megaweenieman

Still too many pocket knives

I'm 6 foot tall and my arms are nearly 2 1/2 feet long. I have short arms for a guy my height. A guy Jason's size should have 36 inch long arms at a minimum. A 3 foot grab radius is not unrealistic nor unfair.

16 minutes ago, CrazyLawyer said:

I'm 6 foot tall and my arms are nearly 2 1/2 feet long. I have short arms for a guy my height. A guy Jason's size should have 36 inch long arms at a minimum. A 3 foot grab radius is not unrealistic nor unfair.

His grab radius now is fine...what I’m trying to say is that once your counselor is 10 feet away from Jason, he shouldn’t be able to grab them. 36 inches = 3 feet not 10. Do you even relaize how far his grab was at launch? It was ridiculous and I have yet to see anybody who thinks that was a fair grab radius. You literally teleported back to his arms. Even now there is a bug where your character gets out of the drivers seat you stay in place on Jason’s screen but on your screen you’ve already moved and are 30 feet from the car. I guess that’s fair too right? Since Jason is a supernatural being he should be able to use to force? Nah...just kidding. A lot of things are tweaked for gameplay purposes, if this game was realistic all Jason’s from Part 2-5 would be dead on one shotgun blast to the head since they are human, the counselors would be knocked down and dead after MAX 2 weapon swings, and counselors wouldn’t be able to heal themselves as if they are spraying on perfume. It’s all for gameplay purposes and balance.

42 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

His grab radius now is fine...what I’m trying to say is that once your counselor is 10 feet away from Jason, he shouldn’t be able to grab them. 36 inches = 3 feet not 10. Do you even relaize how far his grab was at launch? It was ridiculous and I have yet to see anybody who thinks that was a fair grab radius. You literally teleported back to his arms. Even now there is a bug where your character gets out of the drivers seat you stay in place on Jason’s screen but on your screen you’ve already moved and are 30 feet from the car. I guess that’s fair too right? Since Jason is a supernatural being he should be able to use to force? Nah...just kidding. A lot of things are tweaked for gameplay purposes, if this game was realistic all Jason’s from Part 2-5 would be dead on one shotgun blast to the head since they are human, the counselors would be knocked down and dead after MAX 2 weapon swings, and counselors wouldn’t be able to heal themselves as if they are spraying on perfume. It’s all for gameplay purposes and balance.

His grab radius is not fine; he has about 12 inches of reach. If Jason had a 36 inch reach radius, I wouldn't complain nor need to. A slightly longer reach (a full arm extension plus one step by a near seven footer) would not unrealistic nor unfair.

Jason would be dead from one shotgun shell? Have you ever watched a Friday the 13th movie? Like, ever? Dude is nearly impervious to damage in the films. I'm fine with your two slashes for a kill dynamic on a counselor. I'll live with the medspray dynamic as long as Jason has a somewhat realistic grab radius.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyLawyer said:

His grab radius is not fine; he has about 12 inches of reach. If Jason had a 36 inch reach radius, I wouldn't complain nor need to. A slightly longer reach (a full arm extension plus one step by a near seven footer) would not unrealistic nor unfair.

Agree. It's better than the last patch, but there are still times where I'm rubbing up against a counselor and the grab still isn't working.

Maybe that will improve after the update.

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

Agree. It's better than the last patch, but there are still times where I'm rubbing up against a counselor and the grab still isn't working.

It won't. This game isn't about realism or keeping to the source material; it's about a shit developer placating crybaby counselors so that they can have a Dance Dance Revolution.

33 minutes ago, CrazyLawyer said:

Undead serial killer has a slightly longer than normal arm reach? "Darth Vader" grab, as you call it? Yeah; sounds fair. Undead serial killer can't grab people 24 inches away? Yeah; sounds like dev bullshit. Dev bullshit to placate crying counselors. You realize that Jason has always been depicted as a supernatural force that is nearly seven feet tall, right? Until now. Apparently, Jason's arms are now less than 24 inches long. According to Gun Media and Illfonic.

Although the players (Us) are supposed to be under suspension of belief of Jason being a Zombie ,that doesn't give him the ability to reach unbelievable lengths to grab others.

1 minute ago, The Gloved One said:

Although the players (Us) are supposed to be under suspension of belief of Jason being a Zombie ,that doesn't give him the ability to reach unbelievable lengths to grab others.

A three foot grab (arm length plus one step) for a near seven foot tall person isn't "unbelievable". Hell; it's an understatement! I have a three foot grab and I'm not undead nor nearly seven feet tall! If I have to fight on the street, my first move is a choke against a smaller opponent. I've got about 3 1/2 feet of reach for a choke (arm length plus one step) and I'm only 6 foot tall.

52 minutes ago, CrazyLawyer said:

A three foot grab (arm length plus one step) for a near seven foot tall person isn't "unbelievable". Hell; it's an understatement! I have a three foot grab and I'm not undead nor nearly seven feet tall! If I have to fight on the street, my first move is a choke against a smaller opponent. I've got about 3 1/2 feet of reach for a choke (arm length plus one step) and I'm only 6 foot tall.

This is what the old grab used to look like .

I'm not sure that even basketball players can reach that far and grab somebody.

17 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

It must have been one of the rare times I played Jason this last weekend. I wanted the last of the Tommy tapes and I don't like playing as Jason when I'm high :P

Haha dude I was high most of the night too :) That and the dodgy crackly headset are why I hardly said a word; when I get high I go really quiet and get lost in what I'm doing lol. It was quite funny actually because after every 3-4 games, I was like 'right if I time it right so I die earliest in this round, I get some time to roll another one'. Obviously I either came back as Tommy or Jason didn't come for me. Couldn't quit to roll because I was the host, although I was surprised I still crashed twice... then again two crashes in like what, 4-5 hours isn't so bad.

Maybe next time we should both play as Mitch, smoke the same amount and be the Super Stoner Brothers™.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

If you're playing this dogshit game to be a killer, you're wasting your time. Go play Dead By Daylight. At least you have a slim chance of sweeping a room there. Jason Voorhees is a soft, weak bitch in this game. And that's just how Gun Media, Illfonic, and the Dance Dance Revolution likes it. It will never change.

Hooks, and generators...

Hooks... and generators. 

Ben Stein could narrate a game of DbD.

I prefer to see real kills.

11 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

When you said Fox, you meant Vanessa or Tiffany?

Who messes up with 6 repair?

Lol sometimes I get baked and have slow reactions. ?

5 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

..Im 6 feet tall and grab things at 5 feet away.  But stepping into it or lunging.     Just sayin'.

3 feet is a joke.  I grab 3 feet without even leaning.

7 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

If you're playing this dogshit game to be a killer, you're wasting your time. Go play Dead By Daylight. 

Yes.. Go play Dead By Daylight/

The game where the killer doesn't actually kill anyone.

6 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

If you're playing this dogshit game to be a killer, you're wasting your time. Go play Dead By Daylight. At least you have a slim chance of sweeping a room there. Jason Voorhees is a soft, weak bitch in this game. And that's just how Gun Media, Illfonic, and the Dance Dance Revolution likes it. It will never change.

You are quite hypocritical. You slam F13 for being unrealistic and not true to the source material. Yet in Dbd killers like Michael Myers, Jigsaw and Leatherface are given magical abilities to see where survivors are miles away with perks like barbeque and chili and nurses calling. Not to mention they are not killing for themselves, they are all working for the Entity. And since when does Freddy have the ability to just make people fall asleep at a whim? Or Michael becomes more powerful just by staring at them etc? Don't take a dump on F13 and praise Dbd when it does the same kind of things you are criticizing F13 for.

As for sweeping a room in F13, I do it all the time. I have a Youtube channel filled with gameplay videos of me doing so as Jason. I see other players do it regularly too. So your criticism on that score is invalid, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Yes.. Go play Dead By Daylight/

The game where the killer doesn't actually kill anyone.

I mean, hey, at least it actually has a good size playerbase. 

3 hours ago, CrazyLawyer said:

Jason would be dead from one shotgun shell? Have you ever watched a Friday the 13th movie? Like, ever? Dude is nearly impervious to damage in the films. I'm fine with your two slashes for a kill dynamic on a counselor. I'll live with the medspray dynamic as long as Jason has a somewhat realistic grab radius.

He was a HUMAN and wasn’t ever shot until Part 6 when he wasn’t human anymore. One shotgun blast to the head and he’d be dead, especially Roy. Jason wasn’t impervious to any damage as you can clearly tell from Part 2-4. One machete shot the shoulder and he was knocked out, one axe blow to the head and he was knocked out, and one machete shot to the head and he was declared dead. Of course there was damage before that but don’t act like Jason was as unstoppable as the Incredible Hulk. The hero character ALWAYS won in the end and Jason was defeated. Not saying that in the game Jason should be a pushover. Again...his old grab range was complete and utter garbage. There are things called lag issues and server problems that cause Jason to wiff the grab sometimes but when it works out his grab range is fine. Jason is not supposed to grab somebody over 6 feet in front of him, his grab range being 3 feet is fine but your overselling what 3 feet actually is. The game is not going to be 100% realistic as it wouldn’t be fair to either the counselor or Jason player. The two weapon slashes would be extremely OP on Jason’s part, I was just stating that would be the case if the game was 100% realistic.

• Like 2

The grab distance is fine the cone radius is what's a bit dodgy. I think it should be a 180 degree grab radius with about a 3 to 4 foot reach.

2 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I mean, hey, at least it actually has a good size playerbase. 

Player Base Size doesn't matter.

I mean.. Look at all the fools playing Fortnite.

Fortnite is a joke.  Yet for some bizzaro reason people play it..

25 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

You are quite hypocritical. You slam F13 for being unrealistic and not true to the source material. Yet in Dbd killers like Michael Myers, Jigsaw and Leatherface are given magical abilities to see where survivors are miles away with perks like barbeque and chili and nurses calling. Not to mention they are all working for the Entity. And since when does Freddy have the ability to just make people fall asleep at a whim? Or Michael becomes more powerful just by staring at them etc? Don't take a dump on F13 and praise Dbd when it does the same kind of things you are criticizing F13 for.

As for sweeping a room in F13, I do it all the time. I have a Youtube channel filled with gameplay videos of me doing so as Jason. I see other players do it regularly too. So your criticism on that score is invalid, too.

I mean...isn’t sense with Jason basically the same thing as BBQ and Chili? Neither games are 100% realistic. Jason isn’t the terminator and if the game was semi-realistic he would actually have to find the counselors like the killer has to find survivors in DBD. Although with my experience playing both games, I say DBD is slightly more realistic while F13 it is a lot easy to survive as a counselor and kill while playing Jason. I’m not praising or downing on either game, both have their ups and downs.

10 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I mean...isn’t sense with Jason basically the same thing as BBQ and Chili? Neither games are 100% realistic. Jason isn’t the terminator and if the game was semi-realistic he would actually have to find the counselors like the killer has to find survivors in DBD. Although with my experience playing both games, I say DBD is slightly more realistic while F13 it is a lot easy to survive as a counselor and kill while playing Jason. I’m not praising or downing on either game, both have their ups and downs.

Exactly. They both take liberties with the source material and the abilities of the killers. In fact I'd argue Dbd does it more. Because Jason may have some magical abilities he doesn't have in the movies. But he is still killing for himself in locations from the movies (Higgins, Packanack etc). His targets are all the types he killed in the movies. Michael, Freddy, Jigsaw etc don't kill people to please anyone except themselves, let alone something like the Entity. I don't know what the likes of Michael or Freddy would be doing at places like Coldwind Farm or McMillan Estate. They don't kill people by downing them and then putting them on hooks. I won't even get started on stuff like Michael Myers not even killing on Halloween night in Dbd.

And I say all this as a HUGE fan of Dead by Daylight, too. But I'm not going to be a hypocrite and pretend it stays truer to the source and realism with these licensed killers any more than F13 does.

1 minute ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Exactly. They both take liberties with the source material and th abilities of the killers. In fact I'd argue Dbd does it more. Because Jason may have some magical abilities he doesn't have in the movies. But he is still killing for himself in locations from the movies (Higgins, Packanack etc). His targets are all the types he killed in the movies. Michael, Freddy, Jigsaw etc don't kill people to please anyone except themselves, let alone something like the Entity. They don't kill people by downing them and then putting them on hooks. I won't even get started on stuff like Michael Myers not even killing on Halloween in Dbd.

And I say all this as a HUGE fan of Dead by Daylight, too. But I'm not going to be a hypocrite and pretend it stays truer to the source and realism with these licensed killers any more than F13 does.

I’ve been playing DBD for about a month now because it’s honestly a nice break for when I play F13 non-stop. Seriously, about five times a week from August to January me and my friends would stay up until 3-4 AM playing F13 and I got extremely burnt out on playing it. I saw gameplay of DBD and thought I wouldn’t like it but it’s not as bad as people make it out to be, it’s actually on par with F13. Michael Myers killed because he was an insane psychopath, not to please an entity. I like the fact that they got those killers in the game but the purpose behind it is all wrong. Don’t even get me started on if they ever did add Jason to DBD. Jason killed for nobody except his mother. Both games have realism and non-realism to them, I’m not gonna argue on which is better and which is worse because I switch between both of them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Player Base Size doesn't matter.

I mean.. Look at all the fools playing Fortnite.

Fortnite is a joke.  Yet for some bizzaro reason people play it..

tenor.gif

When you're one of those fools that plays fortnite simply because it's fun. 

4 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

tenor.gif

When you're one of those fools that plays fortnite simply because it's fun. 

You can play what ever you want.   Way i see it any game can be fun.

But, Id rather get a jack hammer in the ass then play Fortnite.  Im just sayin'

4 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Haha dude I was high most of the night too :) That and the dodgy crackly headset are why I hardly said a word; when I get high I go really quiet and get lost in what I'm doing lol. It was quite funny actually because after every 3-4 games, I was like 'right if I time it right so I die earliest in this round, I get some time to roll another one'. Obviously I either came back as Tommy or Jason didn't come for me. Couldn't quit to roll because I was the host, although I was surprised I still crashed twice... then again two crashes in like what, 4-5 hours isn't so bad.

Maybe next time we should both play as Mitch, smoke the same amount and be the Super Stoner Brothers™.

I usually use a water pipe myself: fast, cooler smoke, and it reduces the residual smoldering which cuts down on the smell.

And yes, we definitely should.  I'm thinking Thursday night's might work best for a group, if we can get @TheHansonGoons @Risinggrave @Alkavian @Riot_Dame kingsherlock (can't think of his U/N on here), @Zaneygrrl @Truth @Brigadiusand any other Xbox regulars who might be interested.

I don't think the knives or med sprays need to be touched anymore. It's completely fine as it is. I guess if you're paranoid about a counselor having one, just slash the last few to death.

• Like 1

The amount of knives in game does not need changed.

If I am a counselor who finds a knife I probably end up using it 75% of the time on a trap.

DbD is a joke - talk about repetitious!

Fortnite is the WoW of shooter games - it doesn't do anything great, but appeals to the masses for it's simplicity and cartoony effects. 

5 hours ago, malloymk said:

I agree also, my experience is his grab still needs to be tweaked, his grab is fine if a counselor is straight in front of you, but if they are very close to you and just a little to the side Jason still has T-Rex arms.

• Like 1