megaweenieman

Still too many pocket knives

8 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

If you're playing this dogshit game to be a killer, you're wasting your time. Go play Dead By Daylight. At least you have a slim chance of sweeping a room there. Jason Voorhees is a soft, weak bitch in this game. And that's just how Gun Media, Illfonic, and the Dance Dance Revolution likes it. It will never change.

I’ll agree that Jason is still to soft in the part that he still gets stunned and knocked on his ass way to easy, and his combat vs a counselor is a joke, that being said I still clean out lobbies 8 times out of 10.

43 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I usually use a water pipe myself: fast, cooler smoke, and it reduces the residual smoldering which cuts down on the smell.

And yes, we definitely should.  I'm thinking Thursday night's might work best for a group, if we can get @TheHansonGoons @Risinggrave @Alkavian @Riot_Dame kingsherlock (can't think of his U/N on here), @Zaneygrrl @Truth @Brigadiusand any other Xbox regulars who might be interested.

I’ll play if Bean plays since he’s been playing PUBG with me against his will, but other than that the games not really for me anymore. i’ll be back to maybe playing semi regularly after the update whenever that is.:)

6 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

I’ll play if Bean plays since he’s been playing PUBG with me against his will, but other than that the games not really for me anymore. i’ll be back to maybe playing semi regularly after the update whenever that is.:)

I figured as much, since you've redlined Tiffany as far as she can go :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

One of the greats!

I guess we all have to hang 'em up at some point though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatguyinktown said:

who might be interested.

Sure. Count me in. 

And to stay on topic, Riot sticks are fine currently in my humble opinion.

I think the number of knives is in a pretty good place.  I'll go games as a counselor without getting one.  Although one game recently, I came into 3 knives, but that's because someone else gave me 2.  I straight up told him I already have 2.  Keep that one for yourself bro.

I think Jason gets stunned too easily.  Seems to me, nearly any weapon will knock him down or stun him on the first connected swing.  Maybe I just play a weak Jason.  I've been maiming Roy.  I just feel like he's one of the stronger ones.  I've seen a lot of running Jason's since the speed update.  Makes it so much harder to outrun them.

2 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I usually use a water pipe myself: fast, cooler smoke, and it reduces the residual smoldering which cuts down on the smell.

And yes, we definitely should.  I'm thinking Thursday night's might work best for a group, if we can get @TheHansonGoons @Risinggrave @Alkavian @Riot_Dame kingsherlock (can't think of his U/N on here), @Zaneygrrl @Truth @Brigadiusand any other Xbox regulars who might be interested.

Thursday nights I am often available for a while. Any specific time?

4 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Thursday nights I am often available for a while. Any specific time?

I was thinking starting around 10-11 EST,  that was usually the sweet spot that used to work

17 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I was thinking starting around 10-11 EST,  that was usually the sweet spot that used to work

I can almost always hop on for a couple hours around 10pm et on Thursday nights. Let me know or send an invite! Ill bring some beer or doobs. Nothing like drinking and weed to bring a masked serial killer out of the woods.

@TiffanyxAJ, are you down or available? @ColdArmy13, @Dr B DDS, if you two are able to get in on this as well

10 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I can almost always hop on for a couple hours around 10pm et on Thursday nights. Let me know or send an invite! Ill bring some beer or doobs. Nothing like drinking and weed to bring a masked serial killer out of the woods.

@TiffanyxAJ, are you down or available? @ColdArmy13, @Dr B DDS, if you two are able to get in on this as well

Yes please, the more the merrier, it's hard getting a full private filled up, and LFGs bring in more trolls than actual interested players.

13 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

That should work for me. If I can't get on right away, I should be able to get on not long after. 

3 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I'm in. Although Thursdays are usually my later nights at work. Usually home by 11:30-midnight EST.

10 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Haha dude I was high most of the night too :) That and the dodgy crackly headset are why I hardly said a word; when I get high I go really quiet and get lost in what I'm doing lol. It was quite funny actually

Maybe next time we should both play as Mitch, smoke the same amount and be the Super Stoner Brothers™.

How I perceived Kodiak's gameplay session giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Ah. I "main" Deb if I do actually select a counselor (usually go random). I love being able to do 2 clicks and have repairs done. Her repair takes less than 2 seconds too (or very close to that. Never actually timed it).

You need those counselors in times where you're doing repairs right in Jason's face. I go up against groups of the fast/dumb counselors all the time. Their downfall is always repairs taking too long, if they even attempt them at all.

This is someone who plays Deb the "right" way. Many people will only do repairs if Jason is off pulling daises somewhere. Any character can repair when he is gone (although they may alert him as they finish), but Debs are useful because they can repair right in front of Jason and smile doing it, especially if someone else is around to protect and distract. I wish more Debs played this way.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

What is your main counselor you play as? I mainly play Tiffany and Jenny. Sometimes if I want to play somebody smart it’ll be Adam, Fox, or Deborah. If I’m a smart counselor then I’ll use my pocket knife and fix the box. With the perks I run, I don’t really see the point in using my knife when I can easily tank and heal up. Jason may come to your location but counselors do have an edge in combat. If Jason grabs you, he can be stunned in the pocket knife animation...dirty tactic but it works. If he slashes you, then run away and you can stun him mid animation on breaking the fuse box. I’m no expert at guarding the fuse box, but when you have three counselors with a gun, bats, axes, machetes, or firecrackers two things will most likely happen...Jason will get chain stunned and his mask is coming off. It’s not easy for Jason to break the box with so many counsselors guarding it, which is why going for the caller is a smarter move.

I usually play Mitch... but I am back and forth between him and Adam. I prefer the repair counselors. After so long on Mitch I find it much easier to evade Jason with Adam's speed, but I will probably switch back to Mitch again soon. The slow speed doesn't bug me... but it sure does annoy Jason players that cannot catch me. I still want to try Jenny with the anti fear perks build, but have not got around to it yet.
   There are many ways to play the game.... but a few points to consider....
   Tanking the trap is just a dead give away of your position if the Jason player can tell the difference between sprung and set trap icons on his map. Other than that, only a botched repair on the fuse or propeller give away your exact position... unless there is only one vehicle left to put gas in and the gas repair is botched.... so disabling the trap is a huge time bonus to finish the repair.
   It only takes one player that can stun Jason with a weapon to protect the box and one set of firecrackers. When he shows up, throw the firecrackers at the box and try to stun him before he can get to the firecrackers. That stops him long enough to get the call off, if someone is already on the phone. If Jason grabs me and I die at the box, then the call will still be finished if I was just the guard and someone else was calling. If even one other player escapes to the cops, my sacrifice is not in vain... we all die a lot in this game anyway. 
   Fighting him in a group never goes well if you have a Jason player that is skilled at fighting groups and can cost too many counselors to get the call off. To many sacrifices for one objective is unacceptable to me and unnecessary... they still have up to 5 minutes to survive before they can escape and Jason will probably get one or more before that can happen. Those mass battles at the car never work out well either unless the driver has an epic grease monkey perk.
   Beating on noob Jasons is very frustrating to them and I have many friends that put the game down after it happened once... they all still refuse to try the game again and they are probably far from the only players we have lost that feel this way. With the small player base we have, I think the piñata Jason days need to be put to an end.
   Myself, I got good at fighting off the battle Chads long ago... bring them on!!!... but for new players?.. something is wrong with this picture.
   Against a -traps Jason, tanking a trap, healing and running away can work well. Particularly if he has used all three traps already. He cannot camp objectives unless he wants to risk losing all of the other objectives.
   Against a part 2 Jason that likes to lay many traps over an objective, you may have to tank a trap or two anyway. Sometimes, you just cannot avoid it.
   I always take a good look at the trap first either way... sometimes, the trap is improperly placed and you can get away with the repair without setting it off... its rare, but it happens. Usually if a trap has been tanked or disabled and he replaces it, the trap placement can sometimes be ineffective... but I have inadvertently tanked traps this way when I guessed wrong.
   I still recommend the sneaky way if you can.... you do not need the pocket knife to stick in Jason's neck if he cannot catch you. Even with slow counselors I can often run him across the map and back several times in a game without ever raising a weapon towards him.
   Using a knife on a trap while you are surrounded by noisy counselors that are throwing off a group of sound pings for Jason to see is a waste of a pocket knife too. If the Jason player is paying attention to the sound pings and knows how to read a map, then your position and intent is already known.

I have seen Jason stunned in mid animation while trying to smash the box, but for the amount of times I have seen it fail... particularly with bats, I think that stunning him during the animation might be due to lag.... I could be wrong on that one.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Beating on noob Jasons is very frustrating to them and I have many friends that put the game down after it happened once... they all still refuse to try the game again and they are probably far from the only players we have lost that feel this way. With the small player base we have, I think the piñata Jason days need to be put to an end.

This is the same issue on why people don't play fighting game.  After taking the time to learn basic controls, game mechanics, and Combos, newer players still get decimated by veterans.  This game was designed for Jason to be OP even in the hands of a novice, and that was a initial appeal to many players earlier in the game's life.  Now however, against hardcore "or try-hards :lol:", how can a new or a causal player compete against someone that understands Jason better than player behind him?  The "beat down" can be so humiliating that a player will ether never toggle off counselor pref or just drop the game entirely.  Even though this game is a Survival Game, it still functions very much like a Fighting game, which is probably why I enjoy it. 

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Even though this game is a Survival Game, it still functions very much like a Fighting game, which is probably why I enjoy it. 

100%. Devs tried to make a survival horror...instead ended up with a PvP. Recognising this is the first step for anyone who wants to get better at the game.

I think had matchmaking been introduced at the beginning of the game’s life, it would’ve helped to lessen the massive divide between novice and vet (as Jason or counselor). Skilled counselors vs novice Jason is a devastating experience, the Jason just has absolutely no chance. 

17 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I will try, if only for an hour or so @TheHansonGoons

• Like 1

I think the number of knives (and health sprays)  is pretty decent now.  As a counselor, if I manage to find one knife per match I'm pleasantly surprised.  In the past, I had no trouble finding one or two every match.  This makes it more challenging to be a counselor.  

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:29 PM, GeneiJin said:

This is the same issue on why people don't play fighting game.  After taking the time to learn basic controls, game mechanics, and Combos, newer players still get decimated by veterans.  This game was designed for Jason to be OP even in the hands of a novice, and that was a initial appeal to many players earlier in the game's life.  Now however, against hardcore "or try-hards :lol:", how can a new or a causal player compete against someone that understands Jason better than player behind him?  The "beat down" can be so humiliating that a player will ether never toggle off counselor pref or just drop the game entirely.  Even though this game is a Survival Game, it still functions very much like a Fighting game, which is probably why I enjoy it. 

You are damned good at fighting Jason with all of the practice you have got.... and never have I seen you get rude about it by insulting or belittling the Jason player... but too many people do this... Personally, I try to never be rude to anyone until they are rude to me first.... or rude to a friend of mine (or even someone who is a complete stranger to me) for no reason other than thinking its funny to piss someone off. Goading someone into a rage so they make a mistake is a good tactic in war.... but this is a game and that player that they get rude with will be their team mate in the next match.
   You are also among the top players I have chased in this game at evasion tactics... which is why I would single you out if I saw you in game (no offense meant).... just for the practice at catching someone that is good at the chase... even to the point of losing everyone else. This is the same reason I almost never trap cars... for more practice at catching the cars. But even the best fall to one little mistake sometimes... on both sides of play. Still, practice keeps the skill set sharp.... and tenacity gives me a lot of practice.
    I am not above taking a few swings at Jason players, but rarely will I raise a weapon when chased by a new player... not just because I am also pretty good at evasion tactics... but I see to many groups beating on the new guys too often. Sometimes I feel they need the confidence builder of a good kill and let the new guys catch me... dying in game does not bug me in the least... even if they just slash me down. I have had many a Jason player rage quit after chasing me when playing Mitch for upwards of ten minutes... not sure which is more humiliating... not being able to catch one of the slowest counselors or getting beat down for extended periods of time by a group of skilled players.... but I will continue to run away from Jason and window hop through all of the windows I opened in every cabin I have been through.
    Getting rid of the ability to turn Jason into a piñata does not take away the ability to fight Jason at all, it would merely make it more of a challenge for groups to beat him down for any length of time. It would simply change the player's tactics when fighting him.

I also never understood how people think 'try hard' is an insult.... I have always been a piece worker... the try hard attitude to me means a job done better, faster... and more money being made in a shorter period of time... and getting the next job over the other guy who isn't trying so hard.

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

I also never understood how people think 'try hard' is an insult

It's a case of a misused word, what it means is someone who is TRYing too HARD to show off and act like they have high skills when they don't in an obnoxious manner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

You are also among the top players I have chased in this game at evasion tactics... which is why I would single you out if I saw you in game (no offense meant).... just for the practice at catching someone that is good at the chase... even to the point of losing everyone else. This is the same reason I almost never trap cars... for more practice at catching the cars. But even the best fall to one little mistake sometimes... on both sides of play. Still, practice keeps the skill set sharp.... and tenacity gives me a lot of practice.

I've done this too. Facing a good player really shows where you stand as Jason. This is why I sometimes don't even bother with the 2 seater so that it can be my practice if it gets going. I've still got ways to go, but I'm a serviceable Jason. Nowhere near the greats lol

29 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

It's a case of a misused word, what it means is someone who is TRYing too HARD to show off and act like they have high skills when they don't in an obnoxious manner.

That's the way I take. To me there's a huge difference between a great Jason and a tryhard Jason. Especially if they're doing rude trash talking as well without provocation. Or if they're a high level thinking they're hot shit because they decimated a bunch of new players in a quick play lobby.

A lot of these "tryhards" are the ones that will rage quit, especially if their round as Jason is going poorly. Had one the other night host part 9 Jason was 1/8 and we were about to escape in the car at Pinehurst as everyone else left to the cops, which would have left just Tommy, and he drops the lobby. Well funny enough, he gets into the next lobby with some of the same players,  but not host. He's like you only did good, because you had your crew. I was like what? This was the first time I ever played with these people. Several rounds later he's Jason again and still trash talking. Again, right before a car is about to get out and end the round, he quits. That's a tryhard to me. He really wasn't that bad of a Jason with room for improvement, but he was rude and annoying. And when he saw he was about to lose the final players he quit again. 

So for me a tryhard takes the game too seriously and can't have fun. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

I've done this too. Facing a good player really shows where you stand as Jason. This is why I sometimes don't even bother with the 2 seater so that it can be my practice if it gets going. I've still got ways to go, but I'm a serviceable Jason. Nowhere near the greats lol

That's the way I take. To me there's a huge difference between a great Jason and a tryhard Jason. Especially if they're doing rude trash talking as well without provocation. Or if they're a high level thinking they're hot shit because they decimated a bunch of new players in a quick play lobby.

A lot of these "tryhards" are the ones that will rage quit, especially if their round as Jason is going poorly. Had one the other night host part 9 Jason was 1/8 and we were about to escape in the car at Pinehurst as everyone else left to the cops, which would have left just Tommy, and he drops the lobby. Well funny enough, he gets into the next lobby with some of the same players,  but not host. He's like you only did good, because you had your crew. I was like what? This was the first time I ever played with these people. Several rounds later he's Jason again and still trash talking. Again, right before a car is about to get out and end the round, he quits. That's a tryhard to me. He really wasn't that bad of a Jason with room for improvement, but he was rude and annoying. And when he saw he was about to lose the final players he quit again. 

So for me a tryhard takes the game too seriously and can't have fun. 

Honestly, if i ever get into a lobby and all six players are below level ten. I just go easy on them as Jason and have some fun, i might even let a couple escape, to give them some confidence. 

• Like 2

Just now, Reyezblood 03 said:

Honestly, if i ever get into a lobby and all six players are below level ten. I just go easy on them as Jason and have some fun, i might even let a couple escape, to give them some confidence. 

Yes! Exactly dude. Unless they start talking crap after I went easy on them lol. Try and and get new players to stay and not scare them off. 

• Like 2