• Jenny
    • Kenny
    • Lachappa
    • Mitch
    • Shelly
    • Tiffany
    • Vanessa
    • Victoria

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/21/2018 at 12:45 AM

33 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Fair points, but I feel like Tiffany is a lot easier to lone wolf than Vanessa. Vanessa’s stealth will give her position away and you may wind up being tunneled. With Tiffany, the only way Jason will find you in the beginning of the match is if you spawn near an objective which makes Tiffany better for carrying parts and not making any noise and she can still traverse the map with ease with her above average speed and very high stamina. Vanessa has the edge in most stats but they are very minimal increases and easy to work around. Tiffany is basically the slower and slightly dumber version of Vanessa but a WHOLE lot stealthier. Again, if stealth actually mattered as much it would make Tiffany a more viable option over Vanessa.

With Vanessa, pre rage. I can run a part, tank a trap then run to a hiding spot nearby and wait. Once he's gone, I can go tank another and repeat. I love it, once rage hits you're busted. But before that I use outhouses and beds for a quick stam boost or to lay low, works great. Vanessa is so awesome!

3 minutes ago, Nougat said:

No problem, I am all for complimenting those who deserve it.

Nothing feels worse than hearing J4's music the moment you spawn in (meaning they skipped the knives in the shack). Regardless of it being pre-shift, it's a hassle to be tunneled by a running Jason with +Destruction before even being able to take a few steps. J2 is probably my bane for the same reason you said about J4 and -Shift being more accurate. I have an easier time with J4 because he is bad at keeping multiple objectives from being pushed, so I can usually get breathing room for a while if my teammates are pushing objectives. J2 usually doesn't have that problem as much with his 7 traps, so he'll stay on me for quite a long time.

I'm guess you play a repair counselor? lol.  J4 is a beast to slower counselor.  Too bad he as effective stopping a car as Savini stopping a boat :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

The Chad. It's not even close. The only thing going against him is being unable to use Pamela's sweater.

Haha... :lol: Chad is a very strong counselor, but hardly balanced.  Player better know how to fight, otherwise that 10 luck is wasted.

8 minutes ago, Nougat said:

I'm just going by what the OP said. Repairing is part of being an all-rounder.

2 Repair is workable if you reroll for 5 skill checks and have good reaction time.

Very true.  Not every player can live with missing up a check every now and then.

6 minutes ago, Nougat said:

I'm just going by what the OP said. Repairing is part of being an all-rounder.

2 Repair is workable if you reroll for 5 skill checks and have good reaction time.

? I am the OP...but I get the point that Vanessa is better at repairing but all her stats besides composure and stamina are only marginally better than Tiffany while Tiffany has an entire 9 point difference between her and Vanessa in stealth. So it’s really your choice on whether you want to be better in more stats (Vanessa) or excel in one stat (Tiffany). Both have similar playstyles honestly.

Just now, GeneiJin said:

I'm guess you play a repair counselor? lol.  J4 is a beast to slower counselor.  Too bad he as effective stopping a car as Savini stopping a boat :rolleyes:

Haha... :lol: Chad is a very strong counselor, but hardly balanced.  Player better know how to fight, otherwise that 10 luck is wasted.

I play Jenny primarily unless I am going for Jason kills with a group of friends, then I switch to Buggzy and use Epic Slugger/Swift Attacker/Potent Ranger. They are all max percents with no penalties. I tend to get in 1 heavy attack as Buggzy with a machete, die, then if I come back as Tommy, I shoot Jason from as close as possible with the shotgun, retrieve a machete and then go for that 'Cosby Sweater' technique, since Jason will hife if his mask is off. I give sweater girl the bat that I spawn with to be certain that she has one. The 35% damage boost on Tommy makes the above method I posted consistent. One heavy attack during the sweater stun will knock the mask off after the damage previously done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nougat said:

I play Jenny primarily unless I am going for Jason kills with a group of friends, then I switch to Buggzy and use Epic Slugger/Swift Attacker/Potent Ranger. They are all max percents with no penalties. I tend to get in 1 heavy attack as Buggzy with a machete, die, then if I come back as Tommy, I shoot Jason from as close as possible with the shotgun, retrieve a machete and then go for that 'Cosby Sweater' technique, since Jason will hife if his mask is off. I give sweater girl the bat that I spawn with to be certain that she has one. The 35% damage boost on Tommy makes the above method I posted consistent. One heavy attack during the sweater stun will knock the mask off after the damage previously done.

Yes, I've very aware of the "Cosby Sweater" :lol:.  It's so dirty even I won't do it (unless I'm trolling people I normally play with).  I'd prefer to give Jasons a fighting chance.

11 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

? I am the OP...but I get the point that Vanessa is better at repairing but all her stats besides composure and stamina are only marginally better than Tiffany while Tiffany has an entire 9 point difference between her and Vanessa in stealth. So it’s really your choice on whether you want to be better in more stats (Vanessa) or excel in one stat (Tiffany). Both have similar playstyles honestly.

By OP I meant the Original Post of the thread, I understand how that can get mixed up though. I think the main difference between them besides stealth is luck. The difference between 4 and 6 is oddly pretty large.

5 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Yes, I've very aware of the "Cosby Sweater" :lol:.  It's so dirty even I won't do it (unless I'm trolling people I normally play with).  I'd prefer to give Jasons a fighting chance.

I only do it because Jasons become fish once their mask is off. It does feel dirty though, especially since one match on Crystal Lake Small, we killed Jason Pre-Stalk.

Edit: People voting for Kenny lol. 5 in strength, stealth, composure are all useless, and 2 and even 1 intelligence counselors are more consistent in NOT botching their skill checks and alerting Jason, so adding to that, his 5 in intelligence is pretty shit as well. Kenny is Shelly tier bad, easily the most overrated counselor.

5 minutes ago, Nougat said:

I only do it because Jasons become fish once their mask is off. It does feel dirty though, especially since one match on Crystal Lake Small, we killed Jason Pre-Stalk.

Yea, I get it.  I've done it so many times that if a Jason wanna be a fish, let him.  Nice to know who is fighter and who is a pussy.

Okay, I guess I'm confused.

Are we voting on "The Best Counselor" or "The Best All-Around Counselor"?  There's quite a large difference:

One is the one you enjoy playing with the most and their particular skill-sets best complement what you want to accomplish in the game.

The other is the counselor who is the best to have IN ANY SITUATION. (e.g., juking, shuttling parts, repair, killing Jason, etc.)

Saying Vanessa or Chad is the best ALL-AROUND counselor just isn't true. While you may be able to do some important things much better than others, you cannot hope to compete with other counselors in many other areas.

In truth -- the best overall COUNSELOR is Kenny, because he's average at everything. The best all-around CHARACTER is Tommy, because he has 10 across the board.

If we want to discuss who the best counselor to play as is, that's fine. I just wanted to clarify since the OP did ask for the best "all-around."

So there. ^_^

EDIT: In hindsight, I see the OP actually asked for the "Best All ROUND Counselor." That counselor would be OL&S LaChappa, as he's quite round and pleasantly plump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Yea, I get it.  I've done it so many times that if a Jason wanna be a fish, let him.  Nice to know who is fighter and who is a pussy.

I mostly only used that technique when going for 13 kills on Friday the 13th.

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Are we voting on "The Best Counselor" or "The Best All-Around Counselor"?  There's quite a large difference:

One is the one you enjoy playing with the most and their particular skill-sets best complement what you want to accomplish in the game.

The other is the counselor who is the best to have IN ANY SITUATION. (e.g., juking, shuttling parts, repair, killing Jason, etc.)

Saying Vanessa or Chad is the best ALL-AROUND counselor just isn't true. While you may be able to do some important things much better than others, you cannot hope to compete with other counselors in many other areas.

In truth -- the best overall COUNSELOR is Kenny, because he's average at everything. The best all-around CHARACTER is Tommy, because he has 10 across the board.

If we want to discuss who the best counselor to play as is, that's fine. I just wanted to clarify since the OP did ask for the best "all-around."

So there. ^_^

I edited my post above explaining how shit Kenny is. He may even be worse than Shelly. I can at least use Lightfoot and Slugger to knock Jasons mask off from behind while he hits a door as Shelly. Kenny having a 5 in certain stats just doesn't cut it for those specific stts and how those stats work. He is so bad lol.

7 minutes ago, Nougat said:

I mostly only used that technique when going for 13 kills on Friday the 13th.

Cool, you stream?

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Cool, you stream?

I don't. To be honest, I only played this weekend because the extra XP and the fact that it was Friday The 13th. Last time I played was probably two or three weeks ago. I play on PS4, and the amount of Jason teamers lately is absurd. I prefer QP, so I just have to deal with the BS until I find a decent lobby, in which host usually quits if they die first. Reporting Jason teamers to jasonkillsbugs, even with compelling evidence does nothing, so I am taking a break until the engine update. 

Maybe I'll stream if this new update fixes things like rubberbanding and how poor the game performs during rain. Still, Jason teamers are going to be around until the devs start to take that seriously.

19 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

So there. ^_^

EDIT: In hindsight, I see the OP actually asked for the "Best All ROUND Counselor." That counselor would be OL&S LaChappa, as he's quite round and pleasantly plump.

Stat wise I guess Kenny is best all round simply because of all five in his stats, but it plays a lot differently when you’re actually in the game. Some of his stats just don’t cut it. There are so many more viable counselor to play rather than Kenny. Like let’s compare Kenny and Jenny. Jenny is better in luck, composure, and stealth and they both have the same stamina. The difference in a 5 and a 6 luck is quite larger, not to mention people have stated that Jenny’s stealth is secretly higher than a 6 (an 8.5). Kenny’s advantages in strength, speed, and repair just don’t cut it when compared to Jenny’s advantages which is why I believe Jenny is better all round. I could do the same for all the counselors, because what Kenny has an advantage in isn’t all that great. A 5 in every stat isn’t as useful as it may seem.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Nougat said:

By OP I meant the Original Post of the thread, I understand how that can get mixed up though. I think the main difference between them besides stealth is luck. The difference between 4 and 6 is oddly pretty large.

Edit: People voting for Kenny lol. 5 in strength, stealth, composure are all useless, and 2 and even 1 intelligence counselors are more consistent in NOT botching their skill checks and alerting Jason, so adding to that, his 5 in intelligence is pretty shit as well. Kenny is Shelly tier bad, easily the most overrated counselor.

Meh...a 3 and a 4 luck is quite a large gap. Tiffany gets three hits from a bat and does a 6 luck get three or four hits? I wish you would be able to take more damage from a Jason weapon swing like it was at launch if you had higher luck. Jenny, Vanessa, and Chad could all tank a trap without thick skinned and not be limping and not I don’t think they can. As I said, Vanessa’s stats are marginally better...none of her stats are heaps amd bounds better than Tiffany’s unlike Tiffany’s stealth conpared to Vanessa’s thunderfeet. It’s down to who you like more honestly...I like Tiffany’s character trope better which is why I play her so I may sound a little bias, Vanessa is a great counselor to play but I still think she is highly overrated.

I wouldn’t say Shelly is awful...most people that play Shelly are extreme noobs, I have yet to have a Shelly escape from me while I was Jason. None of the counselors are awful to play, people just have preferences. Shelly is low-tier compared to most of the counselors though :/ 

Just now, JennyMyers1984 said:

Meh...a 3 and a 4 luck is quite a large gap. Tiffany gets three hits from a bat and does a 6 luck get three or four hits? I wish you would be able to take more damage from a Jason weapon swing like it was at launch if you had higher luck. Jenny, Vanessa, and Chad could all tank a trap without thick skinned and not be limping and not I don’t think they can. As I said, Vanessa’s stats are marginally better...none of her stats are heaps amd bounds better than Tiffany’s unlike Tiffany’s stealth conpared to Vanessa’s thunderfeet. It’s down to who you like more honestly...I like Tiffany’s character trope better which is why I play her so I may sound a little bias, Vanessa is a great counselor to play but I still think she is highly overrated.

6 in luck has 4 bat swings, 4 and 5 have 3 bat swings.

In terms of best overall Counselor when it comes to surviving for as long as possible without bothering with objectives, it would be Vanessa, followed by Chad.

In terms of most versatile Counselor that can jump from one role to another in a pinch, it would be Kenny, followed by Fox, and perhaps Adam.

In terms of best suited in working behind the scenes tackling objectives without attracting Jason's attention, it would be A.J, followed by Deborah. I rank A.J. above Deborah due to her ability to sprint silently with a Lightfoot perk, which means she is able to make repairs more quickly and quietly than Deborah can, so as long as the player manage their stamina gauge well.

In terms of planning to de-mask Jason and help other prepare to kill Jason, it would be Brandon, followed by Adam, and Fox. Fox is notable as she is the one Counselor to have high Strength and wear Pamela's Sweater at the same time.

In terms of most efficient in fetching Pamela's Sweater and helping Tommy kill Jason, Vanessa is the best choice, followed by Tiffany.

Please keep in mind that these results I've listed are based on the Counselor's general play-style, as more experience players are likely to do well in any role with any Counselor.

• Like 1

I went out of my comfort zone this weekend (decided to go for the "super fan" trophy) and tried everyone once. Actually played surprisingly well as Fox. I was able to waste Jason's (Roy) time for a solid 10 minutes kiting and stunning him. Considering I was the second to last to die in the lobby that game I don't think he was a bad Jason or anything. (Although it's possible everyone else was worse or just had really bad luck. It was a QP match.) 

I still gotta say Kenny is the best all around, but I wouldn't say he is THE best, not by a long shot. His 5/10 stats across the board make him a solid choice though.

7 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

. . . or repair for $#!%.  ;)

The Chad does not need to get his hands dirty. That's what the help is for. Though if he really has to, he can get his hands dirty and get it done. 

7 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

The Chad's stat arrangement is too advanced for the simple folk lol

7 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

With Vanessa, pre rage. I can run a part, tank a trap then run to a hiding spot nearby and wait. Once he's gone, I can go tank another and repeat. I love it, once rage hits you're busted.

I've done this strategy too. Good stuff.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

The cosby sweater is less about making it easier to demask Jason and more about depriving him of the chance to morph away and hide in the corner of the map until you get a timer victory. I've never been able to do it unfortunately, as nobody ever knows it's a thing.

7 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

The best thing about him is his squealing. 

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

The cosby sweater is less about making it easier to demask Jason and more about depriving him of the chance to morph away and hide in the corner of the map until you get a timer victory. I've never been able to do it unfortunately, as nobody ever knows it's a thing.

Yea I understand that, but its a bit unfair for my liking as its already easy enough for Tommy to get called in most games and grabbing the sweater with him.  Once sweater is fetched and Tommy with a machete there is little counter-play afforded to Jason.  Even doing it the traditional way, I can still capture Jason with the sweater just after he recovers from demask stun with good timing, or catch him just after the start-up of shift but before he moves out of sweater activation range.  Even if Jason manages to escape and decides to hide in the waters, oh well.  I've killed Jason so many times so I don't care that much and we've effectively won the game.  A true Jason players will make some kind of counter attack eventually anyhow allowing for a chance to kill him. 

Just now, GeneiJin said:

Yea I understand that, but its a bit unfair for my liking as its already easy enough for Tommy to get called in most games and grabbing the sweater with him.  Once sweater is fetched and Tommy with a machete there is little counter-play afforded to Jason.  Even doing it the traditional way, I can still capture Jason with the sweater just after he recovers from demask stun with good timing, or catch him just after the start-up of shift but before he moves out of sweater activation range.  Even if Jason manages to escape and decides to hide in the waters, oh well.  I've killed Jason so many times so I don't care that much and we've effectively won the game.  A true Jason players will make some kind of counter attack eventually anyhow allowing for a chance to kill him. 

I find it's generally pretty easy to ambush them with shift and stalk and get a kill before they can do much of anything.