife mini game for disarming traps? No. Again, not needed. I've done what you stated... Stalk+Shift+Grab... and knife... sometimes it happens that way, other times you get your kill.

Don't need a mini game with the first aid spray. Pointless.

2 hours ago, AJViolet said:

Sometimes you can make a great surprising play with Jason, caught a monitor with a wonderful stalk+shift+grab action, only to get your glory robbed by a stupid pocket knife.

Well as annoying as that may be for Jason, Pocket Knives are meant to be a 2nd lease on life for counselors.  Even 3-4 PK will feel like too many if each are in the hands of skilled Chads or Vanessas for the run-of-the-mill Jason. 

No mini-games for inventory items.  Nothing is worse than breaking the flow of gameplay.  If healing is a issue for balance, nerfing healing points per use would be a more elegant solution.

On 4/21/2018 at 11:25 AM, AJViolet said:

No...not unless you make it like DBD where you run just as fast while injured that you do when healthy. I’m fine with taking a while to heal yourself but you need some kind of balance. If you are injured after jumping out of a second story window then Jason will simply morph and catch you. If we are talking about realism then Jason wouldn’t shift or morph and would have to catch his victims on foot. But that would make counselors OP obviously. For gameplays purposes you have to make the counselors have somewhat of a fighting chance while injured. The way the game is played now, counselors would just be sitting ducks while injured if it took a long time to heal yourself. Of course it isn’t realistic but nothing in this game is 100% realistic. There is no need to nerf sprays when there is only 3-5 knives MAX per round.

• Thanks 2

Really... How much Easier do you want to make it for Jason in QP?  They have already " bumped down OP Jason enough for QP to where its easy as SHIT to get at least 6/8 kills without much effort.   Less pocket knives than the few we have now would make it even EASIER of him.  Kindergarten equivalent 

If they made this game any easier for Jason, 5 year olds will begin to dominate easy 

I’m torn when it comes to knives. Their presence causes Jason to just hack n’ slash (BOOORING!!) to avoid them. One of the more colorful things about the game (and slasher films in general) are the kill sequences, and hack n’ slash Jasons just ruin it. I rank them neck-and-neck with the ultra-weak head punch Jasons (yes, they’re boring as hell too, sorry).

I always thought that, since a knife is essentially a freebie, it should be a freebie if they’re getting slashed as well as the grab; a freebie no matter what. The animation would be different, of course, like a parry, or something. I don’t have the idea completely thought out, but I think, since the knife is wasting all the cool animations that were done for this game, the knife should stun Jason in some way even when he slashes. Maybe then players could get the cool kill that they earned. I didn’t spend the last 3 minutes beating Jason’s ass just to get slashed to death because Jason’s afraid I might have a knife. 

I guess I should address the actual topic on the number of knives (I just wanted a reason to bitch about boring players). I personally don’t have a problem with it because, in my mind, I already know I killed them. So if I end a match as Jason with 7 kills, and had 3 knives used on me, I got 10 kills. I know it, and they know it too. So, my ego doesn’t get bruised over pocket knives.

26 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

No...not unless you make it like DBD where you run just as fast while injured that you do when healthy. I’m fine with taking a while to heal yourself but you need some kind of balance. If you are injured after jumping out of a second story window then Jason will simply morph and catch you. If we are talking about realism then Jason wouldn’t shift or morph and would have to catch his victims on foot. But that would make counselors OP obviously. For gameplays purposes you have to make the counselors have somewhat of a fighting chance while injured. The way the game is played now, counselors would just be sitting ducks while injured if it took a long time to heal yourself. Of course it isn’t realistic but nothing in this game is 100% realistic. There is no need to nerf sprays when there is only 3-5 knives MAX per round.

I completely agree with everything you said about balance... well said. Although I am thinking myself... even when playing a counselor... wow there is a lot of med sprays. I find six often enough in one match, not including those that are left behind when someone is killed. I am not saying they need a nerf to med sprays... just stating my opinion about the abundance of them. Your points about realism are well stated... counselors need the ability to heal wounds even though it is far from realistic, this is just one of those things you need for playability.
   However, I am a big believer in more realism where you can fit it in. I do not play dead by daylight... been thinking about getting it to try out, maybe... but I think adding the ability to run while injured (at least for a short duration, maybe 1 second per stamina point) IS realistic (my explanation is forth coming, bear with me)... at a reduced maximum speed though, at least the counselor's regular jog speed.. maybe. Fear can do incredible things to someone, particularly when combined with adrenaline. Hysterical strength is a good example of this. Running for a short distance when injured may just be a good addition to this game. Its not like this is a huge buff to counselors either.... it would still eat up their stamina after all.
   I have spinal injuries and I know what it is like to hobble around when in excruciating pain. I can say that if there was a serious and imminent threat to my life, I could move a lot quicker than normal... for short distances at least, even when I otherwise can barely move.
   Not that I get chased around by a lunatic with an axe.. but I have had to move quicker in a few circumstances or risk further and more serious injuries... long stories, but I have a few of them.... Having to do this does however come at a cost of a great deal more pain then I was already in... but the injured state of a counselor depicts this well enough.... believability in a game conflicts with playability on certain points. But I think this is a good idea to add to the game....it is believable. Its not a nerf to Jason in any way... perhaps another throwing knife will end their bonus speed when injured. It may be a bit of a buff to counselors, but its not like they are not still injured. This could give them a bit of a chance to show some hysterical strength and maybe get to a window in time to jump in... or give them just enough time to get far enough ahead to use a med spray. Its just a few extra seconds of survival from the psycho chasing them anyway. Maybe they could only do this if their stamina was above a certain point.
   I think perhaps you should post this idea in suggestions. I think it is a good idea, with some restrictions that I have pointed out... I also think it might even be well received.

@JackTV If you want to swing your weapon at Jason for 3 minutes, do not complain when he swings his at you and perhaps even kills you, particularly if you have one or more players joining you in your Jason beatings. Quick kills will be used in these situations as well, for as long as this situation lasts for him. If a Jason player grabs you when there is even one more counselor around, its his only option to even start a grab kill animation. Many players will not even attempt fighting Jason without a pocket knife and ANY experienced Jason player knows this, of course they will slash you... this should go without saying and complaining about it IS whining. Bringing a pocket knife to an axe fight is not going to allow you to do well without significant combat training, which non of our counselors would believably have. Even if they did have such training, I refer you to Jason X and how easily he dealt with military forces in the present and in the future.
   Sometimes, when a Jason player is turned into a piñata, they get very frustrated and just slash everyone else down....whether any particular counselor was involved in it or not. People that use the quick kills for no reason, sure its boring for you, but some people like a certain kill and will only use that kill... that is their choice... it is far from every game you will see a Jason player that does this anyway. When you play Jason, you too can use whatever kill you want to. When I play Jason I like to change it up whenever possible and do not like to use the same kill twice in a game (unless it is a swirly). When attacked by groups and I grab one for whatever reason... its a quick kill... no matter how many times in a match this happens. Trying to walk around to find room to do a longer kill when being attacked just leads to another counselor striking Jason and freeing the one in his grip... so a quick kill WILL be used. This should not have to be explained to anyone.
   Stunning Jason with a knife when he slashes is ridiculous... parrying an axe or machete with a pocket knife is ridiculous. Bringing a pocket knife to an axe fight is just stupid... or what I would call, nature's way of weeding out the stupid.
   Its not hack and slash Jasons ruining your death scenes, more often than not, it is the people that get in Jason's face and want to fight, alone or in groups... you will get slashed. The Jason player does not know if you are running thick skin or what the percentage of damage reduction it has for you, neither do most keep track of how many slashes you have taken or should take.... you will simply be slashed....deal with it.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

I completely agree with everything you said about balance... well said. Although I am thinking myself... even when playing a counselor... wow there is a lot of med sprays. I find six often enough in one match, not including those that are left behind when someone is killed. I am not saying they need a nerf to med sprays... just stating my opinion about the abundance of them. Your points about realism are well stated... counselors need the ability to heal wounds even though it is far from realistic, this is just one of those things you need for playability.
   However, I am a big believer in more realism where you can fit it in. I do not play dead by daylight... been thinking about getting it to try out, maybe... but I think adding the ability to run while injured (at least for a short duration, maybe 1 second per stamina point) IS realistic (my explanation is forth coming, bear with me)... at a reduced maximum speed though, at least the counselor's regular jog speed.. maybe. Fear can do incredible things to someone, particularly when combined with adrenaline. Hysterical strength is a good example of this. Running for a short distance when injured may just be a good addition to this game. Its not like this is a huge buff to counselors either.... it would still eat up their stamina after all.
   I have spinal injuries and I know what it is like to hobble around when in excruciating pain. I can say that if there was a serious and imminent threat to my life, I could move a lot quicker than normal... for short distances at least, even when I otherwise can barely move.
   Not that I get chased around by a lunatic with an axe.. but I have had to move quicker in a few circumstances or risk further and more serious injuries... long stories, but I have a few of them.... Having to do this does however come at a cost of a great deal more pain then I was already in... but the injured state of a counselor depicts this well enough.... believability in a game conflicts with playability on certain points. But I think this is a good idea to add to the game....it is believable. Its not a nerf to Jason in any way... perhaps another throwing knife will end their bonus speed when injured. It may be a bit of a buff to counselors, but its not like they are not still injured. This could give them a bit of a chance to show some hysterical strength and maybe get to a window in time to jump in... or give them just enough time to get far enough ahead to use a med spray. Its just a few extra seconds of survival from the psycho chasing them anyway. Maybe they could only do this if their stamina was above a certain point.
   I think perhaps you should post this idea in suggestions. I think it is a good idea, with some restrictions that I have pointed out... I also think it might even be well received.

@JackTV If you want to swing your weapon at Jason for 3 minutes, do not complain when he swings his at you and perhaps even kills you, particularly if you have one or more players joining you in your Jason beatings. Quick kills will be used in these situations as well, for as long as this situation lasts for him. If a Jason player grabs you when there is even one more counselor around, its his only option to even start a grab kill animation. Many players will not even attempt fighting Jason without a pocket knife and ANY experienced Jason player knows this, of course they will slash you... this should go without saying and complaining about it IS whining. Bringing a pocket knife to an axe fight is not going to allow you to do well without significant combat training, which non of our counselors would believably have. Even if they did have such training, I refer you to Jason X and how easily he dealt with military forces in the present and in the future.
   Sometimes, when a Jason player is turned into a piñata, they get very frustrated and just slash everyone else down....whether any particular counselor was involved in it or not. People that use the quick kills for no reason, sure its boring for you, but some people like a certain kill and will only use that kill... that is their choice... it is far from every game you will see a Jason player that does this anyway. When you play Jason, you too can use whatever kill you want to. When I play Jason I like to change it up whenever possible and do not like to use the same kill twice in a game (unless it is a swirly). When attacked by groups and I grab one for whatever reason... its a quick kill... no matter how many times in a match this happens. Trying to walk around to find room to do a longer kill when being attacked just leads to another counselor striking Jason and freeing the one in his grip... so a quick kill WILL be used. This should not have to be explained to anyone.
   Stunning Jason with a knife when he slashes is ridiculous... parrying an axe or machete with a pocket knife is ridiculous. Bringing a pocket knife to an axe fight is just stupid... or what I would call, nature's way of weeding out the stupid.
   Its not hack and slash Jasons ruining your death scenes, more often than not, it is the people that get in Jason's face and want to fight, alone or in groups... you will get slashed. The Jason player does not know if you are running thick skin or what the percentage of damage reduction it has for you, neither do most keep track of how many slashes you have taken or should take.... you will simply be slashed....deal with it.

I’m all for changes, but if they were to change the sprays into a med kit and it took a while to heal then they would need for something to be done about Jason. Yes, I’ve heard it all “Jason should be OP” blah blah blah...the point is that all Jason’s would cripple the counselors then even if they have a spray they would be able to do anything until they get to a safe spot which they could due to limping and Jason can just sense them like the terminator anyways. An injured counselor would be certain death. Look at Part 1 with the hitchhiker girl, her leg was busted up and she still managed to run a LONG way away from Pamela before being killed. Adrenaline can do a lot to the body as you stated. I also hate it when a counselor steps into a bear trap and they get injured and hold their arm, I wish they had a second limping animation for the leg. I do run medic on some of my counselors and rarely is there ever a round where I do not have two med sprays. I’m an admitted hypochondriac (not the perk, I just hate not having a spray so I scramble to find one) in the game and will at all times have at least one spray on my character. There is a lot of sprays, but the mechanics on the sprays should not be reworked unless at least the limping states are reworked and Jason’s ability to sense an injured counselor is reworked. It’ll just make Jason’s who already dominate a round that much more powerful. The game is supposed to be challenged, not impossible.

I still think Jason could be buffed with certain things in the game but don't make it so the counselors are nerfed in the process. Find a balance, which is what this game seems to struggle with. 

10 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I’m all for changes, but if they were to change the sprays into a med kit and it took a while to heal then they would need for something to be done about Jason. Yes, I’ve heard it all “Jason should be OP” blah blah blah...the point is that all Jason’s would cripple the counselors then even if they have a spray they would be able to do anything until they get to a safe spot which they could due to limping and Jason can just sense them like the terminator anyways. An injured counselor would be certain death. Look at Part 1 with the hitchhiker girl, her leg was busted up and she still managed to run a LONG way away from Pamela before being killed. Adrenaline can do a lot to the body as you stated. I also hate it when a counselor steps into a bear trap and they get injured and hold their arm, I wish they had a second limping animation for the leg. I do run medic on some of my counselors and rarely is there ever a round where I do not have two med sprays. I’m an admitted hypochondriac (not the perk, I just hate not having a spray so I scramble to find one) in the game and will at all times have at least one spray on my character. There is a lot of sprays, but the mechanics on the sprays should not be reworked unless at least the limping states are reworked and Jason’s ability to sense an injured counselor is reworked. It’ll just make Jason’s who already dominate a round that much more powerful. The game is supposed to be challenged, not impossible.

I think you misinterpreted what I was saying.... I was in no way advocating a nerf to med sprays, I don't want to see a change with them either... As a counselor player and as a Jason player, I know why we need the med sprays. I was trying to explain how a limping counselor should be able to do a short burst of... shall we call it: 'hysterical speed when injured'. I am against the med-kit ideas, and I do not want to see med sprays change either.
  This 'hysterical speed when injured' is not a huge buff to counselors or a nerf to Jason in any way. It may even give people that have a problem with the buff to Jason's speed less reason to complain. Jason will probably still catch them... but it gives them hope and an a better chance of getting into a cabin through a window, where they may find a med spray to help, or someone else can get to them and heal them, it just will not help all of the time, it is kind of situational and depends if a cabin, or help is nearby. It would not drag out the chase for Jason much at all unless they get to a cabin or find help, it will just give them a few more seconds that they are able to stay ahead of the lunatic chasing them.
   I was saying that something like Annie from part one is believable, her leg was hurt, and she could still manage to move quicker then you think she should... I agree... I even gave my real world reasons for why I would agree with this in the previous post. I am not sure she ran very far though. Even hysterics and adrenaline have their limits. It was your post that I quoted in my previous post that put this idea in my head.
   I know I write some longwinded posts sometimes. The only part concerning this was up until I tagged someone else, the rest of the post was meant for another person and it was a different subject, I was just trying to avoid double posting. If I am correct that you misinterpreted, please re-read that part of the previous post... up until the other person is tagged at least.

4 minutes ago, stoney said:

There's 4-5 knives that spawn in now?

Not that I've seen, I've only ever seen 3 plus Tommy's 1 for a total of 4

• Like 1

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

Not that I've seen, I've only ever seen 3 plus Tommy's 1 for a total of 4

That's what I thought. 2-3 spawn in and 3-4 when Jarvis arrives.

I can't believe people still complain over there being "too many pocketknives". 

1 minute ago, stoney said:

It's because they have no perspective. They don't remember the good ole days of 7 knives and 4 shotguns.

Just now, stoney said:

Believe it. As long as people can complain, people will complain.

11 hours ago, AJViolet said:

Why not? Trish survived her fall and went on to successfully help kill Jason in the Final Chapter. If they didn't want people leaping out the second floor window they should just have made them unable to be opened. 

@Pazuzu exactly. I suppose you could argue that the softness of the muddy ground cushioned her fall, but really it's a video game based on a supernatural killer, are we really going to get hung up on how real to life something is?

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 11:18 AM, megaweenieman said:

Every match I run into 4-5. It’s an improvement compared to before the last update but what is the point of giving half the counselors second wind?

Stop being a sucky Jason. 4-5 is nothing. Just grab them twice. Or three times. Why are you whining because you run into 4-5 per game? I have had one counselor, stand in front of me and never leave my sight, and they use 5-6! I think it’s a glitch, but 4-5 per game is no big deal. 

I think the amount of PK is fine. There just enough to disarm all of Jasons traps. And that never happens during a match. So what is left is used by counsellors to counter how easy it is for Jason to shift+grab people and kill them.