nowjoshua

Is Victoria’s image from the engine update ?

I’m curious if the image from Victoria’s Stats is a peak of how the engine update is going to look like. Or maybe that version of Victoria is the current engine and will be updated when the engine update comes out. I’m thinking , wouldn’t they want to show her on the current engine to not spoil how the the update will enhance it ? 

What do you guys think ??

It's probably from the new version of the engine. Anything built for the old version will probably need to be worked on for the updated version. I would bet that anything they are working on now is for the new engine version that way it doesn't require needing to be built twice.

6 minutes ago, nowjoshua said:

I’m curious if the image from Victoria’s Stats is a peak of how the engine update is going to look like. Or maybe that version of Victoria is the current engine and will be updated when the engine update comes out. I’m thinking , wouldn’t they want to show her on the current engine to not spoil how the the update will enhance it ? 

What do you guys think ??

I don’t know, her hair looks more realistic in the photo whereas at the moment the girls hair looks like string so I think it’s from the new engine

5 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

She looks exactly like Fox almost lol

Well Victoria is a sneaky, manipulative bitch

• Haha 1

If this is indeed from the new engine update, then it begs the question, is the engine update finished? If not, it must certainly be close anyway.

7 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

If this is indeed from the new engine update, then it begs the question, is the engine update finished? If not, it must certainly be close anyway.

Its probably close but considering every system in the game has to be tweaked and tested to ensure it works properly with the new engine version I don't think it's complete. There will need to be a lot of QA to be able to find any bugs and glitches that sprang up because of this upgrade.

My main hope is that they hired a new voice actor to do her lines, versus having one of the existing actors alter their tone, ala Chad/Lachappa and Vanessa/Fox. Actually, I can't find any clarification that Fox is Noveen Crumbie, but it certainly sounds like her. I hope the character is completely fresh and distinct, and not a Tiffany version 2.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

My main hope is that they hired a new voice actor to do her lines, versus having one of the existing actors alter their tone, ala Chad/Lachappa and Vanessa/Fox. Actually, I can't find any clarification that Fox is Noveen Crumbie, but it certainly sounds like her. I hope the character is completely fresh and distinct, and not a Tiffany version 2.

Fixing the bug that causes the wrong counselors voice to be heard would be nice.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Its probably close but considering every system in the game has to be tweaked and tested to ensure it works properly with the new engine version I don't think it's complete. There will need to be a lot of QA to be able to find any bugs and glitches that sprang up because of this upgrade.

Very true.

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

Fixing the bug that causes the wrong counselors voice to be heard would be nice.

Agreed. Speaking of another bug, the lack of car engine start up sounds. Last night, for just a couple seconds, it actually played the engine start up sound in a game I was in.

5 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Agreed. Speaking of another bug, the lack of car engine start up sounds. Last night, for just a couple seconds, it actually played the engine start up sound in a game I was in.

I noticed recently that making repairs doesn't make any noise, I seem to remember there was a subtle sound of tools clanging or something while the repair was in progress. I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure I remember some kind of sound.

Why would they make a model of a new counselor in the current engine that will not be released until the updated engine comes out? That would be a waste of time and effort. If this is not what she will look like in the updated engine, then they may have toned her down to look closer to the counselors in the current engine... but this also sounds like wasted time and effort.... in fact, both of these points just reek of effort.
   Chances are, the released pictures are what she will look like in the updated game engine.

5 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I noticed recently that making repairs doesn't make any noise, I seem to remember there was a subtle sound of tools clanging or something while the repair was in progress. I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure I remember some kind of sound.

I haven't had that issue, but yes there's various sounds for doing repairs.

7 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

You are correct. You used to hear a continuous sound while the car was starting up, and now you only hear a noise when the process finishes.

41 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

This is huge. One of the worst bugs. I actually think it takes the game down a notch on its own. The voice actors are pretty good, and not utilizing them properly comes across as extremely amateur, even more than the game actually is.

On topic, Victoria looks to be from the new engine. Her facial details and hair textures look fantastic.