Because really, who does it? What's the point other than stamina refill that people probably don't use much anyway? I know inner cabin spots get utilized sometimes, but does anyone hide in outhouses and tents anymore? Sure, some twats try to hide the entire round, but we don't need to acknowledge them.

So, does anyone have an idea to give purpose to hiding spots again or did they just prove to be a concept that failed to have much purpose?

Pre-rage to try and stay off Jason's radar momentarily plus not make noise while you wait to make a move while close to an objective. Or while Jason is chasing someone else nearby you don't want to let him know your in the vicinity as well. Especially if you have no means to defend yourself. I have hidden in outhouses several times. The tents not as much. 

• Like 4

Occupying a hiding spot while its covered by an external light source is the fastest way to recover stamina in the game. I wouldn't say that's not a useful concept, because it's very useful for basically every counselor in the game. Not to mention hiding also reduces fear, and considering how bad high levels of fear will wreck stamina regeneration as well as cause counselors to stumble (which is a death sentence if you're fighting Jason), it's definitely a feasible idea if you aren't near a cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Tommy said:

Pre-rage to try and stay off Jason's radar momentarily plus not make noise while you wait to make a move while close to an objective. Or while Jason is chasing someone else nearby you don't want to let him know your in the vicinity as well. Especially if you have no means to defend yourself. I have hidden in outhouses several times. The tents not as much. 

Doesn't going in and out of a hiding spot make noise? I'll admit, I don't do it much, so I'd appreciate any advice.

If Jason is close enough, yes he can hear it. As for sound bubbles, I'm not sure. I don't think so. 

If you are AJ, you can spawn in the phone house and jump in a hiding spot. Jason can walk through the house in front of her and she wont make a peep without playing the breathing game.

As long as her fear levels are low, she doesnt make a sound in them.if Jason hits a power box she will make a noise. If Jason is prerage, its hard to find her.

Pop in and out in between cabins while carrying objectives if your runners aren't helping.

As for all characters, great for bad spawns in the beginning. Hop to the cabin next to main objectives right away and hide before he has sense or sees you. Rarely does he smash up every cabin nearby to find you. 

• Like 2

Hiding spots are great if you can utilize them properly, if you cant you are a sitting and then dead duck.

2 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Hiding spots are great if you can utilize them properly, if you cant you are a sitting and then dead duck.

Yeah like the people that hold their breath when Jason had no clue they were there especially with well composed characters. It's just like the movies then, except Jason can't turn his head to the noise all Jason-like. 

Hiding spots are useful when you know what it does and how to utilize them.  Anyone that is good at working objectives knows how to abuse them to fool Jason into morphing away when he doesn't know you're actually there.  Post-rage though, never use them unless you can risk it for the stamina regan and fear reduction only.

30 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Yeah like the people that hold their breath when Jason had no clue they were there especially with well composed characters. It's just like the movies then, except Jason can't turn his head to the noise all Jason-like. 

I'm convinced some Dev designed this to deliberately to fuck us over.... like in the movies :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

If you are AJ, you can spawn in the phone house and jump in a hiding spot. Jason can walk through the house in front of her and she wont make a peep without playing the breathing game.

As long as her fear levels are low, she doesnt make a sound in them.if Jason hits a power box she will make a noise. If Jason is prerage, its hard to find her.

Pop in and out in between cabins while carrying objectives if your runners aren't helping. 

Yes. I pretty much only use AJ and I use the hiding spots in this way. 

My biggest issue with hiding spots, is the hold breath function.  It doesn't last long and is noisy, it's a dead giveaway for jason. Again I'm speaking as an AJ player and it seems better to just not use it. Maybe fir others it works. 

After rage is activated, then hiding spots are useless, which is a shame because with all the talk of balance and buffing counsellors or jason blah deep blah. I think a fair addition that favours counsellors is to not enable jason to see hiding spots in rage mode. But if you decide to stay in it all match or for too long your character has to wear a chicken shit hat for a month haha. 

• Like 1

Hiding places can be OP to pre-rage Jasons if you use them in a half competent manner.

I play as Shelly and the number of times his 1 point of Luck have resulted in me spawning at the phone house has been murder. So, I started using the Bot strategy of instantly throwing myself in the nearest hiding place and waiting for the Jason to do his breaking of things, setting of traps, then taking off. Many times he is gone before he even has sense, much less shift, so I'm home free at that point.

3 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Hiding places can be OP to pre-rage Jasons if you use them in a half competent manner.

I play as Shelly and the number of times his 1 point of Luck have resulted in me spawning at the phone house has been murder. So, I started using the Bot strategy of instantly throwing myself in the nearest hiding place and waiting for the Jason to do his breaking of things, setting of traps, then taking off. Many times he is gone before he even has sense, much less shift, so I'm home free at that point.

Lol, while it is fun to watch what a Jason does when he is unaware you're there :lol:, I wouldn't hide that early since I'm missing out on valuable looting time.  I'd rather distance myself from Jason (it's easy, I can do this even with LaChappa) and loot there.

6 hours ago, Hell Toupee said:

Because really, who does it? What's the point other than stamina refill that people probably don't use much anyway? I know inner cabin spots get utilized sometimes, but does anyone hide in outhouses and tents anymore? Sure, some twats try to hide the entire round, but we don't need to acknowledge them.

So, does anyone have an idea to give purpose to hiding spots again or did they just prove to be a concept that failed to have much purpose?

I use them all the time. You do have to be smart about it. I avoid using outhouses and closets because the noise of them opening/closing is loud. Beds and tents work fine if Jason is nearby. Outhouses and closets work if he is father away. They are all good for Stamina recharge. Never use the hold breath function.....never....it gets you killed because it doesn't last long enough. If your Fear is super-high....don't use a hiding spot. You'll be likely to cry out. Its pretty simple really.

• Like 1

I always use hiding spots to dodge Jason. And they almost always work (because I use them correctly). 

6 hours ago, The Tommy said:

I hide alot, I'll go routes that take me to camps or outhouses for the purpose of hiding for quick stam regeneration. Works pretty well, just hit a tent and about 20 seconds later I pop out with full stamina and go to the next spot. Before I go to tank a trap I look for an outhouse, or open the window to the nearest bed. It's risky if no one is around, but if anyone else is in the area you'll probably be safe to tank the trap and hide quickly.

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Lol, while it is fun to watch what a Jason does when he is unaware you're there :lol:, I wouldn't hide that early since I'm missing out on valuable looting time.  I'd rather distance myself from Jason (it's easy, I can do this even with LaChappa) and loot there.

Tried that, wound up with a Part 2 Jason tunneling me and no cabins within sprinting distance and me as the only kill of the match. Your method has a big flaw because you're not accounting for the 1 Luck.

I have used the tents many times, when there is like 1 or 2 minutes for the police to arrive and I get to the closest camp to the police area, and I wait safely.

• Like 1

Also useful if you have a second person to tank an objective trap. Have the fixer hide with the part while the runner does a take-n-shake with Jason, and the fixer does the fix while the j-man's distracted. 

• Like 1

Never go into the Outhouse, There might be leeches (or was it eels?) down there, And you don't want to get drowned in Leeches and Feces 

10 hours ago, Hell Toupee said:

Hiding pre-rage is part of my MO.

I never hide longer than a minute, and only long enough for Jason to morph away, so I can tank his trap at the phone box, and hide again. 

I do wish Jason had his sense and stalk swapped, so the first 5 minutes you could actually hide behind a tree or bush.

• Like 1

They are really great when you need to go to the bathroom. 

I use them when another player is being chased by Jason and drags him straight to the cabin I am looting. Doesn't help much though when the 10 year kid then asks "why are you hiding?". 

If I'm in a cabin with multiple counselors (especially one near an objective) and Jason is outside, I'll hide. Everyone else runs away and distracts him, but I can stay near the objective because Jason doesn't figure someone is still hiding in the cabin.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

They are really great when you need to go to the bathroom. 

I use them when another player is being chased by Jason and drags him straight to the cabin I am looting. Doesn't help much though when the 10 year kid then asks "why are you hiding?". 

Your points are perfect, Good Job there!

4 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Also useful if you have a second person to tank an objective trap. Have the fixer hide with the part while the runner does a take-n-shake with Jason, and the fixer does the fix while the j-man's distracted. 

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

If I'm in a cabin with multiple counselors (especially one near an objective) and Jason is outside, I'll hide. Everyone else runs away and distracts him, but I can stay near the objective because Jason doesn't figure someone is still hiding in the cabin.

Both are great tactics.