Anyone else experience a glitch where you exit the car after Jason stops it, or it crashes or what ever, you are running far away, then suddenly you appear back at the car in Jason's grip?

35 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Anyone else experience a glitch where you exit the car after Jason stops it, or it crashes or what ever, you are running far away, then suddenly you appear back at the car in Jason's grip?

Just anyone who drives...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

Just anyone who drives...

I had it happen to me as a front seat passenger over the weekend. On PC. Jason stopped car and went to my side instead of driver. I was running away then next thing I know im back at car next to Jason again.. I wasn't grabbed though, so just started running again after he slashed at me...

It’s one of the most infurating glitches when you are almost 30 feet from the car and you look behind you and see that Jason starts his grab animation and you rubber band back to the car. This is why I hate driving because it’s so unfair to the counselor player...it’s a cheap kill on Jason’s part.

I've had this happen in any seat of the car, but mostly in the driver seat. It's annoying to be 25 feet away from Jason after getting out of the car, only to be yanked back to the car door like I wasn't already diving through a cabin window. 

yes it happened to me a couple of times. I think it is mostly related to high ping. That's why I usually enter lobbys where I am never more than 180ms 

I personally haven't seen this very often, hasn't even happened to me, but it happened once last night. I escaped from a early 2 seater escape, so I was spectating, and a lone Mitch started the 4 seater. He hit a tree trying to avoid Jason on a narrow road, and when he got out, he just stood there. He got grabbed and became deaded. He said he ran away, but he teleported into Jason's hand o' doom.

7 minutes ago, Hancove said:

yes it happened to me a couple of times. I think it is mostly related to high ping. That's why I usually enter lobbys where I am never more than 180ms 

My ping is always good, and this has happened to me multiple times. Funny enough though when i teleport back I never die i just start the running all over again from the car. Almost like the grab was negated.. There was one time though i was tommy and saw myself getting choked out and saw the you died screen, but then I was back in game running away... lol

This happens to me all the time, I'm normally the dumbass saying "I'll drive". Without a PK you are pretty dead if he stops you, try to sprint away and your pulled back. Try to exit without sprinting and you're grabbed anyway. Rubber band glitch, and the action lock glitch on Jason or counselors are the worst things right now.

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

My ping is always good, and this has happened to me multiple times. Funny enough though when i teleport back I never die i just start the running all over again from the car. Almost like the grab was negated.. There was one time though i was tommy and saw myself getting choked out and saw the you died screen, but then I was back in game running away... lol

lol, once I died, really I was spectating other guys and then after 5 minutes, all of a sudden I was back in the game with Vanessa lol 

1 hour ago, Hancove said:

It isn't related to ping at all. It's been a known issue since the January patch.

Its happened to me several times now. I am getting sick of it. Jason is getting a free kill from this glitch and counselors are getting screwed over.

22 hours ago, malloymk said:

It isn't related to ping at all. It's been a known issue since the January patch.

Ok, I made a wrong assumption then... I didn't play from december to a couple of weeks ago so I don't really know what is happened in the meantime :)

22 minutes ago, SirMang said:

It's lag.

On Jason's screen you don't move. 

It's a bug, not lag. I have been the host and I've had this happen. My wife has been host and I've had 28 ping and this has happened. Also, if this was just a lag issue this would have been happening before the January patch. Which it had not, so...

You are correct that on Jason's screen the character is not moving though. 

This should have been hot-fixed by now. Especially when they knew the next patch wasn't coming out until "April at the earliest". This is a notch or two below the fuse sinking into the ground on the game breaking scale.

Is this forum going through a time warp? There are so many new threads started for old and common issues, and from people that have been here for awhile.

Goodbye! Goodbye forum!! Have a good one forum!! I'll see you on Twitter, forum!! Maybe.

You made me tap out forum. Maybe if I fall down a flight of stairs and suffer a massive brain injury I'll be able to comfortably return.

On 4/16/2018 at 4:00 AM, Ste_Wolf said:

I want to know what causes these new bugs, every update? Because the rubber band, car bug is annoying. 

It's been happening since what, the October update (or maybe the one after)? Seems like quite a while. Between that bug and the car being fitted with a Tyco engine it's like trying to escape in a Radio Flyer. Without a PK the driver might as well be in the boat with Part 7 Jason doing the backstroke (rhymes unintended).

@Wes explained a little bit of what's happening here in this tweet:

"Yeah this all sounds like lag + state change. State change being when jason or counselor goes from one anim set to another; like walking to grabbing or running to getting car. If lag spike hits at that moment, the server is confused to your current state...this frozen."

I have this glitch happen all the time now idk what to do about it, hell it happens with the boat too. for example, i was on the Javis map got out of the boat because Jason showed up ran all the way to the camp site next to the island on the right ride of the map then magic teleported back to the location of the boat and in Jason's grasp. had a pocket knife so i  thought i escaped. turns out nope i run away again then i start taking slash damage out of nowhere, i turn my camera to see Jason slashing thin air and hitting me.

4 minutes ago, The_Gray_Ghost_ said:

I have this glitch happen all the time now idk what to do about it, hell it happens with the boat too. for example, i was on the Javis map got out of the boat because Jason showed up ran all the way to the camp site next to the island on the right ride of the map then magic teleported back to the location of the boat and in Jason's grasp. had a pocket knife so i  thought i escaped. turns out nope i run away again then i start taking slash damage out of nowhere, i turn my camera to see Jason slashing thin air and hitting me.

Yeah, happened to me similarly today.