Jump to content

Best All Round Counselor  

60 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Best All Round

    • Adam
      5
    • AJ
      9
    • Buggzy
      1
    • Chad
      2
    • Deborah
      1
    • Fox
      4
    • Jenny
      7
    • Kenny
      10
    • Lachappa
      1
    • Mitch
      0
    • Shelly
      2
    • Tiffany
      2
    • Vanessa
      13
    • Victoria
      3

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/21/2018 at 12:45 AM

Recommended Posts

In your opinion, based on stats alone who is the best all round counselor? Obviously it seems like Kenny would be the choice because he is a 5 in every stat, but I feel as though he is always one of he first to die and NOT the best all round. It seems to me that Jenny and Fox do really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on your playstyle, but honestly for me it's easily Vanessa. I think stamina and speed are the most important traits in this game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buggzy is nearly as fast as Vanessa and has a role in defending and stunning Jason .He could do a lot of damage to Jasons plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I can find a repair buddy brave enough to fix while I fight as Vanessa, it's heartwarming :). But usually they run away and I have to do the fixing. Quick play seems to be getting more competent but maybe that's cuz the community is small rn on the pc. If I'm in a lobby with less productive counselors then Fox/Deborah. Victoria looks like she'll be fun- her stats are more suited for the final girl than Jenny's I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenny, with perks you can make him play any style you want. Except stealth...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vanessa easily...she is OP

Speed and stamina are vital to surviving longer, but not only that, she is a decent repairer, only 4/5 skill checks , and they are slow...which means it's actually easier not to mess up. I repair a whole car all the time , and if Jason shows just run away and kite him . She should get a nerf, at least in repair I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, PARTVI said:

Vanessa easily...she is OP

Speed and stamina are vital to surviving longer, but not only that, she is a decent repairer, only 4/5 skill checks , and they are slow...which means it's actually easier not to mess up. I repair a whole car all the time , and if Jason shows just run away and kite him . She should get a nerf, at least in repair I think. 

I agree with you completely, that Vanessa is OP the strongest counselor in the game, but that doesn't mean she is the most balanced when it comes to fitting a variety of playstyles.  She does attract Jason so you better be prepared (in items and skill)if Jason finds you because he can't find anyone else.  Some playstyles prefer to stay reasonably hidden for the first part of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Gloved One said:

Vanessa Is Overrated 

As someone that switch mains from the fastest to one of the slowest, I agree completely.   Vanessa is the best, but definitely overrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jenny and Chad if you have compotent teammates. Vanessa if you are lonewolfing. This is disregarding No-Fear Jenny, since you technically need to have perks to make that setup work. No-Fear Jenny is lonewolf viable IMO. Jenny and Chad can work with 2 Repair (as can Vannesa) and they have the two fastest car starting speeds which helps in a pinch. Their luck also helps them if they are being tunneled for long periods of time due to the weapon durability increase. Jenny has the edge on stamina management, while Chad has the edge on traversing the map faster. So on a decent team of counselors, I think they can fit any mold pretty well, granted the player knows what they're doing.

Vanessa for obvious reasons is the best choice when lonewolfing, since despite her stealth, she can hold her own better than any other counselor and also has that 2 repair, which is just enough to get the job done.

Victoria is looling like she will be the best all-rounder when she comes out though. Good stealth, stamina and luck, adding to that, her 3 repair will be more reliable than Chad, Jenny, and Vanessa's current 2 in repair.

My vote goes to Vanessa for the sole reason of her being easiest counselor to lonewolf as.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

Jenny...

Fight me.

Ayee! I switch between Tiffany and Jenny, if I feel like I’m growing tired of those two I’ll choose between Chad, Deb, Adam, and Fox...everyone else I only play if I’m doing random. Here is the reason Jenny is the most balanced; her composure is maxed, great luck, she is slow but has average stamina so she can get from point A to point B and rarely trips while doing so, her stealth will not give away her position, and her repair is a 2 so she can easily reroll the skill check and repair with ease. People don’t like her because she’s slow, although looking at her stats she is so well balanced. People like Vanessa because she is fast and even though she has a 1 in stealth, stealth isn’t as useful as it was in the beta. Stealth needs a COMPLETE rework and actually base it on sense avoidance where Vanessa and Buggzy are easily spotted and Tiffany and AJ and quite difficult to find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nougat said:

Jenny and Chad if you have compotent teammates. Vanessa if you are lonewolfing. This is disregarding No-Fear Jenny, since you technically need to have perks to make that setup work. No-Fear Jenny is lonewolf viable IMO. Jenny and Chad can work with 2 Repair (as can Vannesa) and they have the two fastest car starting speeds which helps in a pinch. Their luck also helps them if they are being tunneled for long periods of time due to the weapon durability increase. Jenny has the edge on stamina management, while Chad has the edge on traversing the map faster. So on a decent team of counselors, I think they can fit any mold pretty well, granted the player knows what they're doing.

Vanessa for obvious reasons is the best choice when lonewolfing, since despite her stealth, she can hold her own better than any other counselor and also has that 2 repair, which is just enough to get the job done.

Victoria is looling like she will be the best all-rounder when she comes out though. Good stealth, stamina and luck, adding to that, her 3 repair will be more reliable than Chad, Jenny, and Vanessa's current 2 in repair.

My vote goes to Vanessa for the sole reason of her being easiest counselor to lonewolf as.

Fair points, but I feel like Tiffany is a lot easier to lone wolf than Vanessa. Vanessa’s stealth will give her position away and you may wind up being tunneled. With Tiffany, the only way Jason will find you in the beginning of the match is if you spawn near an objective which makes Tiffany better for carrying parts and not making any noise and she can still traverse the map with ease with her above average speed and very high stamina. Vanessa has the edge in most stats but they are very minimal increases and easy to work around. Tiffany is basically the slower and slightly dumber version of Vanessa but a WHOLE lot stealthier. Again, if stealth actually mattered as much it would make Tiffany a more viable option over Vanessa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Fair points, but I feel like Tiffany is a lot easier to lone wolf than Vanessa. Her stealth will give her position away and you may wind up being tunneled. With Tiffany, the only way Jason will find you in the beginning of the match is if you spawn near an objective which makes Tiffany better for carrying parts and not making any noise and she can still traverse the map with ease with her above average speed and very high stamina. Vanessa has the edge in most stats but they are very minimal increases and easy to work around. Tiffany is basically slower and slightly dumber Vanessa but a WHOLE lot stealthier. Again, if stealth actually mattered as much it would make Tiffany a more viable option over Vanessa.

Stealth is very important in early game and I feel like it is pretty underrated, so I agree on that point, however, when considering all-rounder, we have to throw repair into the mix. Hitting 5 skill checks with Vanessa's 2 in intelligence is significantly faster than hitting 6 skill checms with Tiffany's 1 in intelligence, this is doubly true if you mess up one of those skill checks, as it takes nearly a full minute if you end up choking with Tiffany on a repair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nougat said:

Jenny and Chad if you have compotent teammates. Vanessa if you are lonewolfing. This is disregarding No-Fear Jenny, since you technically need to have perks to make that setup work. No-Fear Jenny is lonewolf viable IMO. Jenny and Chad can work with 2 Repair (as can Vannesa) and they have the two fastest car starting speeds which helps in a pinch. Their luck also helps them if they are being tunneled for long periods of time due to the weapon durability increase. Jenny has the edge on stamina management, while Chad has the edge on traversing the map faster. So on a decent team of counselors, I think they can fit any mold pretty well, granted the player knows what they're doing.

Vanessa for obvious reasons is the best choice when lonewolfing, since despite her stealth, she can hold her own better than any other counselor and also has that 2 repair, which is just enough to get the job done.

Victoria is looling like she will be the best all-rounder when she comes out though. Good stealth, stamina and luck, adding to that, her 3 repair will be more reliable than Chad, Jenny, and Vanessa's current 2 in repair.

My vote goes to Vanessa for the sole reason of her being easiest counselor to lonewolf as.

Yea, very good assessment :D.  I do disagree that Jenny isn't viable without "No Fear".   The only time it matters is when Jason is hardcore tunnelling you for 3 mins.( because you're the only one left).  While not falling into fear is nice, having to choose between Medic or Swift-Attacker is tough.  I finally rolled the Perks need for "No Fear", so I've been running that for a month now, but before I did quite well and garner much salt from my old build (Marathon, Swift Attacker, Medic) on Jenny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Yea, very good assessment :D.  I do disagree that Jenny isn't viable without "No Fear".   The only time it matters is when Jason is hardcore tunnelling you for 3 mins.( because you're the only one left).  While not falling into fear is nice, having to choose between Medic or Swift-Attacker is tough.  I finally rolled the Perks need for "No Fear", so I've been running that for a month now, but before I did quite well and garner much salt from my old build (Marathon, Swift Attacker, Medic) on Jenny. 

You seem to be quite phenomenal as a counselor, so I'd say Medic on the simple fact that quick-throw knives can't be reacted to and the extra healing is a life saver a lot of the time. Nerves of Steel will keep you good from shift grabs as long as you keep Jason in sight so the red arrow stays around, and baiting will remedy the fact that swift attacker isn't there. I guess it depends on the Jason at the end of the day though. Swift attacker seems like it would help a lot against running Jasons who can close the gap between you and them very quickly. Roy must be a pain though since he has extra knives and running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nougat said:

You seem to be quite phenomenal as a counselor, so I'd say Medic on the simple fact that quick-throw knives can't be reacted to and the extra healing is a life saver a lot of the time. Nerves of Steel will keep you good from shift grabs as long as you keep Jason in sight so the red arrow stays around, and baiting will remedy the fact that swift attacker isn't there. I guess it depends on the Jason at the end of the day though. Swift attacker seems like it would help a lot against running Jasons who can close the gap between you and them very quickly. Roy must be a pain though since he has extra knives and running.

You know your stuff and thank you for the compliment :).  Roy isn't bad to deal with and I've gotten better at dodging/avoiding/block Knives since I can no longer tank as many without Medic.  I'd say Part4 Jason is Jenny's nemesis.  While I'm quite good at shift-dodges, I feel like I get grabbed by the shifts I see coming more often from -shifts Jasons.  The slower speed of the shift allows Jason players have better accuracy exiting the shift as well more time to react to my avoid pattern.  I'd say I get grabbed one more time for every 8 attempts from a good J4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chad. It's not even close. The only thing going against him is being unable to use Pamela's sweater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Tommy said:

The Chad. It's not even close. The only thing going against him is being unable to use Pamela's sweater.

. . . or repair for $#!%.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

You know your stuff and thank you for the compliment :).  Roy isn't bad, and I've gotten better at dodging/avoiding/block Knives since I can no longer tank as many without Medic.  I'd say Part4 Jason is Jenny's nemesis.  While I'm quite good at shift-dodges, I feel like I get grabbed by the shifts I see coming more often with -shifts.  The slower speed of the shift allows Jason players have better accuracy exiting the shift as well more time to react to my avoid pattern.  I'd say I get grabbed one more time for every 8 attempts from a good J4.

No problem, I am all for complimenting those who deserve it.

Nothing feels worse than hearing J4's music the moment you spawn in (meaning they skipped the knives in the shack). Regardless of it being pre-shift, it's a hassle to be tunneled by a running Jason with +Destruction before even being able to take a few steps. J2 is probably my bane for the same reason you said about J4 and -Shift being more accurate. I have an easier time with J4 because he is bad at keeping multiple objectives from being pushed, so I can usually get breathing room for a while if my teammates are pushing objectives. J2 usually doesn't have that problem as much with his 7 traps, so he'll stay on me for quite a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nougat said:

Stealth is very important in early game and I feel like it is pretty underrated, so I agree on that point, however, when considering all-rounder, we have to throw repair into the mix. Hitting 5 skill checks with Vanessa's 2 in intelligence is significantly faster than hitting 6 skill checms with Tiffany's 1 in intelligence, this is doubly true if you mess up one of those skill checks, as it takes nearly a full minute if you end up choking with Tiffany on a repair.

It is much easier with a 2 repair than a 1 repair for sure, but not everyone is meant to be a fixer. Most of the time I can manage to put the battery or gas in the car because a lot of the time Jason won’t even spawn to check unless it is the propellor or the fuse box. I’ll say about 1 out of every 6 attempts I can get a perfect skill check with Tiffany. I’ve noticed that I fix the fuse box and screw up a couple of times and Jason doesn’t even spawn to my location. You’ve gotta start fixing while Jason is off guard while he is harcore tunneling somebody or he is chasing the car because he isn’t going to leave the car for the phone box. Anyways even when I do play a counselor with a 2 repair I give it to a smarter character than myself, but with everybody picking Vanessa and Buggzy it becomes slim pickings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

It is much easier with a 2 repair than a 1 repair for sure, but not everyone is meant to be a fixer. Most of the time I can manage to put the battery or gas in the car because a lot of the time Jason won’t even spawn to check unless it is the propellor or the fuse box. I’ll say about 1 out of every 6 attempts I can get a perfect skill check with Tiffany. I’ve noticed that I fix the fuse box and screw up a couple of times and Jason doesn’t even spawn to my location. You’ve gotta start fixing while Jason is off guard while he is harcore tunneling somebody or he is chasing the car because he isn’t going to leave the car for the phone box. Anyways even when I do play a counselor with a 2 repair I give it to a smarter character than myself, but with everybody picking Vanessa and Buggzy it becomes slim pickings.

I'm just going by what the OP said. Repairing is part of being an all-rounder.

4 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

. . . or repair for $#!%.  ;)

2 Repair is workable if you reroll for 5 skill checks and have good reaction time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FinalBoy said:

It depends on your playstyle, but honestly for me it's easily Vanessa. I think stamina and speed are the most important traits in this game.

This. Plus her repair isn't that bad either. I know it's a two, but generally I get quite a bit done with repair with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×