megaweenieman

Still too many pocket knives

21 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Just when I think you can’t sink any lower...

lol...What made you think that, other than me easily refuting everything you say regarding tanking traps?

Anyways...I think you forget the group I play Private Matches with from this forum. It's mostly the same people you kiss up to around here for approval.

When it comes down to it, the game has so many different scenarios that can occur, and there isn't necessarily any right answer as to how to go about them. What works once won't necessarily work every time (especially with all the bugs and shitty hit detection). You just do what works for you.

But if you were the last counselor alive, gas and battery already in the car, you have the keys, and the driver door is trapped...Something tells me you're not gonna tank it if you have a pocket knife. I think even you can figure that one out...Being down to 3-4 counselors is basically the same as being alone in QP. Not always. But most of the time. 

Anyways...I'll keep disarming traps and starting cars without Jason being around, and then escaping. You do you.

I really can't be bothered to have these little pissing matches with you anymore. I play the game and always do quite well. Many appreciate the advice I've given over the last year or so. I'm sorry that bothers you so much, buttercup.

(Ignored)

18 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Anyways...I think you forget the group I play Private Matches with from this forum. It's mostly the same people you kiss up to around here for approval.

I kiss up to people around here? News to me. Here you are with baseless opinions again.

18 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I really can't be bothered to have these little pissing matches with you anymore. I play the game and always do quite well. Many appreciate the advice I've given over the last year or so. I'm sorry that bothers you so much, buttercup.

(Ignored)

Except you are the one that starts the pissing matches. That’s always been your conduct on here. Somehow I’m able to have many amicable discussions about the game with many people around here...except for you. 

Now that I’m ignored (which you should’ve done ages ago if I trigger you so much), does that mean I won’t be seeing your cute emojis on my posts anymore? They will be missed.

PS: Not sure if you can read this or not but thought I’d post it just in case. Ta da then.

11 hours ago, megaweenieman said:

Every match I run into 4-5. It’s an improvement compared to before the last update but what is the point of giving half the counselors second wind?

I gonna weigh in with my "totally original" never spoken before opinion on this, i think the number of pocket knifes that are in the game now are fair. i say this and i mostly play QP lobbies mind you. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The_Gray_Ghost_ said:

I gonna weigh in with my "totally original" never spoken before opinion on this, i think the number of pocket knifes that are in the game now are fair. i say this and i mostly play QP lobbies mind you. 

I agree, and I mostly play QP too. The number of knives is good right now.

10 hours ago, malloymk said:

Not for nothing but I can confirm many times over that it's 4 + Tommy with knives. Not sure if it's every match or not, but numerous times since the patch I've had 4 + Tommy with knives.

I'm not bitching. Just letting you know.

Each player has their own experiences, so 4+ is understandable. I have had one instance of 5 knives, but never anymore than 5, and it was only that once. It was on Pinehurst.

9 minutes ago, Nougat said:

Each player has their own experiences, so 4+ is understandable. I have had one instance of 5 knives, but never anymore than 5, and it was only that once. It was on Pinehurst.

Yeah, I think 5 is the absolute max I've seen since the more recent patches.

As Jason though, I never seem to get stabbed with PK's more than maybe 3 times in a round. I guess some people are actually using them on traps against me. I know someone used one on the fuse box traps against me today. They messed up the repair though, so I showed up before they could get it fixed. If they didn't mess up the repair though, the cops would have been called without me being alerted.

Tanking traps against me isn't a good idea. Ever.

The 1-2 counselors who might manage to escape me usually do so via car/boat while I'm too busy doing something else, and most of the time I just have to let it happen, because what I'm protecting is more important than 1-2 counselors escaping. 

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Not much tbh. 4 counselors is plenty to get an objective completed without silent disarm. Split pushing doesn’t require extreme coordination...simply knowledge that one objective is already being pushed. 

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

If you say so.

I don't just pull these experiences out of my ass. I've played the game plenty. I know when I'm 1 of 4 counselors left, and I'm alone at one of the cars and I'm able to disarm a trap, repair the car, and leave, it's wise to do it. If I step in the trap like a dumbass (and for no reason other than to hang onto a pocket knife I likely won't need?), Jason is coming right over and my chance to start the car is gone.

In Private Matches with people I'm communicating with, yeah, it's a whole different story. But it would be stupid to tank a trap when you can easily and silently escape. There's no "if" when it comes to perfect repairs when you're using someone like Deb, either. So there's zero risk when you disarm with a pocket knife. Tank it and you're telling Jason "OVER HERE!"

If you really think that's smart to do with 4 counselors remaining in QUICK PLAY - I can't help you. You're hopeless.

(lmao...I just realized this dummy is from Australia. Yeah...I'm sure QP on Aus Servers (only on PS4, no less) and Offline Bots gives you a good sample pool of what gameplay is like :lol: It all makes sense now. Say no more. We're not even playing the same game. Come talk to me when you've played in some real servers.)

You lads both make good points on a pretty consistent basis even when you don't see eye to eye, which makes your pissing matches really odd. Usually there are sound examples of various scenarios that prove both of you correct depending on circumstance *shrugs*. But I guess its because you're both vets with lots of knowledge that makes you but heads. Anyway, thanks for the knowledge from each of ya.

As for me, it depends on the situation. I usually prefer to tank traps and save my knives while working on a multi part objective like the car, but there are some situations where it is absolutely worth it to use a knife on on a trap... especially if there is only one trap remaining at the objective and Jason is busy OR the objective just needs one more part and you happen to have it.

It is very situational and also dependings on your inventory, Jasons playstyle, and the suspected inventories and playstyles of the other counsellors.

2 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

You lads both make good points on a pretty consistent basis even when you don't see eye to eye, which makes your pissing matches really odd. Usually there are sound examples of various scenarios that prove both of you correct depending on circumstance *shrugs*. But I guess its because you're both vets with lots of knowledge that makes you but heads. Anyway, thanks for the knowledge from each of ya.

As for me, it depends on the situation. I usually prefer to tank traps and save my knives while working on a multi part objective like the car, but there are some situations where it is absolutely worth it to use a knife on on a trap... especially if there is only one trap remaining at the objective and Jason is busy OR the objective just needs one more part and you happen to have it.

It is very situational and also dependings on your inventory, Jasons playstyle, and the suspected inventories and playstyles of the other counsellors.

Well said.

The bolded part of your post happens to me A LOT. Hence why I'm heavily in favor of using a pocket knife in such situations. Tanking the trap would be extremely counter-productive to escaping at that point.

I don't take care to avoid Jason for 90% of the round only to screw myself over at the end because I wanna hold onto a pocket knife I won't even need. :lol:

Perfect amount right now. Dont change the amount of PKs please. Not enough to get rid of all traps(unless they play a -traps Jason).

Also, my opinion on using knives for traps - as with most of this game. Its all circumstantial. What may work in one situation and against a certain Jason, may not be great against others. 

I often like using the pocket knife to disarm, however, you also risk making a noise on the objective QTE. Therefore, sometimes it is better to just spring it. If using Lachappa or someone with great QTE skills, then use it. If you are a Fox and probably going to mess up anyway, tank it and keep the knife for the chase or guarding the phone box to give them enough time to call.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, megaweenieman said:

Every match I run into 4-5. It’s an improvement compared to before the last update but what is the point of giving half the counselors second wind?

Have you been taking your meds lately?

30 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

If you are a Fox and probably going to mess up anyway, tank it and keep the knife for the chase or guarding the phone box to give them enough time to call.

When you said Fox, you meant Vanessa or Tiffany?

Who messes up with 6 repair?

5 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Not trying to boost my own ego or say I’m that great but I’ve looped Jason for over half the round before. I can delay Jason for a long time...I play a pretty strong Tiffany playstyle. I try to make her a tank and absorb as much damage as I can (marathon, medic, and thick skinned). I’m know my role is not to fix objectives but distract Jason and have Jason chase me while my smarter teammates repair and then we can escape. There isn’t any point in trying to fix with Tiffany unless you have to. For Tiffany you bring the parts to car and tank traps and she is one of the better sweater girls if that becomes the goal of the round. 

Pretty much.  There are more healing items (thank you medic) than even J2 has traps.  He will eventually run out of them.  PK are better used to remove a mistake if you're an experienced player.  However, if you're new or not very good dealing with Jason, having a pocket knife isn't going to keep you alive.  Using a PK to make the cop called unchallenged (if only one trap is on the phone box) is a good and acceptable use for it on trap.  Never use it on Cars, Jason will know anyhow.

59 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It can happen sometimes, because I believe you only get like a half a second for the last skill check. But after that mistake, you'll easily repair it fairly quickly.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

When you said Fox, you meant Vanessa or Tiffany?

I am actually better now with 2 repair than 6, because I rarely play high repair characters the speed of thwir repair throws me off. Wasn't always that way though 

50 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I am actually better now with 2 repair than 6, because I rarely play high repair characters the speed of thwir repair throws me off. Wasn't always that way though 

Ah. I "main" Deb if I do actually select a counselor (usually go random). I love being able to do 2 clicks and have repairs done. Her repair takes less than 2 seconds too (or very close to that. Never actually timed it).

You need those counselors in times where you're doing repairs right in Jason's face. I go up against groups of the fast/dumb counselors all the time. Their downfall is always repairs taking too long, if they even attempt them at all.

If you're playing this dogshit game to be a killer, you're wasting your time. Go play Dead By Daylight. At least you have a slim chance of sweeping a room there. Jason Voorhees is a soft, weak bitch in this game. And that's just how Gun Media, Illfonic, and the Dance Dance Revolution likes it. It will never change.

9 hours ago, Ahab said:

It depends on the Jason player. I have no problem getting through groups in front of the fuse box.... body blocking included. Sometimes another simple strategy can be employed by Jason... go for the caller. Personally, I destroy every door in the phone house and every window, while taking note of the location of the phone in the house in each match. I also gather any knives that happen to be there while waiting for shift to charge. Most Jason players seem to fight over the fuse box and when counselors are in groups, it is very rare some one is with the caller to protect them... an easy swirly kill in the toilet beside the phone as I have previously took out the bathroom door.... so body blocking is easy countered.
   Plus.. I never try a grab kill at the fuse box for reasons of countering the strategy you use... a lot of other people try the same thing and grab kills can take too long.. gotta smash that box after all.
   I can only remember one time that body blocking did work against me and the cops were called, but the player that did it died in front of the fuse box... along with several other players that were trying to fight me. Although the fights over the fuse box can sometimes get the cops called, against a Jason player that is skilled at fighting groups... it can cost four or more counselors to do it. I recommend stealth... its not just a stat in the game, it is also an effective strategy that can be used by anybody playing any counselor, some just make more sound pings than others.
   If the cops are called while I am Jason, it will be because someone used their knife on my trap almost every time. Never underestimate the sneakiness. There are of course a few mitigating circumstances.....
   Sometimes I have bad timing and hear the trap going off just as I finish morphing somewhere else.... these things can happen to the best of us.
   If there is a car escaping and only a few players left when the trap on the fuse box is set off, I will go for the car. Particularly if I already know it is the four seater... there is a risk of half the lobby escaping in that car... this is a calculated risk... so... this can be a free phone call for players that tanked a trap. But if shift has just been used, going for the car is counter productive... to the fuse box then!
   If I am going for a boat that is escaping... then you will get a free call to the police or car escape.... it is my only remaining badge for Jason.

Personally, if I have a knife at all, it will get used on a trap at an objective, unless I get grabbed by the big guy before I can use it on one. If I find the fuse box and no one is around, the trap gets silently dealt with whether I have the fuse or not. I will then inform everyone I can as to where the fuse box is and that the trap has been dealt with... of course, I am careful that Jason does not hear me say it. You would be surprised how often this works if you and the person with the fuse can both be careful and keep Jason unaware of your strategy.
   I will always go for the fuse box as a counselor unless I run into another repair part while searching, then my focus will shift to that instead. I prefer boat escapes when I can get them, but calling the cops can lead to anyone and everyone escaping, not just a couple of other players that happen to be close to you. After putting in a part, my focus shifts back to the fuse box. Any time I see the fuse on the map, it becomes my new focus... I will try to save a knife for the trap at the fuse box if I have one until it is dealt with... if I have two, or the greatest of rarities... 3 pocket knives, I will still use them on traps unless I get grabbed first. When playing with someone else who is willing to take care of the trap at the fuse box, I can feel free to use mine on any trap I need to. I never use pocket knives to confront Jason as I will only attack him when absolutely necessary... or if some one really, really wants to try and kill Jason... but I still want the cops called (if possible) before the attempt on the big guy's unlife. Sometimes though, I get grabbed and my precious pocket knife is taken away from me... forcing me to tank traps after that, but first I have to lose the big guy.
   In those games when I have no pocket knives... I ask others if they have one and are willing to use it before considering tanking a trap.... unless I want to distract Jason from someone else.

The number of pocket knives in game right now is fine.... and if more people used them on traps and just stayed away from Jason instead of getting in his face, there would be a lot more survivors in every game that is played. Jasons with -traps would be extremely difficult to play if more knives were used on traps, but not impossible and I would still be using part 4 and part 7 Jason over the others.

What is your main counselor you play as? I mainly play Tiffany and Jenny. Sometimes if I want to play somebody smart it’ll be Adam, Fox, or Deborah. If I’m a smart counselor then I’ll use my pocket knife and fix the box. With the perks I run, I don’t really see the point in using my knife when I can easily tank and heal up. Jason may come to your location but counselors do have an edge in combat. If Jason grabs you, he can be stunned in the pocket knife animation...dirty tactic but it works. If he slashes you, then run away and you can stun him mid animation on breaking the fuse box. I’m no expert at guarding the fuse box, but when you have three counselors with a gun, bats, axes, machetes, or firecrackers two things will most likely happen...Jason will get chain stunned and his mask is coming off. It’s not easy for Jason to break the box with so many counsselors guarding it, which is why going for the caller is a smarter move.

5 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Anyway, thanks for the knowledge from each of ya.

You’re welcome. Putting together more to share right now.

7 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

What is your main counselor you play as? I mainly play Tiffany and Jenny. Sometimes if I want to play somebody smart it’ll be Adam, Fox, or Deborah. If I’m a smart counselor then I’ll use my pocket knife and fix the box. With the perks I run, I don’t really see the point in using my knife when I can easily tank and heal up. Jason may come to your location but counselors do have an edge in combat. If Jason grabs you, he can be stunned in the pocket knife animation...dirty tactic but it works. If he slashes you, then run away and you can stun him mid animation on breaking the fuse box. I’m no expert at guarding the fuse box, but when you have three counselors with a gun, bats, axes, machetes, or firecrackers two things will most likely happen...Jason will get chain stunned and his mask is coming off. It’s not easy for Jason to break the box with so many counsselors guarding it, which is why going for the caller is a smarter move.

Counselors have an edge in combat. Now the truth comes out. Why should counselors have an edge in combat against  an undead killing machine that is a foot taller, 100 pounds heavier, and immune to drowning?

26 minutes ago, CrazyLawyer said:

Counselors have an edge in combat. Now the truth comes out. Why should counselors have an edge in combat against  an undead killing machine that is a foot taller, 100 pounds heavier, and immune to drowning?

The truth comes out? People have KNOWN this for as long as the game has been released. It’s common knowledge...I’m not saying that it should be that way but it’s that way as of this moment. Counselors shouldn’t have an edge in combat but I’m not going to sit here and lie and say that Jason has an edge in combat...so you’re going to say that you aren’t going to use the counselors edge in combat to your advantage when playing a counselor? Also pretty sure you’re making Jason a little lackluster. More like a foot and a half to two feet taller and 150-200 pounds heavier

1 minute ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

The truth comes out? People have KNOWN this for as long as the game has been released. It’s common knowledge...I’m not saying that it should be that way but it’s that way as of this moment. Counselors shouldn’t have an edge in combat but I’m not going to sit here and lie and say that Jason has an edge in combat...so you’re going to say that you aren’t going to use the counselors edge in combat to your advantage when playing a counselor?

Counselors should not have an edge in combat. Counselors did not have an edge in combat at game release. Counselors also did not have an advantage in combat in any of the films. Jason's grab was formidable at release and there weren't so many Boy Scout pocket knives. Jason's grab at release shut down a lot of this gang rape bullshit. Today, Jason is a soft whore. When I play a counselor, I focus on objectives, not combat. I'm trying to call the cops or repair a vehicle. Most folks go for beating the camp retard these days.

34 minutes ago, CrazyLawyer said:

Counselors should not have an edge in combat. Counselors did not have an edge in combat at game release. Counselors also did not have an advantage in combat in any of the films. Jason's grab was formidable at release and there weren't so many Boy Scout pocket knives. Jason's grab at release shut down a lot of this gang rape bullshit. Today, Jason is a soft whore. When I play a counselor, I focus on objectives, not combat. I'm trying to call the cops or repair a vehicle. Most folks go for beating the camp retard these days.

His grab at launch was WAY too large of a radius. His grab was a good 10 to 15 feet beyond his reach, literally Darth Vader grab. No, Jason should not have T-Rex arms which is why the grab radius is now pretty good. Sooner or later you are going to be forced to go into combat simply because stealth isn’t as useful as it should be. You can fix objectives and escape but it doesn’t go that smoothly in some rounds. People go into combat to save their lives and fellow counselors lives, it’s a necessity in the game. Some people go for distraction while other fix to get all of the counselors out. Without the distraction characters (Tiffany, Vanessa, Buggzy, Chad) you wouldn’t be able to fix anything because Jason would be all over you instead. I go for distraction because I can loop Jason pretty effectively, I don’t fix shit because I play low repair counselors and then the other counselors would bitch at me for bringing Jason to the area when I try to fix something because the smart counselors wouldn’t put in the part. So it’s a lose-lose scenario sometimes. The point is that counselors should not have an edge in combat but they always have had an edge in combat. You can’t avoid combat all the time unless you want to die.

15 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

His grab at launch was WAY too large of a radius. His grab was a good 10 to 15 feet beyond his reach, literally Darth Vader grab. No, Jason should not have T-Rex arms which is why the grab radius is now pretty good. Sooner or later you are going to be forced to go into combat simply because stealth isn’t as useful as it should be. You can fix objectives and escape but it doesn’t go that smoothly in some rounds. People go into combat to save their lives and fellow counselors lives, it’s a necessity in the game. Some people go for distraction while other fix to get all of the counselors out. Without the distraction characters (Tiffany, Vanessa, Buggzy, Chad) you wouldn’t be able to fix anything because Jason would be all over you instead. I go for distraction because I can loop Jason pretty effectively, I don’t fix shit because I play low repair counselors and then the other counselors would bitch at me for bringing Jason to the area when I try to fix something because the smart counselors wouldn’t put in the part. So it’s a lose-lose scenario sometimes. The point is that counselors should not have an edge in combat but they always have had an edge in combat. You can’t avoid combat all the time unless you want to die.

Undead serial killer has a slightly longer than normal arm reach? "Darth Vader" grab, as you call it? Yeah; sounds fair. Undead serial killer can't grab people 24 inches away? Yeah; sounds like dev bullshit. Dev bullshit to placate crying counselors. You realize that Jason has always been depicted as a supernatural force that is nearly seven feet tall, right? Until now. Apparently, Jason's arms are now less than 24 inches long. According to Gun Media and Illfonic.

• Like 1