So I killed 2/2 counsellors in a small match on quick play. But on the returning to lobby screen it showed Tommy Jarvis as alive but the match already ended before he was summoned so I had no chance to get him. WTF yo! :unsure:

4 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

That's weird. :huh:

This is indeed a disturbing universe! :wacko:

with them working on the game maybe thats the reason everything is being weird? I noitced things started getting super glitchey after they announced the updates...or maybe not:mellow:😆

Just now, Lyric said:

with them working on the game maybe thats the reason everything is being weird? I noitced things started getting super glitches after they announced the updates...or maybe not:mellow:😆

I wouldn't think so because the game would not be affected until you get the update.

• Thanks 1

Had another glitch. I clearly called Tommy in the match then got killed and then 2 more counsellors got killed but Tommy was never summoned. The remaining 3 escaped. I did notice the you died screen lasted twice as long as it normally does. Then had connection failure notice but I think I still got the points for the match so no biggy. Just weird.

I've actually seen myself start to spawn as Tommy before and then immediately go to Mommy loves you Jason cut scene and game is over... Its usually when most of the lobby decides to leave during match and there are only 2 people left for Jason to kill.. need 2 people to die for Tommy to spawn. The game just gets confused because everyone is dead but it also has code in there to spawn Tommy when atleast 2 people are killed and Tommy was called...

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I've actually seen myself start to spawn as Tommy before and then immediately go to Mommy loves you Jason cut scene and game is over... Its usually when most of the lobby decides to leave during match and there are only 2 people left for Jason to kill.. need 2 people to die for Tommy to spawn. The game just gets confused because everyone is dead but it also has code in there to spawn Tommy when atleast 2 people are killed and Tommy was called...

I’m sure that’s easily fixed. Like I’m sure they could make it for Tommy to be able to spawn when no counsellors are alive.

8 minutes ago, J.J. said:

I’m sure that’s easily fixed. Like I’m sure they could make it for Tommy to be able to spawn when no counsellors are alive.

Yeah probably.. Hope the scenario goes away completely with the salt mines. Guess we will see..

@J.J. I have actually seen this happen a lot. Tommy starts to spawn just as the last surviving counselors leave in the car.... but game ends and... no Tommy spawn.
    From what I have seen.... Tommy will not spawn if no one else is in the match. When I have seen this happen, Tommy was called not long before the car left with the remaining one to four counselors. I am not sure what determines how long it takes Tommy to spawn, but he does not always spawn right away unless called later in the match and one or more people are waiting in the afterlife club.
    At the end of a match I usually hit the button to see how everyone was killed and who escaped. Quite a few times I have noticed that Tommy was just starting to spawn... but the game ends because there is no one left to save. I do not think this is a bug or a glitch, but rather it is intended.... Tommy is there to save people, not wander around alone.
    This can happen much more often if everyone who dies leaves the game before Tommy can spawn.
    Also.... not really a big deal.... if everyone is gone, the game is over and anyone who has been waiting a while gets to start a new game with everyone else instead of waiting for a Tommy player to run Jason around the map for another ten minutes.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@J.J. I have actually seen this happen a lot. Tommy starts to spawn just as the last surviving counselors leave in the car.... but game ends and... no Tommy spawn.
    From what I have seen.... Tommy will not spawn if no one else is in the match. When I have seen this happen, Tommy was called not long before the car left with the remaining one to four counselors. I am not sure what determines how long it takes Tommy to spawn, but he does not always spawn right away unless called later in the match and one or more people are waiting in the afterlife club.
    At the end of a match I usually hit the button to see how everyone was killed and who escaped. Quite a few times I have noticed that Tommy was just starting to spawn... but the game ends because there is no one left to save. I do not think this is a bug or a glitch, but rather it is intended.... Tommy is there to save people, not wander around alone.
    This can happen much more often if everyone who dies leaves the game before Tommy can spawn.
    Also.... not really a big deal.... if everyone is gone, the game is over and anyone who has been waiting a while gets to start a new game with everyone else instead of waiting for a Tommy player to run Jason around the map for another ten minutes.

This is the correct answer. And yes. The match does not need a Tommy if there is nobody for him to assist.

• Thanks 1