4 minutes ago, Deth_Hed said:

Which is why I use throwing knives first... so they use their healing sprays, then get up close while they heal and slash.

Counselors healing after escaping a grab isn't dependent on if you used throwing knives to immobile them or not, within the time it takes for Jason to become unstunned, the counselor will be in good shape again. You increase the chance of losing a potential kill because you wanted to execute a grab kill instead of just slashing them.

9 minutes ago, stoney said:

Counselors healing after escaping a grab isn't dependent on if you used throwing knives to immobile them or not, within the time it takes for Jason to become unstunned, the counselor will be in good shape again. You increase the chance of losing a potential kill because you wanted to execute a grab kill instead of just slashing them.

Using a throwing knife to make them stumble, allows you to close in and get a grab kill. If they use a PK, chances of them having a healing spray and using it are 50/50 depending on the lobby and the levels of the others you are playing against. It's a strategy which has worked for me about 80% of the time on PS4. I typical save a slashing death for those who have irritated me in the match or are trash talking over mic.

I'm not saying slashing deaths are a good way to play, but to each their own.

13 minutes ago, Deth_Hed said:

Using a throwing knife to make them stumble, allows you to close in and get a grab kill. If they use a PK, chances of them having a healing spray and using it are 50/50 depending on the lobby and the levels of the others you are playing against. It's a strategy which has worked for me about 80% of the time on PS4. I typical save a slashing death for those who have irritated me in the match or are trash talking over mic.

I'm not saying slashing deaths are a good way to play, but to each their own.

I don't know why you introduced throwing knives into the conversation as it's irrelevant, it has zero to do with the fact you could lose a kill if a counselor stuns you with a knife and heal sprays. Counselors are bound to have at least one spray depending on the map, it doesn't have anything to do with levels.

9 minutes ago, stoney said:

I don't know why you introduced throwing knives into the conversation as it's irrelevant, it has zero to do with the fact you could lose a kill if a counselor stuns you with a knife and heal sprays. Counselors are bound to have at least one spray depending on the map, it doesn't have anything to do with levels.

I brought throwing knives into the equation as that's a tactic I personally use myself and have had moderate success with. At least 2 throwing knives can bring a counselor (without Thick Skin perk) to a stumble and you can move in for the kill. Most, if they have a healing spray and have Jason right behind them, will use a spray so they can sprint away, thereby using it up... if they don't have the Hypochondriac perk equipped (I think that's the one which gives multiple uses of a healing spray). Yes, you can lose a kill if a counselor uses a pk on you and then a healing spray, but that just adds to the excitement for myself. No, not ALL counselors are 'bound to have at least one spray on them', as I have played as Jason across all the maps in the last month and a half and I've killed quite a number of players who don't even HAVE a healing spray... and after checking the lobby again at the end of the match, a lot of the players I've been put in QP lobbies with are well under level 30 and may not have the relevant perks equipped or (and most likely the case, based off their in game chat) don't care.

57 minutes ago, stoney said:

The Jasons you've played with obviously don't know how to block and they don't know how powerful it is. Slashing is the most effective way to kill counselors when using a slasher Jason in almost any scenario. 

Wait, what??? You obviously haven't played with Counselors that will wiff punish any slash attempt.  And yes, I've played against plenty of Jasons that know how to properly block.

37 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Wait, what??? You obviously haven't played with Counselors that will wiff punish any slash attempt.  And yes, I've played against plenty of Jasons that know how to properly block.

Hmm. I have yet to ever see that happen with a Jason who knows how to block. Its takes .5 seconds to trigger the block if they miss a swing and they're invulnerable. You can't knock them down whatsoever. 

39 minutes ago, Deth_Hed said:

I brought throwing knives into the equation as that's a tactic I personally use myself and have had moderate success with. At least 2 throwing knives can bring a counselor (without Thick Skin perk) to a stumble and you can move in for the kill. Most, if they have a healing spray and have Jason right behind them, will use a spray so they can sprint away, thereby using it up... if they don't have the Hypochondriac perk equipped (I think that's the one which gives multiple uses of a healing spray). Yes, you can lose a kill if a counselor uses a pk on you and then a healing spray, but that just adds to the excitement for myself. No, not ALL counselors are 'bound to have at least one spray on them', as I have played as Jason across all the maps in the last month and a half and I've killed quite a number of players who don't even HAVE a healing spray... and after checking the lobby again at the end of the match, a lot of the players I've been put in QP lobbies with are well under level 30 and may not have the relevant perks equipped or (and most likely the case, based off their in game chat) don't care.

About 7-9 (depending on the map) med sprays spawn each map. That's enough for each person to have at least one. To say you've seen a lot of people not have med sprays doesn't make since. Sure there might be the occasional asshole who carries 3 at once and doesn't offer any help to a wounded player, but that's not the usual.

And I understand you were explaining your strategy, but it's still irrelevant. You spoke of immobilizing them before using a grab kill, the way it happens is irrelevant. Doesn't matter if you slashed, caused them to run into too many broken windows, made them run out of a second story window, they stepped in a bear trap, or used throwing knives. It's still not as effective as just killing them and not chancing a pocket knife stun.

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

Hmm. I have yet to ever see that happen with a Jason who knows how to block. Its takes .5 seconds to trigger the block if they miss a swing and they're invulnerable. You can't knock them down whatsoever.

This isn't like how it was during launch and its much longer than .5 secs.  Jason can't block right away from swing recovery (but can off of throwing knives).  Most players wanting to fight Jason now use swift attacker as well.

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

It's still not as effective as just killing them and not chancing a pocket knife stun.

You can’t kill them if you get knife stunned? 

Or do you mean situations where the counselor would escape camp if they got the knife stun on you? 

I’m asking because I don’t let pocketknives deter me from getting the grab kill. If I get stunned, I get stunned. I’ll catch them and kill them anyway. I don’t know; I guess it’s that thrill of the hunt thing with me.🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, stoney said:

About 7-9 (depending on the map) med sprays spawn each map. That's enough for each person to have at least one. To say you've seen a lot of people not have med sprays doesn't make since. Sure there might be the occasional asshole who carries 3 at once and doesn't offer any help to a wounded player, but that's not the usual.

And I understand you were explaining your strategy, but it's still irrelevant. You spoke of immobilizing them before using a grab kill, the way it happens is irrelevant. Doesn't matter if you slashed, caused them to run into too many broken windows, made them run out of a second story window, they stepped in a bear trap, or used throwing knives. It's still not as effective as just killing them and not chancing a pocket knife stun.

I have seen, as a counselor, others grab healing spray and jump out a window... only to stand up and use it. Granted not in every match, but has happened with some frequency. I've also run through many cabins etc and seen closed drawers which upon opening have healing sprays in them. It didn't use to happen, but for the last few months, the mentality of some players are just to run through every cabin, grab a pk or tape and leave everything else whether healing spray, firecrackers, keys, fuse, battery or gas. Hence when they're wounded, a lot of running dead are seen for Jason to kill.

It's not irrelevant. It's a viable strategy and it depends on your playstyle as Jason. Are you a Slasher Jason who only slashes? A Grabby Jason who does grab kills? Prop Jason who does Environmental kills or a Jason who combines the three and uses everything at their disposal to get the job done. Myself... I'm the latter. I will be a Slasher Jason near a objective and if there's more than one counselor nearby (The cars and boat are a prime example), but if I'm stalking after a single counselor... I'll play with them til I feel like killing. We all play as a Counselor or Jason differently, which may not work for everyone... but if it works for me, I'll play as I do. As Jason, use throwing knives, traps, grab kills, slash and environment kills... as a Counselor anything I can to get away.

To each their own. 'Nuff said.

1 hour ago, JackTV said:

You can’t kill them if you get knife stunned? 

Or do you mean situations where the counselor would escape camp if they got the knife stun on you? 

I’m asking because I don’t let pocketknives deter me from getting the grab kill. If I get stunned, I get stunned. I’ll catch them and kill them anyway. I don’t know; I guess it’s that thrill of the hunt thing with me.🤷🏻‍♂️

As in it makes you have to go chase them again, which consumes time and we all know why time is important. 

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

This isn't like how it was during launch and its much longer than .5 secs.  Jason can't block right away from swing recovery (but can off of throwing knives).  Most players wanting to fight Jason now use swift attacker as well.

No it's not. Try it out yourself, its incredibly fast. If Jason doesn't know how to dodge attacks by simply turning around and going into combat stance, then that is a Jason that doesn't really know what he's doing or how to block properly. 

35 minutes ago, Deth_Hed said:

I have seen, as a counselor, others grab healing spray and jump out a window... only to stand up and use it. Granted not in every match, but has happened with some frequency. I've also run through many cabins etc and seen closed drawers which upon opening have healing sprays in them. It didn't use to happen, but for the last few months, the mentality of some players are just to run through every cabin, grab a pk or tape and leave everything else whether healing spray, firecrackers, keys, fuse, battery or gas. Hence when they're wounded, a lot of running dead are seen for Jason to kill.

It's not irrelevant. It's a viable strategy and it depends on your playstyle as Jason. Are you a Slasher Jason who only slashes? A Grabby Jason who does grab kills? Prop Jason who does Environmental kills or a Jason who combines the three and uses everything at their disposal to get the job done. Myself... I'm the latter. I will be a Slasher Jason near a objective and if there's more than one counselor nearby (The cars and boat are a prime example), but if I'm stalking after a single counselor... I'll play with them til I feel like killing. We all play as a Counselor or Jason differently, which may not work for everyone... but if it works for me, I'll play as I do. As Jason, use throwing knives, traps, grab kills, slash and environment kills... as a Counselor anything I can to get away.

To each their own. 'Nuff said.

Your strategy still has nothing to do with what happens after a counselor is already immobile and you're deciding if to melee kill them or grab kill them 

7 minutes ago, stoney said:

Your strategy still has nothing to do with what happens after a counselor is already immobile and you're deciding if to melee kill them or grab kill them 

Now, you're nitpicking... but I'll play along. I pretty much know what kill I'll do to a counselor when I have one stumbling away. If there's a environment kill nearby, I'll go for that or I'll go for a grab kill. Also, depending on if someone has fumbled on repairing the fuse or car, that will also determine if I do a grab kill (Head punch being the quickest) or just slash a few more times to kill them. At times, I may leave the walking wounded... let them think they've won in that instance, but come back when they least expect it to get the kill. It's all about personal preference and if you yourself @stoney prefer to slash and slash, then by all means keep doing it if it works for you. I'll use what works for me.

I play to have fun... and this is how I play as Jason. May not work for everyone... but meh...

50 minutes ago, Deth_Hed said:

Now, you're nitpicking... but I'll play along. I pretty much know what kill I'll do to a counselor when I have one stumbling away. If there's a environment kill nearby, I'll go for that or I'll go for a grab kill. Also, depending on if someone has fumbled on repairing the fuse or car, that will also determine if I do a grab kill (Head punch being the quickest) or just slash a few more times to kill them. At times, I may leave the walking wounded... let them think they've won in that instance, but come back when they least expect it to get the kill. It's all about personal preference and if you yourself @stoney prefer to slash and slash, then by all means keep doing it if it works for you. I'll use what works for me.

I play to have fun... and this is how I play as Jason. May not work for everyone... but meh...

I don't care about your strategy and I'm not being nitpicky all of a sudden. I've been saying the same thing every reply to you.

I prefer to win. I just go with what seems to be the most effective choice in the situation. I use grab kills only if I'm certain they don't have a pocket knife or I'm shift grabbing, because I've witnessed plenty of Jasons losing out on easy kills due to chancing. I've also seen the opposite, but I personally would chose to be on the safe side. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, stoney said:

I don't care about your strategy and I'm not being nitpicky all of a sudden. I've been saying the same thing every reply to you.

I prefer to win. I just go with what seems to be the most effective choice in the situation. I use grab kills only if I'm certain they don't have a pocket knife or I'm shift grabbing, because I've witnessed plenty of Jasons losing out on easy kills due to chancing. I've also seen the opposite, but I personally would chose to be on the safe side. 

You are... You attack my strategy then act indifferent about it. I don't care how you want to play. It's all about personal preference and playing to win is one thing... but myself (and probably others) want to have fun and play in way which is different from others. I'm 150, so scrambling to get all the kills to get max points, means nothing to me at this time, until they raise the level cap. If I miss out on a kill because I'm 'chancing' with others... so be it. But it's how I play the game. Don't like it, then don't be in a PS4 lobby you see me in (My gamertag is Deaths Head 200, for reference). Just don't try to force your opinion on how to play as Jason on to others, if you don't like how they play.

17 minutes ago, Deth_Hed said:

You are... You attack my strategy then act indifferent about it. I don't care how you want to play. It's all about personal preference and playing to win is one thing... but myself (and probably others) want to have fun and play in way which is different from others. I'm 150, so scrambling to get all the kills to get max points, means nothing to me at this time, until they raise the level cap. If I miss out on a kill because I'm 'chancing' with others... so be it. But it's how I play the game. Don't like it, then don't be in a PS4 lobby you see me in (My gamertag is Deaths Head 200, for reference). Just don't try to force your opinion on how to play as Jason on to others, if you don't like how they play.

.... I think you're just in defense mode for no reason at all. I haven't attacked anything you have said, I'm just making the obvious point that killing an immobile counselor with a melee is less riskier than grabbing them. Besides that, I've just been pointing out that you're adding irrelevant topics to the discussion, like your strategy on chasing down counselors and using throwing knives. Both have 0 to do with whether or not its better to kill a counselor with a grab and risk a pocket knife or to use a melee.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stoney said:

.... I think you're just in defense mode for no reason at all. I haven't attacked anything you have said, I'm just making the obvious point that killing an immobile counselor with a melee is less riskier than grabbing them. Besides that, I've just been pointing out that you're adding irrelevant topics to the discussion, like your strategy on chasing down counselors and using throwing knives. Both have 0 to do with whether or not its better to kill a counselor with a grab and risk a pocket knife or to use a melee.

Am I in defense mode? Yup, after someone quotes me all the time and then says that my strategy is irrelevant, but whatever. What you say is true, about 'killing an immobile counselor with a melee is less riskier than grabbing them'. I have never denied that... but it's not a style I play as. Throwing knives aren't irrelevant as they are a viable method to weaken a Counselor so that when you grab them and they use a PK, you are still able to get them and grab-kill or environ-kill them. It's also up to the player as Jason to decide whether to grab-kill or slash-kill (which you seem to be a staunch advocate of) and their choice alone.

For those who aren't max level and want as many XP as possible... grab-kills give them that extra XP of about 30xp, compared to a simple slash which earns 20xp. Look, you and I are never gonna agree 100% about how to play... you play your way, I'll play mine. I'm done with this convo with you.

4 minutes ago, Deth_Hed said:

Am I in defense mode? Yup, after someone quotes me all the time and then says that my strategy is irrelevant, but whatever. What you say is true, about 'killing an immobile counselor with a melee is less riskier than grabbing them'. I have never denied that... but it's not a style I play as. Throwing knives aren't irrelevant as they are a viable method to weaken a Counselor so that when you grab them and they use a PK, you are still able to get them and grab-kill or environ-kill them. It's also up to the player as Jason to decide whether to grab-kill or slash-kill (which you seem to be a staunch advocate of) and their choice alone.

For those who aren't max level and want as many XP as possible... grab-kills give them that extra XP of about 30xp, compared to a simple slash which earns 20xp. Look, you and I are never gonna agree 100% about how to play... you play your way, I'll play mine. I'm done with this convo with you.

Your strategy is irrelevant to what we were discussing. I'm sorry if that offends you and makes you defensive. 

You get more xp for killing all counselors than you would not doing so because a few got away since they had pocket knifes and you couldn't catch them. If you can catch them, then cool. If you decide to not slash because it's not how you want to play Jason, then cool. I don't care. It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not killing a counselor with a grab or melee is more effective.

• Like 1

This made it to 10 pages? Wow, y'all (those complaining about 3-4 pocket knives per match being too many) are THAT shitty at shift grabbing? Practice. Pocket knives usually buy anyone I am chasing about another 15-25 seconds. If they are a good kiter, obviously they last longer than that, but that is relative to skill, not a knife problem. For the most part, this game is played with average players, so that won't happen often anyways. 

Jasons just need to level up their game. So many cries for Jason buffs on this forum, when in good hands, he still steamrolled QP even in December. As for private matches, he will always be at a disadvantage because of how good the communication is and the fact that Jason can't be in two places at once. No amount of buffs will change that.

When I first started playing the game, I was ‘ok’ at grabbing for the kill, but I needed work. So I would slash to slow down the Vanessa’s and Bugsy’s, then grabbed them to finish them off. I got yelled at nearly every time I was Jason.

I’ve gotten to the point now that I never need to slash. Even when they use knives on me (and I get four used on me every game), I kill them anyway. I needed a lot of practice to get to this point. And I still have notable weaknesses, especially against the car.

Now that my skills have sharpened, I understand why players were bitching at me. I had to repeat myself over and over that I personally don’t care how someone plays in this thread. But Jason is the only player in the match who is overpowered. Knives are just a tool to give a counselor a fighting chance; it’s never an even playing field, even when more knives were on the map.

That said, no matter how you view slashing, the general consensus among the player base is that it’s the least skillful way to attain kills. Slashing comes with zero risk to the only player in the game who’s OP to begin with. Not that hack n’ slashers care what the community thinks, but it might be something worth thinking about for the developers if a sequel is ever made. 

At this stage in the game the number of pocket knives is fine and there's no way it needs to be increased or adjusted because of any given individuals stupidity. I still, albeit rarely, see counselors speed looting and booking to every campsite but it has almost no effect on survivability in QP lobbies. If I see it going on as a counselor I just write it off, if I see it as Jason I'll make it a point to slash that one counselor. Coming across a slashing Jason is now so infrequent it's a shock to see. I only normally use, or witness, the slashing being used in group situations. 

If anyone is still playing only as a slasher they're probably suffering from pre-patch pocket knife ptsd.

So today I was told I'm the reason people don't want to play this game anymore because I happened to slash a Vanessa to death. to clarify She was the last person and tried to employ a looping strategy at the main house on Pinehurst. Only one pocket knife was used on me in the match by another player. So, I figured she had a pocket knife and didn't want to risk chasing her around the house for the rest of the round hence me slashing. Turns out I was wrong and this person decide send me a lot of hate in the lobby. Now I don't think I did anything wrong I'm just amazed at the sensitivity of some players and felt like commenting on it.

7 minutes ago, The_Gray_Ghost_ said:

So today I was told I'm the reason people don't want to play this game anymore because I happened to slash a Vanessa to death. to clarify She was the last person and tried to employ a looping strategy at the main house on Pinehurst. Only one pocket knife was used on me in the match by another player. So, I figured she had a pocket knife and didn't want to risk chasing her around the house for the rest of the round hence me slashing. Turns out I was wrong and this person decide send me a lot of hate in the lobby. Now I don't think I did anything wrong I'm just amazed at the sensitivity of some players and felt like commenting on it.

I wouldn't stop playing because of getting slashed to death.

But the only reason to SLASH the last player to death is because you only have a few seconds left in game and can't risk getting pocket knifed in the neck.  

I always eat pocket knives..  on purpose.     I want the money shot.

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I wouldn't stop playing because of getting slashed to death.

But the only reason to SLASH the last player to death is because you only have a few seconds left in game and can't risk getting pocket knifed in the neck.  

I always eat pocket knives..  on purpose.     I want the money shot.

I will admit I get a bit (read: very) triggered when I see a Vanessa in the game playing as Jason. Mainly Because of bad experiences with top Vanessa players, I take out past aggressions on them and am not afraid of being harsh. 

11 minutes ago, The_Gray_Ghost_ said:

I will admit I get a bit (read: very) triggered when I see a Vanessa in the game playing as Jason. Mainly Because of bad experiences with top Vanessa players, I take out past aggressions on them and am not afraid of being harsh. 

Slashing isn't harsh tho and thats the problem.  It leaves players unsatisfied with their death.

Shoving an axe into her crotch and dragging her across it is harsh.    And much more enjoyable.  (Gotta think like Jason)

I welcome getting pocket knifed if time is on my side.  Don't care if they have three pocket knives either.  The last counselor left is happy hour.    Sometimes i slash the last player to a slow/limp state and just let them waddle around..   before having my way with them.

31 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Slashing isn't harsh tho and thats the problem.  It leaves players unsatisfied with their death.

Not sure if I agree on this. The players that complain about being slashed are usually the speed looters that are used to surviving via pocket knife/kiting. The same ones that tea bag, use emotes while kiting and talking trash. In other words, the “trolls”.

The trolls are never content, even if they survive they continue with the “your a trash Jason” comments.

I wonder if they lead very unhappy lives, as their “gaming life” is very unpleasant?

Oh well, life goes on.

Slashing is part of the game and people need to get over it. I just laugh at the people who get mad when they die and want to send me all kinds of messages cussing me out. It makes them more mad lol but the point is to kill you if I'm Jason, and I can use whatever method I want. Whether it's an environmental kill, a grab kill, throwing knives, drowning or slashing, you end up dying so who cares how it happened. Usually they are mad because they had a pocket knife or two, or they were hoping you'd grab them so another counselor could hit you and save them. Slashing gets such a bad rep but I love using it and if someone slashes me then who cares? The point is for Jason to kill you. A grab kill isn't the only one that's allowed. Jason is a slasher after all.