23 minutes ago, Flyin_J said:

Maybe this will be the last post on the subject, hm?

I certainly hope so. How many times do we have to go over this? Thank you for making it clear, shifty.

At this point this could be a temporal pinned thread because there's not a single day where i don't see a thread of people complaining about where's the update (looking at the steam forums too):ph34r:

1 hour ago, Flyin_J said:

Maybe this will be the last post on the subject, hm?

Lol that's a good one. Until it is released, the threads will keep coming. 

The update is coming out in April. It will release on April 13, 2019. Seems pretty accurate knowing Gun Media and Illfonic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BigJay said:

The update is coming out in April. It will release on April 13, 2019. Seems pretty accurate knowing Gun Media and Illfonic.

That's being generous. Honestly I try not to think about it too much so when it does finally arrive I'll be like cool. No need to stress out over it. 

37 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Do you want a stupid piece of shit buggy as fuck update? They just making sure it runs stable.

7 minutes ago, The Gunslinger said:

Do you want a stupid piece of shit buggy as fuck update? They just making sure it runs stable.

Are you expecting a bug free update? :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

It's all relative. The updates that added Part 4 Jason and Roy were pretty good, and every other update was awful, either technically or because of balance changes for the worse.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Especially the new bugs. Those are fun. 

50 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Does anyone else agree that we should start a F13 update club? The first rule of F13 update is....

The last rule of Fight Club is to please empty all the bins, pack the tables and chairs neatly away and to make sure all the lights are turned off. 

I'd rather have the estimate for the update be 'the latest' instead of 'the earliest'. April at the earliest just means it can come out at anytime. It can be pushed to May or even June for any number of reasons. 

I think a lot of people's issue come from how vague details on when the actual updates are dropping tend to be, and how infrequent updates to this game are in general. 

At the very least I hope to see frequent hotfixes after this engine update is dropped. For this update, the wait is understandable, but pushing forward, hotfixes should be a regular thing. No one wants to wait 5 months for a full blown update to fix something as gamebreaking as the car rubberbanding glitch.

6 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I'm just saying its better than nothing.

Not by much, but true enough. Thanks for sharing. 

2 hours ago, Nougat said:

I'd rather have the estimate for the update be 'the latest' instead of 'the earliest'. April at the earliest just means it can come out at anytime. It can be pushed to May or even June for any number of reasons. 

I think a lot of people's issue come from how vague details on when the actual updates are dropping tend to be, and how infrequent updates to this game are in general. 

At the very least I hope to see frequent hotfixes after this engine update is dropped. For this update, the wait is understandable, but pushing forward, hotfixes should be a regular thing. No one wants to wait 5 months for a full blown update to fix something as gamebreaking as the car rubberbanding glitch.

I think the whole point of the words chosen was because setting a timeline on revamping a game engine and every asset is a major overhaul. Giving it only a couple months is a pretty tough deadline.

Considering they aren't exactly known for meeting deadlines, maybe its better they kept it vague. Also, that tweet, clearly by someone with low reading comprehension, was from days ago, and anyone that read Shifty's statement back in February would know there was no way to expect it on the 13th. Most of us dont even expect it this month. 

4 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Most of us dont even expect it this month. 

Or year. Or in the span of the game's life. Ok, maybe that's even too much of a stretch for these guys.....I hope lol

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think the whole point of the words chosen was because setting a timeline on revamping a game engine and every asset is a major overhaul. Giving it only a couple months is a pretty tough deadline.

Considering they aren't exactly known for meeting deadlines, maybe its better they kept it vague. Also, that tweet, clearly by someone with low reading comprehension, was from days ago, and anyone that read Shifty's statement back in February would know there was no way to expect it on the 13th. Most of us dont even expect it this month. 

I wasn't saying I was agreeing with them, I was saying that saying April, at the earliest is a rather useless statement to make from a team known for missing deadlines and generally taking forever to update their game. 

As I said before, this is the one time it would make sense for an update to take long, but previous updates taking so long only to break more than they fixed was a huge letdown and the reason a lot of players left.

2 minutes ago, Nougat said:

I wasn't saying I was agreeing with them, I was saying that saying April, at the earliest is a rather useless statement to make from a team known for missing deadlines and generally taking forever to update their game. 

As I said before, this is the one time it would make sense for an update to take long, but previous updates taking so long only to break more than they fixed was a huge letdown and the reason a lot of players left.

This isn't just like the other big updates, this one is gigantic one and that they are basically rebuilding the whole game. It's a whole new engine for Christ sakes. 

God forbid if they give us an estimated date. It's not their fault that some of their fans are rather impatient. 

• Like 1