• Jenny
    • Kenny
    • Lachappa
    • Mitch
    • Shelly
    • Tiffany
    • Vanessa
    • Victoria

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/21/2018 at 12:45 AM

11 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Jenny...

Fight me.

I'm with you as usual about all things Jenny, but I think the Vanessa voters have a good argument here, at least since the last major patch gave Jason more knives and speed.

5 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I'm with you as usual about all things Jenny, but I think the Vanessa voters have a good argument here, at least since the last major patch gave Jason more knives and speed.

Yeah I'll roll a slower person like Jenny and do the look behind to see Jason is a lot closer to me for my liking. 

25 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I find it's generally pretty easy to ambush them with shift and stalk and get a kill before they can do much of anything.

There is plenty you can do to avoid being shift grab.  What I've been doing is hanging out in the open with Tommy while spamming the sweater activation.  Even if I don't know he closing in with shift, once he enters sweater range it will capture him.  Even if you're not doing that, if sweater girl has a pocket knife (Tommy should give his if she doesn't have one), Jason is in a bad spot; if he melees sweater girl, the sweater activates; if he grabs or swings at Tommy, sweater saves him, he picks up machete and confirm the kill.

24 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

I get that Vanessa is the strongest counselor and I'm not disputing it.  This topic is about "all-round" counselor to fit a various playstyles.  If you wanna avoid Jason while other counselor are still around, don't play Vanessa.  Playing her there is always a chance that Jason will make a surprise visit even if you're far from any hotspots.  While a advance player can deal with Jason, not everyone wants to be suddenly interrupted when they rather use their resources completing a objectives.  2 repair isn't bad, but not all players can do it consistently, and some people it's not acceptable to miss a check here and there. 

Best all-arounder, I'd say Fox or Adam, even though I don't like their low luck.  Victoria has potential, but that depends on how hard a 3 repair is for the average player.

3 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

There is plenty you can do to avoid being shift grab.  What I've been doing is hanging out in the open with Tommy while spamming the sweater activation.  Even if I don't know he closing in with shift, once he enters sweater range it will capture him.

This.

10 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

What I've been doing is hanging out in the open with Tommy while spamming the sweater activation.

That's a nice trick, but most sweater girls are practically useless so I can't really rely on it, and if I'm the sweater girl the Tommy will be useless and won't get the mask off. I have to do everything myself, and you're not demasking Jason solo as a girl unless he's basically braindead and lets you hit him through windows. Very rarely do I get to play with stuff like this.

11 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

That's a nice trick, but most sweater girls are practically useless so I can't really rely on it, and if I'm the sweater girl the Tommy will be useless and won't get the mask off. I have to do everything myself, and you're not demasking Jason solo as a girl unless he's basically braindead and lets you hit him through windows. Very rarely do I get to play with stuff like this.

Believe it or not, I've been able to coach most Tommys into demasking Jason.  They don't need to be good, just follow directions and be brave.  As a sweater fetch, my job is to make it convenient for others to go along with my plans and backup Tommy. 

As for most Sweater girls being useless, I agree,  Its much easier orchestrating the J-kill as the sweater wearer than being Tommy.  Many times, all Tommy has to do is hit confirm and not fuck it up, lol.

When playing lone wolf in QP lobbies I tend to find Shelly better fits the all around counslor title. Why? Because Shelly can fill all the roles decently enough on his own to achieve victory.

Vanessa is too speacialized to be the best overall counslor all she does is run and stun, any gameplay strategy a player employs will focus on this. She’s terrible at repair and can’t stay off Big J’s rader. This all means she’s not flexible enough to adjust to the current situation in a given match and unless played by a competent player will fail more often than not.

5 minutes ago, The_Gray_Ghost_ said:

When playing lone wolf in QP lobbies I tend to find Shelly better fits the all around counslor title. Why? Because Shelly can fill all the roles decently enough on his own to achieve victory.

Vanessa is too speacialized to be the best overall counslor all she does is run and stun, any gameplay strategy a player employs will focus on this. She’s terrible at repair and can’t stay off Big J’s rader. This all means she’s not flexible enough to adjust to the current situation in a given match and unless played by a competent player will fail more often than not.

Shelly doesn't really fit any role particularly well. He's a bad runner, a bad fighter due to abysmal luck, a mediocre repairman and his stealth, while higher than most, still isn't good enough to get silent jogging. His best trait is his strength, and he's not the best in that category and has the lowest luck of all strength characters. And on top of that strength is a pretty poor stat.

Vanessa isn't specialized at all. She's the fastest, can run the furthest and has one of the highest luck stats which makes her one of the best fighters. She's the best sweater girl too. Her repair is high enough to repair so long as Jason is not present and her only weakness, her lack of stealth, is actually a strength in some ways. If you nerfed Vanessa's luck and repair, then she would become a specialized character.

I understand what your saying but I'm gonna agree to disagree with you in this one man. I'll just chalk it up to a difference in playstyle, if I ever run into you in quick play you can cover me with Vanessa. I need the back up its lonely out there for my mitch.

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Believe it or not, I've been able to coach most Tommys into demasking Jason.  They don't need to be good, just follow directions and be brave.  As a sweater fetch, my job is to make it convenient for others to go along with my plans and backup Tommy. 

As for most Sweater girls being useless, I agree,  Its much easier orchestrating the J-kill as the sweater wearer than being Tommy.  Many times, all Tommy has to do is hit confirm and not fuck it up, lol.

This. Coaching is an underrated ace in the hole for counsellors attempting a kill. If a Tommy is trying to help then he is likely coachable. I once coached a level 1 Tommy through a kill. It won't always pan out and you're not going to transform a poor Tommy into a superhero, but you can sometimes coach a well-intentioned Tommy just enough to salvage plenty of kills against mediocre Jasons.

• Like 1

AJ. I main AJ and just find her to be really good at most things. Obviously she is good at repairs and stealth, but I still find that if Jason swarms us as a team trying to lave - I can do plenty to keep him occupied wile we restart car etc. I have played every counselor and just find her more to my liking. I am looking forward to Victoria when she comes out - will definitely give her a try. 

Gotta be Fox for sure.  Good strength, Good Repair.  Decent speed/Stamina.  Decent.  Nothing great though.  But good enough.   Vanessa's repair is too poor to consider her the best "all around".  She'll run me ragged for sure but Generally she can be snatched if the area is trapped and she tries to repair something 

1 minute ago, DorianRo said:

Gotta be Fox for sure.  Good strength, Good Repair.  Decent speed/Stamina.  Decent.  Nothing great though.  But good enough.   Vanessa's repair is too poor to consider her the best "all around".  She'll run me ragged for sure but Generally she can be snatched if the area is trapped and she tries to repair something 

Vanessa isn't for repairing in Jason's face, but that's rarely necessary. So long as there are at least one counselor in two different objective areas, Jason can't stop one of them from being repaired. He can't be in two places at once.